** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2017

Wow no Serena,Vika or Maria on womens draw.Have to say its anyones tourney this year.As far as a longshot future Im going to go with Kiki Bertens at 40-1.She made it to the semis last year and is well regarded on clay so far this season.Id have to say with these amazing odds and her past performance coupled with the lack of players, seems great price!

Halep and Svitolina in the sam quarter, Mladenovic - Muguruza in 4th round :O

And these four girls are the only one who can win this tournament...

Haddad has a great first round draw, against Vesnina, odds will be high and I  be puting a fortune on her :)

Men's

I've already opposed Djokovic in the outright betting long time ago, so I'll be hoping for him not to win - and, truth to be told, that does look like a reasonably likely outcome. Anyway, this French Open is bound to have some surprising moments on both sides of the draw, as the elite players have never been this weak before - Nadal and Djokovic look good, but that's about it, while nobody looks good in the women's (like, Serena Williams type of good).

The first quarter has Murray, but he's ill and in no form whatsoever, so he's unbackable. Zverev's odds are a joke, Nishikori is always injured, and Juan Martin Del Potro doesn't have a backhand shot, so there you go. Berdych, then? Well, this is almost laughable given where he's been so far in this season, but he has some for now and his early draw is easy, so it could happen, couldn't it? At 12.00, I'll go for it - but I wouldn't go for odds below 10.00.

The second quarter has just one big name in Wawrinka and he's honestly unbackable at 2.75. Kyrgios might be injured, the odds for Cilic don't impress, so it's a skip for me.

The third quarter should be all Nadal's unless he gets injured. If he plays well, nobody can harm him until the semis imo.

The fourth quarter should, on paper, be between Djokovic and Thiem, but I'm tempted by Goffin at 10.00. Let's not do that, though, as I'm now reading that he had a muscle injury in Rome.

Women's

The WTA section of the French Open is a beautiful mess. No Serena Williams, so who's the favourite? Well, nobody knows honestly. If there's one punt that I don't mind having given the odds, however, it's on Bertens at 41.00.

The second quarter features the defending champion, Garbine Muguruza, but I'm not going to back her at short odds, that just doesn't look good to me. Mladenovic is a glass cannon, but she has it easy early on and could do really well imo.

The third quarter is quite intriguing, with Halep being the rightful favourite quality-wise. She's injured, however, and that isn't a good sign given that this is a very long event. Backing Svitolina at 6.00 therefore looks logical to me.

And the fourth quarter? Well, that's arguably the most open quarter of them all, but I like Konta at 7.50. She's got the mentality to go for and her part of the quarter looks very soft, so she should make it far without much effort and then hope to get a good match or two in.

In the side bets, I'm going to go for Wozniacki to go further than Kvitova (obvious reasons), Kuznetsova to go further than Muguruza (I really don't trust the latter), and Konta to beat Kerber (not ecstatic about doubling down, but the odds are good).

Back Tomas Berdych to win the 1st quarter at 12.00 with Skybet

Back Kiki Bertens to win the French Open 2017 at 41.00 with Bet365

Back Kiki Mladenovic to win the 2nd quarter at 6.00 with Bet365

Back Elina Svitolina to win the 3rd quarter at 6.00 with Bet365

Back Johanna Konta to win the 4th quarter at 7.50 with Bet365

Back Caroline Wozniacki (vs. Petra Kvitova) at 1.61 with Bet365

Back Svetlana Kuznetsova (vs. Garbine Muguruza) at 2.00 with Bet365

Back Johanna Konta (vs. Angelique Kerber) at 2.25 with Bet365

Also this:

Back G.Elias/K.Edmund - Over 3.5 sets at 1.72 with Paddy Power

Edmund on clay is just meh imo, he nearly lost against Monteiro in Lyon, so this should be somewhat close. Elias is a very good clay court player and he always gives it his all, so both players should be able to grab a set.

Back R.Harrison/A.Bedene - Over 3.5 sets at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Two quality players facing each other, this could even be an epic really. Bedene has been in a great form lately obviously, but beating someone as good as Harrison 3-0 isn't going to be easy imo, especially since Harrison seems to have done a lot of mental work over the last year or so.

Back F.Verdasco/A.Zverev - Over 3.5 sets at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Zverev was incredible in Rome, but I don't see how he's beating Verdasco 3-0 and I don't see how Verdasco is beating him 3-0. Both have a lot of skill, but both also have some dips in their play, which should make for an entertaining match.

Back G.Pella/J.M.Del Potro - Over 3.5 sets at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Pella is a top-notch clay court player, knows how to work the ball and exploit various weaknesses. Juan Martin Del Potro has some, most notably his backhand, and his performance against Elias does leave some questions as well. I don't really fancy an upset happening, but Pella should be able to put up some serious resistance.

Back J-L.Struff/T.Berdych - Over 3.5 sets at 2.10 with Paddy Power

I'm hoping Berdych will win this and I'm pretty sure that he will, but Struff is a good competitor and Berdych might need some adjusting after the long run in Lyon, so I'm not sure why this is above evens. Struff has taken sets off A.Zverev, Dimitrov, and Kohlschreiber in recent days, so he's got the form to make this.

Back B.Paire/R.Nadal - Over 3.5 sets at 3.25 with Paddy Power

Nadal's going to win this, but Paire might be good enough for a set imo, definitely willing to chance it at odds above 3.00. He's got the talent, he's got the shots, the only thing he doesn't have is mental fortitude, but that isn't what this bet really requires. Nadal might also want to conserve his energy a bit early on and not play with high intensity.

Back A.Murray/A.Kuznetsov - Over 3.5 sets at 2.00 with Paddy Power

Kuznetsov is a good player, while Murray, right now, not so much. He's also on some antibiotics from what I know, which is not exactly ideal ahead of a Grand Slam and given that he's been absolutely dreadful so far in this season (by his standards). Last year, he dropped sets against Stepanek and Bourgue (and that was the season of his life), so he can definitely drop some against Kuznetsov.

-----------

Good luck to everyone in this French Open! :hope

I am talking double, Tsonga and Bertens to win their quarters, both at 8,5, together 72,25! :)

I decided that will be my only bet for the RG :)

Tsonga and Bertens -> Make it rain! :)

On 2017-5-26 at 9:33 PM, CzechPunter said:

Men's

I've already opposed Djokovic in the outright betting long time ago, so I'll be hoping for him not to win - and, truth to be told, that does look like a reasonably likely outcome. Anyway, this French Open is bound to have some surprising moments on both sides of the draw, as the elite players have never been this weak before - Nadal and Djokovic look good, but that's about it, while nobody looks good in the women's (like, Serena Williams type of good).

The first quarter has Murray, but he's ill and in no form whatsoever, so he's unbackable. Zverev's odds are a joke, Nishikori is always injured, and Juan Martin Del Potro doesn't have a backhand shot, so there you go. Berdych, then? Well, this is almost laughable given where he's been so far in this season, but he has some for now and his early draw is easy, so it could happen, couldn't it? At 12.00, I'll go for it - but I wouldn't go for odds below 10.00.

The second quarter has just one big name in Wawrinka and he's honestly unbackable at 2.75. Kyrgios might be injured, the odds for Cilic don't impress, so it's a skip for me.

The third quarter should be all Nadal's unless he gets injured. If he plays well, nobody can harm him until the semis imo.

The fourth quarter should, on paper, be between Djokovic and Thiem, but I'm tempted by Goffin at 10.00. Let's not do that, though, as I'm now reading that he had a muscle injury in Rome.

Women's

The WTA section of the French Open is a beautiful mess. No Serena Williams, so who's the favourite? Well, nobody knows honestly. If there's one punt that I don't mind having given the odds, however, it's on Bertens at 41.00.

The second quarter features the defending champion, Garbine Muguruza, but I'm not going to back her at short odds, that just doesn't look good to me. Mladenovic is a glass cannon, but she has it easy early on and could do really well imo.

The third quarter is quite intriguing, with Halep being the rightful favourite quality-wise. She's injured, however, and that isn't a good sign given that this is a very long event. Backing Svitolina at 6.00 therefore looks logical to me.

And the fourth quarter? Well, that's arguably the most open quarter of them all, but I like Konta at 7.50. She's got the mentality to go for and her part of the quarter looks very soft, so she should make it far without much effort and then hope to get a good match or two in.

In the side bets, I'm going to go for Wozniacki to go further than Kvitova (obvious reasons), Kuznetsova to go further than Muguruza (I really don't trust the latter), and Konta to beat Kerber (not ecstatic about doubling down, but the odds are good).

Back Tomas Berdych to win the 1st quarter at 12.00 with Skybet

Back Kiki Bertens to win the French Open 2017 at 41.00 with Bet365

Back Kiki Mladenovic to win the 2nd quarter at 6.00 with Bet365

Back Elina Svitolina to win the 3rd quarter at 6.00 with Bet365

Back Johanna Konta to win the 4th quarter at 7.50 with Bet365

Back Caroline Wozniacki (vs. Petra Kvitova) at 1.61 with Bet365

Back Svetlana Kuznetsova (vs. Garbine Muguruza) at 2.00 with Bet365

Back Johanna Konta (vs. Angelique Kerber) at 2.25 with Bet365

I like the look of those bets. But there are a few other bets you might want to follow as well

Elina Svitolina to win the French Open 7/1 paddy power

Garbine Muguruza to win the French Open 12/1 paddy power

Alexander Zverev to win first quarter 7/2 paddy power

Gael Monfils to win second quarter 8/1 paddy power

Garbine Muguruza to win second quarter 7/2 pasdy power

This years Grand slam is wide open in the womens draw especially with Halep struggling with injury. So there is value in the outright market and im going for a Svitolina who has had a good clay court season. And a previous champion in Muguruza who im also backing to win her quarter as well

Im also liking Zverev to win his quarter against Murray who is not in form. And Monfils is an improved player who has a chance on a surface he likes playing on

Edited by owenclass

Karlovic to beat Tsitsipas at 1.73 BoyleSports (2pts)

I like Karlovic as a slight favourite in this one. Because of his height and relative lack of mobility not to mention that rallies are not his biggest strength, there is a perception that clay is not a surface for him. However, he showed recently against Bautista Agut that he can get results on the dirt and not just against lesser players. Tsitsipas looks a good prospect, but he hasn't played Karlovic before and even on a slower surface he's going to have problems breaking him. Karlovic continues to pick up plenty of free points on serve, and if he mixes things up by coming to the net occasionally which I think he will do then he could bamboozle his young opponent.

Day one selections

Julia Boserup vs Petra Kvitova

Over 20.5 games 10/11 paddy power

This is Kvitovas first Grand slam match since last years US Open so she might struggle in the first round especially on a surface she is not that comfortable playing on

Angelique Kerber vs Ekaterina Makarova

Over 21.5 games evens paddy power

This match should be a quarter final match. But this is a tough match for Kerber as she has had a shocking clay court season and is facing opponent who is more comfortable on this surface than she is

Edited by owenclass

Bonzi vs Medvedev

Anyone looking at the games lined up on day one of this years French Open will agree with me that we face a very complex conundrum in trying to find easy winners. There are a whole lot of temptations lurking and one can easily get carried away with the excitement and run into some serious losses if following the early fluctuating markets. As I have always said, I put in a whole lot of work to make sure that my followers can always look forward to real value as opposed to flirting with hope. It is the more reason you will always see me tip in way of investments as opposed to gambling. 

Well Bonzi is a young Player who has been plying his trade on the satellite tour with a lot of victories, especially recent victories in the midst of decent opposition. He really could be anything in this FA cup of Tennis with so many imponderables expected. He faces Medvedev, a very talented player who really blossomed in the last few months showing us that he has some real talent. Medvedev has since being in a bad patch losing his last 5 matches, more significantly, losing 3 from 3 on clay. In my opinion it will certainly be the wrong time and occasion for him to rediscover his form especially against a player like Bonzi who should really be having a lot of vocal support from the partisan home crowd.

I have reached my conclusion by applying one of my very reliable systems that has to do with tracking the market moves points from opening to current time. The system has been very reliable for me working over 80% of times. My conclusion is that Bonzi should win this match somehow in the end. It really should not matter whether Medvedev plays well or not. Clear positive pick on circumstance. However, being an investment tipster, my pick will be 

Bonzi to win a set at 4/11 paddypower*** positive 9/10 Good luck all.

Edited by liquidglass

Oceane Dodin to beat Camila Giorgi at 2.20 with bet365

As Czech himself pointed out before Oceane can be good to back as an underdog but not very good to back as a favourite so I'm just gonna back her to win straight up here. I don't understand why she isn't the favourite in this one. She's at home, 20 years old, higher ranked than Camila who's 25 and not with the best of form. I think I'll take my chances with Oceane here.

Lesia Tsurenko to beat Kateryna Kozlova at 1.61 with bet365

Ukraniean Lesia should take this one as she's the more complete player of the two and more experienced although her form is not so very good. But a win here I think is not too mutch to ask of her. Kateryna who is also from Ukraine has qualified by beating serbian Aleksandra Krunic as an underdog. Good win for her and good result to qualify for Roland Garros but I don't think she'll past this test. Lesia is only favourite by name and ranking but according to that she should win this and I think I'll go for that to happen but maybe I shouldn't recommend this bet since it may very well go wrong. But anyway, I'm on Lesia. Go Lesia!

hello punters!

Ocean Dodin @2.20 offered by bet 365 to beat Camila Giorgi

Bellucci vs Lajovic OVER 37.5 games @1.83 offered by bet365

For the Ocean is her chance to make a voice against unseen Giorgi.

Please always have in mind that we are talking about WTA, a pray together with your placing bets is a MUST

For the suggested ATP pair, i expect long match with minimum 4 big sets!

good luck my punters!

Steve Darcis to beat Milos Raonic at 8.00 with bet365

Steve Darcis/Milos Raonic over 3.5 sets at 2.50 with bet365

Steve is a tricky customer and I think he's got a real big chance of winning this. He is in form and having his highest ranking ever and can do some damage to Milos without a doubt. He can make it really hard for Milos here I belive, I might be wrong but Steve is dangerous to a player like Milos. Can see a scenario of 4 to 5 sets here without any bigger problems. Milos will find it hard to break Steve and Steve will find it hard to break Milos but since Steve is such a tricky customer he can also find a break somewhere and be able to hold serve and take a set. Just keeping my fingers crossed Steve will not make a bad match.

Over 36.5 Games - K.Edmund Vs G.Elias 10/11 Paddypower
G.Elias to beat K.Edmund 11/4 Bet365

Over 37.5 Games - Y-Hsun Lu Vs S.Stakhovsky 4/5 Bet365

Elias is being underrated here, whilst Edmund is being overrated. Elias has proven his worth on the clay only last week beatng Del Potro and by the very least Id expect him to get a set here and cover the games. Lu hasn't played many clay matches but he isn't going to get outplayed by Stakhovsky by any means who relies heavily on his serve. On the clay that can't be your only weapon.

Edited by Fader

M.Zverev -5.5 games to beat S.Napolitano Evens 32red
I would have expected more like -8.5 for this handicap. Zverev showed his recent form in Geneva and Napolitano isn't going to hurt Zverev unless he is carrying a niggle or is excessively tired. The first set may be tight, but you'd expect Zverev to come through and cover this handicap rather easily.

On 27 May 2017 at 7:40 PM, ejmali333 said:

I am talking double, Tsonga and Bertens to win their quarters, both at 8,5, together 72,25! :)

I decided that will be my only bet for the RG :)

Tsonga and Bertens -> Make it rain! :)

Kerber confirmed that her form is weak at the moment and is out of the draw... This is very good for my bet since Bertens will have an easy opponent in QF, that is if she gets there :) Should be Makarova/Puig/Ostapenko/Stosur... I watched Kuznetsova closely and she is good but beatable, especially at odds 8,5 :) Wozinacki is still a question mark for me...

Sara Errani to beat (-1.5 sets) Misaki Doi at 2.00 with bet365

Sara has steamrolled everything so far in the qualies and she's confident enough to take this in straight sets. Misaki had a good Nürnberg tournament but had to retire due to some injury issue. They've met once in Bejing 2013 and Sara won that one in straight sets. Saras defensive capabilities and their only meeting so far in 2013 makes me take this bet. Misaki have to exploit Saras biggest weakness, her second serve but problem is that Misaki doesn't have any great second serve herself so she can easily come under pressure in her own service games.