** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2017

Just now, CzechPunter said:

Don't you remember last year's rain fiascos?

Just watching each game intermittently I am just finding it like watching schoolkids. Some real crap performances it's like it's not even a grand slam or something. Maybe that's because everyone seems to be injured, I dunno :D

The rain really helped Muguruza last season. Maybe all these rubbish games will help someone obscure to win it.

9 minutes ago, Fader said:

Just watching each game intermittently I am just finding it like watching schoolkids. Some real crap performances it's like it's not even a grand slam or something. Maybe that's because everyone seems to be injured, I dunno :D

The rain really helped Muguruza last season. Maybe all these rubbish games will help someone obscure to win it.

I get your thinking, the Aussie Open was certainly better, nearly every match was a good watch. Vesely's limited, tough for both of us, doesn't want to retire either. I was thinking that the winner of this match will get crushed in the next round. He will - by Nadal though :lol.

10 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

I get your thinking, the Aussie Open was certainly better, nearly every match was a good watch. Vesely's limited, tough for both of us, doesn't want to retire either. I was thinking that the winner of this match will get crushed in the next round. He will - by Nadal though :lol.

that's the only grace here. You'll get a better price on them being demolished next round.

32 minutes ago, ElPrincipito007 said:

I am also on Johnson +7.5 games @1,76. He is 8-1 on clay this year. Definitely worth a try.

Yeah, you'd think SJ could serve well enough to cover that really.

3 minutes ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

Since the women draw has thrown alot of surprises..i really feel Mertens stands a chance against Venus and also bellis can cause trouble for woz..what do you guys think?

I like Martens chances also.  I was on her in the last round and I think Venus is alittle overrated. I'll be on the games atleast.

5 minutes ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

Since the women draw has thrown alot of surprises..i really feel Mertens stands a chance against Venus and also bellis can cause trouble for woz..what do you guys think?

Wozniacki is definitely overrated on clay, both stand a chance imo. A lot depends on the mental side of things though, I can see both Mertens and Bellis getting tight just seeing their big-name opponents on the other side of the net. If they start somewhat well, bet on them live imo.

6 minutes ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

i like mertens more over bellis...does mertens have a reasonable drop shot? if so she could do wat siegeuemund did in her match against venus

I'm afraid that her drop shots are nowhere near Siegemund's. Siegemund is insane at times.

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, yeah, I prefer the total games though. Then again, I thought that Vesely wouldn't be crap today and he is.

Luckily, I didn't go for the handicap in the end. I went in live play Johnson over +8.5 games. 2 more games to go! Fingers crossed :hope hope your bet goes through too! 

3 minutes ago, vikki37 said:

Luckily, I didn't go for the handicap in the end. I went in live play Johnson over +8.5 games. 2 more games to go! Fingers crossed :hope hope your bet goes through too! 

Those two missed set points ensured that it's not going to happen unfortunately, would need to win set 3 now. Mladenovic coming back by the looks of things, but I can't see her beating Muguruza next.

8 minutes ago, Fader said:

Perhaps evens isn't the right price but I fancy Ramos to beat Pouille today.

Ramos to win and over 39.5 games is 11/4.

What's peoples opinions on this match-up?

I think the match-up favours Pouille slightly due to his effective backhand, but his shaky form balances things out. 50/50.

11 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

The bet i'll be having today is Schwartzman-Djokovic over 3.5 sets @ 2.75 or over 29.5 games @ 1.80 both with >bet365.Schwartzman is great from the baseline and will give Djokovic hard time,making him work for every single point.He actually is far from his best and will no doubt be missing the target and getting broken a few times.Djokovic had litttle to no problems against both Sousa and Granollers but i think Schwartzman  is more resilient and  better than both of them defensively.Can't see a surprise though but i am sure that The Argentinian is worth a try to take a set off him or at least keep it tight and lose in 3.

Elise Mertens/Venus Williams at least one tie-break in the match at 3.75 with bet365

Now I found a bet I fancy and parts on my winnings from over 3.5 sets in Schwartzman v Djokovic goes on this. Saw Elise play against Richel Hogenkamp and it was one way traffic all the way. She's got supporters Elise who shouts here name from time to time. I was on Richel Hogenkamp but that was a big mistake i realized quickly when I saw Elise dictating everything. I think we might see a tie-break in this match. I think both Elise and Venus plays good enough for a tie-break to happen. This is not how I usually bet but I think this might be a good bet this time.

Vinolas to beat Djokovic @9 with bet365.Ridiculous odds i must say.Djokovic is mediocre at best and almost lost today but i think tomorrow Vinolas will eliminate him.Vinolas is on fire and i think this 5 set win will give him confidence rather exhaustion but while we are here we must point out that Djoko won in 5 sets either  si fatigue could be ruled out of the equasion.Given the current situation and form of both players i think chances are 50:50 so odds of 9 for the Spaniard look cracking value to me.Vinolas to win @ 9 with bet365.GL

One i fancy for tomorrow is Chung to beat Nishikori @ 3.50 with bet365.Chung has been flawless so far and one who is really a fighter.He is extremely resiliant with a solid baseline.Nishikori has been rather shaky than solid.His injury might be the problem and those long rallies who are expected in the game wont help him much.I fully expect an epic clash in 5 sets with Chung edging it in the end.medium to high stakes on Chung @ 3.50 and a sporting bet on 3:2 @9 both with bet365