** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The PL's new design - Feedback/Issues here please

Relax guys, it's a necessary upgrade and only been live a few hours. The forum wasn't viewable on mobile really, it's now mobile friendly so I'm not sure what you mean. There's always teething problems, but we'll get through them as always. If you have feedback, then please be specific with screenshots if necessary.

I'm viewing it for the first time on a tablet and, whilst I don't particularly mind the general design, I'd agree it's currently slow to load. I recognise that could be an early "bedding in" issue. My main gripe is the need for excessive scrolling because the posts don't read all the way across the screen. The right hand half of the screen is occupied by loads of stuff that is of no interest to me when I'm browsing the forum. It would be a lot better if you could get rid of that so that posts can go all the way across the screen.

Ok if you have specific feedback, like Harry above - we need to know what the url ie (www.) is that you're looking at, the device you're using and if it's desktop, the browser and resolution. Example: URL: https://forum.punterslounge.com/forum/punters-lounge-community/forum-feedback-problems/3733510-the-pl-s-new-design Device: iPhone Browser: Safari Resolution: iPhone so not needed

If needed, I'm talking this page and other threads I've looked at and I'm on an iPad using Safari. The issue is with the screen being split into columns with posts on the left and bookie offers and betting news etc on the right. I'd rather not see the latter at all when reading posts, so the whole screen width can be devoted to the post content. The situation can be mitigated to an extent by "going portrait" but I'd rather not have to do that. Will see what it looks like on phone and laptop and feed back any comments if relevant.

I'm viewing it for the first time on a tablet and, whilst I don't particularly mind the general design, I'd agree it's currently slow to load. I recognise that could be an early "bedding in" issue. My main gripe is the need for excessive scrolling because the posts don't read all the way across the screen. The right hand half of the screen is occupied by loads of stuff that is of no interest to me when I'm browsing the forum. It would be a lot better if you could get rid of that so that posts can go all the way across the screen.
Which tablet are you using Harry and what's the url?

I agree with some of the previous posts that the amount of 'screen space' allocated for forum posts is not great. Would it be possible to have the grey bar with poster name and details at the top of posts (like it was before) rather than to the left? This would create a larger screen allocation for the actual posts, while the grey profile bar would act as a seperator between posts. In my view, these two adjustments would make things more user friendly in terms of legibility and scanning. Also default font size is probably a bit too small along with the individual profile pictures.

As I said, iPad (Air, not latest version) and this page, ie https://forum.punterslounge.com/forum/punters-lounge-community/forum-feedback-problems/3733510-the-pl-s-new-design Having viewed this on my venerable iPhone 4 via Safari, it's actually better at 1st glance because the right hand column stuff isn't displayed and the posts utilise the whole screen width, which is what I'd rather see on the iPad as well. Which tablet are you using Harry and what's the url?
Having previewed this post, I'm thinking the "quote" option may work a little differently as well, but I'm sure that can be adapted to!

Everyone was up in arms the last time the redesign was done too, and it was perfect for everyone after a few days. Give it a few days, it will be a fine job when it's done.
That's better! Not sure how I managed to confuse who said what in that last post but assume it will still make sense.

If needed, I'm talking this page and other threads I've looked at and I'm on an iPad using Safari. The issue is with the screen being split into columns with posts on the left and bookie offers and betting news etc on the right. I'd rather not see the latter at all when reading posts, so the whole screen width can be devoted to the post content. The situation can be mitigated to an extent by "going portrait" but I'd rather not have to do that. Will see what it looks like on phone and laptop and feed back any comments if relevant.
Noted, I'll look into that. :ok

Having previewed this post, I'm thinking the "quote" option may work a little differently as well, but I'm sure that can be adapted to!
How is different? We really need specifics guys and girls, or it's very hard to understand what you're meaning - be as detailed as possible please. ;)

I agree with some of the previous posts that the amount of 'screen space' allocated for forum posts is not great. Would it be possible to have the grey bar with poster name and details at the top of posts (like it was before) rather than to the left? This would create a larger screen allocation for the actual posts, while the grey profile bar would act as a seperator between posts. In my view, these two adjustments would make things more user friendly in terms of legibility and scanning. Also default font size is probably a bit too small along with the individual profile pictures.
Good spot DP! I totally missed that and yes, I remember we switched that on the last upgrade too, so yes is the answer, we'll do that.

Paul: I managed to cock up my first attempt at using the quote option by making my comments look like they were a quote from you! I think I've got that sussed now, I probably began typing in the middle of the quote from you. As a result of my error, you may have missed these comments: Having viewed this on my venerable iPhone 4 via Safari, it's actually better at 1st glance because the right hand column stuff isn't displayed and the posts utilise the whole screen width, which is what I'd rather see on the iPad as well.

Paul: I managed to cock up my first attempt at using the quote option by making my comments look like they were a quote from you! I think I've got that sussed now, I probably began typing in the middle of the quote from you. As a result of my error, you may have missed these comments: Having viewed this on my venerable iPhone 4 via Safari, it's actually better at 1st glance because the right hand column stuff isn't displayed and the posts utilise the whole screen width, which is what I'd rather see on the iPad as well.
Is that a full size or mini ipad? We took out the banners and other bits on mobile as it looked crap, but kept it on the forum.

Being a 'Dinosaur' I don't like changes in general anyway. It's like I've moved house overnight and no one told me when I woke up. First impressions aren't great and loading does seem to be on the slow side. I'm on a Laptop and using Mozilla Firefox. Give it a few days and we'll see how it goes from there.

I used to use the PL forum apps but suddenly for over a month, it doesn't work anymore. It say Scheme https not registered. The new design of the webpage doesn't have when the topic was last updated anymore. There is also no option when I click on the topic to get to the last post straight away like before. Sometimes, I can't even load the page. Thank you.

I used to use the PL forum apps but suddenly for over a month, it doesn't work anymore. It say Scheme https not registered. The new design of the webpage doesn't have when the topic was last updated anymore. There is also no option when I click on the topic to get to the last post straight away like before. Sometimes, I can't even load the page. Thank you.
The PL App is dead, so uninstall it. I need a screenshot and explanation of what you mean, because last topic does show updates here. Last post option is there, just like before. Everyone also needs to explain if they are on mobile, tablet or desktop or I'm just pissing in the wind guessing. ;)

paul ....my phone is galaxy s3 ....internet explorer ....cant access on browser but can access on ucexplorer app I just downloaded
Internet Explorer is horrific for everything mate, it's not even a compliant browser, hence they're about to nuke it. Use Safari, works fine. It's slow at the moment, but we'll get there.