Serie A Predictions > Dec 22nd & 23rd

italyratings.jpg

It's the final round of Serie A games before Christmas. Juventus versus Roma is the stand-out tie this weekend. Let's put our heads together, produce some tips, and see if we can smash a few big winners heading into the festive period! :ok

@TastesLikeTuna, @discipline@Icongene, @betcatalog, @jamiedavies02, @Pipoca@sajtion, @Vcg2007, @chris666, @WinningAdvice, @yoju82, @DrBetter, @KingSoccertips, @CloughandTaylor, @Punki85, @DW_United, @KikoCy, @vasilli07. @Simeon Borisof, @Simeone, @fat, @HastGill1, @clubgowi, @MPLouis, @Kumanovac, @AF13, @Jase82, @TOTTI3, @azzurini1976, @Mindfulness, @amygdalate, @thegeneral55, @scommetix, @Kripp222, and @TotoSchillaci.

AC Milan V Atalanta

Atalanta +0.25 AH @ 1.80 Paddy Power

The metrics between these two teams are extremely close so I cannot understand why Atalanta are priced as underdogs in this situation. Milan +0 line is around 1.75 while Atalanta +0 line is 2.20??? this makes no sense to me. Milan are in a very difficult moment having just been thrashed in Verona and rumours are circulating that Gattuso has tried (unsuccessfully) to hand in his resignation. His team will be without key forward Suso who is suspended for the visit of Atalanta which can only add to the problems of the rossoneri.

Atalanta are a decent side and on paper can match Milan here. The ELO ratings gives Gasperini's team nearly a half goal advantage heading into this game and clearly they are ahead in terms of spirit level and confidence aswell.

So plain sailing then? Well no, there is a catch to this selection. Atalanta will have to play in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday whereas Milan will have a full weeks rest so this complicates matters slightly. However, I still do not think this is enough to justify Atalanta's price for the trip to Milan. I will monitor Atalanta's cup exploits this week and post again if I feel we need to hedge or lay off the selection.

Udinese V Hellas Verona

Hellas Verona +1.0 AH @ 1.71 Betvictor

Hellas have picked up recently with only 1 defeat in their last 4 league games and surely the margin of victory over Milan last week would have given them a lot of confidence. I can't say I'm suprised by an upturn in form as Fabio Pecchia is a good coach and his team are now beginning to believe.

Udinese have also been on a good run since the appointment of Massimo Oddo which includes an impressive victory at Inter in the last round. I just feel that Hellas can make life difficult for Udinese in this situation as this is a match the home team is expected to win and so the pressure is on them to make the game. Generally speaking I see Udinese as a disruptor rather than a constructor and so I prefer to oppose them in matches like these. Looking at the metrics we can see that Udinese have a marginal advantage in most areas but not so much that it justifies Hellas being available on the +1 asian line here. The ELO ratings are clearly favourable to the away side with Hellas having a 1.5 goal advantage over the last 2 games which is a significant margin.

The only issues we have going into this match are the absence of midfielder Buchel for Hellas while forward Cerci is an injury doubt. On the flipside, Udinese have to play at Napoli in the cup tonight so they will have less recovery / preparation time for the match against Hellas.

Ultimately I feel the Hellas Verona price is a bit too generous given the circumstances so I will back the away side on the +1 AH line here.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie B

Avellino have drawn 86% of their last 7 games in Serie B.
Ascoli Picchio FC 1898 have won their last 7 home games against Pescara in all competitions.
Cesena have drawn their last 3 home games against Palermo in all competitions.

You can find interesting 67 Football Betting Streaks for 21.12.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-21-12-2017

Chievo Verona v Bologna FC

ChievoVerona: Castro (13/2 m), Meggiorini (8/0 f)

Bologna FC: Palacio (13/2 f), Di Francesco (9/1 f)

Cagliari Calcio v Fiorentina

Cagliari Calcio: Cigarini (16/0 m, suspended), Dessena (9/0 m)

Fiorentina: no absences

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Cagliari's last 5 home games in Serie A.
Fiorentina have drawn their last 3 away games in Serie A.
Chievo have failed to score in their last 3 games in Serie A.
Fiorentina have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 55 Football Betting Streaks for 22.12.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-22-12-2017

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

Roma are undefeated in their last 14 away games in Serie A.
Juventus have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 games in Serie A.
Benevento have failed to win their last 17 games in Serie A.
Juventus have won their last 7 home games against Roma in all competitions.

You can find interesting 67 Football Betting Streaks for 23.12.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-23-12-2017