** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

EFL Cup Predictions > Jan 9th & 10th

eflcupodds.jpg

The EFL Cup Semi-Finals are coming up next week. Here are the odds. A couple of intriguing ties. Let us know your predictions for these two games. Will Manchester City take another step towards an incredible quadruple? Can Bristol City pull off the biggest upset in recent EFL Cup memory? Will Chelsea and Arsenal offer another thrilling encounter?

Manchester City vs Bristol City

On paper, this game is done. The runaway Premier League leaders being touted as potentially the best squad the top flight of British football has ever seen. Playing against a Championship team that are starting to stutter. It's a given, surely. However, this is a Bristol City side that has broken records in this competition for putting Premier League teams to the sword. Manchester United, Crystal Palace, Stoke, and Watford have all been knocked out by the Robins. Still, is this a step too far? Pep might be playing the quadruple down but he's a man of ambition and has the strength in depth to really go for this cup. It would be wonderful to see Lee Johnson's men pull off a giant-killing once more but as much as we can hope it just seems too much of an ask. I'm expecting a hard-working and gritty performance from the away side but I can see Guardiola's side pulling off a business-like win here. Due to City being overwhelming favourites I have opted for one low risk bet and one slightly higher risk bet to add some spice.

Manchester City -1 @ 1.40 with Betway

Manchester City To Win By 2 Goals @ 4.50 with Betfair

@waynecoyne, @malabgd, @Magic0024, @andrewcalo, @Neubs, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @Tiffy, @RealUnited, @allthethings, @Bronxie, @jamiedavies02, @slipkid, @DW_United, @sajtion, @fat, @Pep004, @allyhibs, @betcatalog, @6avin24, @PokerWolf1, @Papa Lazarou, and @Darran, what do you guys think ahead of these Semi-Final matches?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding EFL Cup

Manchester City has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 home games.
Bristol City has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games.
Manchester City won their last 8 home games.
Bristol City lost their last 3 games.
Manchester City scored in last 8 home games.

You can find interesting 59 Football Betting Streaks for 09.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-09-01-2018

Tough to say something smart, regarding odds. I don't know Bristol at all, but if they will succeed to play compact and very well organized defensively, they might hold for the first half. But deeper in the match we'll go, more mistakes I expect from their side in positioning, bigger holes for Citizens to attack and sooner or deeper Bristol should crash. 

It's possible to get @2,00 for City -1,5 in the second half. Any thoughts?

Manchester City v Bristol City

Manchester City: Vincent Kompany (9/0 d), Benjamin Mendy (4/0 d), Philip Foden (1/0 m), Gabriel Jesus (18/8 f)

Bristol City: Ivan Lucic (0/0 g), Callum O'Dowda (18/1 m), Jens Hegeler (3/0 m), Gary O'Neil (2/0 m), Eros Pisano (7/0 d), Famara Diedhiou (13/5 f), Milan Đurić (8/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Not the one I wanted to take, and it’s probably wrong, but I can’t ignore FGR at 4.75. It’s insane. Two sides next to each other on the table, and the home side, while in far better shape, just acted like they won the Champions League when they drew Man U in the FA Cup. I’m taking the visitors.

11 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Tough to say something smart, regarding odds. I don't know Bristol at all, but if they will succeed to play compact and very well organized defensively, they might hold for the first half. But deeper in the match we'll go, more mistakes I expect from their side in positioning, bigger holes for Citizens to attack and sooner or deeper Bristol should crash. 

It's possible to get @2,00 for City -1,5 in the second half. Any thoughts?

"Easy peasy". :loon:$

Football Facts and Streaks regarding EFL Cup

Chelsea won their last 5 home games.
Chelsea scored in last 12 home games.
Arsenal scored in last 8 games.
Arsenal scored in last 3 away games.
Chelsea scored over 1.5 goals in last 4 home games.

You can find interesting 62 Football Betting Streaks for 10.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-10-01-2018

Chelsea vs Arsenal

It's been a distracting week for Conte with his ongoing war of words against Mourinho. Wenger has probably been rubbing his hands with glee that the Chelsea manager has been fighting a war on two fronts over the past few days. Conte's record as Chelsea manager against Arsenal under Wenger has not been great on its own standing. In the six encounters they have had, Wenger has come out on top 3 times, Conte once, and there have been two draws. These two sides met just a week ago and it was a thrilling match. I expect something similar here. Your guess is as good as anyone's on what line-ups the teams will choose. I'd expect both managers to field reasonably strong sides. The EFL Cup is still a trophy and with neither side realistically in the Premier League title race it is a chance to earn some job security by sealing a trophy. I can perhaps see Chelsea sneaking this one but it's going to be another close one. I wouldn't be surprised to see more goals again.

BTTS @ 1.75 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfair

Just now, Arkadi Manucharov said:

Where can we find info on what players the teams will field? I haven't been able to find anything.

The team line-ups often aren't released until about an hour before kick-off. A few news agencies give rough team news but it's always hard to accurately predict who will play in a game like this. At least you can have an idea who won't be available based on the game preview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42549416

Sadly my book isn’t offering odds on Blackpool, but I’d consider them a decent dog at around 3.9. Shrews have a busy fixture list and they’ll be many changes for both sides, but you have to think just three days removed from an FA Cup tie and in a promotion spot they might not be putting all their attention here.

1 hour ago, allthethings said:

Sadly my book isn’t offering odds on Blackpool, but I’d consider them a decent dog at around 3.9. Shrews have a busy fixture list and they’ll be many changes for both sides, but you have to think just three days removed from an FA Cup tie and in a promotion spot they might not be putting all their attention here.

This is the EFL Cup thread not the EFL Trophy thread, @allthethings:lol  I'm sure we can let it slide though!

After seeing the line-ups I honestly thought Arsenal would field a stronger side than they are. They could be in for a hiding tonight.