Wimbledon 2021

10 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Out of 10 games played 8 are breaks of serve. Final set, never seen this in my life.

make it 11..lol.. khachanov has again missed a golden opportunity and whoever holds the serve will win now.

Edited by bet4fun

Tomljanovic to beat Raducanu at 1.84 with Pinnacle
Hurkacz (+7.0 Games) to beat Medvedev at 1.62 with Pinnacle

I will go against "the market" here. I think these odds are influenced by all the hype around the teenager. IMO the odds for the aussie should be at 1.55-1.70 but now you can find her above 1.80. The aussie clearly enjoys more the grass (28-23) than Vondrousova and Cirstea, who have a negative record on this surface. Tomljanovic will play against the court but Raducanu will play against all the fever around her. I take the aussie!
I'm impressed with how Hurkacz has been playing here. He came in a bad form but now he has destroyed every single player he has faced and his numbers on serve are brutal (he has not faced a single BP in his last 2 matches). Medvedev already dropped a set against Struff and he comes from dropping 2 against Cilic. I think Hubi can trouble him here.

22 minutes ago, bet4fun said:

make it 11..lol.. khachanov has again missed a golden opportunity and whoever holds the serve will win now.

Khachanov is saved by his serve. Seb Korda is definitely the American to watch. What a match. Experience at a senior level has saved Khachanov today.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, liquidglass said:

Especially now that she is becoming more popular, I just see the home support being too heavy for Tomljanovic to handle .

Mate, you couldn't be more wrong with that statement! All that "home support" finally has played against her. She barely could breath... As I said, "Tomljanovic will play against the court but Raducanu will play against all the fever around her". A really sad ending.

8 hours ago, bet4fun said:

if raducanu wins today I am taking an outright bet on her to win wimbledon just like I did on krazykova during french open.

ah, yes, a similar level of player; British #10, completely green, and an accomplished Czech multiple grand slam winner.

Was it the win over Cirstea or the win over Voudrosova that made her a title contender?

32 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Mate, you couldn't be more wrong with that statement! All that "home support" finally has played against her. She barely could breath... As I said, "Tomljanovic will play against the court but Raducanu will play against all the fever around her". A really sad ending.

Was the breathing problem a result of the home support? I am a bit confused.

11 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Was the breathing problem a result of the home support? I am a bit confused.

Are you kidding me? She was having a panic attack due to all that hype around her. At the end of the first set you could already tell but then during the first 3 games of the second set it got so much worse. A whole nation behind a 18 years old girl who barely has been tested at this level? Too much pressure...

Edited by darko08

Well, Federer's preferential treatment might just get him a chance against Medvedev, who'll have to play three days straight now. I watched him against Mannarino and the Frenchman could've won there without the injury, Federer wasn't dealing with the pressure at all. Caught a good break there and has improved, but it shouldn't be enough to beat Medvedev, right? With Rublev folding against Fucsovics today, Djokovic has been handed things on the platter as well. Fucsovics in the Qs and Shapovalov/Khachanov in the semis, two players that can't handle the pressure.

Novak Djokovic to win Wimbledon 2021 at 1.44 with Bet365

Honestly I think most of our minds gone completely wrong way in Wimbledon. For me it started very good, now it`s the opposite. When you use all your knowledge, season is on it´s top, you have statistic, play big odds and you even get VIDEO material form almost every match (that you can´t get on every GS) and you actually see how players performs, next round pick goes totally other way.

• Johnson (not getting advantage in 5th set against Fritz)
  • Ostapenko
  • Linette ( vs Badosa; had 3:0/A:40 in 3rd set)
  • Bublik (played excellent against Dimitrov, total blowout against Hurkacz, who looked to me as a ´´robot´´ in movement on grass)
  • Juvan (HC, mentally not capable of even winning some games she should take)
  • Thompson (over games vs Ivashka, who was swept later by Berettini; very good tournament till this match)
  • Korda, Samsonova (also has very good feeling, at least for Samsonova)

I don´t know whether to continue or just wait for next tournaments, also on this forum is too much guessing and contrary opinions about matches. What´s your opinion? Good luck.

2 hours ago, AgaRadwanska said:

Isn't Linette quite prone to losing matches from winning positions? Cirstea, Jabeur, Kvitova all spring to mind in past couple of months.

Anyway lets all sit back and enjoy the tennis, as Viktorija Golubic somehow wins Wimbledon. 

hahaha not possible. although i dont rule out pliskova in the finals and i would love pliskova-kerber final. pliskova has not been tested yet in this tournament except for vekic but vekic is nowhere close to her best. Pliskova's real test will come in the next match against sabalenka.

hedging my kerber to win wimbeldon bet with [email protected] with betway.

Reasoning is simple like i said before an outsider is most likely to win wimbledon. barty if she has to win has to be 100% fit which I am not sure. Sabalenka given her history of folding in crunch games. can't trust her either. muchova showed some nerves yesterday and has defeated barty before in australian and i can't see why she cannot do it again

Hurkacz (+4.5 Games) to beat Federer at 1.90 with Pinnacle

As I said on a previous post backing Hubi against Medvedev, the pole came here in a bad form but now he's playing incredibly well here. He has destroyed Musetti, Giron and Bublik and he comes from beating Medvedev in 5 sets. His numbers on serve have been brutal except for the 1st set he played against Medvedev (he played with a 41% of 1st serves on that set...). After that 1st set Medvedev had 0 Break Points in 3 of the next 4 sets. Federer has beat Mannarino, Gasquet, Norrie and Sonego. Federer was lucky against Mannarino (he was going to lose). Then, he had no problems for beating the others but now he will have a bigger test. I was hearing Hubi talking after he beat Medvedev and he said that Federer was the reason why he decided to be a professional tennis player. That's the only thing I don't like. I have no doubts he can beat Federer but that's the biggest problem that most of the players have when they face Federer, they all respect him too much. Anyways, if Hubi plays as he has done till here, he can trouble Federer.

58 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Hurkacz (+4.5 Games) to beat Federer at 1.90 with Pinnacle

As I said on a previous post backing Hubi against Medvedev, the pole came here in a bad form but now he's playing incredibly well here. He has destroyed Musetti, Giron and Bublik and he comes from beating Medvedev in 5 sets. His numbers on serve have been brutal except for the 1st set he played against Medvedev (he played with a 41% of 1st serves on that set...). After that 1st set Medvedev had 0 Break Points in 3 of the next 4 sets. Federer has beat Mannarino, Gasquet, Norrie and Sonego. Federer was lucky against Mannarino (he was going to lose). Then, he had no problems for beating the others but now he will have a bigger test. I was hearing Hubi talking after he beat Medvedev and he said that Federer was the reason why he decided to be a professional tennis player. That's the only thing I don't like. I have no doubts he can beat Federer but that's the biggest problem that most of the players have when they face Federer, they all respect him too much. Anyways, if Hubi plays as he has done till here, he can trouble Federer.

you think federer will lose to him.. federer is reaching the finals minimum with the crowd behind him. also the organizers wanted federer-novak final. i think federer is being underestimated by many. he has stepped up his game in the last match

1 hour ago, bet4fun said:

you think federer will lose to him.. federer is reaching the finals minimum with the crowd behind him. also the organizers wanted federer-novak final. i think federer is being underestimated by many. he has stepped up his game in the last match

I said he can trouble him. The bet is a games handicap. Norrie lost in 4 sets against him and he covered this line.

On one hand, everyone who saw Fucsovics against Rublev will agree that the odds of 20+ that you can get on him against Djokovic are a bit ridiculous. He can beat him if he keeps that level throughout, no doubt. At the same time, there's the issue of his mental blocks. They were there when he was trying to make it from the Challengers to the main tour. They were there when he started to compete on the main tour. They are there when he's trying to beat the top guys and his awful record against them is no fluke. Just look at his match against Thiem this year and see what I mean. On the biggest stage against the biggest player right now, chances are that he'll compete for a while and then fail, even if ahead.