** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - June 24 - June 30

Miomir Kecmanovic to beat (-1.5 sets) Victor Troicki at 3.00 with Betfair

After seeing Miomir playing today I can easily say this serbian clash will be won by Miomir in two. There's a gulf in class between these two players right now. The second serve is where Victor loses many points by doing lots of errors while Miomir is better on his second serve and it should show in this match.

Edited by four-leaf

Smith providing a repeat of Ward ffs, laughable really. Following on Kecmanovic to beat Troicki at 1.91 with William Hill, hopefully I don't curse that as well. Kecmanovic was good today, Troicki just did what he had to do to beat the out-of-sorts Paire. Into a solid minus for the year now, but I suppose you can't win them all and the previous season was well above average as well. Still hoping to get back on track as well obviously though.

M15 Rochester

Drew Baird vs. Jack Mingjie Lin @3.66 22bet 4/10

Baird is solid prospect, very good junior player but he will have to gain experience on that level, this is only his fifth tournament at pro level and Lin already much more experienced (played several challenger tournaments AND is playing college tennis in the US). I think odds are too wide even if Baird is considered as the favorite it should be like 1.65.

Cori Gauff to beat Greet Minnen at 2.75 with Unibet

I get it Greet is the higher ranked player and has been playing solid tennis this season climbing over 200 spots on the ranking. But I also get it that Cori is a massive talent with big goals on her mind. When taking into account how Greet played last match dropping second set 6-2 I think Cori has a bigger chance to win this than these odds suggest.

16 minutes ago, aphro said:

Value Radar:

Troicki to beat Kecmanovic at 2.26 with Pinnacle

Appreciate any member's opinion upon this

You must have missed seeing Victors performance on his second serves yesterday and he only won because clearly it was an opponent who didn't want to be in Antalya. I've already written Miomir -1.5 sets at 3.00 with Betfair.

Eastbourne.

Cornet to bt Jabeur - 1.96 Betfair

Jabeur is very inconsistent, injured and unfit most of the time. She had a great win against Konta and hit some cracking winners but she will regress to her mean today against an inform Cornet who has won 4/5 last matches on grass including beating Svitolina. 

Halep to bt Kerber - 1.96 Betfair

Halep motivated to do well on grass. Her coach said at the start of the year that Wimbledon was a target. She will want as much grass play as possible. Kerber had the SF run in Mallorca and after two easy opponents here so far she might want to rest up before Wimbledon against a determined Halep. 

52 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

@aphro what else do you have on value radar? Is there no value in Pablo Carreno Busta?

Actually i have few more signals:

I will not bet on these (odds are too high or it's a woman tennis), but i received signal for them:

Verdasco at 2.85

Sonego at 3

Sabalenka 2.79

Other signals that i will bet on are:

Dzumhur to beat Thompson at 2.58 with Pinnacle

And yes, Carreno-Busta to beat Tomic at 2.48 with Pinnacle

What is your thoughts on Carreno-Busta?

3 hours ago, aphro said:

Actually i have few more signals:

I will not bet on these (odds are too high or it's a woman tennis), but i received signal for them:

Verdasco at 2.85

Sonego at 3

Sabalenka 2.79

Other signals that i will bet on are:

Dzumhur to beat Thompson at 2.58 with Pinnacle

And yes, Carreno-Busta to beat Tomic at 2.48 with Pinnacle

What is your thoughts on Carreno-Busta?

How can the odds be too high if you are looking for value? Surely the higher the odds the better, it's more value so more worth betting on?

3 minutes ago, Tennis Picks said:

How can the odds be too high if you are looking for value? Surely the higher the odds the better, it's more value so more worth betting on?

High odds contain value as well, but they may lead to more losses in a row and it's mentally harder :)

So i prefer not to bet on underdogs when favourite have odds lower than 1.6.

At this moment i'm preparing stats report of coincidences value radar and forum users picks, looks promising, hope to share it couple days.

34 minutes ago, aphro said:

High odds contain value as well, but they may lead to more losses in a row and it's mentally harder :)

So i prefer not to bet on underdogs when favourite have odds lower than 1.6.

At this moment i'm preparing stats report of coincidences value radar and forum users picks, looks promising, hope to share it couple days.

Fair enough, you're right about it being mentally harder. 

24 minutes ago, aphro said:

One more pick for today from value radar:

Hurkacz to beat Fritz at 2.26 with Pinnacle

Any thoughts ?

Not a bad pick. I'd take it if I didn't already wait for Cori Gauffs match to start and Hubert Hurkacz match are schedueled to start at the same time as Coris match. But I think we will see a three set match in Taylor Fritz/Hubert Hurkacz

3 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

@aphro your value radar just missed Thomas Fabbiano at around 3.90

It is very selective, it doesn't make a conclusion on each and every match but shows only selected 7-10 matches a week where underdog odds are overpriced

Just now, CzechPunter said:

Hi and welcome to the forum @mdlp! Pliskova is certainly the favorite there, I can't even trust Bertens after what she did a couple of weeks ago!

thanks! yea i think on grass pliskova will take it...

1 hour ago, mdlp said:

what do u guys think of ka pliskova beating bertens tomorrow?

I'd have a hard time backing Bertens also. She's a double fault machine just now, in contrast to Pliskova who has one of the better serves on tour. It could easily come down to who serves better - and right now that has to be Pliskova.

12 hours ago, South_African_Punter said:

Kecmanovic to beat Thompson - 2.40 with Sportingbet

I've been greatly impressed with how Kecmanovic has played in this tournament- he hasn't dropped a set yet. He also beat Thompson in 2018 (although on a hard court).

Just received my value radar signal on this, i'm on board!

Also i have a signal on Carreno-Busta again, but  i'll make a desicion a little bit closer to match to watch the odds movements.

Any thoughts on him?