** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Dec 27th - 29th

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

Check out the odds and ratings for this weekend's matches in this section. The action is relentless at this time of year so there is plenty to consider with the Boxing Day games having just been played and the New Year's Day matches also scheduled for the middle of next week. :ok

Accrington Stanley vs Burton

The League One preview for this weekend might not be the most glamorous tie to cover but there's value to be had if we follow the ELO ratings. Accrington Stanley play Burton in a 3pm kick-off this Sunday afternoon from the Crown Ground. There's not a lot separating these two mid-table teams in the league so the bookies are keeping their cards close to their chests. That's good news for us!

Accrington Stanley are in 16th place on 26 points in the league table. John Coleman's side are 8 points above the relegation zone but it certainly seems like a season that will only offer a mid-table finish at best. Of course, the players will have other ideas with the club currently on an unbeaten run of 5 league games that started with the 7-1 massacre of Bolton back on 23rd November. A fairly average home record this season has improved recently so clearly Coleman has found an efficient approach to matches on home turf.

Burton continue to plod along in the Football League. Nigel Clough's team are in 12th place with 30 points so far this season. That tally puts them just 5 points off the play-off places. Sadly, the Brewers are suffering from a lack of consistency in the league. Back-to-back wins against Rochdale and Tranmere have suggested momentum could be building and with the third best away record in the division they'll fancy their chances here.

On paper, it's a match that is too close to call. I can totally understand why the bookies are calling it straight down the middle. I'm even tempted to back the draw. However, I'm going to follow the ELO ratings and back the home side to continue their fine run of results by securing the victory. The value seems too good to ignore and even though it'll be a closely fought game I think a narrow home win is worth backing.

Accrington Stanley to Win @ 2.62 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.91 with Marathonbet

Oldham Athletic vs Salford City

Oldham Athletic

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Christopher Missilou (17/3 m), Johan Branger (10/2 m), Jamie Stott (9/0 d), David Jones (2/0 m)

Suspended:

Salford City

Doubtful: Emmanuel Dieseruvwe (18/3 f)

Out (injuries/other): Scott Wiseman (16/0 d), Nathan Pond (14/0 d)

Suspended: -

Port Vale vs Swindon Town

Port Vale

Doubtful: Shaun Brisley (1/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Adam Crookes (14/0 d), Manny Oyeleke (3/0 m)

Suspended: Tom Conlon (10/0 m)

Swindon Town

Doubtful: Tom Broadbent (3/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Dion Conroy (11/0 d), Daniel Ballard (1/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Plymouth vs Stevenage

The second preview in this section covers the League Two game between play-off chasing Plymouth and bottom-placed Stevenage in a 3pm GMT kick-off this Sunday afternoon at Home Park. This is a simple case of seeing a bit of value in the solid home win. The odds, bookies, and form all favours the home win so I'm going to follow those indicators in the hope we can get the correct prediction.

Plymouth are doing well this season in 8th place. The Pilgrims have a game in hand on the teams around them and are only 1 point off the pace of the play-off positions. The key to that form has been turning Home Park into a fortress with Ryan Lowe's team only suffering one defeat on home soil in the league. 4 wins at home in a row shows that their home form is only getting better and 3 wins from their last 4 league games is proof that they're a team flying right now.

Stevenage can only be described as experiencing a contrasting season to that of their opponents in this game. Graham Westley has replaced Dino Maamira as manager and it wasn't exactly the best start to his reign with a 5-1 loss at home to Crewe. The club is currently bottom of the division but a win here could well move them off the foot of the table. No wins on the road in the league shows they're not exactly the most prolific side on their travels.

I have to back a comfortable home win. That opening game in charge for Westley on Boxing Day was an absolute stinker and for a team that is rooted to the bottom of the table it's hard to see how he can pick them up in just a couple of days. This Stevenage side is in real trouble if they don't start winning games soon and I cannot see them starting that turnaround in fortunes here.

Plymouth -1 @ 3.00 with Coral

Plymouth HT/FT @ 2.75 with BetVictor

JPG.jpg.807c489b6e91b133ed16a55c7a75b871.jpg

Odds 1.61 - 4.20 - 6.00

If this match is`nt value bet at away win then my name is`nt Theodore, is Bristoliana. 

Hey boys 6.00  for what reason. Because the last Rovers home defeat against wimblendon.

Rovers play against who for 1.61 odds.

Against Leeds or West Brom.

I take this fuckin 6.00 and i wait to lost it 4-0.

But if the Pirates sword get inside Fleetwood ass then some bettors feel great pain today ... :moon

Edited by THEO-007