Non-League Predictions > Dec 23rd

StevieDay1983

nationalleague.jpg

nationalleaguenorth.jpg

nationalleaguesouth.jpg

npl.jpg

ipd.jpg

slp.jpg

It's a full non-league fixture schedule this weekend. It's a shame the bookies still aren't offering odds on Merthyr Town games. They grabbed a precious point in midweek! Bookies could have made a killing! :lol

Anyway, what are you guys looking to bet on from these matches coming up this weekend?

Seems to be some generous odds on a few games this weekend

Eastleigh at 5/1 away at Daggers. Hessenthaler is charge for his first game, he does like passing football, will be interesting to see and at those odds worth a small 1 pt punt

Chester at 11/4 away at Halifax who've only won once in eight at home, at nearly 3/1 its worth a risky 1pt. 

Leyton Orient 12/5 away v Maidstone who I think are very inconsistent at home and up against a good new manager 1pt

Team news and Darren usually put a dampener on my selections 

1 hour ago, doverwhite said:

Seems to be some generous odds on a few games this weekend

Eastleigh at 5/1 away at Daggers. Hessenthaler is charge for his first game, he does like passing football, will be interesting to see and at those odds worth a small 1 pt punt

Chester at 11/4 away at Halifax who've only won once in eight at home, at nearly 3/1 its worth a risky 1pt. 

Leyton Orient 12/5 away v Maidstone who I think are very inconsistent at home and up against a good new manager 1pt

Team news and Darren usually put a dampener on my selections 

Lol! To be honest I don't fancy anything in the National League this weekend. My feeling is Eastleigh's issues are more than a change of manager fix, but it probably is a bigger price than I would make them. The Halifax/Chester game has the same sort of feel when I backed Eastleigh at Halifax the other week. Again I would probably have Chester shorter, but not a game I want to get involved in. My concern about Orient is their dreadful 3G pitch record this season. Granted they won on one in the Trophy last week, but beating an injury torn Harringay 2-1 is hardly proof that they can suddenly play on one. If it was on a grass pitch though I probably would have taking the price. I will keep an eye on the prices though because if they got any bigger it would be too big not to risk a small bet on.

The last Saturday before Christmas and it would be great to tip up a few bets to try and get the celebrations off to a good start. Sadly as I allude to above I don't fancy a great deal this week and I only have a couple of bets, although one is a pretty strong one.

Eastbourne v Havant & Waterlooville

I am going to oppose Eastbourne again here. Granted they made Braintree work hard for their 3 points a couple of weeks ago, but I still think they are struggling side. As I mentioned last week when talking about Havant's FA Trophy game against Billericay their away form is superb this season. St Albans are the only team to have hosted them and beaten them in the league this season. They did lose 3-1 to Billericay in the end last week, but they sounded pretty unlucky and it says plenty when the home sides goalkeeper got the man of the match award. I think Havant can bounce back and gain another 3 points on their travels and they look a good price at 13/10 with Marathon.

Worthing v Thurrock

Having put Worthing up a couple of times in recent weeks it was annoying that they finally put their good performances into wins when I wasn't on them. They have won their last two and it was a cracking win at Folkestone in their last league game. Thurrock's away form is hopeless having won one and losing their other 8 away games. That includes a shocking 4-1 defeat at Tooting last weekend. Given that and Worthing's improvement of last I think the home side are well worth a bet at 11/8 with BetVictor.

Havant 3pts

Worthing 1.5pts

Hopefully everyone has a good Christmas and I will be back at some point on with all the Boxing Day bets as the action comes thick and fast between now and New Years Day.