Jump to content
Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Form is temporary. Class is permanent. Can we pls discuss stuff without being rude?

Paquet - Kr. Pliskova 7.00 at Boyles Pliskova hates clay. This is her worst surface. I can't understand why she is so big favorite. It's true that she improved a lot in the last 12 months, even i

Bonzi vs Medvedev Anyone looking at the games lined up on day one of this years French Open will agree with me that we face a very complex conundrum in trying to find easy winners. There are a wh

Posted Images

Popirin - Kuhn, boys final at RG, 2.85 Pinnacle

Those matches are always unpredictable, but those odds are mistaken IMO. Popiring won two strong junior tournaments on clay coming to RG. The giant Australian (196 cm) loves the surface. He won pretty easy his semifinal for 60 minutes. On the other hand Kuhn spent more than 3 hours on the court on Friday. He needed 2.13 hours to bet the first seated Kecmanovic (three setter with two tiebreaks for Kuhn, who score less points than the loser). Then he went to play doubles for another 1 hour + and he qualify on finals there as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wawrinka - Nadal 5.59 Pinnacle

I am taking early odds, because I think they will be back to around 5. Now everybody is excited for the clear win of Nadal over Dominic and 5-set battle between Murray and Stan. Both will have a day off to rest, so the efforts put by Wawrinka will not be a problem. He is proven with his great recovery and don't have problems to play 4 or 5-setters during the tournament and to win Grand Slam.

Wawrinka will cause more problems to Nadal then Thiem, because of his power and backhand. Thiem struggled with his backhand side, but it will be a different story with Stan.

Stan has a win on clay over Nadal two years ago (maybe the worst clay season for Rafa). He won their last clash at Grand slam in AO 2014. Wawrinka is very strong on Grand slam finals.

Rafa's road to the final was pretty easy. Except for team his only real threat was RBA, who has some issues in the previous matches and isn't in top form. Busta was injured with some abdominal problems, added to 5-setter with Raonic. Hasse (3-5 this season on clay before RG), Paire (coming with two consecutive losses to RG) and Bashilashvili (who just lost from Sandgren on challenger 2:6, 4:6)

Let's check the list of Wawrinka. World number one Murray (Yes, not in his best shape, but running like hell as always), Kovalik (13/9 on clay coming to RG), Dolgopolov (Won ATP BUenos aires this season beating Busta and Nishikori), Fognini (Beat Murray in Rome), Monfis (not in best shape, but very fresh), Cilic (Who made his best result on RG, without loosing a set). Wawrinka didn't drop a set to them, except two to Murray. I rarely am writing such a long write ups, but think that those facts deserve a mantion. Yes, Rafa is the king of clay, but Wawrinka is the king of surprises. When he won RG vs Nole, he was with pretty much the same odds and Nole was 16:0 on clay the same season before meeting Stan in the final.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Womens final

Jelena Ostapenko vs Simona Halep

Over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 7/4 paddy power

This is going to be a fascinating final as you have the young talented player who is making her Grand slam final debut. And a player who has been so close to winning one but has not quite cross the line. But this maybe her chance as her opponent is inexperienced and the nerves might get to her which would make her do more unforced errors like she did in the semi final

 

Mens Doubles final

Ryan Harrison and Michael Venus vs Donald Young and Santiago Gonzalez

Over 22.5 games 4/5 paddy power

I think this match will go to three sets as doubles matches especially finals are always tight

 

 

Edited by owenclass
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ostapenko vs Halep

At last the final is here after two weeks of tennis jamboree. They would seem so hard to separate at first glance, but if anything could be used as a pointer to the possible outcome of this match it would be the odds. If you are one conversant with odds, you will know clearly that the odds set for this match don't just add up considering what we already know of both players. First of all Halep is not really in sublime form. She has played so much tennis over the last week that she almost has nothing left to give as we have seen in her last matches. You can also be rest assured that the brash and fearless Ostapenko will be mounting the sort of assault that will amount to 2 Pliskovas put together against Halep. These players have no head to head to go by so apart from the name Halep and future No1, I really do not see her weak game matching up to Ostapenko even with the advantage of court speed. Halep might just have a long afternoon ball-chasing.

This is going to be a kind of match similar to the Basinszky game where the destiny of every point will rest on the racket of Ostapenko, because she is going to be residing in the driver's seat for the duration of that final. Halep opened at 1/4 with Ostapenko 11/4 two days ago. Now the bookies seem to have woken up to the danger and moved 12/5   3/10.  Anyone who is familiar with the odds 3/10 will know that it is simply an odd of no confidence; it is one of the bookies widgiboard codes.

I also like the fearless attitude and easy power in the Ostapenko play that I could not possibly be in my right senses to back against her. Yes, we see players make new records everyday and I believe Ostapenko's will be winning a slam as her first career title. 

If there was ever anything that gave me total conviction of the winner of this match, it will be firstly the printout by Czech punter showing that Ostapenko had a bad record in finals depicting 0-3. That was further boosted by the Pliskova tweet saying she would put all she had on Halep. She was never going to derail me. In the real sense of things Pliskova should by homeless by the time the match ends tomorrow for certain. My verdict is Ostapenko 2-0.  9/2 and comprehensively so. Good luck all!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Ostapenko vs Halep

At last the final is here after two weeks of tennis jamboree. They would seem so hard to separate at first glance, but if anything could be used as a pointer to the possible outcome of this match it would be the odds. If you are one conversant with odds, you will know clearly that the odds set for this match don't just add up considering what we already know of both players. First of all Halep is not really in sublime form. She has played so much tennis over the last week that she almost has nothing left to give as we have seen in her last matches. You can also be rest assured that the brash and fearless Ostapenko will be mounting the sort of assault that will amount to 2 Pliskovas put together against Halep. These players have no head to head to go by so apart from the name Halep and future No1, I really do not see her weak game matching up to Ostapenko even with the advantage of court speed. Halep might just have a long afternoon ball-chasing.

This is going to be a kind of match similar to the Basinszky game where the destiny of every point will rest on the racket of Ostapenko, because she is going to be residing in the driver's seat for the duration of that final. Halep opened at 1/4 with Ostapenko 11/4 two days ago. Now the bookies seem to have woken up to the danger and moved 12/5   3/10.  Anyone who is familiar with the odds 3/10 will know that it is simply an odd of no confidence; it is one of the bookies widgiboard codes.

I also like the fearless attitude and easy power in the Ostapenko play that I could not possibly be in my right senses to back against her. Yes, we see players make new records everyday and I believe Ostapenko's will be winning a slam as her first career title. 

If there was ever anything that gave me total conviction of the winner of this match, it will be firstly the printout by Czech punter showing that Ostapenko had a bad record in finals depicting 0-3. That was further boosted by the Pliskova tweet saying she would put all she had on Halep. She was never going to derail me. In the real sense of things Pliskova should by homeless by the time the match ends tomorrow for certain. My verdict is Ostapenko 2-0.  9/2 and comprehensively so. Good luck all!!!

Dont you fancy doing the overs bet as i think Halep will a set

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, owenclass said:

Dont you fancy doing the overs bet as i think Halep will a set

Hmmm! I sense alarm bells ringing with the overs. Why? Because I really really think this is going to be a very short final. If Ostapenko is going to win as I think and believe she will, then it will be largely because of a mismatch in the clash of styles. I have already pointed to a couple of outside but potent factors that reinforce by belief in an Ostapenko victory. 1. The printout on this forum by Czech which showed us that Ostapenko had already failed in three finals. 2. Pliskova's tweet that talked about her putting all her money on a Halep victory. And if there was ever a more valid superstitious reason, it will be that the last time anybody ever won the French Open as their first professional title was in 1997 and his name was Gustavo Kuerten. And guess what??? He won that title on 8th June 1997, the day Jelena Ostapenko was born.  Kuerten was also 20years old at the time. On the note I rest my case. Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by liquidglass
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Hmmm! I sense alarm bells ringing with the overs. Why? Because I really really think this is going to be a very short final. If Ostapenko is going to win as I think and believe she will, then it will be largely because of a mismatch in the clash of styles. I have already pointed to a couple of outside but potent factors that reinforce by belief in an Ostapenko victory. 1. The printout on this forum by Czech which showed us that Ostapenko had already failed in three finals. 2. Pliskova's tweet that talked about her putting all her money on a Halep victory. And if there was ever a more valid superstitious reason, it will be that the last time anybody ever won the French Open as their first professional title was in 1997 and his name was Gustavo Kuerten. And guess what??? He won that title on 8th June 1997, the day Jelena Ostapenko was born.  Kuerten was also 20years old at the time. On the note I rest my case. Good luck everyone!!!

Interesting. Thank you for the facts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ostapenko is definitely worth a shot. With Thiem's disappointing performance vs Nadal in mind, the big question is can she keep her nerves together in a big Grand Slam final and play her game. Halep is no new all time great but she is much better than Bacsinszky who (in my opinion) is a typical women's tennis pusher without a clue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching the Haddad Maia - Krunic game and I have now put something on Maia to win the 2nd set (she is 5-2 down in the 2nd set and serving) at a odd of 10. I think if she gets to win this game she has a good chance of breaking Krunic the next game.

The line ref in the left side of the camera has been doing some dubious decisions.. and while I type this, she loses the 2nd set. 

I am on Maia to win the game at 1.69 now, it seems to be that she is the best player but making too many unforced errors. Hopefully she will get it right this time. 3rd set about to start.

 

Edit: I should leave this for those who know lol

 

Edited by Painteur
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ogii55 said:

Popirin - Kuhn, boys final at RG, 2.85 Pinnacle

Those matches are always unpredictable, but those odds are mistaken IMO. Popiring won two strong junior tournaments on clay coming to RG. The giant Australian (196 cm) loves the surface. He won pretty easy his semifinal for 60 minutes. On the other hand Kuhn spent more than 3 hours on the court on Friday. He needed 2.13 hours to bet the first seated Kecmanovic (three setter with two tiebreaks for Kuhn, who score less points than the loser). Then he went to play doubles for another 1 hour + and he qualify on finals there as well.

Popyrin odds reached 4.5 before the match at Pinnacle :( One of the few times that I am so sorry to took early odds.

 

One match from Lisbon challenger's qualifications

Falcao - Niclas Salminen 2.96 Pinnacle

Falcao is the home player. He is veteran, who is nothing special, but is capable to stun guys , who are far ahead in the rankings from him. The season for Falcao is pretty nice, considering his rankings. Niclas-Salminen is Finish talent, who had a semifinal in Wimblendon juniors in 2015. His recent form isn't so good. Niclas scored a loss at Davis cup tournament from a player from Madagascar without rankings. Current temperature in Lisbon is 29 degrees, so I am not sure how the viking will feel there under the sun. My estimation for the match is close to 50/50 so those odds are nice to be played.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

I'll be hoping for Wawrinka tomorrow as well, but no bets, wouldn't be shocked to see him lose 4-6 4-6 4-6 or something like that.

I know. We all know that Nadal is the clear favourite but I really want Wawrinka to win too. I don't think that he deserves to be at the odds of 5.5 either. He is nowhere near playing that badly to be at those odds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

I'll be hoping for Wawrinka tomorrow as well, but no bets, wouldn't be shocked to see him lose 4-6 4-6 4-6 or something like that.

I think Rafa to win in four sets is the best bet as Wawrinka is too good a player to lose in straight sets

 

Mens Final

Rafael Nadal vs Stanislas Wawrinka

Over 34.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 3.5 sets evens paddy power

Nadal to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power

Tie Break in first set 3/1 paddy power

Nadal to win and both players to win a set 7/4 paddy power

There are a lot of people who thinks that Rafa will win in straight sets as his opponent played a tough five set semi final. Also he is playing Nadal who is the best player on clay in tennis history so it is always going to be for him. But in the last three years in has won a Grand slam and also he has not lost in a Grand slam final. So it tells us that he is plays his best in finals. And thats why im going for the overs bet as i feel that Nadals opponent will at least win a set as he is one of the worlds best players and that Rafa has not been tested during the tournament so i think the first set will also go to a Tie break as well

Edited by owenclass
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bublik - Lacko 3.12 Pinnacle

 

Bublik played very strongly in his first ever match on grass. He is serving fine and is capable to put pressure on his opponents. Lacko is well rounded player on grass, but his shape is not so fine. Still Lacko is the favorite, but those odds against young Bubli, who ofter stuns the better ranked players is worth a try.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nadal hasn't really been tested (Thiem could have and should have but performed like a nervous kid) but Wawrinka also played a grueling 5-setter against Murray. That has to take its toll on him. Not early on in the game but definitely in a potential 4th or 5th set. I can't see Stan winning more than one set against this Nadal on this court. It's either Nadal 3-0 or 3-1 imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The women Sushi final is over. Some people like to watch such a funny thing as women tennis. The one- Ostapenko- was hitting like a crazy mad woman, and the other- Halep- was so lazy like she was on the beach to relax. Ostapenko won, and her mixture recipe of crazy hittings with tons of errors together with some ATP quality, prevailed against the lazy lady from Romania. Sushi final, not to my taste, sorry i wont take

Thiem proved to be mentally unprepared. After the tragic performance in the semi, someone asked me - Hey man, what happened to Thiem?- How the hell i could know? one expanation is that he became all of a sudden the center of the galaxy, and a black hole swallowed him. Another expanation is that he forgot to change his pampers. 

Today i follow Wawrinka. For forum reasons, my tip is OVER 34.5 games 

For my own reasons- i would like to lose in style- my selection is Wawrinka to beat Nadal

WAW performs the most elagant boutique tennis, but with tremendous power as well. Rafa killed  Thiem the kid,, but today he will realize what a REAL tennis man is. 

Go go WAW! 

Edited by delfino
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...