** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

US Open 2020

1 hour ago, DrO said:

I completely agree with Torque over Zverev - Anderson and Goffin - Opelka matches.
So,my choice is going to be:

Anderson K. - Zverev A. over 3.5 sets @1.70 (local bookie)
Opelka R. - Goffin D. over 3.5 sets @1.60 (local bookie)

Also,i'm going with one match which is my original pick:
Krajinovic F. - Ymer M. under 35.5 games @1.90 (local bookie)

You never know with Filip Krajinovic,but i hope he can deliver an easy victory here. He was very good last week in Cincinnati. Yes,he struggled with Caruso in first march,but then he was briliant against both Thiem and Fucsovics. He even served for the match against Raonic. Ymer debuts in the main draw of US Open. Swede player lost to Harris last week,and also lost to Krajinovic in Montpellier early this year by 61 61. Like i said..it's not easy to trust Krajinovic,but with this line and odds i'm willing to take risk

GL :hope

I am very surprised that people are getting carried away with Krajinovics form when he is far from a world beater. Even if M. Ymer has no current form, his pedigree still speaks volumes. To go under 35.5 after the exertions of Krajinovic last week is almost suicidal to say the least unless one sees Ymer as the surprise victor in 3 quick sets. If Krajinovic is to win this, this will certainly go beyond 3 sets and possibly into a brawl. We are talking about a next generation star here.!

Edited by liquidglass

3 hours ago, liquidglass said:

I am very surprised that people are getting carried away with Krajinovics form when he is far from a world beater. Even if M. Ymer has no current form, his pedigree still speaks volumes. To go under 35.5 after the exertions of Krajinovic last week is almost suicidal to say the least unless one sees Ymer as the surprise victor in 3 quick sets. If Krajinovic is to win this, this will certainly go beyond 3 sets and possibly into a brawl. We are talking about a next generation star here.!

For me it's even simpler - Krajinovic is in no way reliable as a betting proposition. There's plenty of other matches to look at :ok

Couldn't stay up long enough for the Osaka match. Was impressed by Kontaveit against a very hard hitting and tough Collins. Compared to Martins who I thought struggled massivily at times. Khachanov I think should do well on these courts and started well at Cinci, but I haven't seen much of Sinner recently so hard to pull the trigger on lowish odds for KK. Konta straight sets and RBA/Sandgren over 3.5 sets are ones I want to back as well. I'll probably come back this afternoon and post them if the odds aren't too bad.

I did watch Osaka (2nd and 3rd sets). Despite losing the second set Osaka played well (Doi was really good, more than I expected) and the feelings were that the match was always controlled by her. I saw no signs of physical issues on her and she was quite calm during all the match. Good play, good mood and no signs of physical problems. If she has no meltdowns she looks the favorite one to me to win the whole thing.

Two more picks for me today and no more,i promise :lol

Dimitrov G. - Paul T. over 3.5 sets @1.60 (local bookie Soccerbet)
I don't fancy Grisha too much these days to be honest. His game have too many ups and downs and except of last year his US Open record is very modest. Paul is no world beater but with his big serve and ground strokes he can be dangerous. They met in A.Open earlier this year and it was a long,five setter match.

Jabeur O. - Kawa K. under 18.5 games @1.65 (local bookie Meridianbet)
I expect a pretty routine job for the Tunisian player. Jabeur was solid lately,i think she have a good mentality and game stability. About Kawa i don't know much but this pick is all about Jabeur and i hope she will deliver.

GL :hope

Cornet (vs. Davis) + Cilic (vs. Kudla) at 1.76 with 888
Davis is in a very bad form. She has played 3 matches after the pandemic and she has not won a single set (inlcuding a lost against a total unknown player): K.Scott (6-3, 6-4), Linette (6-3, 6-2) and Samsonova (6-4, 6-1). Cornet has played several matches during the pandemic and she left good sensations in Cincinatti, where she won in straight sets against Mcnally and Kenin. I know Cilic is not at his best form but the conditions here are great for him and he's so much better than his opponent.

Edited by darko08

On 8/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, matrixman said:

Guys I really like De Minaur  to win his quarter at 21.00 .Obviously not in form.Who really is here.

As far as the women Sabalenka stands out to me .Yes its feast or famine but she def has the hitting power to beat anyone.

As far as the long shots..Rybakina ,Brady,Martic and Alexandrova

And what in the blue hell is Pironkova doing here? Back from purgatory?

Pironkova?? Wow

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Still in the dark regarding tomorrow, I'm thinking Kerber, but that's about it so far, on the edge for a couple of things, including Garin and Gerasimov. I seem to be on track to a losing season in 2020 after two winning ones, no hat-trick coming by the looks of things. Will keep fighting though ?.

I have Gerasimov rated highly here.I think he is more than capable vs thompson..i would have made him a fav here.

Christian Garin to beat Mikhail Kukushkin at 1.84 with Pinnacle

To be fair, I didn't see much of Garin, but Balazs was a joke and Kukushkin struggled nonetheless. He played very average on serve and with no energy from the back of the baseline, Garin is way better in terms of ceilings nowadays and should be able to get under Kukushkin's skin.

11 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

To be fair, I didn't see much of Garin, but Balazs was a joke and Kukushkin struggled nonetheless. He played very average on serve and with no energy from the back of the baseline, Garin is way better in terms of ceilings nowadays and should be able to get under Kukushkin's skin.

Hope Garin has adapted to the fast-pace court. He is better in "slower" courts.

Viktoria Azarenka to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 2.00 with William Hill

A rematch from last year and Sabalenka won back then, but I think Azarenka should be a slight fav and not a slight underdog. She's been playing better lately and has more smarts as well, Sabalenka is just still bashing - and her bashing has declined a bit from last year when she was on a high confidence-wise.

14 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

I think Garin wins in straight sets. He's gonna be up for it and he is heavily confident in himself regardless of the surface.

Hey guys.

Looking for 1-2 bankers for today's matches. Advices from those who has watched any of the players below would be great.

Here is my pool to extract from:

Norrie to bean Coria ~1.08

Goffin to beat Harris ~1.16

Zverev to beat Nakashima ~1.20

Struff to bean Mmoh ~1.22

Carreno Busta to beat Krueger ~1.16

Putintseva to beat Lapko ~1.12

Kvitova to beat Kozlova ~1.12

3 hours ago, vvararu said:

Hey guys.

Looking for 1-2 bankers for today's matches. Advices from those who has watched any of the players below would be great.

Here is my pool to extract from:

Norrie to bean Coria ~1.08

Goffin to beat Harris ~1.16

Zverev to beat Nakashima ~1.20

Struff to bean Mmoh ~1.22

Carreno Busta to beat Krueger ~1.16

Putintseva to beat Lapko ~1.12

Kvitova to beat Kozlova ~1.12

I watched Struff and Carreño (not the whole match but big part of it). Also the last set of the Lapko-Golubic. Struff was brutal. Can't believe how this guy has not won a tournament yet, or even played a F. I did not watch Mmoh. The only concern i have with this one is that sometimes Struff struggles to break opponents serve so maybe there will be some TBs. Carreño was not good but he wasn't bad either (Uchiyama played the match of his life). As Czech said, I was impressed with how Lapko played in the last set. She has been a mess for a long time so that was not expected at all. Anyway, Lapko will need to serve really well to have a chance against Putintseva and be as agressive and accurate as she can. I think Putintseva will win.

Shelby Rogers (+3.5 Games) to beat Rybakina at 2.12 with 888

2 players with really good serve. I expect a close match here and I think Rogers can cover this handicap.

Kenin (vs. Leylah Annie Fernandez) + Riske (vs. Ann Li) at 1.90 with bet365

Kenin passed through Wickmayer with extreme ease. I know she's not at her best but i can't imagine the young canadian player causing an upset here. I did not watch Ann Li but I see Riske so much better than the young player so I don't expect an upset here neither.

I have to add another one i have for tomorrow (later)

Edited by darko08