** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues?

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done Before the upgrade I could post Excel when using Chrome and IE, but not FF. Now it looks like crap in Chrome, all the formatting is gone and none of the colours come through. I can't even load the forum in IE anymore, it looks like this. Dog slow as well. weaw3ALJkC8kwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done

Before the upgrade I could post Excel when using Chrome and IE, but not FF. Now it looks like crap in Chrome, all the formatting is gone and none of the colours come through. I can't even load the forum in IE anymore, it looks like this. Dog slow as well. weaw3ALJkC8kwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
We'll be doing away with posting excel anyway, too server intensive all those tables. IE has always been a pile of shite, it's not even a compliant browser. I'll get it checked out, doesn't seem overly slow to me, but slower.

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done I cant even remember what the old forum looked like, no joke... Loving ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :nana Love the auto-save when posting as broadband in the west of ireland can be faulty so it goes on and off at times. Before i would have to post 40 lines all over again.. Way more advanced this new forum

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Its a pretty minor point, but disproportionately frustrating (to me) and hopefully an easy fix... Whe you search (e.g. "New Search") and there are for example 10 pages. Initially pages 1 to 4 are linked, along with a "Next Page" and a "Page 1 of 10" drop down box where you can choose what page number you want to go to. If you click next page, it goes to page 2, then page 3, then page 4, then Page 5. When you're on page 2, then it adds in a previous page button. By the time you get to page 5, then it is really clever ;) and because it is no longer showing the first page, there is a "First Page" link (to the left of previous page). From that logic, could there not be a "last page" link when the last page isn't visible? It wont do anything that you cannot do by clicking the drop down and "Jump to Page" and typing in "10" - except its all in 1 click (and allows mouse only navigation instead of going to the keyboard to type) Well I did say it was pretty minor :lol :lol :lol :lol

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues?

Having trouble viewing the site using Mozilla Firefox.
Come on guys I'm pissing in the wind with comments like this. Explanations and screenshots. ;)
Just did a write up on the Ufc 143 event' date=' hit preview post and it all disappeared :cry[/quote'] I'll have it looked at, but you should always, always save long posts on any site. :ok

Its a pretty minor point, but disproportionately frustrating (to me) and hopefully an easy fix... Whe you search (e.g. "New Search") and there are for example 10 pages. Initially pages 1 to 4 are linked, along with a "Next Page" and a "Page 1 of 10" drop down box where you can choose what page number you want to go to. If you click next page, it goes to page 2, then page 3, then page 4, then Page 5. When you're on page 2, then it adds in a previous page button. By the time you get to page 5, then it is really clever ;) and because it is no longer showing the first page, there is a "First Page" link (to the left of previous page). From that logic, could there not be a "last page" link when the last page isn't visible? It wont do anything that you cannot do by clicking the drop down and "Jump to Page" and typing in "10" - except its all in 1 click (and allows mouse only navigation instead of going to the keyboard to type) Well I did say it was pretty minor :lol :lol :lol :lol
I'm with you on this one, and hadn't got around to mentioning myself it yet. :ok For some reason in the new posts thread there isn't a 'last' option, which is there in the individual threads in the forums. I've been clicking on 4, then on that page I can click 7, then get to 10 from that page. (I like to work from oldest to newest, usually around 8-10 pages for me between log-ins). So it's 3 clicks for me. The only time I tried using the jump to page option it wouldn't display any posts beyond page 8 (200 threads) so I gave up on that one.

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? We're aware of the issue where posts aren't showing in hitting reply. They are only showing after you refresh the page and hope to have this fixed tomorrow. We're also working on the speed issues. Forum should be a fair bit quicker tomorrow, but there's plenty to work on next week to really fine tune that.

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Emoticons have had to be shrunk in "Go Advanced" - this will be fixed permanently next week. For now you can click them in as you see them, or click "More" and click them in there. In Quick Reply - emoticons are in a dropdown from the toolbar under the Smiley Face to the right of "A".

Apart from the screenshots issue' date=' emoticons and [b']GaF being an old woman, any other outstanding issues? ;)
Changing the new posts list to 50 posts has sort of solved the page jump issue. I've only got 3 pages now (instead of probably 8) and as option for page 3 is displayed immediately you can get to the last page in one go. :ok

I haven't read back so please excuse if the question already appeared. What's the chance of having a mobile version of the forum sorted? I use it quite often and it currently take ages to load from my BB.
We're in talks with tapatalk to upgrade it, no time schedule as yet. :ok

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? When you click on a thread that you have viewed before it doesn't seem to remember what you last read? I always seem to have to start at the top of the thread and scroll down to where I last read. I find that particularly annoying, is it just me with this issue?

Did it ever do that on the previous version Gordon? I don't remember that feature' date=' but then again I have 7.4bn things to remember these days. ;)[/quote'] I am sure it did, I don't remember ever having to scroll down a thread or starting at page one of a thread depending on where you click on it - if you click on a thread on the main forum without going in to the subsection then it takes you to the last post.... or if you go in to the subsection ie general chat and click on a thread you have viewed hundreds of times you go to post 1. I am sure uou used to click on a thread you had viewed before and it took you to the last post you read - there was some memory there. Unless my memory has gone!!

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? My collapsable preferences don't seem to be saving anymore. It was working fine until yesterday, but I noticed that the Community and Bonus Bets sections are no longer collapsable, whereas they were before. Either way, the threads that are still collapsable, if I collapse them, they un-collapse next time I go to the forum home page. Crouch, who recommends you start a drinking game where everyone has a shot when he says the world collapsable.

Re: Major Forum Upgrade - Done

Before the upgrade I could post Excel when using Chrome and IE, but not FF. Now it looks like crap in Chrome, all the formatting is gone and none of the colours come through. I can't even load the forum in IE anymore, it looks like this. Dog slow as well. r4NP+3f+qhly486P3vQnPj8SFMuAFiPvdS0
Hi Paul, First of all well done with the upgrade - i'm starting to get used to it now and familiarity makes it much easier to use. However, I am having AJ's problem too (if you click on the Grand National 2012 link in my signature, you can compare the tables on pg 6 to those on pg 5 - as AJ says, the formatting/colouring has gone.) Billyhills has suggested using Google tables, but i'm having trouble with that too. Any ideas on how I can adapt my tables to paste correctly? Cheers, AK :ok

Re: Upgrade - Outstanding Problems/Issues? Is the search facility working correctly? as I am have a few issues with it. Some terms search and return results other do not. For example I tried searching for Log5 as I know there are posts in Systems and Strategy that talk about Log5 including an old thread that I had posted in but the search returns no results at all. For example here is a google search that does return the results http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22log5%22+site%3Apunterslounge.com&hl=en&biw=1600&bih=665&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images I also tried just searching on my username to find any posts by me but this to did not return any results either. If I go to my profile and I bring up my very recent posts but nothing older. Can I search and return all post I have made?