** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Due to go live Monday Evening Thanks for the feedback guys.We had a choice of giving you nothing or giving you you as it is now, but with quite a few glitches. We were on this for 18 hours yesterday, so please no moaning as we're just going to ignore it. By all means report any bugs, but we have a fairly major issue to overcome from what I'm told, so be patient and grit your teeth for a while. ;)

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Due to go live Monday Evening

Thanks for the feedback guys.We had a choice of giving you nothing or giving you you as it is now' date=' but with quite a few glitches. We were on this for 18 hours yesterday, so please no moaning as we're just going to ignore it. By all means report any bugs, but we have a fairly major issue to overcome from what I'm told, so be patient and grit your teeth for a while. ;)[/quote'] Rome wasnt built in a day mate, i have enough problems doing a google spreadsheet so god knows how much hard work is involved in a forum of this size. Stop whinging guys, give em a week and im sure well all be amazed at the new forum :)

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Due to go live Monday Evening Thanks GJ, that's very kind of you. :okIt's actually one main problem, that's causing all the problems or most of them. Anyway, the forum is alive, you can post and just with a few glitches. ;) If you saw what we had to put up with moving threads around and getting 404 errors on top, it would have blown your head off. Have to say a very big thanks to Kevshat and Monterosso who helped in moving all the threads about. Was quite funny at one stage with Monterosso threatening to commit suicide! :rollin :rollin

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Due to go live Monday Evening I must admit, i dont like the new format. But hey, im here because of the people that are on the forum, not just for the forum! I apologise for whinging, as an awful lot of work has gone into this, and im sure i will come to like it after time. It sunk in when Paul said its either this or nothing, i would be lost without this place, so thanks for the effort ye all put in and lets make the most of it..

Was quite funny at one stage with Monterosso threatening to commit suicide! :rollin :rollin
oh ffs. Had I known there was suicide involved I'd have chipped in ! Could have organised the gun and everything ! lol and yes, I'm using lol because the smilies don't work....

Ok we have formatting back, so no more block text. As you can see Should be able to post odds and tables again too.
You're getting there m8 (I think!) Keep it up!! My only ridiculously timy issue is that I keep knocking the thread over to the side so I can't see it all at once but fairly sure I can fix that this end! Looks great - apart from Horse Racing being under footy and poker!!:p

You're getting there m8 (I think!) Keep it up!! My only ridiculously timy issue is that I keep knocking the thread over to the side so I can't see it all at once but fairly sure I can fix that this end! Looks great - apart from Horse Racing being under footy and poker!!:p
I'm not sure that isn't as clear as mud! Because there is a gap on the right hand side of the screen! Oh feck it - I can't explain!! :spank

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues?

can the redirect links at the top be fixed eg to go to the football forum/horse racing
They are just caching as browser do aggressively cache these days. Clear all your browser data and they will be there. :ok
Anychance of making the usernames in posts larger?
They are a bit small, on it's way. Thanks for the kind words earlier when nearly everyone else was doing the opposite, very much appreciated. :ok

Menu above was caching aggressively, that's browsers for you. It is fine if you clear your browser though.
I'm not sure that isn't as clear as mud! Because there is a gap on the right hand side of the screen! Oh feck it - I can't explain!! :spank
Screenshot please. ;)
Looks ok one thing is maybe the person username in thread could be a bit bigger? Apart from that seems ok. can't even remember what the old was was like lol
Goldenjaguar already requested this and I agree, it's on the list. :ok
Yipp Yipp its gonna take time.
You love it really. :lol
My only suggestion so far would be to also take the chance to put the more frequented sections of the forum at the top of the forum list...
More detail and screenshots helpful as to exactly where you mean mate. :ok

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues? This is probably not the place for a plain old comment, but I really don't think having subforums is an upgrade. Instead of going to "England/Ireland" and scrolling down to each league listed, I now have to go through one subforum to access England: Non-League, and a different subforum to access England: Football League Betting? What a pain!

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues? Would not it be better to post located right from the info profile, rather than beneath it? (mean on the one hand be name, picture, join date, location... and on the other post) Only a few are active in many forums, so will we have option to disable some forums? (since forum looks like too extensive and huge.) Button "replay to thread" don't work... To begin with, so much of me, but I'll have a few suggestions regarding distribution of football subforums. Anyway, Paul congratulations on the effort!

Re: Upgrade - Oustanding Problems/Issues?

Would not it be better to post located right from the info profile' date=' rather than beneath it? [i'](mean on the one hand be name, picture, join date, location... and on the other post)
I've read that twice and still don't understand what you mean, sorry. Screenshots are helpful.
Only a few are active in many forums, so will we have option to disable some forums? (since forum looks like too extensive and huge.)
I don't like people disabling forums, they can easily miss out on important things. Let's see how we go for a while and not make instant decisions.
Button "replay to thread" don't work...
Works fine for me. Please state browser you're using.
To begin with, so much of me, but I'll have a few suggestions regarding distribution of football subforums. Anyway, Paul congratulations on the effort!
It was a lot of people's effort but let me just explain why we went so big compared to before. I've noticed for quite a while now, that people sometimes want to post "general" comments, but they are not generally wanted in betting threads as it dliutes it and makes finding the great bettings posts that much harder. This was definitely true of UK & Irish Football, Western European Football and Other Sports for sure. I want people to sit back and breathe. If we didn't do this, we would have suffocated and we wouldn't be able to advance either. This is a major step in the right direction for PL, make no mistake about that. I've been on PL for 11 years, and I've seen it go from tiny, to small, to medium and to very big. Everytime changes were needed and soon after the changes everybody loved it. I would say over 90% of people who have seen the new forum think it's fantastic, those that don't, then I'm sorry but the world changes and you have to change with it or you get left behind. ;)