Tennis Tips - Nitto ATP Finals, Challengers and Off-Season

• 3 weeks later...

Rublev to win his group - 3.75 at bet365: I feel like Rublev loves the underdog role a lot. He worked a lot in 2020, and it shows.Seemed to me likewith all the things going on right now in the world, in the scene,he for sure knows that this is his time. If this is extra pressure, or extra power, we'll see. It's indoors, he's the best on it in 2020, he can beat anyone. With that said, if he gets rolling with Nadal, Rublev can 3-0 this group, so I'm gonna take this 3.75 with flying colors.

Edited by rodxuabht

That looks interesting to me. I really liked Rublev in this part of the season as well, I only have two issues with him and neither is big. The first is physical, but he's had some rest ahead of this. The second is that he still feels a bit chokey under pressure, but he can get a lead on Nadal if he plays well. I'm not quite sure if I'd want to back him to win the group, but the odds carry enough premium I reckon. Nadal is overrated, that's for sure.

Andrey Rublev (+2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal at 1.81 with Pinnacle

I'm not going to add much to what's already been said here, but this looks more than fine to me odds-wise and line-wise. There's some security in the handicap and I can see quite a few scenarios in which Nadal wins but doesn't cover. The outright is playable as well, but the bottom line is that Nadal has looked far worse than Rublev indoors in recent times.

The only thing rublev lacks is netplay. I would bet on him against nadal, but I can just see andrey hitting bombs and having nadal on the run but never coming in behind a good shot to end the point with a volley , and eventualy starting to commit errors because of the amount of shots he'll have to hit form the baseline.

I'd go with tsitsipas taking ATLEAST 1 set against dominic. Neither of them shined recently, but I think tsitsipas just plays better on this surface than thiem and has a game that helps him indoors. You could even go for a tsitsipas win if you want to risk more.

13 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Andrey Rublev (+2.5) to beat Rafael Nadal at 1.81 with Pinnacle

I'm not going to add much to what's already been said here, but this looks more than fine to me odds-wise and line-wise. There's some security in the handicap and I can see quite a few scenarios in which Nadal wins but doesn't cover. The outright is playable as well, but the bottom line is that Nadal has looked far worse than Rublev indoors in recent times.

What does that +2,5 mean ? Is it handicap ? Rublev to not lose by more than 3 games ?

Daniil Medvedev to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Zverev might've been a bit tired when the two last met in Paris, but I still think Medvedev has the edge. He's the better player by a small margin imo and Zverev has a lot going on off the court as well, which is something that is going to take its toll at some point. Matches in this tournament are often full of pressure and Medvedev has grown into the mentally stronger player of the two over time.

I’m going to go countercurrent of the forum . I think Nadal will win easilly the match against Rublev. 

Rublev is good player , I had win a lot of match this season indoor , but I didn’t play against top 10 ( just Thiem , Vienne) . Pospisil, Humbert, Sinner , Sonogo , Anderson , Albot ... ok , but today it’s Nadal , and it’s the Master ! 

I must admit that Nadal was not good recently, but he will solve the problem for win matchs . I’m sure

Any opinions on tomorrow's game?

Thiem @2.40 seems tempting to me, Rublev weak mentally so he could do nothing but loose against Nadal.

Tsitispas after losing first set won the second against Thiem, and once again Rublev seeming weak mentally so for me Tsitispas @1.9 seem more than decent.

Any opinions? I feel both those odds will drop before the games start.

9 minutes ago, 888888 said:

Any opinions on tomorrow's game?

Thiem @2.40 seems tempting to me, Rublev weak mentally so he could do nothing but loose against Nadal.

Tsitispas after losing first set won the second against Thiem, and once again Rublev seeming weak mentally so for me Tsitispas @1.9 seem more than decent.

Any opinions? I feel both those odds will drop before the games start.

IMO Thiem is good bet . Rublev haven’t level for the Master this Year. Thief will win with experience , and rublev is to Weak mentally. I’am agree with you @888888

I’m not impressed by Rublev .

Edited by Heisenberg68

@Heisenberg68 I assume he meant Thiem against Nadal, not against Rublev.

I can see all the different results happening tomorrow honestly. Thiem - Tsitsipas was a cracker, but things are likely to change given the different match-ups. Hard to call, but Thiem should definitely do more than Rublev, he won't fold as the Russian did. Rublev should feel no pressure now, though, and he's performed reasonably against Tsitsipas in the past. Their French Open meeting means nothing, Rublev was gassed physically back then.

• CzechPunter changed the title to Tennis Tips - Nitto ATP Finals, Challengers and Off-Season

Dominic Thiem to beat Rafael Nadal at 2.45 with Pinnacle

I was thinking 2.10 was fair, so I'll take the 2.45 that's on offer. Thiem won't choke like Rublev did and he looked good against Tsitsipas, the body is holding and everything. Nadal had it easy in the first match and, while I still think he's the favourite, he's probably only a marginal one. Could be an epic match if both get going!

Zverev's serve is embarrassing. First game of the match against Medvedev and he chucks in three doubles - he might as well have just forfeited the game. I'll really never understand it - how can one of the best players in the world be incapable of getting at least one of two serves in.

@BrandNew Having played tennis as an amateur myself, it really isn't that difficult after a bit of practice. It will become embedded in your muscle memory after a while. Of course, professionals don't want to just hit a tennis serve in play, they want to hit it well, which makes it tougher. You should absolutely not be hitting more than 2 per set though. It's hard to do statistics on this, because you often see players going for huge second serves in certain situations (*40-0 and even *40-15 in some cases), which makes the data skewed.

Zverev missed 7 serves in a row at the start of the match and this is a guy who is well over 6 feet tall. Serving might be difficult for recreational players but it certainly shouldn't be for professional players, much less those ranked at the highest echelons of the game.

Hello! I see ur point in taking advantage of the odd on thiem, but isnt it saffer to go with the over games?

Thiem was amazing against tsi, his serve was outrageous! Nadal isnt the same beast here that he is on clay, but still... its nadal (rublev super disappointing, expected more from him since nadal wasnt that good in the previous hard inddor tourn). My point, I cant predict a winner here  ahah    but I can see both of them closing their serves and going deep in the sets.

1st time making a comment, so if what a said was stupid  just ignore  ahah

Cheers from portugal guys, keep up the good work.

11 hours ago, Angelindo said:

Hello! I see ur point in taking advantage of the odd on thiem, but isnt it saffer to go with the over games?

Thiem was amazing against tsi, his serve was outrageous! Nadal isnt the same beast here that he is on clay, but still... its nadal (rublev super disappointing, expected more from him since nadal wasnt that good in the previous hard inddor tourn). My point, I cant predict a winner here  ahah    but I can see both of them closing their serves and going deep in the sets.

1st time making a comment, so if what a said was stupid  just ignore  ahah

Cheers from portugal guys, keep up the good work.

I also agree with and take Over 22.5 games............. 1.92 @ 1XBet