** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Non League Predictions > Nov 20th & 21st

Darran

Saturday continued the good run of form with 4 of the 7 bets winning including the two strongest selections as well as Bradford at 3/1. Not as many games on Tuesday, but I actually have 7 bets again so hopefully it will see similar (or better) results.

Maidstone v Boreham Wood

I don't often tip up the draw, but this game really does look like it has draw written all over it. The basic stats show that Maidstone have drawn 6 games at home in the league this season and lost just once. Boreham Wood on the other hand have drawn 5 of their away league games and lost just twice. Both sides come into the game in good form as well with Maidstone losing just one of their last ten and Boreham Wood unbeaten in their last 8 league games having drawn 6 of them including their last 4. I think Luke Gerrard sets his side up to not concede away from home as was shown on Saturday when they stifled Macclesfield in a 0-0 draw. Given Maidstone have the advantage of a 3G pitch it is odd their away form is stronger than their home form. Like I say they have only lost once, but to have drawn 6 will have disappointed Jay Saunders as he pointed out on Saturday after the 1-1 draw with Solihull. At 13/5 with Bet365 a draw looks the value play.

Woking v Ebbsfleet

Woking might be through to the FA Cup 2nd Round, but their league form has taken a dip lately. They have only picked up 2 points in their last five games although they have to take a bit of credit to have picked up a draw on Saturday against Maidenhead. They could only name 3 subs and young keeper Sam Mason had his first start in senior football. They were probably lucky to face a Maidenhead side who aren't really firing at the moment and they picked up a point in a 1-1 draw. To go again on Tuesday night could be tough especially as Ebbsfleet should offer more of an attacking threat than Maidenhead. They lost 2-0 to Wrexham on Saturday, but that will have been one of their hardest away games of the season and Wrexham are so hard to break down. Ebbsfleet may have only picked up 1 point in their last 3 away games but they had to play Macclesfield and Sutton as well as Wrexham so Woking are certainly easier opponents than those three. All in all I would have the away side a little shorter than the 13/8 they currently are with Bet365.

Bognor Regis Town v Oxford City

So finally Bognor won their first game since August 15th on Saturday when the beat St Albans 2-1. To be fair they had played well in the defeat to Hampton so it did suggest a win might not have been to far away. The problem is they face an Oxford City side who are really finding their stride. Their manager had said earlier in the season that he was sick to death with opposition managers telling him how well they had played despite not winning the game. Beating Colchester in the FA Cup seems to have kick started their season as they have won both league games since then beating Chelmsford and Wealdstone, who were suffering their first defeat in 9 league games. That was obviously a top effort and they could well be a side to keep on the right side off in the near future. Marathon's 103/50 on an away win is well worth taking.

East Thurrock v Gloucester City

It might seem odd making a team who lost 4-1 in their last game my Nap of the evening, but having been at the game the scoreline in no way represented what happened on the pitch. Gloucester should have had a penalty early on as the defender made a great save in the box, but the ref was the only person in the whole ground who didn't spot it. Given he might well have sent him off as well that decision had a big influence on the game. Gloucester had numerous really good chances throughout and even at 4-0 they had enough to have got a point out of the match. The City manager said after the game that keep playing like that and they will hammer a side at some point. Hopefully the players take plenty of confidence from the performance which was superb and the way they kept battling even when 4 down was pleasing to see. If they can play like they did on Saturday here they should pick up the 3 points. As I mentioned at the weekend East Thurrock's good start to the season seems a distant memory and they were defeated yet again on Saturday. That is now 4 loses on the bounce and 8 league games without a win. I think the fact Gloucester lost 4-1 on Saturday has helped make the price bigger than it might have been and certainly bigger than it should be. For that reason I make them the Naps.

Banbury v Slough

Slough have failed to win just 3 league games so far this season and they have reached the 2nd Round of the FA Cup. Worth pointing out as well that they played Kettering in 2 of those games so only a surprising defeat to St Neots has been the one bad result of the season. They have got loads of goals in them and have scored 46 in 15 league games. Banbury started the season well, but it hasn't been going so well of late. They have won just twice in their last 9 games and they came against Gosport and Dorchester so both games they would have been expected to win. Also after winning their first two home games of the season they have only picked up 2 points in the following 7 home games. Odds against on Slough looks a cracking bet.

Redditch v Frome

Frome are in cracking form at the moment and had won 5 on the bounce prior to the 2-2 draw with St Ives at the weekend. Now on the face of it that was a disappointing effort, but they came from 2 down and they had chances to win the game as well. I think given the slow start they will be happy to have picked up a point in the circumstances. It has been 6 league games since Redditch last tasted victory. To be fair they have only lost one game at home in the league this season, but they have had a fairly kind fixture list on the whole and with the form Frome are in at the moment I think they are well worth backing at 2/1 with Marathon/Bet365.

Lowestoft v Leatherhead

I don't have too much to add to the Lowestoft story from what I have written before or what Londonhibs has written below. I will say though that they have got a couple of young defenders in on loan today from Southend although they lost a defender who has got a new job in London so can't play anymore. I put up Leatherhead as ante-post bet so was surprised when they hit such bad form in the league in the last few weeks. Having watched them on Thursday when the beat Billericay they backed up why I put them up as a bet and made me wonder how they they had been in such bad form. They were superb last week and crucially they backed it up on Sunday when beating Wingate 4-0. Given the goals all came in the first half they didn't have that hard a game and it seems like Oxford City, that the FA Cup is going to help their league performances. Travelling to Lowestoft isn't ideal on a Tuesday night and their only league away win was their first away game of the season. The only other point they have picked up was against bottom side Worthing. That does worry me slightly, but given all the issues at Lowestoft they really ought to be winning this.

The other 5 previews to follow but the tips are below

Maidstone v Boreham Wood 1pt draw @ 13/5 with Bet365

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 13/8 with Bet365

Oxford City 1pt @ 103/50 with Marathon

Gloucester City 2.5pts @ 113/50 with Marathon

Slough 2pts@ 11/10 with Bet365

Frome 1pt @ 2/1 with Marathon/Bet365

Leatherhead 2pts @ 29/20 with BetVictor

Edited by Darran

A wee bit of info regarding the LTFC/Leatherhead match, Darran.

The LTFC centre-back, Travis Cole is suspended for this match and they are scratching around for defenders. Jacek Zielonka was suspended on Saturday and they brought in Adam Smith (who was probably finished as a player 3 seasons ago). Zielonka played (ineffectively) as a left full-back down at Thurrock last Tuesday and was all over the shop. He's available again on Tuesday.

Dale Brooks was interviewed on BBC Radio Suffolk after the match on Saturday and has stated that they are in desperate need of loanees - I'm not sure who or where they are coming from, but Lowestoft basically don't have a defense and the keeper is keeping the scorelines respectable.

It pains me to say it, but LTFC are the poorest side in this division. I'll pay you in to Champions Hill at the weekend so you can see for yourself!

I'm on the Leatherhead HT/FT @ 3/1 on Tuesday.

nonleagueodds.jpg

nonleagueodds1.jpg

nonleagueodds2.jpg

Cheers for getting this up quickly, Darran. I'm just catching up with everything now after a weekend away. Here are the odds for these midweek non-league games. Excuse the single Saturday game. Forgot to cut it out. Consider it a cheeky preview of the weekend games! :lol

Just to add two cents, very sad what's going on at Merthyr Town again. The board of directors have deceived the fans about finances and left the club up the river just years after the club made a return from the brink of extinction. 80% of the playing staff have now left. In my opinion, it's key the club keeps Gavin Williams at the helm if they are to get through this. They need the help of local clubs. Even just offering players on loan for 0% of wage contribution would go a long way. The Martyrs got hammered on the weekend due to needing to play their entire youth side. I expect this will continue until things get sorted. There is a meeting soon where things will be discussed. It's a shame because it felt like the club was going from strength-to-strength. Only takes the selfish deception of a couple of individuals to bring everything to its knees.

To summarise, stay clear of backing Merthyr for the foreseeable future! :@

One game tonight in the Bostik (most bookies still call it the Ryman) Isthmian Premier League as Billericay Town travel to Kingstonian - actually we are returning to Leatherhead's ground for the second time in two days as that is where Kingstonian are currently based.
Billericay, still smarting after their cup exit last week won their league game two days later 4-2 at Harlow and are now set to play their 5th game in 9 days.
Undoubtedly, they are the champions elect and the team that everyone wants to beat. On the road they have played 6 and won 5 of them with - each win totalling over 2.5 goals.
They do have defensive frailties at the back having kept only 2 clean sheets in those six games against 14th & 20th placed teams.
Centre back Robert Swaine's red card in the cup replay doesn't kick in yet however Kingstonian do have a suspension at the back in Gough.
Billericay's forward line has a lot of poke with Cunnington, Robinson and Theophanous and should prevail again this evening.
Of Kingstonian's seven home games all but one - first game of the season - have been over 2.5 goals.
They have won 4 times against 19th, 23rd, 10th & 12th placed opposition and lost twice to Leatherhead (17th) (landlords) and 4th placed Metropolitan Police.
Only two bookies have priced up match result and over 2.5 goals - PaddyPower at 2.20 and Betfred at 2.15.
I am restricted at PaddyPower and they let me invest 0.4 point and I am gubbed at Betfred so I took a trip to the local office and handed over 0.6 point and got evens.
Tonight's bet is one point on Billericay win and over 2.5 goals in total.
Good luck if you decide to play.

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Just to add two cents, very sad what's going on at Merthyr Town again. The board of directors have deceived the fans about finances and left the club up the river just years after the club made a return from the brink of extinction. 80% of the playing staff have now left. In my opinion, it's key the club keeps Gavin Williams at the helm if they are to get through this. They need the help of local clubs. Even just offering players on loan for 0% of wage contribution would go a long way. The Martyrs got hammered on the weekend due to needing to play their entire youth side. I expect this will continue until things get sorted. There is a meeting soon where things will be discussed. It's a shame because it felt like the club was going from strength-to-strength. Only takes the selfish deception of a couple of individuals to bring everything to its knees.

To summarise, stay clear of backing Merthyr for the foreseeable future! :@

I will be amazed if another Merthyr game gets priced up this season after Saturday.

2 hours ago, murther said:
One game tonight in the Bostik (most bookies still call it the Ryman) Isthmian Premier League as Billericay Town travel to Kingstonian - actually we are returning to Leatherhead's ground for the second time in two days as that is where Kingstonian are currently based.
Billericay, still smarting after their cup exit last week won their league game two days later 4-2 at Harlow and are now set to play their 5th game in 9 days.
Undoubtedly, they are the champions elect and the team that everyone wants to beat. On the road they have played 6 and won 5 of them with - each win totalling over 2.5 goals.
They do have defensive frailties at the back having kept only 2 clean sheets in those six games against 14th & 20th placed teams.
Centre back Robert Swaine's red card in the cup replay doesn't kick in yet however Kingstonian do have a suspension at the back in Gough.
Billericay's forward line has a lot of poke with Cunnington, Robinson and Theophanous and should prevail again this evening.
Of Kingstonian's seven home games all but one - first game of the season - have been over 2.5 goals.
They have won 4 times against 19th, 23rd, 10th & 12th placed opposition and lost twice to Leatherhead (17th) (landlords) and 4th placed Metropolitan Police.
Only two bookies have priced up match result and over 2.5 goals - PaddyPower at 2.20 and Betfred at 2.15.
I am restricted at PaddyPower and they let me invest 0.4 point and I am gubbed at Betfred so I took a trip to the local office and handed over 0.6 point and got evens.
Tonight's bet is one point on Billericay win and over 2.5 goals in total.
Good luck if you decide to play.

You get on in play on Sky Bet now 

As predicted, Lowestoft have signed 2 loanees prior to tomorrows match; both from Southend. Nico Cotton returns for his 2nd spell (didn't do hellish much 1st time around) and the other is a work-experience lad called Daniel Humphreys, who is an 18 year old right-back.

They (LTFC) still only have 3 recognised defenders and I wouldn't pick one of them in any starting XI.

Despite falling one short last night my bio-rhythms are very good and am happy to put up another suggestion in tonight's non league fixtures.
Nothing has changed in my opinion of Wingate & Finchley and if the bookies' prices offer value then I am more than happy to continue to oppose them.
They have now lost six straight on the road (11th, 13th, 10th, 4th, 9th & 17th) and although tonight's opponents are a relatively short distance with a local derby match at Enfield Town in the Bostik (Ryman) Isthmian Premier League I can only see another defeat.
Enfield, like Leatherhead, have games in hand and perhaps show a false position in the league.
They are yet to lose at home this season in the league having drawn 3 (3rd, 4th & 8th) and won 4 (23rd, 6th, 7th & 20th).
I know stats are there to be broken but I am just reminding that WIngate have not scored an away 2nd half goal since August Bank Holiday Monday.
The home team have scored in every one of their home games and have scored in both halves is 4 out of their 7 games
Enfield have recently welcomed back into their fold Liam Hope, their record goalscorer and has been training with the squad. The club website has intimated that he may play some part this evening along with in-form striker Simon Thomas.
This forum promotes a cautious approach so if you wish to invest on this game you can take the draw no bet option at around 1.80.
I have taken the straight home win at 2.33 with Sporting Bet but I am severely restricted their too, so Skybet at 2.30 is my marker but you can get 2.38 at Bet Victor if you are not on their naughty list - I am.

22 hours ago, LondonHibs said:

As predicted, Lowestoft have signed 2 loanees prior to tomorrows match; both from Southend. Nico Cotton returns for his 2nd spell (didn't do hellish much 1st time around) and the other is a work-experience lad called Daniel Humphreys, who is an 18 year old right-back.

They (LTFC) still only have 3 recognised defenders and I wouldn't pick one of them in any starting XI.

Cotten isn't actually available tonight as it turns out

Extremely fishy that both players, one being the manager, got sent off within 16 minutes. Both for 2 yellow cards. Both miss a Surrey Senior Cup game in a single game ban... You could say it was poor to get sent off or you could say that the actions of 2 individuals acting of their own accord ensured the outcome of a football game. Potentially extremely profitable for the both of them (and whatever syndicate contacted them), with little impact on future games.

No evidence. Just giving my 2 cents

If they did it on purpose, why didnt they wait until the 89'th minute to get a second yellow? No way they would get sent of on purpose like that. Probably just a moment of madness, or a case of poor refereeing.

Edited by dawwe92

Just now, dawwe92 said:

If they did it on purpose, why didnt they wait until the 89'th minute to get a second yellow? No way they would get sent of on purpose like that. Probably just a moment of madness.

If you get sent off in the 89th minute, you don't lose the game... The league is so low that you can't bet on cards/sendings off. I don't think you understood my point

No betting movements suggest it was a fixed game. They risked missing the fa cup match and are very lucky that they can play a county cup game however should that get called off then they will miss the fa cup tie. I’m not naive to suggest match fixing doesn’t take place and I know of one match where did happen but I’m as certain as can be that didn’t happen here. I’d be fairly certain both players didn’t even realise it would only be the county cup game they would miss.