** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The PL's new design - Feedback/Issues here please

The number of threads displayed per page seems to be only 10 (plus stickies). In busy forums this will mean threads from today may not show on page 1 making it more likely people will miss them. Is this deliberate to fit the mobile platform? Haven't looked to see whether it's something I can change in my settings. I'm on laptop (Windows XP :lol) via Firefox.
Now 30. :ok

hi Paul' date=' not sure if this has already been raised but I have noticed that you can no longer see how many times people have been 'thanked' and in how many posts. Is this something that can be looked at?[/quote'] Thanks is not compatible with this version I'm afraid, but we have "Like" and soon it will be hooked up to Facebook too. :ok

re. 'New Posts' ... I tried that link, which goes to the main forum page. There are two 'New Posts' buttons there now, and neither work. But I see Paul said he is working on it.
I removed the button as it was a test. New Posts at the top does work, but bear in mind it's populating all new posts across the database, just takes a couple of seconds.

Hi mate, Couple of minor things for me: -in the forums, can you separate visually the stickys from standard threads? Particularly in the horse racing forum, you have to scroll down quite a bit to get beyond the stickys and it's just easier on the eye to separate them like last time. -In the individual forums, you can go to the last post of a particular thread. But you can't do that from the front forum page like you used to be able to. Not a big issue as you can just click in the forum first but would be helpful if easy to do. Looks good :ok
Noted mate, will look at it asap. :ok

Hi Paul' date=' the subscribe, subsciption buttons don"t seem to work... I would love a feature to get an e-mail when one or another user posts something. Is that possible?[/quote'] I'll get this looked at it, just bear with us. Not sure it can be anything other than the topic though.

Have all the 'messages' previously held now been deleted altogether?
Mine are all still there. You need to click on the Inbox (or Sent) option on the left once you get into the Message centre, (I'm accessing that via the button at the top of the forum next to where you log in.) I think it used to default to your Inbox list on the old version but seems to be a landing page first now.

I removed the button as it was a test. New Posts at the top does work, but bear in mind it's populating all new posts across the database, just takes a couple of seconds.
The list isn't appearing in chronological order for me. Can't work out how it's sorting it to be honest, seems completely random. Unchecking the 'topics' option in the filters seems to work to get it to list new posts and not just new threads, but there isn't an 'oldest/newest first' option in there (as there is in the forum settings options). (am on my laptop)

Mine are all still there. You need to click on the Inbox (or Sent) option on the left once you get into the Message centre, (I'm accessing that via the button at the top of the forum next to where you log in.) I think it used to default to your Inbox list on the old version but seems to be a landing page first now.
Go to the message centre and I get this; Message Center Notification Settings Filter You've already read all of your notifications! Try changing your "New/Dismissed" filter to "Both" or "Dismissed Only" if you want to view dismissed notifications. Requests Notifications Subscriptions Posts 1 Users Moderation =============== I've clicked on everything but to no avail. No Inbox or Sent option { anywhere ] as it used to be.

I have had an issue when using PL on the phone. I can't go to the last post of a thread and when I click in a thread it goes to the first post. Some threads are 80+ pages long. I have had to click into the page no box and put the page number in and then click the arrow to go to the page. If you put in the page no and press done (on the phone) nothing happens. When you refresh the page it takes you back to the previous page. Iphone 6 plus using safari browser. It's fine on the laptop and it's fairly quick too now.

New Posts at the top does work' date=' but bear in mind it's populating all new posts across the database, just takes a couple of seconds.[/quote'] It doesn't work for me ... I've tried the 'NEW POSTS' tab at the top left of this page ... https://forum.punterslounge.com/ And using the Filter at the top right set to: Today All New Topics "On" OR: Today All New Topics "Off" Both these show a total of 6 posts in time order The New Topics "On" list is in time order The New Topics "Off" one is not in time order I don't trust either because I'm sure there have been more than six posts today (at 18.55h) :) In the old forum, I think "New Posts" used to list new posts since your last visit - that's what I like, if possible. This used to be the way I used the forum - it would quickly show me new posts since my last visit, and I could then click on any I wanted to read or follow up. Without this, I'm not sure how to use the forum, I suppose I would have to find a new way to use it, and that would take a bit of time.

It doesn't work for me ... I've tried the 'NEW POSTS' tab at the top left of this page ... https://forum.punterslounge.com/ And using the Filter at the top right set to: Today All New Topics "On" OR: Today All New Topics "Off" Both these show a total of 6 posts in time order The New Topics "On" list is in time order The New Topics "Off" one is not in time order I don't trust either because I'm sure there have been more than six posts today (at 18.55h) :) In the old forum, I think "New Posts" used to list new posts since your last visit - that's what I like, if possible. This used to be the way I used the forum - it would quickly show me new posts since my last visit, and I could then click on any I wanted to read or follow up. Without this, I'm not sure how to use the forum, I suppose I would have to find a new way to use it, and that would take a bit of time.
I need screenshots with arrows please, too easy to not be on same page otherwise. :ok

I have had an issue when using PL on the phone. I can't go to the last post of a thread and when I click in a thread it goes to the first post. Some threads are 80+ pages long. I have had to click into the page no box and put the page number in and then click the arrow to go to the page. If you put in the page no and press done (on the phone) nothing happens. When you refresh the page it takes you back to the previous page. Iphone 6 plus using safari browser. It's fine on the laptop and it's fairly quick too now.
Need screenshots mate. :ok

Go to the message centre and I get this; Message Center Notification Settings Filter You've already read all of your notifications! Try changing your "New/Dismissed" filter to "Both" or "Dismissed Only" if you want to view dismissed notifications. Requests Notifications Subscriptions Posts 1 Users Moderation =============== I've clicked on everything but to no avail. No Inbox or Sent option { anywhere ] as it used to be.
Screenshots please. :ok

Managed to find "new posts" the way they worked before - list of threads that received new posts since last visit. Copy this link (or save it as bookmark, as I did):

https://forum.punterslounge.com/search?searchJSON={"date":"lastVisit","view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"replies":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

I can't make clickable link here within the post, so I put one on this page: www.betgps.com/links Edit - there seems to be an issue with sorting of the posts by the last posted time, no option provided in the drop-down menu seem to properly sort the posts...

I've clicked on everything but to no avail. No Inbox or Sent option { anywhere ] as it used to be.
Are you accessing from mobile or tablet? If so, "Inbox", "Sent items", etc. might be at the bottom of the page, check there. Otherwise, it works fine for me - it's on the left side of the screen, as it used to be before.

OK, a few suggestions from me, although I guess you might be working on it. 1. Enrich the top menu, as it used to be – add other categories that are missing at the moment, and add submenu when hovering main menu; e.g., when hovering “Football betting”, provide links for all football subforums, etc., something like this: PL_suggestion-1.png 2. Avatars have white border, so if dimensions of current avatar don’t fit, the grey space remains below or around avatar which doesn’t look nice. PL_suggestion-2.png 3. Indicate in which subforum a certain thread is posted, as it used to be earlier: PL_suggestion-3.png 4. Letters in user title, e.g., “Newbie punter” below the avatar and “Join date 23 Jun 2005, Posts 2563” below the name are too big for my liking, or too “ordinary” – they shouldn’t be bigger than the size of the letters in the post itself, should they? That’s quite subjective preference, but I’d prefer them smaller and in different font, while username should be bigger. PL_suggestion-4.png

All this new change is just one BIG pain in the Arse, it was said before and i will concur, ITS HARD TO READ! IE - When scrolling down trying to find the thread your looking for, Sticky Threads, Normal Threads etc etc. The old system had a NICE BIG BOLD LINE that divided the threads into SECTIONS. Im my own words its like.................The old system was an Aston Martin, but you have traded it in for a Corsa And we're being told we just need to get used to the new Corsa. The Aston Martin was smarter, faster & handled much better and had class.

I guess you're just going to have to get used to it. The project is far from finished yet, it has just started, the site is moving forwards, not backwards. It's not like you use the place for much more than a moan about something anyways Jim. ;)
Yeh True Aidy True

Im my own words its like.................The old system was an Aston Martin, but you have traded it in for a Corsa.
To be honest, I don't like the changes either - if it was for me, it would be still running vBulletin 3, the one that was actual when I joined the forum... but www constantly shifts forward, things simply have to change, support and updates for obsolete versions stops and if you don't upgrade, you become vulnerable to attacks, so it's not really a choice, but matter of survival. So I'd add another detail to your comparison: it's like you have old and worn out Aston Martin, bearing almost one milion at its odometer, and you're never sure will you reach a destination or get stuck in the midst of the trip looking for an expensive repair. Instead, you're given a brand new, reliable car of the same make, not Corsa, and all you beed is time to get used to a new dashboard. ;) I think Paul was right not to upgrade to vBulletin 5 immediatelly; it's now 5.1.7, I think, so probably a majority of bugs have been fixed, so I believe we will be all fine soon! :ok