** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The PL's new design - Feedback/Issues here please

Paul: I'm using an Ipad air, full size. I'm on my laptop now and am reasonably happy with the left/right content balance so the issue for me is mainly with ipad, i.e. posts too squashed and would prefer approach taken for phone rather than full size laptop screen. Further observation re your use of comments within posts to respond; looks good but would be nice if we could reply quoting your comments. Would probably make your job easier too! Option's there to flag your comments, any reason why we couldn't quote them as well?

Cheers Paul, FYI just viewing the site on someone's Hudl tablet and it only shows the right hand content when the screen is held 'landscape'. In 'portrait' orientation it briefly tries to display it but then shows posts only across the whole width of the screen. For me that would be a decent option for the iPad too.

FYI just viewing the site on someone's Hudl tablet and it only shows the right hand content when the screen is held 'landscape'. In 'portrait' orientation it briefly tries to display it but then shows posts only across the whole width of the screen.
I have not checked the new layout on mobile yet, but I think right sidebar in portrait mode is shown below posts, not on the right side; so scroll down to the bottom of the posts, and check if the "sidebar' is there. That's the feature of responsive design - once the screen becomes too tight to display elements next to each other, it moves them one below the other.

My first impression is it's neater and probably easier to read for new users. Useability is my problem. There used to be a simple tab for 'New Posts' at the top of the page. I can't find that now - can anyone help? I mean 'new posts' for the whole forum. Maybe it's the 'NEW POSTS' tab here ... https://forum.punterslounge.com/ When I select that, I either get an error message, or I get a random list of posts. I'd like to see all new posts, as before ;)

I have not checked the new layout on mobile yet, but I think right sidebar in portrait mode is shown below posts, not on the right side; so scroll down to the bottom of the posts, and check if the "sidebar' is there. That's the feature of responsive design - once the screen becomes too tight to display elements next to each other, it moves them one below the other.
You're spot on, I noticed that after my post. Could do with the iPad display being as per the Hudl, i. e. Side bar content underneath when viewed in portrait orientation.

My first impression is it's neater and probably easier to read for new users. Useability is my problem. There used to be a simple tab for 'New Posts' at the top of the page. I can't find that now - can anyone help? I mean 'new posts' for the whole forum. Maybe it's the 'NEW POSTS' tab here ... https://forum.punterslounge.com/ When I select that, I either get an error message, or I get a random list of posts. I'd like to see all new posts, as before ;)
Yes, I also desperatelly miss that button, especially that it could be tweaked so to display posts from certain forums only, so it was easy to exclude horses and poker, for example. Though, the link you mention works fine for me; it is this one: https://forum.punterslounge.com/#activity-stream-tab But still, I'd prefer a button that works as the old one. In case anyone needs multiquote option, the one that enables you to quote more than one post in a single reply, I finally managed to crack it (that's why I made two consecutive posts above, I couldn't find multiquote button, phew) - there's no that button at all! You press "Quote" button once, in any post you want to quote, and that post appears quoted in reply box; then you go to another post you want to quote, and press "Quote" button again; it will turn orange, and button in the floating bar at the top left of the page will turn to "Post reply (2)", which means 2 posts have been quoted. You repeat the process if you want to include more posts, and when you've done, press that button on the top left, and all posts will be quoted within reply. I still haven't figured out, though, how does the comment option works, as seen in some posts above, where there is a comment within the post?! :unsure I'm not sure if it's useful feature, when there are only posts, you can go to the last read post; but this way you have to go from the beginning each time, to check if there are comments in the old posts. Or it I missunderstood the way it works...

I had problems logging onto the site on sunday, for some reason it wouldn't accept my password, so I missed posting my nap and wouldn't you know it; sods law it won. Whatever was causing the problem earlier appears to have been solved now as I'm now able to log in again

I had problems logging onto the site on sunday' date=' for some reason it wouldn't accept my password, so I missed posting my nap and wouldn't you know it; sods law it won. Whatever was causing the problem earlier appears to have been solved now as I'm now able to log in again[/quote'] Clearing your cache always helps, it's a common problem on big updates of any site. :ok

The number of threads displayed per page seems to be only 10 (plus stickies). In busy forums this will mean threads from today may not show on page 1 making it more likely people will miss them. Is this deliberate to fit the mobile platform? Haven't looked to see whether it's something I can change in my settings. I'm on laptop (Windows XP :lol) via Firefox.

I need some help posting the Poker Diary thread. https://forum.punterslounge.com/foru...15th-19th-june I normally just copy and paste from Excel but it's not formatted correctly now. Doesn't even fit the page for me (working on laptop, as mentioned above). What do I need to do from the Editor mode buttons? There's a Word option, but not Excel. Less important, but also an issue, couldn't see an option to stick the thread whilst posting it? Had to do it afterwards from options at top of thread. And looks like the option to automatically unstick a thread has also disappeared too (last week's thread had not unstuck) and couldn't see option to apply to new thread, nor to specify display order of sticky threads.

I'm going to look at Thanks and Like' date=' but to be honest there's no point having both. I think "Like" looks more favourite as it will eventually be hooked up to facebook too making us more socially active.[/quote'] I don't get the idea of the ''Like'' button.It shows only the number of likes you get on the particular post and not overall.I'd like to see the ''Thanks'' button working as it used to.

Hi mate, Couple of minor things for me: -in the forums, can you separate visually the stickys from standard threads? Particularly in the horse racing forum, you have to scroll down quite a bit to get beyond the stickys and it's just easier on the eye to separate them like last time. -In the individual forums, you can go to the last post of a particular thread. But you can't do that from the front forum page like you used to be able to. Not a big issue as you can just click in the forum first but would be helpful if easy to do. Looks good :ok

Yes, I also desperatelly miss that button, especially that it could be tweaked so to display posts from certain forums only, so it was easy to exclude horses and poker, for example. Though, the link you mention works fine for me; it is this one: https://forum.punterslounge.com/#activity-stream-tab But still, I'd prefer a button that works as the old one.
re. 'New Posts' ... I tried that link, which goes to the main forum page. There are two 'New Posts' buttons there now, and neither work. But I see Paul said he is working on it.