Australian Open 2019

Mixed Doubles

S. Zhang/J. Peers -1.5 sets @ 2.25 Sbobet 4/10

Usually don't like those mixed doubles events as it's more a exo than a real tournament if women and men sharing a tennis court BUT i like this one as Fucsovics on the other side looked injured vs. Coric, took a medical timeout there and wasn't able to play near 100% there. I doubt he is going all in here.

Zhang and Peers already played three slams together in mixed doubles in 2018 and they won 5 of their 8 matches reaching the semifinal of the US Open finally. They should win this quite comfortably i think.

Rafael Nadal (-5) to beat Tomas Berdych at 1.85 with Marathon

I watched both today and I can't see Berdych doing much even in his current form. The mental handicap is still going to be there most likely and Nadal's somewhat improved serve should be crucial in making the Czech suffer.

Joao Sousa vs Kei Nishikori

They have played twice against each other, with one win per side. Both have had long matches in this tournament, but i consider Nishikori has been more convincing during his wins, besides he recently won an ATP tiyle which helps him to feel more confidence. the odds for the ML are awful, so i'm taking the handicap Nishikori -6 @1.735 in Pinnacle. 

Btw, nice to be back! :ok

8 minutes ago, Uriel18 said:

Joao Sousa vs Kei Nishikori

They have played twice against each other, with one win per side. Both have had long matches in this tournament, but i consider Nishikori has been more convincing during his wins, besides he recently won an ATP tiyle which helps him to feel more confidence. the odds for the ML are awful, so i'm taking the handicap Nishikori -6 @1.735 in Pinnacle

Btw, nice to be back! :ok

Did you actually watch the matches? No offense, i also think Nishikori should pull this off and win vs. Sousa BUT Nishikori looked horrible. How can you write that Nishikori was more convincing than Sousa? Sousa played 2times better than Nishikori in both of his matches. Nishikori was outpointed by Karlovic from time to times and i do not talking about the serve or something. Nishikori was absymal vs. Majchrzak and didn't look good vs. Karlovic either. I would not touch this handicap with one hand right now. Sousa also has a very awkward style and also uses a lot of slices like Karlovic and Nishikori had many problems to handle the slice. 

The H2H is irrelevant as one win for Sousa was a retirement by Nishikori by the way. 1-1 sounds so even considering Sousa never won a set vs. Nishikori. Still, i doubt this is serious value. I would consider taking the over here instead of -6 at worse odds.

Sousa looked pretty good so far and beat two very good players (Kohli, Pella). Was very impressed by the serve of Sousa which worked really well under those conditions.

Anyway...good luck but i can only stay away from that match. Everything can happen but if everything goes his way sousa should have pretty decent chance to win at least one set here.

Edited by opole

18 hours ago, Rypcio said:

Roberto Bautista to beat Khachanov at 2.66 with Pinnacle

I really don`t understand why is 2.66 on Bautista .. I know he had problems in last 2 games but he played against Millman and Murray .. Before AO he beat Wawrinka,Berdych and Djokovic! I believe to he can get higher in this tournament . He won 2/3 matchs against Khachanov so I see another value in this tip . 

3:0 for Bautista ,so I have right 

Two more bets for the next night

A. Bai/Z. Hives @ 3 sbobet 2/10

D. Goffin @ 2.85 5dimes 4/10

Goffin looks good. Medvedev is in superb shape and looks like a dark horse for the win in Melbourne but i do not trust him as he lacks stamina and nerves in long matches and sets and i do expect this going full five sets as Goffin in decent shape is normally Top 15 material. Should be entertaining though.

Bai/Hives played together several times now, looking good in singles too recently. Can see them winning this as their opponents are no elite team at all. I am a bit worried about the fact that Bai and Hives both supposed to play qualies in Burnie at the weekend for the tournament next week but i can't believe that they'll tank a GS doubles match at their home slam....if they do...they are dumb in many ways.

10 minutes ago, opole said:

Did you actually watch the matches? No offense, i also think Nishikori should pull this off and win vs. Sousa BUT Nishikori looked horrible. How can you write that Nishikori was more convincing than Sousa? Sousa played 2times better than Nishikori in both of his matches. Nishikori was outpointed by Karlovic from time to times and i do not talking about the serve or something. Nishikori was absymal vs. Majchrzak and didn't look good vs. Karlovic either. I would not touch this handicap with one hand right now. Sousa also has a very awkward style and also uses a lot of slices like Karlovic and Nishikori had many problems to handle the slice. 

The H2H is irrelevant as one win for Sousa was a retirement by Nishikori by the way. 1-1 sounds so even considering Sousa never won a set vs. Nishikori. Still, i doubt this is serious value. I would consider taking the over here instead of -6 at worse odds.

Sousa looked pretty good so far and beat two very good players (Kohli, Pella). Was very impressed by the serve of Sousa which worked really well under those conditions.

Anyway...good luck but i can only stay away from that match. Everything can happen but if everything goes his way sousa should have pretty decent chance to win at least one set here.

maybe you're right. most of the time I'm only able to watch part of the match and the highligts. Let's see what happens in this one :hope

Rafael Nadal -6 games @ 2.03 Pinnacle 10/10

This is the first 10/10 bet for me this year i think. Nadal should cruise to a win here, Berdych looks decent but the matchup is simply a horror right now for the Bird and i do expect at least one set where he collapses. I 100% agree with CP here in terms of the outcome, i had this in mind since both won their matches today but i wanted to wait till Asian bookmakers publishing odds as i can't bet as those books like Marathon and all the other 10 Euro books.

Muguruza does look opposable from certain points of view, but I'd just like to say that I watched her match against Konta and that it was a really good one with a lot of splendid hitting and without any of the big errors that you typically see in WTA matches. If she plays on the same level, I'm not sure what Timea will be able to do.

22 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Muguruza does look opposable from certain points of view, but I'd just like to say that I watched her match against Konta and that it was a really good one with a lot of splendid hitting and without any of the big errors that you typically see in WTA matches. If she plays on the same level, I'm not sure what Timea will be able to do.

Do you think fatigue could be a factor given she ended at 3.15am?

K.Nishikori/P.Carreno-Busta - Over 3.5 sets at 2.00 with Bet365

PCB did disappoint me big time in the first round, but he has improved since then, while Nishikori has produced just one reasonably good performance and should've been gone against both Majchrzak and Karlovic. PCB doesn't have the serve of those two guys, but he has a better groundgame than all three guys Nishikori has faced so far and I fancy him to really take the fight to Nishikori. I was expecting the overs to be set at 1.72 here, so 2.00 looks like value to me.

Anastasia Sevastova to beat Naomi Osaka at 2.23 with Unibet

Naomi really hasn't played well so far and this will be a big test for her. After her performance in last round I don't see her making it to the quarterfinal. She made many UEs in first set but managed to raise her game but that was against Su-Wei Hsieh and I doubt she will be able to produce the same kind of comeback in this match if she goes behind and with all those UEs she's making she'll likely fall behind at some point.

He should, but I'm not sure that there's any value in 1.30. Pouille isn't there mentally, too slow and unimaginative, just pure aggression and that's not enough. For some reason, he isn't the same Pouille that beat Nadal some years ago, he's trying to be more straightforward and raw with bad results, no patience and no point-building.

Will Tsitsipas be able to repeat his performane from today against Agut?  I think he will. He looked rock solid both physically and mentaly. It is true that this day off will give some time for Agut to recover but he spent so much time on court and thats a great moment for The Greek to come on top. 1.72 with bet365

Pliskova to beat Muguruza @ 1.80 with SportingBet

This pick is largely based on Pliskova's big lead in the H2H, winning 3/4 times in 2017 alone. I do confess that I have not managed to watch any of Pliskova's games, however, having watched the Muguruza/Bacsinszky game, I do think a better player, like Pliskova, could better take advantage of Muguruza's serve, which was looking a tad vulnerable (in contrast to the game vs. Konta).

I don't see many problems for Coric against Pouille but like CP said, the price is too low to get involved. Maybe double it up with Djokovic or Djokovic on the handicap. Does anyone see Medvedev giving Nole any problems ?

I haven't seen that much of him, he has a big serve and an unusual action that's maybe harder to read but he's facing the greatest returner in the game (poss the greatest ever returner) who's already beaten him a couple of times, and once Djokovic starts reading it, the match will be taken away from him.

Single selections are serena to beat halep odds are not the best but its solid bet here

Naomi osaka to beat sevastova this is another good bet naomi is playing well i dont think she will slip up here

Madison keys to beat svitolina, svitolina should not be here she was lucky in that last game, she used the injury time out well to gain some advantage, to be honest i have not seen keys play in this tournament but chang took a lot out of svitolina.