** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2017

Esterlla is very dangerous on clay. His biggest problem is consistence, but if he steps on the pedal, he could go all the way (in small events). I am thinking also about Pironkova. Even for win. She looks very fresh and healthy. Last year she had injury on her foot and still managed to reach the 1/4-final beating better ranked opponents on her worst surface. I like very much Svitolina, but I think she is kind of overrated in Grand slam events. She is capable like Wozniacki to win many small tournaments, but on Grand slam her best is QF here two years ago. I expect a close match and maybe the best bet here is set for Pironkova. However big odds for Tsveti are nice to be taken.

Pironkova vs Svitolina 10.00 Matchbook

For the first time this season Pironkova shows form. She destroyed Bartel, who came to RG with some nice pack of results on clay. The Bulgarian is always dangerous against higher ranked opponents. Svitolina is capable to win a tournament here and she is one of the favorites. Also Svitolina game too many chances to coming from injury Shvedova, who is not a clay court player. 10 is too much for me. 

@ogii55 Yep, the outright looks juicy as well, but I'm hoping for a "hedge" with the quarter bet on Svitolina, so I don't really want to go that way. I'll never forget Pironkova's comeback against Radwanska last year here though. Radwanska had a 6-2 3-0 lead => rain break => 6-2 3-6 3-6. She has one good event per year and that keeps her ranking up, really a rarity on the entire tour. Loved her in 2014 as well, started the season with a 9-1 record after two events (beating Errani, Kvitova, Kerber), finished it with 26-24 :lol.

18 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Thanks for the kind words, but you're the in-form man here ;). Brady didn't lose it because she's awful on clay btw, she lost it because she couldn't handle the pressure. Errani should be much better in that regard, but, if Mladenovic isn't injured anymore, she could easily blow her off the court.

This seems to be happening. Doesn't have the same painful grimace as in R1.

Overall, a much better performance from Mladenovic today. Moving freely and without grimacing, her face had more focus than pain, it was the other way around at times in R1. That said, her back might not be 100% just yet either, as she was serving with less pace than usual. Might have been intentional to prevent any potential problems though. Drop shots worked like a charm, some were perfect. A bit tight at the very end, but okay. Rogers next, that's certainly doable, although she would've preferred Buyukakcay I'm sure.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Does anyone know what's wrong with Bautista? Doesn't look fit to me and that bagel from Millman in R1 might suggest something.

No idea what's wrong with Bautista. He seems fine right now as he's on his way to beat Mikhail Kukushkin.

Rybarikova - Duque-Marino 2.3 Pinnacle

Rybarikova is returning to her best form. She is very solid with her shots and is in great form. I always like Duque-Marino on clay. Her stile is pretty nice to watch and she's got great combo of slice and short balls, but she was lucky in the first round, because Begu missed so many chances to break. I would put here a slight advantage for Rybarikova and I think that the odds will drop down to around 2.00 until the morning.

Molteni/Shamasdin vs Matkowski/Roger-Vassilen 3.08 Pinnacle

Molteni/Shamasdin are 5:0 on clay this season. Their team is coming from a win in Lyon and here they started very strong against Ramos/Bagnis. Matkowski/Roger/Vassilen needed 3 sets in their first match. Matkowski is the weak seed in the pair, because he didn't play well on clay. Pretty much equal match, maybe some respect for former doubles champ Roger-Vassilen here, but for sure the odds for their opponents must not be so high.

Stosur/Zhang vs Dabrowski/Xu 2.67

Both Dabrowski and Xu didn't have good results on clay. The reason that they are favorite here is that they won in Miami this year beating very classy opponents. Stosur and Zhang had good results on doubles in the past. Now they are concentrating more on single. They showed pretty strong tennis and are into the third round in singles. Today is a rest they for them, so this match will be great training. 

I agree with Pironkova @10,16, worth a try.

Two other players I fancy to win are Lopez (@2,49) against a struggling Ferrer and Kasatkina (@2,53) against Vondrouseva who has unbelievable results so far, but she still is only 17. Kasatkina is also doing well on clay this year with a 8-2 record.

Hello punters!

How are you doing with your bets?

After a painful day, we are all ready to fight against bookies with our strongest weapons.

My contribution is Almagro vs Del Potro.

Happened to watch Almagro against Baghdatis. He looks in excellent shape hitting some astonishing winners with both forehand and backhand. He lost his concentration somehow during second set, but he finally did the job and finished in top style. Baghdatis was very good believe me, he was much more better than i was expecting. But the Cypriot has physical condition problems as always! He could NOT follow such a crazy and quality tennis as Almagro was creating against him!

Almagro impressed me! I dont know anything about current Del Potro. I guess however that he is also in good shape.

My tip is OVER 35.5 games total, @1.83 offered by BET365

I expect minimum for sets, and personally i would NOT feel any surprise if Almagro wins at the end

I forgive the tipster of Bonzi, i like him as person, lets beat the booikies today!

Edited by delfino

F.Lopez to beat D.Ferrer 6/4 Bet365
Ferrer has a good record against Lopez but he didn't look up to scratch against Young and hasn't done all year really. Lopez looked much more assured in his first match and I've noticed this court is favoring big hitters more than id expect. I think there will plenty of games here and I think that can only help Lopez after such a long match for Ferrer.

A.Radwanska to beat Van Uytvanck 2-0 Evens Skybet
I think Aggy will be too strong today. She looked really good against Ferro only dropping 2 games and although Van Uytvanck will give her more problems than Ferro, I feel she will have enough to win this without dropping a set. 

M.Keys to win French Open 50/1 Paddypower
T.Bacsinszky to win French Open 33/1 Betvictor

I think Halep looks primed to win this year but it's so open I'm going with two massive outsiders. Keys has the power and on her day can do damage and Timea also has the ability here if things go right for her. Just alittle outsider interest.

What a disastrous day yesterday. lost 2 bets. Williams was very serious! Pouille should have lost the first set but eventually is in strong form. (-10 pts)
It can only get better!
Very surprised by Bertens and Cibulkova who should have won easily their 2nd round.. 
I put a coin on Radwanska @48 to win RG.

Nothing special today. I like Chardy & Olivo as underdogs.

Good luck to all,

Despite the loss of Pironkova, which was a good value bet, it looks like a good day so far with the win of Kasatkina and also Lopez is on the winning hand.

For today I still have:

Olivo to win a set @1,606

Cuevas-Kicker over 29.5 games @1,714

Estrella Burgos AH +8.5 games @1,699

Olivo and Kicker because I think after their first round will have the confidence. Estrella Burgos because Gasquet didn't look good against my countryman De Loore.

One has to have the feeling that this is the end for Berdych in terms of GS successes. Excellent circumstances and he loses not against Murray or Delpo, but against Khachanov.

@ElPrincipito007 It was De Greef, but the argument stands - and I certainly hope that Estrella is going to do well, would be a big story too. Lopez is mental, should've won a long time ago, now throwing everything away yet again.

I am sad because Almagro retired. Match was going rocket over

I fancy Edmund/Olivo pair to fight a lot, therefore OVER 35.5 games

I fancy Viktor Estrella +7.5 games to beat Gasquet.

and finally Witthoeft to beat Parmentier @1.90! juicy odd indeed! I wish to see it coming easily in style like Kazatkina!

lets see!

What is the difference between taking a player to win a set or taking the player +2.5 sets? Same thing, but advantage bookies. Paddy Power always coining out new ways to rip you off your money. I had  Cornet 7/4,  Khachanov 11/4 and Almagro +2.5 sets £100 treble. The rogues voided the Almagro match when in theory Almagro winning a set is a good as won. But their rules say otherwise. Be aware folks!!