** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > Oct 14th

facup1.jpg

facup2confnorth.jpg

confsouth.jpg

northpremisthmian.jpg

southern1.jpg

southern2.jpg

A packed schedule across the non-league this weekend with the FA Cup qualifying, National League North and South, and the regional non-league divisions all in action. Give us your tips then guys!

Tuesday drew a disappointing blank, but Weymouth were easy winners in the end on Wednesday night so that at least covered some of the Tuesday losses. This Saturday sees the final qualifying round of the FA Cup and I have 3 bets there plus a Evo-Stik Southern Premier treble.

Nantwich v Kettering
Kettering let me down on Tuesday night especially as they missed a penalty, but maybe they had one eye on this game given it looks a great opportunity to reach the 1st Round. Nantwich have only won one of their last 9 league games and have lost their last 5. The win came against bottom side Rushall as well. They had a easy first two games in the FA Cup, but then caused a pretty big upset when beating Nuneaton 3-0 in the previous round. That might say more about Nuneaton than it does Nantwich though and Kettering have been so impressive this season. They should be odds on for me so 11/10 with Stan James makes plenty of appeal. If you can't get on with them then even money is available in plenty of places and that is still value.

Shaw Lane v Barrow
I see a possible cup upset here with Barrow really struggling to win football matches especially on their travels. To be fair to them their away fixture list has been pretty tough, but to only get 2 points from 7 games is pretty poor and they have only won one of their last 10 games. I thought Shaw Lane might need a season at Evo-Stik Northern Premier level to find their feet, but they are in with a real chance of another promotion as they sit top of the table. Saturday saw them lose just their 2nd game of the season, but they bounced back with a win on Monday night. I think they will fancy their chances of causing an upset and reaching the 1st Round for the first time. Paddy Power and BetVictor are 100/30.

St Albans v Boreham Wood
This is the game that the BBC have chosen to broadcast on their website on Saturday lunchtime and it is another game we might see an upset in. The home side are having a very good season in the National League South and are 2nd in the table on goal difference. They have lost two games all season (one of which was against Gloucester when they went down to 10 men). Boreham Wood are one of those sides I struggle to get a proper handle on as on their day I think they are capable of beating anyone in the National League, but essentially are no better than a mid table side. I also think they are better at home so the fact they have to travel, albeit a short distance, makes a difference to me. The other factor here is Ian Allinson the St Albans manager who was in charge at Boreham Wood between 2008 and 2015 and he got them promoted to the National League. This game will mean plenty to him and I am sure he will be desperate to win it. Marathon are biggest about a home win at 119/50.

Evo-Stik Southern Premier treble
I don't often put up bets like this, but I have to say that the fixture list has thrown up what look to be three home bankers this weekend and I think they are all worth sticking in a treble which pays around 11/10 with Bet365. Kings Langley have picked up just two points in their last 8 games and they came against St Ives and Gosport (more of which shortly). They go to Kings Lynn who look title contenders and should have little trouble in seeing them off. Merthyr Town have had two nightmare results in the last week. First up they lost 5-0 to Kettering and then they had a nightmare on Tuesday. At half time they were 4-0 up at home to Slough and as much as that was a shock scoreline it was pretty impossible to see Slough getting anything out of the match. Not many teams come from 4 down to win, but that is what Slough did and they won 5-4. Merthyr will be hurting after that and they have the perfect game to bounce back. They host a Gosport side whose only point was that draw against Kings Langley. They have conceded 33 goals in 12 games and scored just 9. Crucially they are under a transfer embargo and they only had 12 players at Dorchester on Monday night when they lost 7-2. Merthyr should hack up and I think it is also worth taking the 13/8 with Paddy Power on the -2. St Ives have won just once all season and have just two draws to add to that. Amazingly their last 6 defeats have been by one goal so they aren't too far away, but Redditch should have too much for them. They bounced back from two defeats by beating Kings Langley and they have been very strong at home winning all bar a defeat by Slough. 

Kettering 3pts @ 11/10 with Stan James
Shaw Lane 1pt @ 100/30 with Paddy Power/BetVictor
St Albans 1pt @ 119/50 with Marathon
Merthyr -2 1.5pts @ 13/8 with Paddy Power
Kings Lynn/Redditch/Merthyr 2pts treble @ 11/10 with Bet365

My list for this weekend:

ashton utd(actually in a good form) can overcome this opponent.

hungerford(rival not consistent,not yet a single victory for home team)

wingate(solid home record,been playing 4 consecutive matches away,time to bounce back at home)

FA cup

Hereford can spring a surprise

ossett can cause an upset

havant & waterlooville(FA cup stunner)

After Monday night's win with a double and the stats that Dorchester are thowing up I have taken an active research into their liklihood of conceding.
One goal rout of a result does not mean everything is ok and if I was Mr Thompson I would be working harder to get my squad fitter and implement better concentration.
Gosport Borough who were on the wrong end of the 7-2 drubbing only took 12 players to Dorchester and are struggling with the embargo and two significant major injuries to two of their highly regarded players. Having only scored once away from home in their previous away games so far this season they scored twice in the last quarter of the game.
The defeat was never in doubt but the fact is that Dorchester have still conceded in every home game bar one - 11 in total of which 8 are in the second period.
Dorchester's league opponents today are Chesham who currently lie 16th in the league. This will be their 7th away game and have scored 9 times on the road - 6 0f which in the second half.
Chesham have conceded 13 times so far away from home of which 8 have been in the 2nd half.
Dorchester have scored 4 times in the second period but 3 of these were last Monday but I am sure they will be buoyed by their midweek exploits.
Both teams to score is an obvious choice but at 1.60 I am looking for a little more.
There are restricted markets at this level of football for the punter to get his teeth into and unfortunately both teams to score in the 2nd half is only available at Bet Victor at 2.62 - a bookie I am gubbed at (more than once) and so cannot take advantage of their offer.
The next best thing for me therefore is a one point stake of over 1.5 goals in the second half at Marathonbet at 1.91.
Good luck if you decide to play.

----------
Final score 1-1 wth only one goal scored in the second half.
All bets are unlucky when they fail but to justify this failure is my perogative.
Dorchester had their goalkeeper sent off after 10 minutes for stopping a goal scoring opportunity and was replaced by an on loan youth keeper from AFC Bournemouth. Chesham took the lead shortly after and effectively set the game up nicely for the 2nd half. However, Chesham failed to capitilze on their man advantage and the young keeper grew in confidence as the away side could not add to their tally. A leveller in the last knockings gave us hope but not to be and the home team fail to concede for the first time in the second 45 since the season opener.

http://dorchestertownfc.co.uk/.../kyle-egan-strikes-late.../
Edited by murther
Score update

They actually aren't called Auqaforce anymore as they were forced by the FA to drop it last summer not sure why the bookies still call them it.

Also how come Foinavon hasn't been on the forum since just after he joined? Would be great to have him back as he is just the type of person who would make the threads even better.

Edited by Darran

9 hours ago, Darran said:

They actually aren't called Auqaforce anymore as they were forced by the FA to drop it last summer not sure why the bookies still call them it.

Also how come Foinavon hasn't been on the forum since just after he joined? Would be great to have him back as he is just the type of person who would make the threads even better.

LOL, the FA are a joke, they love to meddle in stuff like that.

Not sure why Foinavon hasn't been on here recently but hopefully he'll post again soon.