Wimbledon 2021

6 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Steve Johnson to beat Taylor Fritz at 2.35 with Pinnacle

Taking this with Pinnacle, wouldn't be shocked by Fritz retiring. Anyway, Fritz looked good against Nakashima, way better than expected, but let's not take things for granted. Playing a second match in two days can take its toll if his fitness isn't there, which it shouldn't. Also, Johnson tends to fare well against guys with big serves and has a good record against both Isner and Fritz himself.

I have that one as well but my wimbledon bets are not going as smooth as french open. so not posting much. I think again an outsider is going to win the tournament.

20 hours ago, neilovan said:

Having watched both days of Wimbledon so far, I have been surprised by how slippery and green the covered courts are. It kind of makes sense that you would get an unexpected surface, simply because nobody knows how the grass reacts to 'indoor' conditions. But the two covered courts are definitely different to those outdoors.

Question: With matches to be made up, where are those scheduled in to play? So does the order of play take precedence? 

A few games I like today.

Karatsev to beat Chardy at 6/10  . I think the grass suites a solid player, with great balance. No more solid than Karatsev, while Chardy is coming to the end of his career.

Querry to beat Carreno-Busta

I think Dimitrov beats Verdasco quite easily. I lighter, more agile guy will dominate on the grass.

Interesting game with Tsonga and Ymer. I just feel that the Tsonga serve could be the difference in what should be a tight match. I expect at least 1  tie breaker here, and Tsonga to win, in a match that goes at least 4 sets.

A surprise for me is too see Fritz at odds of 1.96 against Nakashima. Can only be because Fritz has not prepared on grass, but these odds way to big for me. 

this has always been the case for wimbledon. it always rains. I remember once it rained for 3 consecutive days, grass is behaving well like novak said and I trust him. some players just like to make excuses like serena.

Two men's players who have impressed the most for me have been Medvedev and Rublev. Medvedev looked very good against Struff, and Rublev just demolishing players.

My dad was a tennis coach. I could play by the age of 5 or 6. Used to serve at least 1000 balls a week.Today, I can fall outta bed with a hangover and still serve the eyes out of the ball. It's endless practice and muscle memory,.Out of the under cooked guys that have not played much warm up or practice matches Querry, Fritz, Kyrigos all made it through. All of them are GREAT servers, and it's a part of the game that does not go away .... practice or no practice.

A couple of long shot surprises today...

For Monfils to go 5 sets with a qualifier must be a worry. A long match with plenty of lactic acid residue will make him vulnerable. Martinez to win at 18 to 10.

Jermey Chardy came through a tough match against Karatsev, that I did not expect. Won the 1st 2 sets in a tie breaker (7-4 and 8-6), which shows his toughness. AT 11.2 to 10 against Ivashka it's a bet I'll take.

Marc Polmans  to beat Garin at 20 to 10. Garin not looking so flash against a qualifier in first round.

I'm finding that trebles work very well in tennis. But don't fall in love with anyone. Don't include the same player in multiple different bets. Also don't mix two longish shots in the same bet. A 3 legged bet with a  long shot with two favorites works well. My own preference is to avoid woman's tennis which is just totally inconsistent (yesterday a prime example with Andrescu making 37 unforced errors in 15 games. FFS this is the PRO's, not club tennis. 2.5 points given away every game which is ridiculous)

Bets like the following work for me, and you probably only need 3 wins in every 10 to be ahead.

SO Nishikori > Thompson  |  Chardy > Ivashka | Medvedev under 32.5 games gives 3.25

Marc Polmans > Garin | Monfils v Martenez over 38.5 games (need a tie breaker and a 4 set match to win) pays 4.66 to 1

Querry to win | Bedene to win | Fritz to win | Cilic to win  pays 3.1

Also , if you can try and find an in play match where the favorite lost the 1st set. In woman's tennis this can be profitable. So Sakkari lost 1st set 5-7 to SHelby Rogers. I would expect Sakkari to win this match so odds of 12 to 10 are great. But I'll hook this bet up with another longer shot and lower my stake substantially ( I don't like betting woman's tennis).

Edited by neilovan

12 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Chardy  to beat Ivashka

Be careful with Chardy. He lost in 2 sets against Hanfmann in Stuttgart and then he lost in 3 against Bublik in Queens. He was in the Entry List for the Mallorca Open but he finally did not played there. Those easy defeats against players that he should have beat (especially Hanfmann, of course) and the fact he pulled out from the Mallorca Open suggest me that he was not in the best physical conditions. It's true he has beat Karatsev in straight sets but I saw the russian against Norrie and he played incredibly bad. Chardy started the year really good but now it seems he's struggling in this part of the season. In relation to Ivashka it's completely the opposite, he started the year really bad but now he's looking good. He still has not beat any big player on grass this year but he has many wins on this surface. I saw him against Munar a little bit and he was looking really solid. If Chardy is well I reckon this match can be long and go either way but if he's not at his best conditions Ivashka will take it. We'll see.

9 minutes ago, LOVETENNIS said:

Chardy, Johnson, Bedene, Duckworth u1,5 sets @1,66, Thompson u1,5 sets @1,66; Vondrousova, Kerber, Kreijcikova, Sasnovich...

so all 4 of these not to win 2 sets

Chardy, Johnson, Bedene, Duckworth u1,5 sets @1,66 in any match ?

3 minutes ago, LOVETENNIS said:

no only Duckworth & Thompson, the others are winners

For me Fritz had a harder match in the previous round. I think these guys know each other too well, with no surprises here.

For me two wipe-outs today will be Medvedev and Allisame. Ymer did well to overcome Tsonga from 2-1 down but he will get demolished today. Medvedev is just playing super grass court tennis.

1 minute ago, neilovan said:

For me Fritz had a harder match in the previous round. I think these guys know each other too well, with no surprises here.

For me two wipe-outs today will be Medvedev and Allisame. Ymer did well to overcome Tsonga from 2-1 down but he will get demolished today. Medvedev is just playing super grass court tennis.

Yes, i know about Medvedev, but odds to low, Medvedev could win the whole tournament ...

30 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Be careful with Chardy. He lost in 2 sets against Hanfmann in Stuttgart and then he lost in 3 against Bublik in Queens. He was in the Entry List for the Mallorca Open but he finally did not played there. Those easy defeats against players that he should have beat (especially Hanfmann, of course) and the fact he pulled out from the Mallorca Open suggest me that he was not in the best physical conditions. It's true he has beat Karatsev in straight sets but I saw the russian against Norrie and he played incredibly bad. Chardy started the year really good but now it seems he's struggling in this part of the season. In relation to Ivashka it's completely the opposite, he started the year really bad but now he's looking good. He still has not beat any big player on grass this year but he has many wins on this surface. I saw him against Munar a little bit and he was looking really solid. If Chardy is well I reckon this match can be long and go either way but if he's not at his best conditions Ivashka will take it. We'll see

Well, I will take a little risk for this one. I bet on Ivashka to win the whole match and I include Chardy to win a set!

Match Result and Both Players To Win a Set - Ivashka - Yes at 2.75 with bet365

Even though Isner was largely immobile I don't understand why people are underestimating Nishioka .He dealt with Isner's serve within reason and the match with Bedene(with a good serve) should be close. Bedene is a better player on a faster court but I'm surprised people are underestimating Nishioka here.

3 picks for the Wimbledon matches:

ATP TIAFOE-1.5 GAMES OVER KHACHANOV @ 1.97 at pinnacle
Tiafoe was great in his first 2 matches winningg them both easily. Khachanov is not at his best on grass (despite his big serve).

WTA BARTY-6 GAMES OVER BLINKOVA @ 1.64 at several bookies
WTA BARTY-BLINKOVA 2:0 sets @ 1.3 at several bookies
Expect to see an easy win for the favorite Barty, who is a great grass court players and wins most of her grass court matches easily.

I just took my tournament bets...

kerber to win@19 - this was obvious. she is back in form after 3  years and the ride the form

stephens to win@29 - getting close to old stephen.. the one who won the US open and can surprise

badosa to win @51 - this is purely based on youth exuberance

krazykova to win @23 - can continue the french open form. does not need to prove anything to anybody

all of them are with betway

Edited by bet4fun
thoughts

2 hours ago, darko08 said:

Be careful with Chardy. He lost in 2 sets against Hanfmann in Stuttgart and then he lost in 3 against Bublik in Queens. He was in the Entry List for the Mallorca Open but he finally did not played there. Those easy defeats against players that he should have beat (especially Hanfmann, of course) and the fact he pulled out from the Mallorca Open suggest me that he was not in the best physical conditions. It's true he has beat Karatsev in straight sets but I saw the russian against Norrie and he played incredibly bad. Chardy started the year really good but now it seems he's struggling in this part of the season. In relation to Ivashka it's completely the opposite, he started the year really bad but now he's looking good. He still has not beat any big player on grass this year but he has many wins on this surface. I saw him against Munar a little bit and he was looking really solid. If Chardy is well I reckon this match can be long and go either way but if he's not at his best conditions Ivashka will take it. We'll see.

These guys like Chardy can avoid playing all year by just winning 2 or 3 matches in each of the majors. Brings in 400k for 6 weeks work. They are bringing everything these 5 weeks as it sets up the year.

18 minutes ago, bet4fun said:

kerber to win@19 - this was obvious. she is back in form after 3  years and the ride the form

stephens to win@29 - getting close to old stephen.. the one who won the US open and can surprise

krazykova to win @23 - can continue the french open form. does not need to prove anything to anybody

I just don't fancy Kerber at all. 2nd serve just so weak, and mentally as brittle as China. I think Badosa is a fantastic ball striker, and also mentally strong.

29 minutes ago, WinningTipster said:

3 picks for the Wimbledon matches:

ATP TIAFOE-1.5 GAMES OVER KHACHANOV @ 1.97 at pinnacle
Tiafoe was great in his first 2 matches winningg them both easily. Khachanov is not at his best on grass (despite his big serve).

WTA BARTY-6 GAMES OVER BLINKOVA @ 1.64 at several bookies
WTA BARTY-BLINKOVA 2:0 sets @ 1.3 at several bookies
Expect to see an easy win for the favorite Barty, who is a great grass court players and wins most of her grass court matches easily.

I would be super scared to go against Khachanov. WOuld be going a close match here and taking the over 39.5 games

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Even though Isner was largely immobile I don't understand why people are underestimating Nishioka .He dealt with Isner's serve within reason and the match with Bedene(with a good serve) should be close. Bedene is a better player on a faster court but I'm surprised people are underestimating Nishioka here.

now you know why people dont like nishioka. he got blown away in a grandslam match. completely pathetic. isner would have played better than him.

5 hours ago, bet4fun said:

I've taken Badosa and Samsonova at very long odds. 

4 hours ago, bet4fun said:

now you know why people dont like nishioka. he got blown away in a grandslam match. completely pathetic. isner would have played better than him.

Isner isn't very good at tennis. He is however very good at hitting a ball very hard from serve. Nishioka outplayed him for most of the match, and fully deserved to win. Seems like a cool guy also. 

5 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Yeah, Vondrousova struggling. Still, can't complain about too much so far in this event, even with Johnson coming close to a 0-2 to 3-2 comeback. Can't see anything for tomorrow yet, but I'll check again.

You mean you cannot see Shapovalov over Murray? You might need glasses!? lol