** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Sep 1st & 2nd

Nice couple of picks there, @MangoTheThird. I've edited your posts so your font size wasn't so garishly large. Great to have you involved. Keep on posting up your thoughts. Not many people are brave enough to bet on lower league Scottish football... except for @allyhibs but he's a screw loose of a tool box! :lol

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Nice couple of picks there, @MangoTheThird. I've edited your posts so your font size wasn't so garishly large. Great to have you involved. Keep on posting up your thoughts. Not many people are brave enough to bet on lower league Scottish football... except for @allyhibs but he's a screw loose of a tool box! :lol

Thanks @StevieDay1983 . I'll keep an eye out for @allyhibs !! Haha!

I'm always chasing good odds and if that takes me up to highlands and down to the lowlands I'm happy to travel. Beautiful countryside.

Edited by MangoTheThird

Sunderland vs Oxford

Most of last season was spent backing Sunderland to lose and quite often lose convincingly. So I feel I owe it to their fans and the club as a whole to show some encouragement this season. That's why their home game against League 1 strugglers Oxford in a 3pm kick-off this Saturday is my first preview in this section.

Sunderland appear to be turning a corner after years of sliding down a slippery slope. The departure of Chris Coleman raised a few eyebrows when it seemed like he was getting to the bottom of deep-lying problems. Unfortunately, he considered the board as one of those problems and that's where their relationship broke down.

Former St Mirren gaffer Jack Ross was brought in and the Black Cats could not have wished for a much better start. 13 points from a possible 15 in their first 5 league matches has left the club 2nd in the table. 24 players have left the club over the summer with big names such as Lamine Kone, Wahbi Khazri, Joel Asoro, Callum McManaman, Jack Rodwell, Marc Wilson, Jason Steele, John O'Shea, Paddy McNair, Jeremain Lens, and Fabio Borini amongst the departures.

It's left Ross with almost a clean template and he's made quality signings after those sales. A number of eye-catching signatures included Max Power, Charlie Wyke, Glenn Loovens, Jerome Sinclair, Jack Baldwin, Chris Maguire, and Jon McLaughlin have bolstered a squad that already had talented players such as Bryan Oviedo, George Honeyman, Lynden Gooch, and Josh Maja. It's a formidable squad that wouldn't look out of place in the Championship.

It's been a tough start in League 1 for Oxford. The U's flirted with relegation last season and clearly haven't learned their lesson. Just 1 win from their first 5 league games has left Karl Robinson's team just two places off the bottom. Players that left haven't been replaced by players that could do the business.

This is going to be a very hard game for Oxford. They ended last season with just 1 win from their last 8 matches on the road. That run has extended into this season having lost their first two away games. More worrying is that Robinson's side have conceded 4 goals in both of those matches. In total, they've conceded 14 goals in 5 league games already. The 3-1 win at home to last weekend was positive and their EFL Cup form has been sold but this is a massive test. I just can't see past a comfortable win for the home side.

Sunderland -1 @ 2.37 with Bet365

Sunderland HT/FT @ 2.38 with BetVictor

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02, @Bobby Vegas, @Teodore, @Tiffy, and @sajtion. what are you all looking to bet on this weekend across these divisions? What do you think of the tips above?

Fleetwood Town v Bradford City

Fleetwood Town: no absences

Bradford City: Sean Scannell (5/0 m), Alex Jones (0/0 f)(both doubtful), Tyrell Robinson (2/0 f, suspended by the club)

Peterborough v Doncaster Rovers

Peterborough: Adam King (0/0 m)

Doncaster Rovers: Jermaine Anderson (0/0 m, loan from Peterborough), Ali Crawford (1/0 m)

Northampton v Tranmere Rovers

Northampton: Shaun McWilliams (1/0 d, doubtful)

Tranmere Rovers: Zoumana Bakayogo (2/0 d), Adam Buxton (0/0 d)(both doubtful), Jay Harris (3/0 m, suspended), Liam Ridehalgh (0/0 d), Ritchie Sutton (2/0 d), Evan Gumbs (0/0 d)

Stevenage FC v Cambridge Utd

Stevenage FC: Michael Timlin (5/1 m, suspended)

Cambridge Utd: George Taft (5/0 d), Greg Taylor (1/0 d), Harrison Dunk (3/0 m), Paul Lewis (0/0 m), Barry Corr (4/1 f)(all doubtful)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I'll ignore the frankly libellous slurs on my good self and concentrate instead on the undoubted highlight of this weekend which is;

Livingston v Hibernian.

Hibs season so far feels a bit like it's not really got going yet, what with some key players leaving, new players still bedding into the squad and also a few injuries combined with Europa League games coming thick and fast, we've not started a game yet with our strongest first choice 11 and performances have been decent but inconsistent so far. With the Europa games now finished, I thought we showed signs of improvement in last weeks draw with Aberdeen, a game I thought we were unlucky not to win.

Livingston are a difficult side to play and have started the season ok, winning last week against a poor St Mirren but I think Hibs have too much going forward for them to handle and if we play at last weeks level we should be winning this. Anything above 1.70 for the away win is value.

Hibs @ 1.80 is my bet of the day.

Stevie Mallan Anytime Scorer @ 3.40 just for fun.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Southend United has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in League One.
Charlton Athletic has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in League One.
Rochdale has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in League One.
Coventry City has under 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in League One.
Rochdale lost their last 3 games in League One.

You can find interesting 100 Football Betting Streaks for 01.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-09-2018-11102

Bradford 4.12 away at Fleetwood...tremendous odds movement toward the home side, who have gotten off to a far better start than Bradford, but these are still two sides who get better results away than at home, and Bradford own a good h2h. I'll take the value.

Cheltenham 3.82 home to Colchester. Seems value to me in a league where when they get a result, home dogs tend to win early in the season, draw late in the season.

Celtic vs Rangers

The big game this weekend is the one we've waited until last to preview and it's the Old Firm Derby with Celtic hosting bitter Glaswegian rivals Rangers at Celtic Park in a midday kick-off tomorrow. Presumably it's midday because the authorities foolishly think the fans turning up to watch won't be as boozed up as a later kick-off. Ha! Likely!

Many pundits are saying this is the first time in a while that Rangers can come into an Old Firm game with genuine hopes of taking all three points. Celtic have won 11 of the past 12 meetings between these two sides with Rangers being relegated to the old Scottish Third Division a number of years back playing a key role in that Bhoys dominance.

However, the arrival of Steve Gerrard at Ibrox has rejuvenated the club. This mixed with trouble behind the scenes at Celtic has led many to suspect things could be changing in Glasgow with a power shift imminently coming back to the blue side of the city. Could it happen this season?

In perhaps the biggest shock of the season, neither of these two teams are leading the league table. In fact, after three league games, both teams lie outside the top four. Celtic are in 5th with two wins and a loss. Rangers are in 7th with one win and two draws. A win for either side would propel them to 2nd but defeat could leave them dropping right off the early pace set by Hearts at the summit.

It is often said that the Old Firm Derby is the most passionate in the world. Both Celtic and Rangers will be happy to have reached the Europa League group stage and can look forward to European competition this side of Christmas but the league is already proving to be a cruel mistress. Is this simply a must-not-lose game for both managers? Will fear of defeat cripple the game? Or will a desperation to get back in touch with Hearts force both teams to go for the win?

My main concern here is the discipline of Rangers. Defensively, they have been brilliant but red cards have blighted their domestic and European campaigns. How can we, as punters, trust Gerrard to keep control of his players in the pressure cooker environment of Celtic Park in a game like this? I think Celtic will sneak this but the gap between the two clubs is most certainly closing again.

Celtic to Win & BTTS @ 3.45 with 888Sport

Anytime Scorer: Scott Sinclair @ 3.00 with MarathonBet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Rangers ended draw their last 3 games in Premiership.
Rangers ended draw their last 3 away games in Premiership.
Celtic scored in last 8 home games in Premiership.
Rangers scored in last 5 games in Premiership.
Rangers scored in last 4 away games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 94 Football Betting Streaks for 02.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-09-2018-11113

11 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Celtic vs Rangers

The big game this weekend is the one we've waited until last to preview and it's the Old Firm Derby with Celtic hosting bitter Glaswegian rivals Rangers at Celtic Park in a midday kick-off tomorrow. Presumably it's midday because the authorities foolishly think the fans turning up to watch won't be as boozed up as a later kick-off. Ha! Likely!

Many pundits are saying this is the first time in a while that Rangers can come into an Old Firm game with genuine hopes of taking all three points. Celtic have won 11 of the past 12 meetings between these two sides with Rangers being relegated to the old Scottish Third Division a number of years back playing a key role in that Bhoys dominance.

However, the arrival of Steve Gerrard at Ibrox has rejuvenated the club. This mixed with trouble behind the scenes at Celtic has led many to suspect things could be changing in Glasgow with a power shift imminently coming back to the blue side of the city. Could it happen this season?

In perhaps the biggest shock of the season, neither of these two teams are leading the league table. In fact, after three league games, both teams lie outside the top four. Celtic are in 5th with two wins and a loss. Rangers are in 7th with one win and two draws. A win for either side would propel them to 2nd but defeat could leave them dropping right off the early pace set by Hearts at the summit.

It is often said that the Old Firm Derby is the most passionate in the world. Both Celtic and Rangers will be happy to have reached the Europa League group stage and can look forward to European competition this side of Christmas but the league is already proving to be a cruel mistress. Is this simply a must-not-lose game for both managers? Will fear of defeat cripple the game? Or will a desperation to get back in touch with Hearts force both teams to go for the win?

My main concern here is the discipline of Rangers. Defensively, they have been brilliant but red cards have blighted their domestic and European campaigns. How can we, as punters, trust Gerrard to keep control of his players in the pressure cooker environment of Celtic Park in a game like this? I think Celtic will sneak this but the gap between the two clubs is most certainly closing again.

Celtic to Win & BTTS @ 3.45 with 888Sport

Anytime Scorer: Scott Sinclair @ 3.00 with MarathonBet

Celtic v Rangers is always an early kick off in an attempt to reduce the drunken violence that blights the fixture, it works to an extent at the game but it leads to an all day drinking session all over the country, especially in the West. A & E departments are as busy as New Years Eve and arrests for domestic violence and common assaults go through the roof. It's absolute carnage.

Also, Rangers weren't relegated. They were liquidated because of their debts, they ceased to exist. They formed as a new club and were allowed entry into the 4th tier of Scottish football, it should've been the bottom tier, the 7th. Everyone knows this is what happened, only Rangers, their fans and their media lapdogs spin the lies of relegation.

Anyhow, onto todays Battle of the Bigots;

Celtic look weaker than last season, for whatever reason they've not spent any money to strengthen over the summer and their fans are genuinely worried that their bitter rivals have caught up with them, Gerrard has been given a fortune to spend and it looks like he's spent it well, the Rangers squad looks like it has some real quality in there. 

Both teams to score looks like a good shout but If you're looking to back an outright result then the away win is where the value lies, with the form Celtic are in they shouldn't be as short as they are. However, I don't think Rangers can go to Parkhead and win, for reasons that you highlighted yourself, discipline.

When you have a team full of players like Morelos, who just doesn't seem able to control himself and the complete and utter dickhead that is Kyle Lafferty ( the dicks' dick ) then the chances are you'll be short in numbers on the pitch and fighting an uphill battle. If Rangers can keep their discipline they can get at least a point here but my bet will be;

Red Card in Match - Yes @ 2.50.