** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

US Open 2021

Hello again tennis folks! How are you?

Tonight we have another very interesting battle on WTA tour between Pliskova and Sakkari.

Here is my estimation; There isn't any clear favorite, Both players can win but only according to the bookies.

For me however, Sakkari will win this match. 

I know very well the Greek female Lion- Do you remember me during French Open- I wish you do remember! 

The Greek female lion is once again in great form, and in great momentum, also in great attitude as i can confirm from her super shots both forehands and backhands.

Pliskova is enough. No more chance to do something big, because she is just enough.

Sakkari 10/10 @ 2 on bet365

Good luck folks! 

Sakkari to lift the trophy @3.60 bet365

The Greek  lioness looks in her life form. She is now a really big server, and she is more consistent than ever before. Mature lioness against baby lioness Raducanou in the semi final,  which Sakkari will win 100% according to my criteria, and then is the final with Sabalenka, and this is the reason price is so generous at the moment. But can you imagine to have a Sakkari/Fernandez final? So, a wise punter jumps at the price now, and then waits...For the semi final against Raducanu, and because i watched very carefully both players, i estimate that the baby lioness  Raducanu can not afford the pressure from the mama lioness Sakkari, who is ripping shots with tremendous power and confidence, and of course from the first serve which is almost equal in effectiveness to an ATP star. 

For the other semi, my prayers are on Fernandez of course without any money! The bet is one only, and is Sakkari to lift the trophy.

I inform the punters that from this weekend i will start again to post my precious tips for the Cyprus league 1, or super league, they changed the name of the league, i will let you know, but i mean the top league anyway.

I will use the forum for the European leagues soccer, and every week i will post my top selections for easy money earnings!

Good luck punters/folks! 

Raducanu has a shot I reckon, but it should be the end of the line for Fernandez. She's got this far through a combination of fearless hitting, good luck and passive opponents. She might be able to continue with the fearless hitting, but her good luck in terms of winning tie-breaks can't continue forever and in Sabalenka she'll be facing the mirror opposite of the passivity she was able to take advantage of against both Kerber and Svitolina. That said, if Sabalenka continues to hit a high number of double-faults and if she's unable to keep the unforced error count down, that will be a big leveller.

1 hour ago, jby said:

Is this the end of the road for BOTH juniors in the WTA today?

I think it should be for Leylah, but not sure if it will be for Raducanu. Sabalenka has been doing a lot of DFs. I have seen her doing even 3 double faults in only 1 game... Despite that, she has won easily all her matches. In theory, Mertens and Krejcikova should have been tough opponents, but they did not play good at all (I saw both matches and I was quite disappointed with how both Mertens and Krejcikova played). We can say that nobody has really tested her, yet. I saw Leylah against Osaka, Kerber (a few parts) and Svitolina. I wasn't expecting her to play that good. I knew she can be really consistent from the baseline. Her forehand is really good and her angles are just impressive. But what has shocked me the most, is how she has improved her serve stats. She's not the tallest player on tour so she has struggled with that in the past..., it seems she has been working on that! The crowd will be with her. And forget about all the time she has spent on court in her last matches, she will fight every single point till the end. That being said, if Sabalenka can control her nerves (she never has reached a GS final...) and stop gifting 2/3 points per game in double faults, she should beat Leylah. In relation to the Sakkari-Raducanu match, I think that the options for an "upset" are higher than in the other match (as the odds reflects...). I have seen the last 3 matches from Sakkari. She had no problems with Kvitova and Pliskova but I have something to say. Both Kvitova and Pliskova played incredibly bad. In relation to the other match, Andreescu was very close to win that one in 2 sets. The match actually finished when Sakkari won that 2nd set TB, cause Andreescu was not physically ready for playing a 3rd set. Anyways, I saw Sakkari really nervous on that match. She has a good serve but she did a lot of DFs. Raducanu has beat all her opponents in straight sets. I guess we can try to find "excuses" for every single one of those beatings, but it is what it is. She has destroyed every single opponent she has faced. Who will be the most nervous player? I guess it will be Sakkari cause she is the favorite player, so the pressure will be on her. This match is hard to predict. No bets for me, but I wouldn't bet on Sakkari at 1.60. I think it not worth it.

3 hours ago, Torque said:

That said, if Sabalenka continues to hit a high number of double-faults and if she's unable to keep the unforced error count down, that will be a big leveller.

8 double-faults - 2 when broken to lose the match - and 52 unforced errors. And even then Fernandez only just gets over the line. Absolute donation from Sabalenka and a bit of an indictment of WTA tennis for me. Number 2 ranked player in the world dishes up a performance like that. All credit to Fernandez for the win, but she really didn't win that. Sabalenka won it for her.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Raducanu has a shot I reckon, but it should be the end of the line for Fernandez. She's got this far through a combination of fearless hitting, good luck and passive opponents. She might be able to continue with the fearless hitting, but her good luck in terms of winning tie-breaks can't continue forever and in Sabalenka she'll be facing the mirror opposite of the passivity she was able to take advantage of against both Kerber and Svitolina. That said, if Sabalenka continues to hit a high number of double-faults and if she's unable to keep the unforced error count down, that will be a big leveller.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

8 double-faults - 2 when broken to lose the match - and 52 unforced errors. And even then Fernandez only just gets over the line. Absolute donation from Sabalenka and a bit of an indictment of WTA tennis for me. Number 2 ranked player in the world dishes up a performance like that. All credit to Fernandez for the win, but she really didn't win that. Sabalenka won it for her.

Leylah has been playing really well. Osaka, Kerber, Svitolina and now  Sabalenka, and you're still talking about "good luck" and "players who did not play well"... It seems you just don't want to see the good things Leylah does. Leylah has played an incredible match, how can you say that Sabalenka "has won it for her"? We all know how Sabalenka plays and Leylah has done a great job on redirecting all that power, moving and frustrating her. She has played really well on serve (as I said, she has improved a lot on that) and her forehand has worked really well, again (all those forehands DTL!). The only thing I am agree with is that Sabalenka has gifted the last game with those 2 DFs. 

Raducanu beating Sakkari 5-0 in the 1st set! It would be really nice to see a Leylah-Raducanu Final!

Edited by darko08

Raducanu super woman at the age of 18. I don't know Fernandez to compare. I haven't seen anything from Fernandez. 

Sakkari built the whole of her game around her first serve. So far nothing works. Sakkari missed 0/7 break points in the first two serve games of Raducanu.

I am shocked of the young  briton's attitude. She is iron nerve at so young age. Prepare your self for the next number one om WTA tour for the coming 15 years.

I will return to the soccer from tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Torque said:

I dont know what sabalenka has done so far in her life rather than winning the shanghai open to be honest. she only uses her musle power and has no skills whatsover. these girls are new generation girls and both have impressive fitness. leylah in particular. all of her games which you call luck and i call talent and fitness have been 3 setter and she has won all.  Just like forum here calls off novak when he loses the first set and thats where is a notch off above all the other guys. same goes for leylah.

1 hour ago, delfino said:

Raducanu super woman at the age of 18. I don't know Fernandez to compare. I haven't seen anything from Fernandez. 

Sakkari built the whole of her game around her first serve. So far nothing works. Sakkari missed 0/7 break points in the first two serve games of Raducanu.

I am shocked of the young  briton's attitude. She is iron nerve at so young age. Prepare your self for the next number one om WTA tour for the coming 15 years.

I will return to the soccer from tomorrow. 

Have to see what cristiano does tomorrow. after this tournament I will also bet in indianapolis. I am not interested in the usual noise tournaments

My betting scenario, was that the Sakkari was going to continue to serve as monster. He failure absolutely. Her first serve was very weak today. Hey we talk about tennis, and we talk about WTA tour! One day they show us something interesting, and the next day they are lost in space! Sakkari choked as amateur! She chocked big time as amateur and first timer at the semi final of a grand slam! 

Raducanu, is another level. Huge talented player with plethora of reactions, with SUPER first serve, and with SUPER attitude in all areas of the court, and in all areas of the court's perception. She is getting adjusted to any opponents selection of game, she has extremely advanced iron nerve system, and she is simply amazing, sophisticated, and elegant tennis player. For me, Raducanu is the Pride of all people in UK. 

That's was the case. I watched full match of Sakksari/Raducanu from Eurosport, but as i posted here very early in the match, and after i noticed that Sakkari missed 0/7 break points on Raducanu's two first service game, i came here and i posted that everything is OVER for Sakkari, and i am going to the soccer. 

I am very happy! 

19 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Great to see those results! Let's just stick to bets and opinions, guys, don't attack players' fitness, heritage, nationality, etc.!

@bet4fun Consider yourself warned.

czech why no warning for members attacking me. some of them dont know my background and attacking me. is it because they are europeans that you are sparing them. similar warning should be given to them.

As far as I'm concerned, you're the one who started to call players with inappropriate and overly aggressive names. I appreciate everyone posting here, but it'd be great to keep the discussion civil. That said, @darko08 should let the admins solve things and report posts instead. Thanks to everyone participating again and I hope we can get along!

1 hour ago, delfino said:

My betting scenario, was that the Sakkari was going to continue to serve as monster. He failure absolutely. Her first serve was very weak today. Hey we talk about tennis, and we talk about WTA tour! One day they show us something interesting, and the next day they are lost in space!

Yep. Nothing has worked today for her. The pressure was on Sakkari and she has not been able to handle it. As Raducanu has said, "I'm just a qualifier, technically there is no pressure on me..."

E.Raducanu/A.Fernandez - Under 21.5 games at 2.00 with Pinnacle

We're all expecting a fun classic, but I think there's value on this being a short match. It's the first huge match for both and, despite Raducanu swinging freely, we all know what happened to her back in Wimbledon. That can happen again and Fernandez can have a bad pressure day, too. This has Stephens/Keys or Pennetta/Vinci written all over imo.

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

E.Raducanu/A.Fernandez - Under 21.5 games at 2.00 with Pinnacle

We're all expecting a fun classic, but I think there's value on this being a short match. It's the first huge match for both and, despite Raducanu swinging freely, we all know what happened to her back in Wimbledon. That can happen again and Fernandez can have a bad pressure day, too. This has Stephens/Keys or Pennetta/Vinci written all over imo.

I am following this as my free £5 bet.  

I also put some money on Emma to win, and an EW bet, when she was 67/1.  I knew she was special when I saw her play.  What a talent!  

12 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Great to see those results! Let's just stick to bets and opinions, guys, don't attack players' fitness, heritage, nationality, etc.!

@bet4fun Consider yourself warned.

Agree with this except the fitness part. Fitness is obviously a big part of the game and so mentioning it when discussing players seems reasonable enough to me.

Hello folks. I can't go against my principles. My number one principle is to support players that i rate as exceptional.

So i HAVE to support Raducanu since i rate her as the next number 1 on WTA tour for the next 15 years .

For me, Raducanu, the super girl-lioness is the new Federer. Stop looking to find the new Federer on the ATP tour. Here is the new genius tennis players, and she is female. The female Federer has just arise. I explained in the morning my estimations as tennis player about her. No need to repeat them.

My female Federer plays against Fernandez. Do i know anything about Fernandez? The answer is simple, and is NO. 

However the Federer is one. It is impossible to have two new Federers ok? 

And me as a legendary punter, i don't  need to know so many details to make my decision, which is 

Raducanu-Federer to lift the trophy at 1.61 bet365

10/10

1 hour ago, Bus _ankers said:

Hi everyone.

I’m a long-time lurker, first-time poster.

What an incredible fortnight of tennis, and we’ve still got two absolutely captivating finals to come, in terms of the storylines involved.

The media are lumping Leylah Fernandez and Emma Raducanu in together, solely based on the fact that they were both 18 at the start of the tournament, and both come from way down the ranking list. In reality though, their tournaments have been completely different.

Both have followed a consistent pattern through all their recent matches, but an almost opposite pattern to one another.

Fernandez has beaten four of the very best players in the sport - Osaka, Kerber, Svitolina and Sabalenka - in succession. However, every one of those matches has been in three sets, and she has required a 5-0 record in tiebreakers to get her this far as well. So she’s been beating good players, but she’s been scraping through, and carrying a bit of luck as well, in terms of her tiebreak record, and also a couple of other bits of luck going her way as well. However, she has shown great serving, great tenacity and defence, and great mental strength to stick in and often come from behind, to beat such top players.

Raducanu, on the other hand, has faced a much easier path overall, but has simply blown everyone away. Including her three qualifying matches, she is now on a 18-set winning run in this tournament, for the loss of only 43 games. So, an average of under 2.5 games lost per set, and in only one of those sets has the opponent reached 5 games, and no opponent has reached 6 games in a set against her.

This feels like a match where there is big money to be made on the betting, if we can problem solve which of the two contrasting solutions is going to play out. Will we get a close match, which sees Fernandez come out victorious in three sets, or will Raducanu blitz her opponent in two comfortable sets? The bookies have gone surprisingly strongly for the latter. I thought they would have this as 50/50, or slightly in favour of Fernandez, but no, they’ve gone quite definitely for Raducanu.

I have to say, I agree them, which is unfortunate, as it means slightly less potential winnings. However, I’m going to back Raducanu to continue her pattern of dominant victories, and Fernandez’s fortune that she has carried, to finally run out.

I’m going to take Raducanu to win, and under 21.5 games in the match, which seems to be widely available at 2/1 or better.

(As I was typing this, I saw a clip on the BBC Sport website, of Fernandez and Raducanu meeting in the second round of the Girls’ Singles at Wimbledon, in 2018. Raducanu won 6-2 6-4, which is similar to what I’d expect tonight, and that certainly cements my decision and gives me more confidence in it.)

This match could go either way, as they are both in such unknown territory, and while I wouldn’t take the odds on Raducanu to win, at 4/7, I think the odds on her winning comfortably are tasty enough to get involved with.

I should add that I am absolutely buzzing for this match. As a Brit myself, this feels like my World Cup final.

I’m Scottish, so realistically, I will never get to see my football team anywhere near the final of a major tournament. I am a big fan of Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, so as much as I admire Andy Murray, I wasn’t really supporting him in winning most of his major titles - although the Davis Cup win was something amazing to witness, for a country that had been as bad at tennis as Great Britain had, for so many decades.

I’ve spent years screaming and throwing things at the telly, watching Jo Konta choke, lose to lower-ranked players, fail to have a plan B and squander opportunities to reach and potentially win Grand Slam finals. So, this week has been a very pleasant surprise.

In fact, Raducanu has put Heather Watson to shame, in terms of the fact that after about 3 months on tour, she will now be ranked higher than Watson ever was. Also, Raducanu has put Konta to shame, in terms of how to hold yourself together in big moments, and how to construct points, and not just try to bash the ball as hard as you can.

I don’t necessarily believe all of the hype around Raducanu, as there are so many evenly-matched players in the women’s game, and the hard work will start now, in terms of following these performances up, and establishing herself as a player at the top of the game. It’s very easy to say at this moment that she looks like a future top  10 player, future number 1, or multiple Grand Slam winner. However, once the dust settles, there are all kinds of things that can happen along the way to prevent that.

This may just be a moment in time, one-off, three weeks of brilliance for her, never to be matched by her again. But, even if that’s the case - what a three weeks it has been!

Welcome @Bus _ankers Nice preview :ok

5 hours ago, Bus _ankers said:

I don’t necessarily believe all of the hype around Raducanu, as there are so many evenly-matched players in the women’s game, and the hard work will start now, in terms of following these performances up, and establishing herself as a player at the top of the game. It’s very easy to say at this moment that she looks like a future top  10 player, future number 1, or multiple Grand Slam winner. However, once the dust settles, there are all kinds of things that can happen along the way to prevent that.

This may just be a moment in time, one-off, three weeks of brilliance for her, never to be matched by her again. But, even if that’s the case - what a three weeks it has been!

I think they've both been overhyped, but that's the way it seems to go no matter who the player is. Must be an extreme version of recency bias. Looking at the prices the way they are now, Fernandez looks like the play to me although I'd like to see Raducanu win. As I've mentioned previously, for as well as Fernandez has played, she's been the beneficiary of plenty of luck whereas Raducanu's wins have been much more comprehensive even though she's played inferior players. None of the previous rounds count for anything when it comes to assessing this match though in my opinion. This will be all about who can hold their nerve, and from that perspective trying to pick a winner is almost impossible. Fernandez has looked mentally strong so far, but this is the final of a Slam. Let's see if she can stay strong in this situation, and the same goes for Raducanu.

The other thing is, both players should believe they have a real chance to win this. I'm not sure that would have been their thinking in any of the previous rounds so this match will be a totally different experience for both of them. My hope is that they both play well but one player plays better and wins, rather than one player underperforming so that the other player almost wins by default.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:55 AM, bet4fun said:

czech why no warning for members attacking me. some of them dont know my background and attacking me. is it because they are europeans that you are sparing them. similar warning should be given to them.

oh look, it’s the same abusive, ignorant, small minded nonsense, different tournament.

I stopped posting my thoughts on here because of the attacks at Sabalenka for being “fat”, the non-stop “Barty is overrated”, “Barty can’t serve” bs, and the abuse hurled at players because they lost a match YOU lost money betting on.

grow up, grow a brain. sick of seeing this crap.

(GL to Czech and the intelligent people that post regularly on here x)

Edited by AgaRadwanska