Non-League Predictions > Oct 2nd - 4th

doverwhite

Glad I dodged a bullet this weekend. I wasnt entirely convinced about making a case for any of the matches in the NL, and did think that there were too many potential draws and uncertainty in a lot of them.  I did do my 12fold acca which was a 2mil/1 chance. Ha I only hit two of them.

Solihull Moors v Ebbsfleet @11/10 I saw Solihull  this weekend where they lost 1 nil and was not especially impressed with them. They created little, two free kicks which didnt hit the target and only one actual shot on target. Indeed even when Dover sat back to protect their lead, Solihull gave the ball away repeatedly in the buildup. Their GK's distribution was awful, I counted three times from open play or goal kicks, it went straight out of play. Relegation material? Too early to say, however I think I've seen a side who are going down on that performance. 
I was listening to the local radio on the way back from the match and they thought Ebbsfleet could be the dark horses of this league, are they? Well they've only been beaten once so far but have drawn nine, crucially for them though the injuries are clearing up in defence and this has been reflected in the recent three clean sheets, indeed reading a report McMahon by his own admission is a attacking manager but knows, that keeping them out is crucial in winning matches. He did feel his side should of had a couple more.
I hope Magri, who is a Maltese international is allowed to play Tuesday, he'll be a big miss if away, but I beleive the Fleet will have too much for Moors, 
Away 11/10 2pts
--
Chester 5/4 v Woking  In a way I was pleased Chesters game on Saturday was called off. Not only was I uncertain which way the match would go, but it gives Bignott more time to get his ideas across, and indeed they will have fresher legs, as I've said previously Chester will now gather more points on a more consistant basis and winning home games is key to that.
Woking are in the same mini league as there opponents middle to bottom third of the table, they've had a few good weeks now, a rather lucky win v Sutton, a hard fought win @ Fylde and a good point v Hartlepool Its a long trip for Woking on a Tuesday night against a side who will be beginning to believe in themselves again. 
Home 5/4 1pt

Monday's fare (2nd October 2017) has just the one game in the Evostik Northern when Stourbridge return to league action after their 3-1 win in the FA Cup over 9 men Alfreton.

Their opponents are Coalville Town who suffered a 3-2 reverse at home after a going on a six match unbeaten run.

Both teams are well placed in the league and should the home team prevail they may well go top.

Stourbridge have scored in the first 45 minutes in all but two of their home games. Those two games were a 0-2 loss and a 0-0 draw. They have also conceded three times in thefirst half.

Coalville have only failed to score once in the first half but went on to win that game.

My pick for this week is: Both teams to score in the first half - yes - with SkyBet at 3.75

Stake 0.5 points

Balance: -0.4 points

Good luck if you decide to play

Not to be. 1-0 to the home team at half time - Coalville equalised in the 53rd minute before a Stourbridge late winner

Edited by murther
Score update

8 hours ago, doverwhite said:

Glad I dodged a bullet this weekend. I wasnt entirely convinced about making a case for any of the matches in the NL, and did think that there were too many potential draws and uncertainty in a lot of them.  I did do my 12fold acca which was a 2mil/1 chance. Ha I only hit two of them.

Solihull Moors v Ebbsfleet @11/10 I saw Solihull  this weekend where they lost 1 nil and was not especially impressed with them. They created little, two free kicks which didnt hit the target and only one actual shot on target. Indeed even when Dover sat back to protect their lead, Solihull gave the ball away repeatedly in the buildup. Their GK's distribution was awful, I counted three times from open play or goal kicks, it went straight out of play. Relegation material? Too early to say, however I think I've seen a side who are going down on that performance. 
I was listening to the local radio on the way back from the match and they thought Ebbsfleet could be the dark horses of this league, are they? Well they've only been beaten once so far but have drawn nine, crucially for them though the injuries are clearing up in defence and this has been reflected in the recent three clean sheets, indeed reading a report McMahon by his own admission is a attacking manager but knows, that keeping them out is crucial in winning matches. He did feel his side should of had a couple more.
I hope Magri, who is a Maltese international is allowed to play Tuesday, he'll be a big miss if away, but I beleive the Fleet will have too much for Moors, 
Away 11/10 2pts

In the paper they say Solihull had 5 shots on target and 5 shots off target. Not saying you aren't right given I wasn't there, just pointing out what the paper said.

Still can't help thinking that there should really have been a healthy profit on Saturday instead of a loss. Gateshead and Billericay both should have won according to the reports and East Thurrock missed a penalty to win their FA Cup match. Anyway St Neots stopped it from being a total disaster and we move on to Tuesday night's fixtures.

Boreham Wood v Eastleigh

As mentioned above Boreham Wood were fortunate to get a point on Saturday and Gateshead and hopefully we can get them beat on Tuesday night as I fancy the away side here. Boreham Wood haven't really convinced in their last 3 games now and Eastleigh have made themselves very hard to beat. They have only lost once in their last 8 games although they have drawn 5 in that time. It could be tempting to have the draw onside, but whereas Boreham Wood had a long journey to Gateshead, Eastleigh didn't have to play at all as their home game against Chester was called off. That is a big thing for me especially as I think Eastleigh are the better side. Marathon are 12/5 about an away win and that is too big.

Chester v Woking

Needless to say if I am backing Eastleigh because they didn't play on Saturday I am backing Chester as well. Now of course they did make the journey south, but not having 90 minutes in their legs will be a big plus. They were really good against Maidenhead and now they have finally won a home game that isn't hanging over their heads anymore. They have a decent side on paper and one that really should be having an eye on sneaking in the play-offs rather than fighting a relegation battle. Marcus Bignott should be capable of doing just that. Woking have really surprised me although I can't help thinking they have had fortune on their side in some of their victories and I am not sure they are as good as their lofty position suggests. 4 of their 5 defeats have come on the road as well and Marathon are best price at 143/100 for another one.

Hartlepool v Barrow

This game wasn't originally on my shortlist, but having done a bit more digging I realised that the home side are worth backing here. I must admit I hadn't realised Barrow have only won twice all season and only one of those has come in their last 10 matches. They have lost 4 of their last 7 as well and in some ways it is surprising that they decided to keep Micky Moore on as manager because he only won one game as caretaker. They lost to Maidstone on Saturday and although it was only a penalty according to the stats in the paper they didn't manage a shot on target the whole game. Barrow have only picked up 2 points on their travels and with Hartlepool in such good form at the moment with just one defeat in their last 7 they are a bet at 23/20 Marathon.

Maidstone v Bromley

I don't back odds on very often and there was some even money about the home side to start with, but at a shade of odds on I am going to back Maidstone here. They cost me last Saturday against Gateshead and they have drawn 4 of their 6 home matches, but this looks a really good opportunity for them. As much as I haven't been all that kind to Barrow above they are hard to beat at home and Maidstone were the first ones to do so this season. Only Hartlepool have beaten them in their last 10 games and they are playing with loads of confidence. A couple of defensive errors were behind the Gateshead goals last week, but they had only conceded 4 times at home prior to that match. Bromley have only won once away all season and they have lost 5 of their last 8 games. They have won twice in that spell, but they were against Solihull and Torquay, the bottom two sides in the division. At Bet365's 19/20 I still think there is some value in a home win.

Harrow v Wingate & Finchley

Into the Bostik Premier for the final bet and I like the look of Wingate here. Wingate lost their first two games of the season, but then won 6 on the bounce before losing by a single goal to Brightlingsea last Tuesday. This looks a good game to bounce back in as Harrow have struggled since winning their 1st 4 games of the season. They haven't managed to win since then drawing 3 and losing 3. They should have won on Saturday as they totally dominated Lowestoft but conceded an equaliser in the final seconds of the game. Wingate have the advantage of not having a game on Saturday as well and the 6/4 with Marathon seems a fair price.

Eastleigh 1.5pts @12/5 with Skybet

Chester 2pts @143/100 with Marathon

Hartlepool 1.5pts @23/20 with Marathon

Maidstone 2.5pts @19/20 with Bet365

Wingate & Finchley 1pt @ 6/4 with Marathon

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Non-League Predictions > Oct 2nd - 4th

Enfield Town vs Hendon

I've seen quite a bit of Enfield over the last few weeks and they are a shadow of the side that made the play-offs last season. Only 2 players remain in the squad and one of them is club captain, Mark Kirby who is out injured with a broken toe.

I saw Enfield down at Hanwell Town play out a drab 0-0 in the FA Cup and saw them in their 5-0 replay. Hanwell were no better than Sunday League standard and a few goals late in the game gave Enfield some credibility. I was also at their match on Saturday against Phoenix and they were little better. 3-0 was about right, but the opposition again were poor. Prior to that they needed a last minute goal and penalties to stumble over the line against Hertford in the League Cup.

I took in the Wingate/Hendon FA Cup replay a few weeks ago and it's undoubtedly one of the best matches I've seen since a recent Scottish Cup Final - Hendon succumbed to two extra-time goals but there didn't deserve to be a loser that night. In Nico Muir they have a real star. I know that Leiston did everything in their powers to hold onto him, but it was the travel that he couldn't hack. Needless to say that Matt Blake at Leiston is struggling to find the net this season - Muir probably had 30 assists of the +40 goals he bagged.

I fancy Hendon quite strongly and the value to me lies in the HT/FT at 5/2 with Paddy Power

Edited by LondonHibs

Been having a look at Tranmere v Leyton Orient for any selections for my goalscorer system thread. No joy on that front but have gone with a couple of players who caught my eye for an interest.

For the hosts, I've bought Tollitt's goal minutes at 12 with Spreadex. I make that a good point better than the best available fixed odds anytime price.

For the visitors, more of a long shot in the shape of Clay. Easy to back at 12/1 anytime (13/1 with price boost at Lads) I've split my stake across that and a buy of his goal minutes at 4. Maybe generous at double figure odds.

Only just online again after a frustrating 36 hours with technical issues with the internet, decent evening to be fair.

Very interested to see Torquay winning as I've been following them closely the last few matches on their fans forum, despair three weeks ago, chinks of light, to light at the end of the tunnel last night. My team visit next and Plainmoor is not a happy hunting ground. 

5/1 on Sunday, now 13/5