** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Apr 10th & 11th

champratings.jpg

It's a midweek round of matches in the Championship coming up. Some key clashes with promotion and relegation issues hotting up. I'll look to get a preview for the Cardiff game up at some point over the next couple of days. I'm very nervous now! Let me know your thoughts ahead of these vital games. :ok

So, I'll be honest. I was terrified to post anything about the weekend fixtures because of the top of the table clash. Understandably I now feel a lot better (Sorry Stevie!). That was one hell of a ride we were put through and I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in all my days watching football!

How are you feeling about promotion now @StevieDay1983? At first I feared for Cardiff because of Fulham's run in comparison but having had a think about tomorrow I think you will beat Villa and are a good price to do so. Villa look seriously deflated to me and I watched the other night against Norwich and they let themselves down. They now need to prepare for the playoff's in my opinion and forget about automatic positions. The last thing they need is a high intensity, injury hitting game against Cardiff and I have a feeling you'll sneak this and keep the pressure on Fulham to keep up their amazing performance levels (though I really can't see them slipping up, either).

I'm not going to lie, @PokerWolf1, I wasn't surprised by the result. I've considered Wolves the best team in the division all season. Yes, you've had money to spend but that never guarantees success. I'm not having fans of other teams discrediting your success because of your financial backing. I mean, Fulham have brought in players such as Mitrovic! He should never be playing in the Championship. We've spent £6 million on a single player. It's all fair game.

Our game tomorrow is huge but I think no matter what happens we will still give it our all for the remaining games. If we do that and we still don't make it then I can handle that. What I couldn't stomach was the bottle jobs under the Dave Jones era where players were going out down Cardiff Bay the night before a massive game with Middlesbrough and then getting hammered on the pitch costing us promotion. This current squad and Neil Warnock have really breathed new life into the club after the disappointing years under Solskjaer, Slade, and Trollope.

Still, we are a grounded team and a humble fan base. We've been at the very bottom of the league structure. We've been on the verge of financial collapse. We appreciate it all provided the players give their all. I hate betting on Cardiff but I am now required to as part of this Punters Lounge stuff (thanks @Sir Puntalot:lol). I never feel comfortable backing my own team to achieve things that feel unlikely or impossible. However, I feel I would be doing an injustice to our players if I said I didn't back them to finish this job. So I am going to back them because they deserve that faith! Starting with Aston Villa tomorrow! I'll complete my analysis of the odds tonight and get a preview up tomorrow morning.

Congratulations on your imminent promotion as well! :cheers

Aston Villa v Cardiff City

Aston Villa: Alan Hutton (27/0 d), Andre Green (5/1 m), Jed Steer (0/0 g), Chris Samba (10/1 d)

Cardiff City: Joe Ralls (33/7 m, doubtful), Jazz Richards (6/0 d), Danny Ward (18/4 f)

Bristol City v Birmingham City

Bristol City: Hordur Magnússon (23/0 d), Matty Taylor (15/0 f)(both doubtful)

Birmingham City: Craig Gardner (22/2 m, probably in), Sam Gallagher (30/6 f, top scorer, doubtful), Che Adams (27/3 m, suspended), Isaac Vassell (9/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Preston conceded at least one goal in each of their last 9 home games in Championship.
Millwall have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 away games in Championship.
Sunderland conceded at least one goal in each of their last 6 home games in Championship.
Leeds Utd have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 away games in Championship.
Fulham have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 9 home games in Championship.

You can find interesting 84 Football Betting Streaks for 10.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-04-2018-9124

Bolton v Millwall: Millwall win @ 1.95

Millwall are on a great run of form at the moment and are unbeaten in their last 15 league games. This run has taken them to the edge of the play Offs. Bolton have lost their last 3 league games which has seen them drop back into the relegation zone. Millwall have not beaten Bolton in their last 8 attempts going back to 2012 however I believe they have hit form at just the right time and can end that run with a win tonight.

50 minutes ago, silver fox said:

Bolton v Millwall: Millwall win @ 1.95

Millwall are on a great run of form at the moment and are unbeaten in their last 15 league games. This run has taken them to the edge of the play Offs. Bolton have lost their last 3 league games which has seen them drop back into the relegation zone. Millwall have not beaten Bolton in their last 8 attempts going back to 2012 however I believe they have hit form at just the right time and can end that run with a win tonight.

Yeah, that's a really good shout. The Millwall bandwagon keeps on rolling. If this match had been a month ago then I'd be expecting Bolton to possibly take something from it but they are hitting a rough patch at totally the wrong time. The pressure will be even worse this week. I've also found that relegation candidates often play worse at home because they can feel the tension of the home fans and the supporters are quick to get on the players backs as the pressure increases. Away teams often take points in matches like this.

Aston Villa vs Cardiff

Well, the Championship promotion race is really hotting up now. There is a pivotal match at Villa Park this evening in a 7:45pm kick-off when 4th placed Aston Villa take on 2nd placed Cardiff. A defeat for either side could really derail their automatic promotion hopes or even end them. However, a victory could put the cat amongst the pigeons.

The home defeat to Wolves was a massive disappointment for us Cardiff fans. I know this sounds strange but I think the two missed penalties hurt us more than the actual loss. Our fans are naturally quite pessimistic because we are a club that has bottle jobbed things so many times. Nerves appear to have kicked in a bit. That said, never before have I seen our fans have such confidence in the work rate and attitude of our squad and manager.

I'm not really sure what Villa side is going to turn up. They have become one of the most inconsistent clubs in the top six. One game they look invincible and the next they look like a team that is clueless. Their home record is very decent this season and that's a worry for me.

Cardiff have confirmed that Callum Paterson is likely to miss the game but there could be positive news with Joe Ralls potentially returning to the squad. We've missed him lately. Villa will possibly give Jonathan Kodjia his first start since returning from injury too. I did notice the Villa fans weren't happy with his performance last game though.

This is a tough one for me to call. My heart is hoping beyond hope we can take all 3 points. I think if we do then it shows our lads have the character and will to get promoted automatically. I just think Villa have so much quality and depth that taking a point would be a good result for us. A draw I can realistically see happening but I just have this nagging feeling that Villa will sneak the win. Once again, I hope I'm wrong.

BTTS @ 1.91 with William Hill

Draw @ 3.40 with Coral

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, and @the bastardian, what do you guys think of my prediction? Is my heart clouding my head?

these are really tough fixtures to call. i think i am going to sit on the fence for this round and avoid suggesting my accumulators. i'm just going to say this; fulham should win but reading could cause problems and i can see them scoring,  birmingham can get a draw tonight. they have been  tight defensively in recent games but they don't seem good enough to me to win outright and they are plenty of games to avoid. i am fearful of travelling sides. they always seem to do better in these midweek clashes. one goal for unfancied away side can ruin it all so i prefer to skip. good luck to all others 

Amazing, just was looking through records and saw that as a home favorite of under 2.00 since joining the Championship, Preston are 2-10-1. I’d considered taking the draw today, but this incredible info has actually put me off.

Theyve had five matches in recent years, with Leeds winning two and drawing three. With Preston 1-0-4 in their last five it makes me wonder whether Leeds at 4.76 isn’t a better bet.

Absolutely gutted about tonight's game. My tips were denied by a stunning performance by Sam Johnstone. Can't believe we've come away from that game with nothing.

Wolves have a chance to take a step onto the verge of promotion tomorrow night. I think they should be backed for the win even at 1.61. I think Derby might start to pick up their form after their bad spell but I still think Wolves and Fulham have been the two best sides we've played this season. I'd even back Wolves to win to nil at 2.40.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Wolverhampton have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton have scored the opening goal in 71% of their matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 6 home matches in Championship.
Derby County have scored in 75% of their away matches in Championship.
Derby County have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 79 Football Betting Streaks for 11.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-04-2018-9137

Despite Derby having a bit of an upturn I would be amazed if Wolves didn't 'finish' the job one way or another tonight. Actually expect it to be a BTTS match and a bit of a scrap so would not be surprised to see a few cards flying around (something we have been synonymous with this season). Winning this would set up a chance of guaranteed promotion at home against rivals Birmingham and potentially even wrap the title up as well. It is almost unthinkable to a Wolves fan that we won't get that opportunity so I fully expect all guns blazing tonight for the chance. 

BTTS: 1/1

18 hours ago, PokerWolf1 said:

Despite Derby having a bit of an upturn I would be amazed if Wolves didn't 'finish' the job one way or another tonight. Actually expect it to be a BTTS match and a bit of a scrap so would not be surprised to see a few cards flying around (something we have been synonymous with this season). Winning this would set up a chance of guaranteed promotion at home against rivals Birmingham and potentially even wrap the title up as well. It is almost unthinkable to a Wolves fan that we won't get that opportunity so I fully expect all guns blazing tonight for the chance. 

BTTS: 1/1

The prediction might not have been right but I'm sure you won't care after that win! You could seal promotion against your rivals now. What a way to go up that would be! I can't stand Garry Monk so hope you do it!

47 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

The prediction might not have been right but I'm sure you won't care after that win! You could seal promotion against your rivals now. What a way to go up that would be! I can't stand Garry Monk so hope you do it!

I am more than thrilled! I am very surprised how little Derby offered up front considering Burton and Hull have both managed to breach us recently at home and Derby have the leagues top scorer, but as you say I'm not bothered haha

I really can't stand Birmingham and would love to seal it against them. Actually rooting for a Fulham win before hand so we get the chance to!