** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The PL's new design - Feedback/Issues here please

Hi Helen, Yeah i'm just copying from excel or as in the example below i'm just copying from the web and it brings the hyperlinks with it. You can play about with the table and make things bold, fonts bigger or smaller by just selecting the text as per normal, and put in grid lines by ; selecting somewhere in the table, any cell will do. (must be inside the table) Clicking the table button drop down menu Go to Table properties Select width of table, trial and error but try 500 to start with. Leave hight blank To get the grid lines, type 1 for cell padding type 1 for border. Any probs just shout up.:ok [TABLE=class: sortable jquery-tablesorter, border: 1, cellpadding: 1, width: 400] [TR] [TD]2010[/TD] [TD]Soldatino[/TD] [TD]Barry Geraghty[/TD] [TD]Nicky Henderson[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2011[/TD] [TD]Zarkandar[/TD] [TD]Daryl Jacob[/TD] [TD]Paul Nicholls[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2012[/TD] [TD]Countrywide Flame[/TD] [TD]Dougie Costello[/TD] [TD]John Quinn[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2013[/TD] [TD]Our Conor[/TD] [TD]Bryan Cooper[/TD] [TD]Dessie Hughes[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2014[/TD] [TD]Tiger Roll[/TD] [TD]Davy Russell[/TD] [TD]Gordon Elliott[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2015[/TD] [TD]Peace And Co[/TD] [TD]Barry Geraghty[/TD] [TD]Nicky Henderson[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] **Helen, just had a look at one of your diary sheets via dropbox link, may be the sheet thats the problem and not the way you are trying to copy it. Where do you get the info for the diary? Cant you just copy the diary from a website. Maybe Froment can help with the excel sheet?

Thanks Graham. I compile the diary myself, it's one of GaF's original templates. I think the problem may actually be the way the Poker forum is set up, as I've now been able to post the table in a different area of the forum, so if I can get that corrected hopefully it will then work. Thanks for the instructions, going to go have a play around with that now. :ok

Still coming up with 'error loading post' whenever I post something. I refresh and I can see the post.
This is being looked into. :ok
Any reason we can't do 'liked x times in x posts' like we had previously with 'thanks' somewhere in the left hand side panel?
The new version of VBulletin doesn't have this as an add on. :ok

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been biting my tongue the past few months, but all in all, I'd have to say I'm quite disappointed in the changes that have been made to the forum overall. Mods, feel free to delete this post, but here is my point of view. It seems a decision has been made to make this forum more article oriented rather than a discussion board. Now, I get the reasons are more than likely economic/click oriented and I totally understand. However, this is a forum, a discussion board, and while I certainly enjoy reading a well written article, it has just about killed any discussion on any given match. This board used to be a fantastic resource for someone looking to discuss a particular match or to post some vital information that may have otherwise been overlooked. But now when I go into a game thread, I see links to articles, written by one person, with just one person's opinion, and very little has been offered outside of that. It seems to me that all discussion has been muted, which is a shame, because there are quite a few posters on here with very well thought out opinions - and even more posters with curious knowledge of some other teams that most of us are not quite familiar with. (apologies for the poor grammar, I am American) I have had quite a few issues with the forum itself (slow loads, passwords not being stored correctly between devices, and so on) that I could have probably overcome with a bit of effort on my end. However, the long and the short of it is, if I'm looking for a good thread about a particular game, a conversation, a discourse oftentimes between supporters (or punters) of either side, I used to come to this forum on a regular basis. Nowadays, I have sort different avenues. I receive 20-30+ tweets on a daily basis for punting articles. I don't mind reading articles, but I find it does not lead to a collaborative effort. These are just notes from the peanut gallery, as I did enjoy to make the occasional post here, but I was a very avid reader of the forum. Good luck to all going forward. Your efforts have been appreciated. :cheers:

The move to VB5 had to be done, whether we liked it or not. Security reasons always mean you have to upgrade. We've tried really hard to make this version work, but sadly it's not up to scratch. We'll be moving to a completely new software very soon. As for muted discussions. Nobody has been silenced, but also times move on and it's not all about the forum anymore. We have to move with the times or we get left behind. Changes are coming and we're as frustrated, if not more so, I assure you.

Hi, Just a few of points/queries:

1. Is the app no longer working? I've tried downloading it a couple of times and each time it installs and I click to use it I get a white screen and it closes automatically.
  2. Is there no way to paste using the mobile website? Whenever I try to the text doesn't appear in the box.
  3. When I hit return during a post on the desktop site my cursor sometimes jumps elsewhere, is this a problem others have had?
  4. My webpage sometimes crashes and reloads when typing posts. I can restore what I've typed but it is annoying when it happens.
  5. EDIT: When posting I sometimes receive an error message telling me it has failed although when I refresh my page the post has uploaded
  6. EDIT: I regularly see a warning message at the top of the screen. I would paste it but I'm unable to for some reason. I've tried both 'Paste as Plain text' and 'Paste from Word'.