** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The PL's new design - Feedback/Issues here please

Are you accessing from mobile or tablet? If so, "Inbox", "Sent items", etc. might be at the bottom of the page, check there. Otherwise, it works fine for me - it's on the left side of the screen, as it used to be before.
I'll get my lad to do the screenshot later as I'm a qualified technophobe. I'm using my laptop...Mozilla/Firefox.

I need screenshots with arrows please, too easy to not be on same page otherwise. :ok
I don't have the time or resources to do this atm, but I assure you it doesn't work Paul :) I did go into some detail to explain in my post above. (I see froment has provided a possible work-around which I will try)

Managed to find "new posts" the way they worked before - list of threads that received new posts since last visit. Copy this link (or save it as bookmark, as I did):
https://forum.punterslounge.com/search?searchJSON={"date":"lastVisit","view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"replies":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

I can't make clickable link here within the post, so I put one on this page: www.betgps.com/links Edit - there seems to be an issue with sorting of the posts by the last posted time, no option provided in the drop-down menu seem to properly sort the posts...

Thanks froment - that's almost as it was before, apart from not in date order. Paul - check it out please - that's what I'd like, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

To be honest, I don't like the changes either - if it was for me, it would be still running vBulletin 3, the one that was actual when I joined the forum... but www constantly shifts forward, things simply have to change, support and updates for obsolete versions stops and if you don't upgrade, you become vulnerable to attacks, so it's not really a choice, but matter of survival. So I'd add another detail to your comparison: it's like you have old and worn out Aston Martin, bearing almost one milion at its odometer, and you're never sure will you reach a destination or get stuck in the midst of the trip looking for an expensive repair. Instead, you're given a brand new, reliable car of the same make, not Corsa, and all you beed is time to get used to a new dashboard. ;) I think Paul was right not to upgrade to vBulletin 5 immediatelly; it's now 5.1.7, I think, so probably a majority of bugs have been fixed, so I believe we will be all fine soon! :ok
Ok no problem, i will hold up my hands and admit I'm not very computer literate and certain things mean nothing to me, but you have explained to me in a way i understand. Thanks.

I don't have the time or resources to do this atm, but I assure you it doesn't work Paul :) I did go into some detail to explain in my post above. (I see froment has provided a possible work-around which I will try)
Takes seconds to do a screenshot, and explains way easier than trying to detail in a post, where some people may think they know or believe to know what they're talking about, but confusion easily reigns. A screenshot solves all.

OK, a few suggestions from me, although I guess you might be working on it. 1. Enrich the top menu, as it used to be – add other categories that are missing at the moment, and add submenu when hovering main menu; e.g., when hovering “Football betting”, provide links for all football subforums, etc., something like this: PL_suggestion-1.png 2. Avatars have white border, so if dimensions of current avatar don’t fit, the grey space remains below or around avatar which doesn’t look nice. PL_suggestion-2.png 3. Indicate in which subforum a certain thread is posted, as it used to be earlier: PL_suggestion-3.png 4. Letters in user title, e.g., “Newbie punter” below the avatar and “Join date 23 Jun 2005, Posts 2563” below the name are too big for my liking, or too “ordinary” – they shouldn’t be bigger than the size of the letters in the post itself, should they? That’s quite subjective preference, but I’d prefer them smaller and in different font, while username should be bigger. PL_suggestion-4.png
Really appreciate the effort here Froment. :ok 2 and 4 will be fixed soon. 1 is a possible issue, and on the agenda. I just wanted to give some kind of shortcut for now. 3 could be an issue dependant on internal coding.

Well, that's the same issue as reported by Skittle, but unfortunatelly, Skittle was not able to post screenshot, and your screenshots appear to be broken - I get 404 error when clicking the links you provided... :unsure That inbox stuff wroks fine for me; here is how it looks like in my account, link is https://forum.punterslounge.com/privatemessage/index PL-message-center.png

Well, that's the same issue as reported by Skittle, but unfortunatelly, Skittle was not able to post screenshot, and your screenshots appear to be broken - I get 404 error when clicking the links you provided... :unsure:
I edited post above.

I need some help posting the Poker Diary thread. https://forum.punterslounge.com/foru...15th-19th-june I normally just copy and paste from Excel but it's not formatted correctly now. Doesn't even fit the page for me (working on laptop, as mentioned above). What do I need to do from the Editor mode buttons? There's a Word option, but not Excel. Less important, but also an issue, couldn't see an option to stick the thread whilst posting it? Had to do it afterwards from options at top of thread. And looks like the option to automatically unstick a thread has also disappeared too (last week's thread had not unstuck) and couldn't see option to apply to new thread, nor to specify display order of sticky threads.
Any chance of sorting this out please? Still not working for me although not sure if I'm just not finding the right way to do it. New thread I've just put up for this week is https://forum.punterslounge.com/forum/poker-pl/poker-tourneys/3734764-poker-diary-week-20th-26th-june I've posted diary as a screen print in first post so it's readable but this means there are no clickable links to follow for downloading the sites or finding the relevant thread. Posted the copy/paste from Excel in the second post so the links are at least there if you can find them. Personally find it very much more time consuming to post a screenshot (open paint, save pic, open hosting site, find file, type in bot catcher, copy link, post link on PL) rather than a 2 second copy/paste.

I am finding the site desperately slow. Takes an age to move from page to page, and it lags for me when typing. It's using tons of memory and CPU over 50% (OK, it's an old XP laptop, but it's what I have!) and continues to make Firefox run slow after I've logged out of PL. Virtually unusable for me sadly at the moment, am unable to browse the site so just doing what I need to in Poker and logging out. I guess if I'm the only one having speed issues, it's a hardware problem at my end.

I would just like to second point 1 from Froment, expand the top menu with shortcut links. I really miss being able to click Other and then S&S so i can get to the forum i want without scrolling and looking down the list. ( and yes i know i can create a shortcut directly to the forum URL but that's not the point )

20-06-2015, 13:35 Originally posted by Skittle View Post I've sent my screenshot via......[email protected].. Hopefully this is still in use and it got through. Any news? =============================================== I assume the e mail address is still working as I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, and I know the e mail goes through with the screenshot alright as I've sent a copy to my son and it came through ok. Any news about the original 'Messages' problem/post?