** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Oct 24th

nationalleagueodds.jpg

nonleagueodds.jpg

nonleagueodds1.jpg

Here are the odds for the non-league matches coming up during the midweek schedule that are available right now. Give us your tips for what is set to be a massive week of matches.

As I predicted the weather had a big affect on games up and down the country and on reading the reports in the Non League Paper today pretty much all of them mention how the weather affected the games. I certainly feel it was right to keep too small stakes and with two winning tips it meant there was another profit. I also think to a certain extent you can ignore what happened on Saturday given how bad conditions were. Also 6 of the 11 National League games had injury time goals in them with 5 of those having an effect on where the points went. That is a staggering fact and it does seem there are more injury time goals this season. Onto Tuesday and there is a full fixture list in the National League where I have 3 bets and a full fixture list in the Evo-Stik South Premier where I have the one tip.

Chester v Barrow

Having originally thought Marcus Bignot was going to get Chester winning football matches it hasn't quite worked out like that. Indeed after winning his first game in charge they have lost 3 of their next 4. They were awful against Kidderminster in the FA Cup last week and then lost 2-1 to Boreham Wood at the weekend. Bignot mentioned he may bring in a couple of new faces prior to this game as he looks to change the squad. Now having written all that I am tipping up Chester to win this. The main reason I am backing Chester is the price. I just can't understand how Chester are the price they are for this given the state of Barrow at the moment. In their last 8 league games they have picked up just 3 draws and they were dumped out of the FA Cup by Shaw Lane. Having signed a 2 and half year deal a month ago Micky Moore was sacked prior to the game against Ebbsfleet on Saturday which they went on to lose. So how on earth can the bookies make them such strong favourites away from home. Chester should be marginal favourites so the 11/5 with Bet 365/Betfred/Betfair has to be taken.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Macclesfield

I have to back Macclesfield again after siding with them on Saturday. That is now 5 league wins on the bounce giving them a 3 point advantage at the top and yet you can still back them at 3/1 to win this match. Again how have the bookies come up with that price. Opposing Dagenham was the other winning bet from Saturday as they lost to a 93rd minute OG against Wrexham. To be fair it sounded like it was a bit harsh as Dagenham had played well after having a man sent off in the first half. It does mean that Dagenham have only won 2 of their last 8 league games though and they might be feeling a bit leggy after playing in such hard conditions with 10 men on Saturday, plus they had the FA Cup replay last week. Macclesfield have also won more games away (6) than at home (4) and thus I would make them no bigger than 7/4 to win this.

Hartlepool v Tranmere

Whilst the injury time gods gave us a winner in Wrexham they also gave us a loser with Hartlepool as Sutton got their equaliser in the 94th minute. Still it meant the home sides good run of form has kept on going and I just can't make them 9/4 (Marathon) shots to win this game. I do think Tranmere have improved of late and I still think they can mount a title challenge, but they lost again at the weekend to Aldershot and actually created very little. My guess is after going a goal up Mellon decided to try and hang on to the advantage, but it didn't work as they conceded two goals late on. Now for ante-post reasons I hope Tranmere win and if they did it certainly wouldn't surprise, but Hartlepool are in better form at the moment and I would make them slight favourites not biggish outsiders.

Tiverton v Hereford

I did wonder if Hereford might take their time to adjust to this level after easing to a 2nd promotion last season and they did make a slow start very early on. Bar a 1-0 defeat to Farnborough last week though they have been flying since that start having won 8 of their last 10 league games and they have reached the FA Cup 1st Round. Ante-post wise I am sitting pretty with Slough and Kettering, but I am very worried about Hereford pipping them and I think they can beat Tiverton on Tuesday night. Tiverton have lost 5 league games this season and 4 of those have come in their last 6 games. The other two have been wins against a poor St Ives and on Saturday against Bishops Stortford. Hereford should prove too strong for them and I would have them shorter than the 34/25 that Marathon have them.

Chester 1pt @ 11/5 with Bet365/Betfred/Betfair

Macclesfield 1pt @ 3/1 with Marathon

Hartlepool 1pt @ 9/4 with Marathon

Hereford 2pts @ 34/25 with Marathon

23rd October 2017

Hoping to continue a winning trend with the points balance standing at +2.12

Just three league games this evening in the Bostik and Evostik Division one leagues and my pick is the game at Carshalton Athletic who play Greenwich Borough - 7th playing 6th. 

Unfortunately, I believe just the one bookie is offering odds on this game - Bet365.

Carshalton are unbeaten at home thus far this term with 3 win against teams (placed 24th, 19th & 23rd) and 3 draws  against teams (placed 14th, 11th & 18th). This is their first match up against a top ten side at home.

Greenwich have won twice on the road (16th & 13th) drawn twice (22nd & 5th) and lost twice (3rd & 24th).

All of Carshalton's home games have had both teams score.The same can be said of Greenwich's away games except one.

Greenwich have only conceded in the first half once on the road but have conceded a total of 7 in the 2nd and are yet to keep a clean sheet in their away fixtures.

Although Carshalton have scored more goals on only three of their six outings I am happy to invest one point that Carshalton will score more in the 2nd half at 2.20 with Bet365.

Balance +1.12

Good luck if you decide to play

--------------------

Not to be as although Carshalton failed to score in the first half which set the bet up nicely they also failed to score in the second.

Final score Carshalton Athletic 0 Greenwich Borough 3

Balance +1.12

Edited by murther
Score update

Adding Wrexham to my ante-post bets. I nearly put them up at the start of the season, but was worried about their lack of a striker. I still am to a certain extent, but I just wonder if in this open season it will matter as much as it should. Also they are really strong at the back which helps their cause. I can't believe they are still 14/1 given where they are in the table and the form they are in and how they are doing compared to the teams in front of them in the betting.I think now is the time to back them.

Wrexham 0.75pts e/w @ 14/1 with Betway/Bet365

I´m backing today Leyton to beat Gateshead. Leyton with 0:1 Lose at Weekend against Macclesfield and nothing Special at home with his Bilance. But think today they can beat Gateshead, who are bad in away games with 0-4-4 and also they are on a Bad Run in League Games - by failed to win his last 6 Games. So i have to back Leyton.

Other i back in National League is Bromley. They are strong at Home and strong in Defensive by only 4 Goals against them in Home Games. So it will be difficult for Maidenhead here to score and also Bromley are on superb run of Results in League. Little bit worry here and i take one stake down, because Bromley have played last Week in Midweek FA Cup Replay. So only 2/10 bet here.

I´m also backing today Dulwich - who are unbeaten in last 7 Games - by draw only one of them. Unbeaten in away games also with 4-2-0 and having superb H2H agaisnt Merstham. So they can take again the Momentum i think and will win today.

Leyton @ 2.00 2/10 bet365

Bromley @ 2.45 2/10 bet365

Dulwich @ 2.20 3/10 bet365

Edited by Neubs

11 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´m backing today Leyton to beat Gateshead. Leyton with 0:1 Lose at Weekend against Macclesfield and nothing Special at home with his Bilance. But think today they can beat Gateshead, who are bad in away games with 0-4-4 and also they are on a Bad Run in League Games - by failed to win his last 6 Games. So i have to back Leyton.

Other i back in National League is Bromley. They are strong at Home and strong in Defensive by only 4 Goals against them in Home Games. So it will be difficult for Maidenhead here to score and also Bromley are on superb run of Results in League. Little bit worry here and i take one stake down, because Bromley have played last Week in Midweek FA Cup Replay. So only 2/10 bet here.

I´m also backing today Dulwich - who are unbeaten in last 7 Games - by draw only one of them. Unbeaten in away games also with 4-2-0 and having superb H2H agaisnt Merstham. So they can take again the Momentum i think and will win today.

Leyton @ 2.00 2/10 >bet365

Bromley @ 2.45 2/10 >bet365

Dulwich @ 2.20 3/10 >bet365

Leyton with 0:2

Bromley with 2:3

Dulwich win 4:0

No one would price it up as no one even offers a sack race on the National League. I don't think they will sack him anyway and will give him plenty of time as they need stability there. I suspect its going to take at least a season to right the disaster of last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Like I said before I can't believe Hill will get sacked. Given his quotes he knows his team isn't good enough, but I think the chairman will play the long game given all the upheaval of last season. He must be pretty close to the chairman as well given their history.

Orient can't defend which isn't helped when their two main defenders are both injured. I think they need stability although they are dangerously close to the relegation zone at the moment. Going forward they did pretty well today, but it is just the defence. I guess it is up to the owner to decide if they can't defend because of the manager or if they are just lacking in depth in that area. They had a very rushed preparation and although their first 11 is strong as is being shown now beyond that they have little strength in depth. I also think because they started so well that their fans expectations were suddenly raised so that hasn't helped things either. I wonder what good sacking him will do, that's not to say it won't happen now and he would be a short price fav if I was pricing up the next manager to leave market.