** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done Must say im starting to like it now after my reservations yesterday. I love the quick reply, its dead handy, i also love the way the writing is much bolder and clearer due to the white background. I also love the way the new layout is with regard the sports sections, before it was just 1 forum with Other Sports, now its sectioned off to golf, snooker, darts etc etc, i think thats brilliant, saves a lot of clustering.. I dont know why people are complaining about having to scroll a long way to find a thread as at the top of the page you can click on whatever thread you want to go to, thats a great asset. Overall, starting to love it, fantastic job.

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done

Must say im starting to like it now after my reservations yesterday. I love the quick reply, its dead handy, i also love the way the writing is much bolder and clearer due to the white background. I also love the way the new layout is with regard the sports sections, before it was just 1 forum with Other Sports, now its sectioned off to golf, snooker, darts etc etc, i think thats brilliant, saves a lot of clustering.. I dont know why people are complaining about having to scroll a long way to find a thread as at the top of the page you can click on whatever thread you want to go to, thats a great asset. Overall, starting to love it, fantastic job.
If Aidy's happy then fcuk me we've cracked it. Just need to cheer up glceud now, but that's about as likely as seeing Halley's Comet in my living room. :lol

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Due to go live Monday Evening

There are no ads at present, so not sure what you're talking about, however banners will return anyway. Want a bet on the future of PL?;)
I meant the stuff on right hand side from social network down to twitter, look like ads to me. Ok, getting used to it and it does look better. Don't suppose its an option to stick the right hand side stuff up top or at least have it removed once you are in a thread, far too mean to only be using 25% og my vdu.

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done I never said I hated it Paul (not sure if you were quoting me or another poster when you said that), just said my first impressions were that I didn't like it - the reason being that by having all the signatures and stuff in the same column as the posts, it makes finding the content harder- especially since everything is a white background so there is no distinction between posts and the signature and avatars. Its the amount of white that offput me. To answer your question, I probably didn't spend more than an hour on it no, but I have tried to use a football forum that follows a very similar format in the past and didn't like that for the same reasons. I've taken Samba's tip and turned pics off in the settings and that helps. Like others have said, the new style will grow as familiarity increases I'm sure and, to acknowledge the positives, I do feel that the overall look is now more modern and will be more appealing to prospective sign ups. I loved the simplicity of the old style but can understand why it needed updating. It also makes sense to incorporate all of the various mini sites into one main page. I like the main logo and header for example - looks much better than the old one. Wasn't trying to nit pick for the sake of it as, like I acknowledged before, I appreciate there has been a lot of work that has gone into the upgrade. I will get used to it in time but the only way things ever improve is if people give their honest feedback instead of happyclapping and headnodding and plenty of others also commented on the amount of 'white'. Keep up the good work.

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done I always want honest feedback Fintron, my point was people saying they hated it after an hour is just ridiculous. Anyway, it's way way better and I'm not out to ruffle any feathers, just improve the site. You guys just have to trust me that I know what I'm doing. I discuss everything with the moderators and they don't hold back either, which is how I want it. It's been a massive collective effort with Avongirl being the star of the show input wise, what can I say, she's Superwoman!

I also love the way the new layout is with regard the sports sections' date=' before it was just 1 forum with Other Sports, now its sectioned off to golf, snooker, darts etc etc, i think thats brilliant, saves a lot of clustering..[/quote'] Completely agree Aidy. Looks great if you ask me, change is a good thing. And, what's more, speed is a big positive for me....believe it or not, speed on my laptop has increased massively (probably twice as fast!)

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues?

What link? Really need more details or I'm pissing in the wind here guys. :ok
There was a The Punters Lounge-and so on forum link at the right end of every page, somewhere near where Contact Us is now. Very handy after I scroll all the way down. Maybe the black logo can take the role now. Overall, to me it looks much better than yesterday. :clap PS Text stays in the quick reply box after posting.

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues? Update on issues :ok 1. Emails should now be working again, ie subscribe to threads etc... 2. Collapsable forums now added. 3. Bigger font on usernames in posts. 4. Notifications area is now fixed with different colour so dropdowns can be seen more easily. 5. On viewing threads, gone back to just showing username as we had previously, and not "started by" and time. 6. Regarding the reply going to quick reply instead of advanced, here is the lowdown. VB 4 has a bit different of a default behavior on these than VB 3. If you single click you get the quick reply, if you double click you get the advanced reply form. So basically it was never a bug. 7. "Forum" link on main menu now doesn't open in new window, it simply clicks through to the forum on same window. 8. "Reply to Thread" button not working on FF and IE, but is on Chrome - still being worked on, a little fiddly. 9. Right sidebar to scroll with the page is something we're hoping to implement, but it's not as simple as it sounds, so need a bit of time on that.

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done I have to say I'm starting to like the new version now. Things are so much neater with the collapsable forums. Just a suggestion, but maybe there could be a politics betting thread as well as Oscars, Eurovision etc. It feels kinda weird seeing the US Politics thread in the Other Sports forums. Also, surely there's a Tennis pun to be had! Every other sports description has a pun but the tennis one. For example,

Whether it's the Grand Slams or the ATP tour, serve it up in here.

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues? What's the status on the mobile apps, neither my android or iphone apps are working?

Update on issues :ok 1. Emails should now be working again, ie subscribe to threads etc... 2. Collapsable forums now added. 3. Bigger font on usernames in posts. 4. Notifications area is now fixed with different colour so dropdowns can be seen more easily. 5. On viewing threads, gone back to just showing username as we had previously, and not "started by" and time. 6. Regarding the reply going to quick reply instead of advanced, here is the lowdown. VB 4 has a bit different of a default behavior on these than VB 3. If you single click you get the quick reply, if you double click you get the advanced reply form. So basically it was never a bug. 7. "Forum" link on main menu now doesn't open in new window, it simply clicks through to the forum on same window. 8. "Reply to Thread" button not working on FF and IE, but is on Chrome - still being worked on, a little fiddly. 9. Right sidebar to scroll with the page is something we're hoping to implement, but it's not as simple as it sounds, so need a bit of time on that.

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues?

5. On viewing threads, gone back to just showing username as we had previously, and not "started by" and time.
Are you talking about this date and time? :unsure ?di=CWXQ If so, it's obviously still displayed; but I prefer it this way, rather than having only username as in old forum - there is enough space below thread title anyway, so it's better to have idea how old thread is even without opening it!

Each post needs a more clearly defined area I think. It's a bit of a mess with the details on the right imo. And it's hard to tell whether the signature is part of a post.
You can switch signatures off in Forum Actions / General Settings I've just done that (and avatars) and it's a big improvement :)

And it's hard to tell whether the signature is part of a post.
Superwoman would like to agree with this.:lol For me, it's mainly a problem when there is a block of text in the signature (eg. like Jase's). Is it possible to put a bolder line between the text area and the signature, or maybe have the default colour of signatures grey rather than black. I hate switching things off in settings, I might miss something. :p