** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis Tips - May 13 - May 19

11 hours ago, Blackroses said:

I'm going to say that Ruud makes all things in the world right and beats Nick. Nick will get frustrated at Ruud's ability to keep grinding and I'm banking on him having one of his Nick meltdowns. Obviously Nick on serve is top 10, arguably top 5. Ruud will have to break but I'm hoping he takes advantage of the one or two looks he'll get in the first set. Hence setting the Nick meltdown and tirade.

Del Potro to beat Goffin at 2.35 with SportingBet

Due mainly to his lack of matches this year, Del Potro is the underdog against Goffin today. However, I can't take Goffin at 1.57 and think his win over Wawrinka is being over-valued here. Del Potro, despite losing last week, impressed me, even taking a set off Djere and nearly winning the match - not bad for a player who had just returned from injury.

Kyrgios...

Just when you think hes changed he does something like what he did today to prove what a joke he is. To top it off his comments about Verdasco and Djokovic are so hypocritical.. he is literally the guy that acts like  ‘I’m here, I’m so cool ' and ' cringeworthy'. Hope he gets some debilitating injury soon so i don't have to hear about another one of his antics..

9 hours ago, Gully_22 said:

Kyrgios...

Just when you think hes changed he does something like what he did today to prove what a joke he is. To top it off his comments about Verdasco and Djokovic are so hypocritical.. he is literally the guy that acts like  ‘I’m here, I’m so cool ' and ' cringeworthy'. Hope he gets some debilitating injury soon so i don't have to hear about another one of his antics..

I totally agree! Kyrgios is an absolut disgrace to the tennis world. He should be banned from tennis for at least 6, if not 12 months. He is not funny and he don't deserve to play the gentlemans sport.

Edited by Foxstar
Spelling error

Diego Schwartzman to beat Kei Nishikori at 2.40 with 888sport

I think Diego deserves a lot of credit for getting to the quarters and here he's up against Kei who had lots of problems last match when he beat J-L Struff. I think Diego has found his game on clay again after lots of poor performances, he's my favourite to get into the semi in this match.

btw @CzechPunter it looks like you were one week to early with Roy Smith to beat Di Wu since he did it in straight sets this week. So that's a pity but I think you were just unlucky on that one when Roy wins the week after as it showed that he acctually could beat the chinese but he just fell apart last week. To bad you don't know how well the guy can hold up from time to time, he doesn't seem to be able to string back to back wins togheter either. I don't think he has done that so far this season but this time he met Dudi Sela in second round so I think he's excused for that loss.

Dudi Sela to beat (-1.5 sets) Evgeny Donskoy at 2.65 with 888sport

Looks like I'm gonna pick Dudi in a good spot here. Evgeny has beaten two opponents in straight sets but he hasn't had it all to easy while Dudi also has beaten two opponents in straight sets but he only dropped 4 games, 2 per match. And we have the matchup where Dudi is up 2-0 on challenger level winning in straight sets both times so I think I'll go for Dudi in two here.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

I think Diego deserves a lot of credit for getting to the quarters and here he's up against Kei who had lots of problems last match when he beat J-L Struff. I think Diego has found his game on clay again after lots of poor performances, he's my favourite to get into the semi in this match.

My system has Diego to win as well. I thought Struff was going to take it yesterday but he fell back towards the end. Schwartzman has been playing well. 

Stefanos Tsitsipas to beat Roger Federer at 1.71 with 888sport

Stefanos could acctually accomplish this. He can beat Roger this time. He got a chance on clay and he's already beaten him on hardcourt. Reason why Roger won last time so easy was probably that Stefanos was a little fatigued so this time I think the odds are correct and the greek takes it.

1 hour ago, vvararu said:

Konta to beat Vondrousova @1.93 unibet. She gives very good performances last months and Vondrousova looked pretty torn in the game against Kasatkina.

I don’t know why Konta is underdog, both of them being very good this season.

Because it's clay, that's why Johanna Konta is the underdog.

Naomi Osaka to beat Kiki Bertens at 1.87 with 888sport

Osaka is not at her best on clay as far as I know but she can as everyone play to some extent on the surface and she's after all world no.1 and her game in Rome hasn't looked bad.

Kiki has already dropped sets to Amanda Anisimova and CSN and doesn't feel as hot as last week and she should be happy with a title and quarterfinal before Roland Garros. I think Naomi want's this more than Kiki.

5 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Yes, i have the same signal from my radar, hope opinion of three people wouldn't disappoint.

3 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Stefanos Tsitsipas to beat Roger Federer at 1.71 with 888sport

Stefanos could acctually accomplish this. He can beat Roger this time. He got a chance on clay and he's already beaten him on hardcourt. Reason why Roger won last time so easy was probably that Stefanos was a little fatigued so this time I think the odds are correct and the greek takes it.

I bet on Federer instead :)

4 hours ago, four-leaf said:

btw @CzechPunter it looks like you were one week to early with Roy Smith to beat Di Wu since he did it in straight sets this week. So that's a pity but I think you were just unlucky on that one when Roy wins the week after as it showed that he acctually could beat the chinese but he just fell apart last week. To bad you don't know how well the guy can hold up from time to time, he doesn't seem to be able to string back to back wins togheter either. I don't think he has done that so far this season but this time he met Dudi Sela in second round so I think he's excused for that loss.

Seems to be the story of my recent weeks, just bad beats. Good thing that I did well before that. :ok

1 minute ago, CzechPunter said:

Seems to be the story of my recent weeks, just bad beats. Good thing that I did well before that. :ok

I feel like creating a new topic about updates on our off-season bets like last season. Can I create a such topic so we can have updates on those bets there? Just to see how it goes.

Sandro Ehrat to beat Lorenzo Giustino at 2.03 with 888sport

Matchup problems here for Lorenzo. They've met twice in 2013 and 2014 and Sandro won both in straight sets on clay and Sandro is surely on the rise big time. I like Sandro a lot since seeing him play this tight match with Tennys Sandgren in Tallahassee. He pushed Tommy Paul the week after to and he's been rocksolid in Lisbon this week losing no sets yet. Time for Lorenzo to leave the tournament at the hands of Sandro I belive.

9 hours ago, four-leaf said:

@four-leaf Totally agree with you and I followed your recommendation. Diego Schwartzman may not go much more further, but it was definitely a lot better than Nishikori, who is recently struggling, especially on clay. Good call!