** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UK Weekend > Feb 18th - 20th

BARNSLEY V BRIGHTON

Barnsley have midfielder Alex Mowatt available for the visit of Brighton after a three-match suspension.

Defender Aidy White remains sidelined with a pelvic injury.

Victory at Oakwell will take Brighton to the top of the Championship table in Chris Hughton's 100th league game in charge of the Seagulls.

Left-back Gaetan Bong (knee) will be assessed, Liam Rosenior (ankle) is still recovering from long-term injury and Connor Goldson (heart) is out.

When asked about his 100th league match in charge, Brighton manager Chris Hughton told BBC Sussex:

"That's news to me. Let's hope come Saturday evening that it's good news.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed the period of time that I've been here right from day one and we've been building towards something.

"Yes, it's a very nice milestone as it's a wonderful place to have it. But the win on Saturday would be a better milestone."

On the test Barnsley will present:"When we played Barnsley earlier in the season we were aware and impressed by how good a side they are.

"They're still going well on the back of a very good win at Villa in the week, so credit to the players and all the management for achieving that."

MATCH FACTS

-Barnsley have failed to score in their last two league games against Brighton (D1 L1).
-Brighton won the reverse of this fixture 2-0 in September - they have not done a league double over Barnsley since the 1991-92 campaign.
- Barnsley have scored a league-high 15 headed goals in the Championship this season.
-Brighton have conceded a league-high proportion of their goals from opposition headers (35%).
- Hemed has scored in each of his last five league appearances for Brighton (six goals) - this despite attempting just seven shots on target during this run.
-Brighton boss Chris Hughton oversees his 100th league game in charge of the Seagulls - his record from his first 99 Championship games reads; won 49, drew 31 and lost 19.

-

Cambridge utd -Newport, I expect home win here, hosts had very hard schedule and lost few games but they are better team then Newport and today will prove it!

Doncaster - Luton and Grimsby - Mansfield are two matches that I expect many goals and my suggestions here is to play over 2.5 or btts and over!

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

That Forest versus Wednesday game is one that I am not touching with a barge pole. Forest seem to be picking up again at home lately but you just don't know what Wednesday will do against teams in form on their own patch. I think a draw would be my selection if pushed. Agree on Plymouth. How many times have we spoke of how under-valued they always are and how over-priced Portsmouth are! Plymouth have been good servants for this forum so understand that. Norwich were struggling but Neil has turned it around for them recently. Unbeaten in their last six matches including four wins. Burton will be on their arse after that 4-1 loss against Brighton. As close to a banker as you'll get this weekend I think.

Just a word of caution on Norwich today. We have lots of injuries at the moment and it seems that every match we play, we pick up 2/3 injuries to key players.

Naismith has been injured for a few weeks now, but was coming into form lovely just prior to his injury.

Crucially, Nelson Oliveira and Ivo Pinto both picked up bad injuries against Forest, with Oliveira sidelined for 4-6 weeks and Pinto a couple of weeks away.

So that leads us with 1 striker, in Cameron Jerome. Alex Neil confirmed yesterday that Jerome was throwing up at HT in the game midweek v Newcastle, so we are almost getting down to our bare bones.

Like I said, just a word of caution as we have a lengthy injury list with a few other important players as well them at I haven't mentioned.

But good luck all.

Just now, canaries91 said:

Just a word of caution on Norwich today. We have lots of injuries at the moment and it seems that every match we play, we pick up 2/3 injuries to key players.

Naismith has been injured for a few weeks now, but was coming into form lovely just prior to his injury.

Crucially, Nelson Oliveira and Ivo Pinto both picked up bad injuries against Forest, with Oliveira sidelined for 4-6 weeks and Pinto a couple of weeks away.

So that leads us with 1 striker, in Cameron Jerome. Alex Neil confirmed yesterday that Jerome was throwing up at HT in the game midweek v Newcastle, so we are almost getting down to our bare bones.

Like I said, just a word of caution as we have a lengthy injury list with a few other important players as well them at I haven't mentioned.

But good luck all.

Forgot to mention. Norwich fans have a kind of "hoodoo" thing going on this season. Whenever Pinto doesn't play, we don't win. Think we have failed to do so at all this season.

22 hours ago, sajtion said:

is that it?  you don't have nothing else to say on my selections? wow, your contribution is amazing

It's obviously a massive mug punter bet. An 8-fold where your only reason for selecting them is that they're " the most reliable team on form".

Educate yourself and be more thorough when selecting bets. 

Edited by Petersson1984

My two recent bets have hit the bar both being on the wrong side of 1-0 defeats in two close encounters.  Always looking for an angle for value..  anyway onwards and upwards.

my pick this week is Forfar away to Berwick. Clear quality diff in the squads and recent h2h between the two reads 3 played 3 wins for Forfar f6 a1.  Forfar are going all out to secure promotion and I don't see where Berwick are going to shift the pendulum here. In fact you have to go back beyond 2010 to see when Berwick last got a result over Forfar talk about bogey sides. 

Anyway evens is far to large for me not to have a dabble.. that will be the kiss of death now haha.

Other games that have caught my eye but are high risk - Alloa away to Queen's Park Queen's Park have not beaten Alloa for quite a few years 13/10 is too large.

Morton at home to Falkirk . Though fixture between two form sides. Morton have brought another loan kid from Celtic, Striker. It gives them another edge upfront as they make a push for the playoffs. They beat Falkirk quite convincingly in the cup last month. I think they will edge a tight game , 15/8 got my interest.

good luck if you decide to tail :)

57 minutes ago, Petersson1984 said:

It's obviously a massive mug punter bet. An 8-fold where your only reason for selecting them is that they're " the most reliable team on form".

Educate yourself and be more thorough when selecting bets. 

oh shut up silly boy. everything here is a punt hence the forum punterslounge. if you're so educated lol why don't you post your guaranteed picks as i don't see any. you're just leecher and users like you contribute nothing here

13 minutes ago, sajtion said:

oh shut up silly boy. everything here is a punt hence the forum punterslounge. if you're so educated lol why don't you post your guaranteed picks as i don't see any. you're just leecher and users like you contribute nothing here

Now, now, lads. This is place of reasoned discussion. @sajtion, if your tips are right then you've proved @Petersson1984 wrong. If they're shite, then he's been proved right. Let the tips do the talking, not the cheap chat! Speaking of which, Sajtion makes a great point. Petersson1984, don't just be negative about other people's tips without posting your own to counter. You just look like a troll otherwise and trolls don't do well around these parts.

Also, thanks for the heads up @canaries91. We could do with you posting every week. Very helpful advice. I still think you'll edge it today. Smash that hoodoo!

6 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Now, now, lads. This is place of reasoned discussion. @sajtion, if your tips are right then you've proved @Petersson1984 wrong. If they're shite, then he's been proved right. Let the tips do the talking, not the cheap chat! Speaking of which, Sajtion makes a great point. Petersson1984, don't just be negative about other people's tips without posting your own to counter. You just look like a troll otherwise and trolls don't do well around these parts.

Also, thanks for the heads up @canaries91. We could do with you posting every week. Very helpful advice. I still think you'll edge it today. Smash that hoodoo!

If we all pulled each other every week on our tips we'do be falling out all over the place. Let's just enjoy our punting and if we nail the bookies then all the better. No one is right and no one is wrong. Anyone trying to make a living out of this game is in for rough ride.

14 minutes ago, dogmeister said:

ok gone for a Forfar/Southend doube £15 pays £58

and long shot 5 fold of  Norwich/Forfar/Southend/Morton/Alloa    £5 pays £265

good luck all

I wish I could have had time to share with you my Forfar story where they screwed up my 10 team accumulator by conceding a penalty in the 3rd minute of added on time but nevermind! :lol

On 16/02/2017, 10:42:50, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, sorry that we buggered your accumulator this week mate! Loving that win though! A good point for your boys too! Slade continuing to ride his luck after inexplicable decisions. He's sold his soul to a demon, surely? What is taking your fancy this weekend?

Great win for you guys mate and nice home game against Rotherham today which I have backed you to win (so please don't ruin my accumulator for the second time this week!!). We threw another game away in injury time. I share the same view as a lot of our fans that 6 points is a must out of our next 2 games (home to Gills & home to Swindon) if we are to get back in the survival race. It will be interesting to see if Yakubu starts having came off the bench for half an hour on Tuesday. I can't predict anything on our game today so I won't be touching it! 

My selections are:

Man City

Chelsea

Man Utd

Cardiff

Norwich double chance

Celtic

Going to break my home/away rule here and lump on Port Vale @ 3.86, home to Bristol Rovers. The numbers say draw is a better bet here, but the two sides' records are nearly identical and I'll take the easier route.

Geez, I've conflated two posts here. What I meant to say on this one is that Vale's home record isn't anything to be sniffed at, while Rovers are beatable away.

Edited by allthethings

6 hours ago, sajtion said:

First of all an 8-fold is always always a terrible idea. They are per definition negative value.

Secondly since you didn't do your research proberly and wanted people to talk you out of it, that's a clear sign you are on the wrong path. What answer did you expect? Someone to research all the matches on your behalf?.

The fact you're bringing up "guaranteed picks" just shows you're clueless when it comes to betting. No picks is guaranteed winners. It's all about research and finding value in the prices.

Please do yourself and the forum a favour by educating yourself on value betting and start sharing information instead of asking people to do the work for you.

Edited by Petersson1984

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Hi mate,

My point was not to be negative but point out he cannot expect people to comment on his picks if all he's doing is sharing the fixture.

Enjoy your evening.

PETERSSON1984 YOU DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORM SO YOU ARE CLUELESS OBVIOUSLY.  ARE YOU AFRAID TO SAY TIP AND IT WILL BE WRONG BUT YOU  ACT LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL? LOL  WHY DO YOU CARE HOW I BET. ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE RULES. I TRY TO HAVE A DISCUSSION IN THIS FORUM. YOU ARE DICK AND IF I WAS MODERATOR I WOULD BAN YOU STUPID ASS FOR TROLLING. NOW GO AND FRANKLY PISS OFF

7 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

@Petersson1984 - Now you ruffled the big man's feathers, this could be a bad scene....

So, here's my thoughts. You don't post any bets, with or without reasoning. Therefore, you sound like a troll - post your bets or just shut the fcuk up.

I'll post my bets mate but there's no value left in the bets I got for today why it'll have to wait until the mid week European football. 

On the subject of accumulators and are they a mugs bet, there's really 2 sides to the story.

1. Of course singles are better bets than accumulators, because the percentages are way more in your favour.

2. However, not everyone has £50, £100 to be putting on bets. So they place accumulators in the hope that they can still win big (ish) and for a small stake, that's fun and not too pressurised.

There's nothing wrong with point 2 and anyone that says there is, is quite frankly very arrogant.

6 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

On the subject of accumulators and are they a mugs bet, there's really 2 sides to the story.

1. Of course singles are better bets than accumulators, because the percentages are way more in your favour.

2. However, not everyone has £50, £100 to be putting on bets. So they place accumulators in the hope that they can still win big (ish) and for a small stake, that's fun and not too pressurised.

There's nothing wrong with point 2 and anyone that says there is, is quite frankly very arrogant.

My thoughts on accumulators are that in my life I have won two accumulator bets off a £1 bet each time winning approximately £250 each time. I have probably placed the equivalent of about 100 accumulator bets at £1 over the years. That's a rough profit of £400 off accumulators. That said, I wouldn't be able to earn an income off them. As @Sir Puntalot said, it's small stake fun. Is £1 better spent on a large bar of chocolate or an accumulator that could win you something big back? Provided you place an accumulator knowing what you're in for then that's fine.

On 17/02/2017, 15:53:22, StevieDay1983 said:

BTTS is a tough one for our game. Rotherham had gone four games without scoring before hitting three in their last two matches. Rotherham have only scored 10 in 16 away games this season but our defence is far from water tight and we've conceded 19 goals in 16 home games. I would be amazed if we didn't score so I think you're only needing to consider if Rotherham can hit the net. I would probably be more inclined to bet that we'll win with a clean sheet but maybe I'm being naive.

I don't know why my reply has iincluded the above text, but on the subject of acccas, I often waste £2 on the lotto at odds of 14m/1. Therefore an Accra returning 100/1 or so is a far more sensible option. Alright, the prize fund is different, but which one has the better chance of any return?

13 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

I know it's the wrong thread, but I do fancy Leverkusen V Athletico to be low on goals tonight. Just had a look at the stats between the two, and it has draw/U2.5 written all over it. 

Will anyone else be touching it?

Tut Tut Tiffy, wrong thread! ;) 

Leverkusen are a funny team. They have the ability to score shitloads of goals and I just think I'd be be not wanting to look at the TV if I had an under 2.5 with them in it! AM are very defensive though, so it's a tough call for me.