** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2017

J. Ostapenko to beat C. Wozniacki 6/5 Bet365
3 matches between the two players. 3 wins for Ostapenko. All as underdog and only dropping one set in those 3 matches. 2 on the clay. This is when Ostapenko wasn't in as good form as now. She's just beat Stosur who is in form herself just coming off a win at Strasbourg. If she keeps a level head here (as it's her first Grand slam semi) she wins. 

T. Bacsinszky to beat K. Mladenovic 11/10 Boylesports
Lots of breaks in this one I feel. Timea has been breaking for fun and has been broken abit too. She went 5-2 up on Venus only to lose 7-5 but it takes some balls for a player to come back and win from there. Many you will see go on to lose the second set with a whimper too. These two have met twice with 1 win each, Timea won the most recent.

This was a difficult choice to tip or not as I have Timea to win the tournament. I wouldn't be on 1.80-2.00 but 11/10 is just enough for me to get involved. 

So lets see if we can pull off some great bets

Jelena Ostapenko vs Caroline Wozniacki

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

I hope this will  be a great match as these two are playing great at the moment. And i can see them both winning sets. But two tight sets should cover the bet

Kristina Mladenovic vs Timea Bacsinszky

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Could we see a French player in the semi finals. Well there is a great chance of that happening. But she is facing an opponent who is plsying well at the moment. So it wont be easy

Edited by owenclass

My 4 major bets since the beg of RG have all been ridiculous.. I lost some money and won't bet on any H2H until the end.
I just cross my fingers for my 2 remaining bets to Win RG:
Mladenovic @ 14 
Thiem @16

Good luck to all your remaining bets! 

Edited by radicaly

I have no doubt Ostapenko will peak on the hard courts at Flushing Meadows later this year, but clay is all about patience and confidence, and she showed plenty of that in the win over Stosur after dropping the first set 2-6 in an awkward beginning from her. She can rally big with any power player. we saw that when she eliminated Monica Puig and Lesia Tsurenko in straight sets, both heavy hitters on clay!
She's at odds of $2.15, I'm getting on it.

2 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

This is ridiculous honestly, plenty of time to spare even if you have to delay a day. Wozniacki profiting the most, Ostapenko doesn't know how to deal with things.

Everything she hits is long because of the wind. Will be over in 20mins way she's going.

1 minute ago, vikki37 said:

At 3-0, I went for under 9.5 games then boom! Ostapenko goes chasing up 4 games! 

She's still too raw Ostapenko, but you can see the talent is there. Too many stray balls etc. Wind doesn't help. But that set is typical womens tennis 5-0 to 5-4. give away game 6-4. It's really quite poor lol

8 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

only wozniaki can lose 4 games in a row from 5-0 up. she is a fashion diva but still a flamboyant style player. dont expect ostapenko to mess up now

I think it was a mixture of a few things. I mean Timea lost 6 in a row...