** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup Predictions > 26th - 28th January

Next weekend sees the return of the FA Cup for the 4th Round fixtures.

Only a handful of firms up with odds so I'll delay posting a list for a few days.

I've had a quick look over the prices and one that immediately jumps out at me is the 19/20 available about Swansea away at Notts County. If you look back at 3rd round day,there was 2 fixtures that fit the L2 v Prem profile; Exeter v West Brom and Coventry v Stoke, the odds for West Brom and Stoke were 2/5 and 8/13 respectively. Now I must admit that I rate Swansea as the worst team in the Premier League, but Stoke aren't much bette rwhilst I rate West Brom as a midtable side. Down in League Two Coventry come out on top of my ratings with Notts County a Play Off contender and Exeter around 10th. In my opinion, the gap between Notts County and Swansea is comparable to the gap between Coventry and Stoke. Obviously alot relies on team news, but if Swansea turn up next week with a similar side to that that faced Wolves in R3, I expect them to be considerably shorter than early quotes of 19/20

facupodds.jpg

Thanks for setting this thread up early doors, @jamiedavies02. I like the enthusiasm! :lol Here are the odds to accompany the thread. A lot of quality matches to consider. I'll be attending the Cardiff versus Manchester City game. One of my first ever Cardiff games that I attended was the 1-0 win against City in the FA Cup back in 1994. Nathan Blake becoming an instant cult hero with that curling goal.

Anyway, get your thoughts and tips posted up. I'll get my previews posted later in the week as we get a better idea of squads and player availability. :ok In the mean time, keen to hear some of your FA Cup stories. Can be bets you've placed, games you've attended, or even just your favourite moments watching on TV.

Yeovil vs Manchester United

It was only three years ago that these two sides met in the FA Cup. On that occasion, it was the 3rd Round as opposed to the 4th Round. Manchester United ran out comfortable 2-0 winners. It was the third time the clubs have come up against each other in their history. United also won the previous two meetings in 1938 and 1949 with 3-0 and 8-0 victories respectively. Personally, I love the FA Cup and the potential for a big shock when a lower placed side hosts a top flight team. Unfortunately, I can't see an upset happening here. Yeovil are in a torrid run of form in the league of four games without a win. They are hovering dangerously above the relegation zone with just 2 points keeping them out of the bottom two. United are a contrast with three wins from their last three league games and they currently sit 2nd in the Premier League. I expect this to be a business-like performance from United and would back them to win by a couple of goals at least.

Manchester United  HT/FT @ 1.57 with Ladbrokes

Manchester United to win to nil @ 1.75 with BetVictor

@waynecoyne, @malabgd, @Magic0024, @Neubs, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @Tiffy, @RealUnited, @allthethings, @Bronxie, @jamiedavies02, @slipkid, @DW_United, @sajtion, @fat, @Pep004, @allyhibs, @betcatalog, @6avin24, @PokerWolf1, @Papa Lazarou, @godofhorses, @teddybear3011, and @Darran, will you guys be placing any bets on the FA Cup matches this weekend?

Sheffield Wed v Reading FC

Sheffield Wed: Joost van Aken (14/0 d), Tom Lees (18/0 d), Barry Bannan (21/0 m)(all doubtful), Gary Hooper (24/10 f, top scorer), Sam Hutchinson (6/0 d), Keiren Westwood (18/0 first goalkeeper), Fernando Forestieri (2/0 f), Kieran Lee (15/3 m), Steven Fletcher (19/2 f)

Reading FC: Paul McShane (25/0 d, captain), Joseph Mendes (3/0 f)(both doubtful), John Swift (14/2 m), Jordan Obita (2/0 m), Omar Richards (5/0 d), Callum Harriott (0/0 m), Stephen Quinn (0/0 m), Sam Smith (3/0 f)

Yeovil Town v Manchester United

Yeovil Town: Rhys Browne (17/3 m, doubtful), Otis Khan (27/6 m, 2nd top scorer, suspended), Marcus Barnes (1/0 f), Oscar Gobern (1/0 m), Daniel Alfei (2/0 d), James Bailey (24/1 m, captain)

Manchester United: Daley Blind (5/0 d, doubtful), Zlatan Ibrahimović (5/0 f), Eric Bailly (8/1 d), Michael Carrick (0/0 m, captain)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding the FA Cup

Man Utd are undefeated in 91% of their last 12 games in FA Cup.
Yeovil are undefeated in their last 10 games in FA Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 87% of Yeovil's last 15 games in FA Cup.

You can find interesting 66 Football Betting Streaks for 26.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-26-01-2018

Newport County vs Tottenham

It is a true David vs Goliath affair in the FA Cup 4th Round this weekend when League 2 side Newport County play Premier League club Tottenham. Both teams are enjoying good runs of form in their league campaigns. County are in 8th place and knocking on the door of the play-off positions. Spurs are in 5th place and just 2 points outside the Champions League spots. The home side have gotten to this stage of the competition after battling past Leeds, Cambridge, and Walsall in the previous three rounds. The away side have had to simply dispatch of AFC Wimbledon so far. County are a side that do not know when they are beaten under Mike Flynn. The manager guided them to the unlikeliest of survival fights last season and their late win against Leeds in the 3rd Round was the real spirit of the cup. However, this is a Tottenham side that will have aspirations of winning their first FA Cup since 1991.

It is also hard to believe that for all his fantastic work in evolving the team, Pochettino is yet to win a trophy with this side. I expect both teams to field full-strength teams here. County will make it as difficult as possible for Spurs on a torrid pitch. I just think Tottenham will have too much for Newport over the 90 minutes. It won't be as one-way as the 4-0 win for Tottenham in the 1960 clash at Somerton Park. It should be a solid win for the away side though. Tottenham have played lower opposition on seven occasions over the past 2 years and have kept clean sheets in six of those meetings. Newport will need to wait until another day to put an end to this run of 14 matches against top flight opposition without a win that spans 56 years.

Harry Kane to score and Tottenham to win @ 2.90 with Betway

Tottenham to win to nil @ 2.00 with BetVictor

On 19/01/2018 at 9:11 PM, jamiedavies02 said:

Next weekend sees the return of the FA Cup for the 4th Round fixtures.

Only a handful of firms up with odds so I'll delay posting a list for a few days.

I've had a quick look over the prices and one that immediately jumps out at me is the 19/20 available about Swansea away at Notts County. If you look back at 3rd round day,there was 2 fixtures that fit the L2 v Prem profile; Exeter v West Brom and Coventry v Stoke, the odds for West Brom and Stoke were 2/5 and 8/13 respectively. Now I must admit that I rate Swansea as the worst team in the Premier League, but Stoke aren't much bette rwhilst I rate West Brom as a midtable side. Down in League Two Coventry come out on top of my ratings with Notts County a Play Off contender and Exeter around 10th. In my opinion, the gap between Notts County and Swansea is comparable to the gap between Coventry and Stoke. Obviously alot relies on team news, but if Swansea turn up next week with a similar side to that that faced Wolves in R3, I expect them to be considerably shorter than early quotes of 19/20

Totally agree Jamie! I was fortunately lucky to back them against Liverpool at 11/1. I will also be joining you dependant on team news. If you get any news please post as I may be at work!

I'll be going to MK Dons tomorrow along with the 8,000 Coventry fans making the journey. Tough game to call, MK Dons struggling in the League above us and we have started scoring goals. Marc McNulty has scored 9 league goals in the last 10 games and Tom Bayliss is impressing in centre midfield. We seem to be a bit more creative since Liam Kelly got injured and Bayliss replaced him. Max Biamou will work his socks off partnering McNulty up front.  Hopefully a battling performance similar to the Stoke game who weren't up for the battle. 

-  MAN CITY (Sorry @StevieDay1983!!) - Should have too much for Cardiff and will want to avoid the extra game of a replay. 

-  TOTTENHAM - Again should have too much for Newport and will also want to avoid a replay.

-  MILWALL - A good home side and on a high after a good win away at Leeds. 

-  CHELSEA - Should go strong after getting knocked out of the Carabao Cup.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Tottenham's last 5 games in FA Cup.
West Ham have failed to score in their last 3 games in FA Cup.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 84% of Coventry's last 19 games in FA Cup.
Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 12 home matches.
Rochdale have kept a clean sheet in 86% of their last 7 games in FA Cup.

You can find interesting 78 Football Betting Streaks for 27.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-27-01-2018

10 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

I'll be going to MK Dons tomorrow along with the 8,000 Coventry fans making the journey. Tough game to call, MK Dons struggling in the League above us and we have started scoring goals. Marc McNulty has scored 9 league goals in the last 10 games and Tom Bayliss is impressing in centre midfield. We seem to be a bit more creative since Liam Kelly got injured and Bayliss replaced him. Max Biamou will work his socks off partnering McNulty up front.  Hopefully a battling performance similar to the Stoke game who weren't up for the battle. 

-  MAN CITY (Sorry @StevieDay1983!!) - Should have too much for Cardiff and will want to avoid the extra game of a replay. 

-  TOTTENHAM - Again should have too much for Newport and will also want to avoid a replay.

-  MILWALL - A good home side and on a high after a good win away at Leeds. 

-  CHELSEA - Should go strong after getting knocked out of the Carabao Cup.

It's OK mate. I understand. Interesting statistic though. We have only lost to Manchester City at home once since 1954. That's one defeat in 14 matches. On the majority of occasions, the Bluebirds have been heavy underdogs in those games too. Not many other match-ups where one side is so heavily another side's bogey team.

Our past two victories over Manchester City at home have been momentous occasions too. In our solitary Premier League season we won our first home game of the campaign 3-2 against them in a year they went on to win the title. In 1994, when we beat them 1-0 in the FA Cup, we were struggling in the relegation zone of the third tier and they were a solid top flight side.

We know what we are up against. We are totally aware that we could get absolutely spanked. However, given how City have struggled against the more physical sides and against managers that know how to kill a game, if there is one team that could upset them right now we believe it's us.

We are set for a record attendance tomorrow. I'll be there. I've seen enough miracles in football to not rule us out. If you have a spare £10 floating around then why not back us? Stranger things have happened. I was there in 2001 when we beat Leeds 2-1. Our odds of winning were fair more outlandish than they are here. We love a giant-killing.

Disclaimer: My head still thinks we will likely lose 2-0 but the heart believes we can create another page in our history. We have nothing to lose.

On 27/01/2018 at 9:35 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

It's OK mate. I understand. Interesting statistic though. We have only lost to Manchester City at home once since 1954. That's one defeat in 14 matches. On the majority of occasions, the Bluebirds have been heavy underdogs in those games too. Not many other match-ups where one side is so heavily another side's bogey team.

Our past two victories over Manchester City at home have been momentous occasions too. In our solitary Premier League season we won our first home game of the campaign 3-2 against them in a year they went on to win the title. In 1994, when we beat them 1-0 in the FA Cup, we were struggling in the relegation zone of the third tier and they were a solid top flight side.

We know what we are up against. We are totally aware that we could get absolutely spanked. However, given how City have struggled against the more physical sides and against managers that know how to kill a game, if there is one team that could upset them right now we believe it's us.

We are set for a record attendance tomorrow. I'll be there. I've seen enough miracles in football to not rule us out. If you have a spare £10 floating around then why not back us? Stranger things have happened. I was there in 2001 when we beat Leeds 2-1. Our odds of winning were fair more outlandish than they are here. We love a giant-killing.

Disclaimer: My head still thinks we will likely lose 2-0 but the heart believes we can create another page in our history. We have nothing to lose.

Unlucky today mate, you definitely deserved a goal. Good prediction with the 0-2 scoreline though. 

14 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

Unlucky today mate, you definitely deserved a goal. Good prediction with the 0-2 scoreline though. 

Yeah, I feel like we let ourselves down a bit. Our success this season has been based on getting stuck into teams and limiting their ability to play. We are happy to admit we don't have the most technically gifted players so we are a bit more aerial but we didn't exploit this against City. A few of our players seemed keen to try and show off against City as if to say "I'm just as good as you at playing it around". Unfortunately, they're not! Zohore is drawing some huge criticism. He just doesn't want to be here. The links to Brighton turned his head. We should have taken the reported £17m when we were offered it. Grujic was also poor. Can't condone Bennett's challenge. I can see why the ref didn't send him off. I was close to it and at the pace of it the challenge just look like a typical late swipe that a player takes for the team on a counter. After seeing the replay it was horrible.

Anyway, can't fault the majority of the lads. Manchester City are that good that you can play effectively and still look mediocre. It's what the great teams can do. Their ability to keep things simple is genius. Silva and De Bruyne are the sort of players we can only dream of having in our sides. Despite all the bad blood that's come from the Bennett challenge and the City fans trying to pick fights with our fans near the end, I still wish them all the best because they are one of the best club teams I've seen live and I've been lucky enough to see the Barcelona side under Pep, the 1999 treble winning side under Ferguson, and the Arsenal invincible side. This City side looks just as good, if not better, than that Barcelona side.