Racing chat -Saturday 2nd July

315 hay old Newton cup 

Get shirty   8.8 10/1 

Inchicore   8.5  20/1 

Gaasee   8.2   9/4 

Raymond tuske   8.2 25/1 

Hard to know what to expect from gaasee he's an improving type but this is the hardest race he's faced so he's going to find this much more difficult and will need to improve so the short price appeals none ....I'd rather take him on ew with the other 3 and hope he flounders and a biggy wins ...we can live in hope lol ? 

5pt ew get shirty ...inchicore ...Raymond 

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

315 hay old Newton cup 

Get shirty   8.8 10/1 

Inchicore   8.5  20/1 

Gaasee   8.2   9/4 

Raymond tuske   8.2 25/1 

Hard to know what to expect from gaasee he's an improving type but this is the hardest race he's faced so he's going to find this much more difficult and will need to improve so the short price appeals none ....I'd rather take him on ew with the other 3 and hope he flounders and a biggy wins ...we can live in hope lol ? 

I decided to rate this race and see if my ratings matched up with yours.  I have Gaasee as the "best" choice, and then Get Shirty next.  I will stick my money on those two.  

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

415 hay 

Young fire  8.2  11/2 

Fools rush in  8.0 15/2 

These 2 are a little clear of the rest do I'll try ew on both 

5pt ew both 

I did the same with this race too, and had Young Fire.  Fools Rush In, Boardman, Marshall Dan,  and Stone Soldier all had a very close rating.  It's hard to say, but I'll go with your picks again.  I have another system in which Stone Soldier came out on top, so I will also stick a small bet on.  

1 hour ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I decided to rate this race and see if my ratings matched up with yours.  I have Gaasee as the "best" choice, and then Get Shirty next.  I will stick my money on those two.  

I did the same with this race too, and had Young Fire.  Fools Rush In, Boardman, Marshall Dan,  and Stone Soldier all had a very close rating.  It's hard to say, but I'll go with your picks again.  I have another system in which Stone Soldier came out on top, so I will also stick a small bet on.  

I'm always glad to hear people's opinions and ratings ....sometimes it makes me more confident .....I've noticed when me and brigadier pick same horses they tend to run really well but I've always believed there's strength in  numbers .....if there were 5 diff people rating from diff perspectives and 4 of 5  all get same horses     get your money on cos you'll never find better value bets ....we need more of it ..?

3.15 Old Newton Cup Haydock

Fav way, way to short in a race like this imho   so i am happy to go 2 e/w bog  5 places SOMETHING ENTICING 14/1   &  ON TO VICTORY 25/1

These two can miss the break at times  so do come at a risk but at the prices i'm happy  to pay my money and take my chances.

Happy Punting Y'all

7 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

315 hay old Newton cup 

Get shirty   8.8 10/1 

Inchicore   8.5  20/1 

Gaasee   8.2   9/4 

Raymond tuske   8.2 25/1 

Also had a go rating the 2 races, though my ratings are nowhere near as polished as yours thought i would post anyway

Get shirty 12.1

On to victory 11.35

Inchiore 11.00

7 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

415 hay 

Young fire  8.2  11/2 

Fools rush in  8.0 15/2 

These 2 are a little clear of the rest do I'll try ew on both 

5pt ew both 

Oo de lally 10.65

Zip 10.55

Marshal dan 10.5

1 hour ago, Ironjoe said:

Also had a go rating the 2 races, though my ratings are nowhere near as polished as yours thought i would post anyway

Get shirty 12.1

On to victory 11.35

Inchiore 11.00

Oo de lally 10.65

Zip 10.55

Marshal dan 10.5

I love that people are having a go and there's no right or wrong .......as time goes on you get a feel for what's working and what isn't but like I said each piece on the forum gives people a look at the big picture then you can make an Informed choice when you place your bets .....and its free so its win win ? 

Get shirty has come up on 3 diff ratings and at a big price now looks a very good value ew bet ....win or lose if you keep striking bets like that you won't go far wrong .....that's the strength you gain when multiple people tackle the same race .....def need more of that ?

Edited by richard-westwood

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

I'm always glad to hear people's opinions and ratings ....sometimes it makes me more confident .....I've noticed when me and brigadier pick same horses they tend to run really well but I've always believed there's strength in  numbers .....if there were 5 diff people rating from diff perspectives and 4 of 5  all get same horses     get your money on cos you'll never find better value bets ....we need more of it ..?

Okay! I will chuck in Inchicore (one of yours) comes out well on my ratings.

There is a lot to be said for backing Alenquer

1 least of all the trainer can win with the stable cat at the moment.

2 the price (7/1 unbelievably great value) have had a good few of the wifes sheckles on (mine seem to be useless at the mo)

3 its form ...have the others got better form?

cd winner 3from4 at 1m2f beat derby winner ground is ok blah blah blah

Another day that saw followers rewarded when the first selection YOUARENOTFORGIVEN won at recommended odds of 7/1. SEA ON TIME also won at recommended odds of 7/4. Another two winners in the treble that was let down dreadfully by Nelson's Rock who failed to give his true running. Idoapologise and and Ami Des Flots found one too strong in each of their races.

Tomorrow looks to be an exciting day with the Coral Charge, Distaff and Eclipse all being run at Sandown, whilst the Old Newton Cup and the Lancashire Oaks are just two of the highlights at Haydock Park.

Selections are listed below.

TK

1-50 Sandown 

Raasel has thrived for these connections since he returned to turf last season, winning a total of six handicaps.  He took his form to another level when landing a listed race at Haydock 5 weeks ago, when sweeping through the pack from off the pace. He looks determined to give this a bold bid with James Doyle on board who has been key to his rapid successes this season. Some of his rivals here are woefully out of form and would need a rapid reversal in fortune to beat him. Well worth a go at this level and looks certain to be a major player. 

2-25 Sandown 

Lion Tower has won over this trip on similar ground before at Ayr last season and he has enjoyed a productive campaign when winning four times in total in 2021. He has continued his progression this season and he just had to be kept up to his work when successful over seven furlongs at York a few weeks ago. He has a three-pound rise to contend with here but he has all the right attributes to deal with it. As there are no issues with this trip or ground he has to command utmost respect. 

3-00 Sandown 

Heredia remains a highly progressive filly who is unbeaten in four starts. She had something in hand when landing the Sandringham off a career high of 98 last time. She would not benefit from a slowly run race, but she's still a confident choice to maintain her unbeaten record. She scythed through the field last time in breath-taking fashion when landing the Sandringham just over a fortnight ago at Royal Ascot. Whilst the complexion of this race is slightly different, her class should be enough to see her through. 

3-35 Sandown 

Native Trail was unbeaten in his first five starts before going down by under a length to stablemate Coroebus in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket. He atoned for that when comfortably landing the Irish equivalent at the Curragh subsequently and he can't be dismissed now stepping up to ten furlongs for the first time. William Buick knows this son of Oasis Dream inside out and the pair have to have every chance of adding to their four previous Group One successes. 

2-05 Haydock 

Duty Bound showed immense promise when winning a handicap over one mile and six furlongs at Sandown last month. That was his first attempt at anywhere near that sort of trip and he held off the attentions of Moonlit Bay by a little under two-lengths. He had obviously improved in leaps and bounds from his seasonal reappearance where he was beaten by the well regarded New Comedy. David Probert keeps the ride on this three-year-old son of Kingman. Owned by Her Majesty the Queen he comes here in the form of his life and can give a bold account. 

2-40 Haydock 

Free Wind was highly progressive last season and won four out of five starts. The most Impressive of those came in the Park Hill Stakes at Doncaster over a mile and six furlongs. This looks to be a sensible starting point for the daughter of Galileo and having proven herself on this type of ground in the past that cannot be an issue today. Rab Havlin is two from two on her and she is already proven at this level. She has to rate as a serious threat to all. 

3-15 Haydock 

Liverpool Knight is a lightly raced four-year-old and he made a winning debut for Kevin Phillipart De Foy last month when lining up in a competitive Windsor handicap. He pulled more than three lengths clear of his rivals including the likes of Liberation Point who was well beaten and has come out to frank the form by winning subsequently at Chester. These middle distance races seem to have brought out the best in him and with every likelihood that he can improve again from his seasonal reappearance, he has to be considered. 

8-00 Nottingham 

Holocene can get her career back on track by taking this classified takes. The Cheveley Park owned filly was good enough to win on her debut at Ripon back in May, but she was firmly put in her place on what was her all weather debut at Kempton around three weeks ago. A return to turf should be exactly what she wants and with the William Haggas horses in such excellent form, she has to be shortlist material. 

2-18 Beverley 

Coco Jack won a couple of starts ago when shedding his maiden at Hamilton. He then bumped into a more than useful sort at Haydock a fortnight ago in the shape of Dornoch Castle. He has more than enough experience under him to account for some rivals who have as yet to fulfil their potential. Exposed is far from it and looks the chief danger to him, but the Wing Of Eagles gelding can defy top weight here. 

5-15 Beverley 

Miss Clementine shed her maiden on her most recent start and no surprise if she progresses again here. Whilst this is a step up in class for the Churchill filly, her previous winning course and distance form ought to see her home in front. Connor Beasley rides her for the first time and Ed Dunlop is enjoying a purple patch at the moment and has trained seven winners in the last three weeks. She us still relatively lightly raced and looks the one they all have to beat here. 

For me Mr Ralph Becketts runners. 

Lucky 15. 

2.45. Leic. Ham and Jam.             11/8.... 2nd 

7.00. Nott. Helvetique.                        6/4... unpl 

8.50. Carl. Rechester.                     9/4... unpl 

3.50. Hayd. Sunny Orange.                  6/4... unpl 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

H 2.05  Achnamara            20/1   5 Plcs

S 2.25  Ouzo                      11/1   4 Plcs

H 3.15  Brentford Hope     12/1   6 Plcs

Am on Gaassee at 14/1 for the Ebor so wouldnt mind that winning tbh.

Trends for the Old Newton Cup (Haydock 3.15)

Age = 4, 2 from 61

This reduces the field to 5, BRENTFORD HOPE, INCHICORE, IT'S GOOD TO LAUGH, GET SHIRTY and VINDOLANDA

8th to 11th in the betting, 5 from 28, AE 4.90

This leaves INCHICORE and IT'S GOOD TO LAUGH

Last ran more than 16 days ago, 3 from 72

This leaves it's IT'S GOOD TO LAUGH at 16/1, 6 places

In my years as a professional I would have been all over this Haydyock meeting at my local track for a week. Alas I am just opening up my copy of The Sun and could do with help from Richard and Alex.3.15..great race to watch but isnt it just too hard to price any of the horses? Honestly from a professional point of view I put a line through the whole meeting

Great racing though..good beer, good restaurants but the bookies will all be there rubbing their hands. Sorry no suggestions at the other meetings this afternoon either. Not one idea.

Bur tonight?

The good riders Daniel Muscott anf Rob Hornby have forsaken the big afternoon meetings for Nottingham. All their rides Muscott 4 and Hornby 4 look likely each way bets..work on those eight horses for business

But enjoy Haydock and Sandown for pleasure

All each-way with bookies offering maximum places

Sandown

150 - Equilateral

225 - Lion Tower / Trais Fluors

300 - Oscular 

335 - Native Trail

410 - Electrical Storm / Yorkshire Lady

-

Haydock

205 - Valsad  / The Gadget Man / Percy Jones

240 - Kawida

315 - Brentford Hope / Inchicore / Secret Shadow

425 - Titan Rock / Young Fire

Edited by kroni
typo

I have decided not to be a spoilsport and join in the Old Newton Cup fun.

Unless  I am persuaded that Get Shirty has 20 lengths improvement and Gassse has found 16 lengths in his absence (not impossible) they are the first two to get my red pen through them. I am in tune with another competitor. The three certain beneficiaries of the new weights ON TO VICTORY,  ITS GOOD TO LAUGH and RAYMOND TUSK are all skyscraper prices so on the maximum places bookie I am betting all three each way.

As to Gaassee 16 lengths improvement over a 12 furlongs in 2 months is not impossible for the Haggas Yard and if betting on the nose it would probably my choice but 3 great rags on my side e/w is my choice

Of interest EACH WAY - wouldn't advise any big bets on these but is something I am following (does get some nice winners and places). EACH WAY terms may vary with bookmakers and sometimes extra places apply.

3.28 Bev - Soul Seeker - 25/1 - is running from 6lbs lower than he has won off. 4 times a distance winner and trainer has a decent course record.

4.25 Hay - Zip - 18/1 - is running from 4lbs lower than he has won off. 5 times a distance winner including 1 x CD. Slight negative is trainers moderate course record.

5.50 Carl - Corinthia Knight - 9/2 - is running from a whopping 19lbs lower than he has won off. 7 times a distance winner. My negative is that this is an apprentice race, and the apprentice is very inexperienced.

6.05 Leic - Katies Kitten - 15/2 -is running from 7lbs lower than she has won off. Positive is that she is a 3 x CD winner.

2.40 Hd Eshaada 5/2 (looks like it either will or not put its best feet forward)

4.45 San Picual 13/8

4.55 Hd Doux Esprit 3/1

6.05 Leic Four Feet 5/2

6 x 0.5 win dbles, 4 x .5 win trebles and 1 x 0.5 win 4 fold = 5.50 stakes. Poss return 176.17

Singles and place bets

2.53 Bev War Treaty 0.5 ew at 10/1

3.15 Hd Liverpool Knight 0.5 ew at 13/2

3.35 San Mishriff 0.5 win at 17/2 and 1 pt 3TBP at 2.42

3.55 Leic Sweet Glance 1 pt win at 8.2

4.10 San Aldhaja 1 pt ew at 9.6

4.40 Bev where's Jeff 1 pt win at 6.2

5.20 San Shamllan 1 pt win at 6.8

Total stakes = 14 for this afternoon's meetings

Don't think I have the stamina for evening meetings today if all goes pear-shaped.  But good luck to all this afternoon and this evening.

Had 2 pts at 6.4 on Shamlaan

Lousy day for me.  I'll try 6 pts win on Four Feet 18.05 Leic at 3.8 = poss profit of 16.46. 

Edited by The Equaliser

Few bets, couple already off. 

Double, just under 5/1 with a couple of favs gaassee and heredia

1535 san native trail mb offer

First 2 bets, 1 winner and 3 moneybacks. 

Raasel win + virgin free bet, had fav also mb as 2nd

1425 san thanfully checkandchallenge managed to rally and get my moneyback after an awful start, also mb on lion tower who ran poorly and faded. 

2 hours ago, Le Doyen said:

S 2.25  Ouzo                      11/1   4 Plcs

Am on Gaassee at 14/1 for the Ebor so wouldnt mind that winning tbh.

Ouzo a solid third but the fragrant Saffie got a bit boxed in.