** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis Tips - May 6 - May 12

A.Zverev to beat Tsitsipas at 2.34 with Pinnacle

Tsitsipas is in run of six consecutive wins. He won the title in Estoril last weekend, and now he has won 2 more wins against Mannarino and Verdasco. As a matter of fact during this period, he met players who are either not in the shape or far from his class. OK, Zverev is also not in the best shape, but there is enough class and especially motivation to defend points from last year. I think this is 50-50 game in worst case, so I am happy with odds for Zverev to win this game.

1 hour ago, i1_principe said:

A.Zverev to beat Tsitsipas at 2.34 with Pinnacle

Tsitsipas is in run of six consecutive wins. He won the title in Estoril last weekend, and now he has won 2 more wins against Mannarino and Verdasco. As a matter of fact during this period, he met players who are either not in the shape or far from his class. OK, Zverev is also not in the best shape, but there is enough class and especially motivation to defend points from last year. I think this is 50-50 game in worst case, so I am happy with odds for Zverev to win this game.

I think you might be dissapointed here so I'm not gonna back you on this one

8 hours ago, Torque said:

@Tennis Picks From what I've read it looks as though what you're doing is based on lots of historical data. With that in mind, I'm sure you know that 13 losers out of 16 bets means about as much as 13 winners out of 16 bets. Hypothetically of course, your ATP picks could be on the wrong side of variance at the same time as your WTA picks are on the right side. Good luck with what you're doing anyway - it's an interesting premise :ok

Yes, it's a very small sample but more I mentioned it because it's been the same for years. I have had breaks from betting and trading over time, mostly due to lack of discipline and I have always had my best results with WTA. 

That it came up again could be pure short term variance, but it keeps me thinking to all the times in the past. 

8 hours ago, four-leaf said:

What do you think about Claire Lius chances in Bonita Springs? She's facing highflying Whitney Osuigwe but there is a rainbreak in Bonita Springs right now but Claire has met Whitney in Miami round 1 last season and Claire beat her by 6-3 6-1. But that was when Whitney was 15 and about to turn 16. Now Whitney is 17 and already higher ranked than Claire ever has been after Whitneys recent success.

I think Osuigwe will take this. She's 16-3 on clay when starting as favourite. She's also 12-2 this year on the dirt. 

Liu is 2-3 on clay this year and has been fave for all of her matches. All three defeats came to players ranked 100 or 200 places below her. So with her losing as fave it would be hard to back her as an underdog. She is 2-10 when not the fave with both those wins coming on the hardcourt. 

On the upside for you @four-leaf, if you haven't backed her yet she is now 3.05 on Betfair. I will be on Osuigwe for this though I will try to get 1.5 in-play. 

Edited by Tennis Picks

59 minutes ago, Tennis Picks said:

I think Osuigwe will take this. She's 16-3 on clay when starting as favourite. She's also 12-2 this year on the dirt. 

Liu is 2-3 on clay this year and has been fave for all of her matches. All three defeats came to players ranked 100 or 200 places below her. So with her losing as fave it would be hard to back her as an underdog. She is 2-10 when not the fave with both those wins coming on the hardcourt. 

On the upside for you @four-leaf, if you haven't backed her yet she is now 3.05 on Betfair. I will be on Osuigwe for this though I will try to get 1.5 in-play. 

No I haven't backed Claire yet and I don't think I will. I'll be on Whitney just like you suggest.

Halep to beat Bencic - 1.38 on Betfair

Halep 17-1 in the last 12 months on clay, losing only in Rome final to Svitolina. She's on fire this week. 

Bencic did well to beat Osaka but Osaka is still finding her game on clay. Bencic already lost to Martic and Lottner in the last few weeks. 

Bencic is 3-7 on clay as underdog. The Osaka win was one win, with the other two coming way back in 2014.

I can't see her beating Halep here. I was tempted to get a bigger price in play but could also see this being a 6-2 6-3 easy win so didn't want to risk missing out. 

Hey tennis bettors

Did anyone watch Federer recently?  

As for Tsitsipas he is trying to finish the points the soonest- moving regularlyto the net- because clay does not suit his game. Seems that Tsitsipas and clay are not a good pair.

I am on Zverev to beat Tsitsipas @ 2.20 Bet365

15 minutes ago, delfino said:

Hey tennis bettors

Did anyone watch Federer recently?  

As for Tsitsipas he is trying to finish the points the soonest- moving regularlyto the net- because clay does not suit his game. Seems that Tsitsipas and clay are not a good pair.

I am on Zverev to beat Tsitsipas @ 2.20 Bet365

Yes i agree with that, my value radar shows the same but recent trend worries too much

Early break for Dominic, looks good. Now he just needs to hold serve four more times and then first set is on the board. It's likely that Novak can even drop serve another time in first set. He's looked pretty crappy the first points in this semi.

14 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Early break for Dominic, looks good. Now he just needs to hold serve four more times and then first set is on the board. It's likely that Novak can even drop serve another time in first set. He's looked pretty crappy the first points in this semi.

Never underestimate Nole :)

Of course he still can lose the match but that’s why he is number 1. He can beat anyone in a good day.

Opelka to beat Paire at 2.45 with Unibet

Opelka has delivered good results on clay in recent times, he has won 5 of his last 7 matches on this surface and in both of his losses during this period he managed to win a set against Thiem and Monfils. Paire won the title in Marrakech, then dropped out early in Munich and Madrid. He is a rather inconsistent player and I would never bet on him when playing the role of a favorite.

Edited by i1_principe

What do you think guys about the Madrid final?

Even if there is a good value on Tsitsipas (~3.0), I have a feeling that he will be tired to face El numero 1 (even if clay is not his favourite). As he yesterday proved against Thiem, he is able to bother a lot even better clay-courters than himself.

29 minutes ago, vvararu said:

Sounds very reasonable :ok

With some more good performances by Stefanos he should even make it to London in November as he is very mutch a contender for that and he wont be interested in the NextGen final since he already won that tournament last season. He has points in the Canada Masters final to defend and a final in Washington. I also expect some of the current top 10 players to drop points in the coming months like John Isner, J-MDP and Kevin Anderson.

12 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

With some more good performances by Stefanos he should even make it to London in November as he is very mutch a contender for that and he wont be interested in the NextGen final since he already won that tournament last season. He has points in the Canada Masters final to defend and a final in Washington. I also expect some of the current top 10 players to drop points in the coming months like John Isner, J-MDP and Kevin Anderson.

What is going on with Anderson? Have not seen him for a while. Or he does not play on clay... ?