** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Feb 18th - 20th

champratings.jpg.0335153f923440c412808d8

league1ratings.jpg.3219acc592c9084f69e62

league2ratings.jpg.a3770e2d9d5f6500d89e4

splratings.jpg.58aa09493765593a8362ce5dc

A packed weekend of fixtures ranging from FA Cup 5th Round matches to the Championship, League One, League Two, SPL, and Scottish Championship. Personally, I love the FA Cup and in terms of fixtures this is one of the best in recent memory. How can anybody not look forward to Sutton Utd versus Arsenal. Is anyone brave enough to back the non-league side? Surely worth a £10 bet for the story!

@Tanktop, have you calmed down after the midweek annoyance? I hope your TV is still in one piece. Any bets taking your fancy this weekend?

@stanleybright, good selection with the Aberdeen game. Not sure you were expecting that scoreline but those odds came in so that's great news.

@willie82, you mentioned the Burnley game as one you were going to bet on. Are you sticking with what you suggested?

@Icongene, Mansfield let you down with that draw but it was a great call on Villa. I thought they would get something against Barnsley but they are in deep trouble. If Brucey boy can't save them, who can?! It doesn't get any easier for them with Newcastle away next! -2 Handicap for Newcastle possibly?

@dogmeister, how did your bets go in midweek in the end? I saw you got lured in by the Morecambe value. I have to admit I was tempted but Barnet always screw me over so left it alone. Why can't Barnet just get relegated out of the Football League already!

@skyblues88, sorry that we buggered your accumulator this week mate! Loving that win though! A good point for your boys too! Slade continuing to ride his luck after inexplicable decisions. He's sold his soul to a demon, surely? What is taking your fancy this weekend?

@Tiffy, how do you feel after that draw with Ipswich? They are a team flying right now... thanks to players we've given them! :@ Anyway, what are you looking at this weekend?

@allyhibs, another victim of Mansfield! :lol If they are not careful they will become public enemy number one around here. Fancying your lads for the win this weekend? What about the other games in your division?

@silver fox, Mansfield... I don't need to say any more! You have any picks lined up for these matches?

@waynecoyne, your tipster didn't quite deliver the goods but the Owls did win so he was half right! What does he say for these games?

@KikoCy, so close for that double. It was a fair shout but Ipswich just put the spanner in the works. Got any tidy doubles lined up this weekend?

@sajtion, you fell for all the usual suspects this week! Mansfield, Brighton, and Villa all in there! :rollin What are you going for this weekend?

@amtopm, lovely to see you posting in here. Enjoy your non-league stuff. Care to share some thoughts on the FA Cup games? @addpea, @GazBlades, and @bromsgrovegreen, you lads might also be able to help too!

All about the team news for me. If Burnley and Arsenal go pretty weak then I will look to lay both as I think Lincoln and Sutton are capable of getting results against 2nd string/youth teamers. I would imagine though that Arsenal's heavy defeat last night might mean Wenger can't risk any more embarrassing results.

For now, Celtic -2EH @ 1.66 and Aberdeen win @ 1.44 seem to be worthy of a cheeky double.

Brighton screwed me last week and might just stick to BTTS punts for C'ship/League One/Two.

Millwall @ 2.87 also looks decent, perhaps a DNB single?

Definitely looking for some feedback here.

First time poster here. That Millwall-Leicester FA Cup match looks definitely interesting, I would also like to get more feedback on that match.

I believe Millwall will go with their best possible starting XI. Leicester has very important CL match against Sevilla next wednesday, so I strongly believe there will be rotation. CL has to be Leicester's main motivation at the moment, even though the situation in PL looks tough.

All in all Leicester looked like a team which lacks self confidence when they lost against Swansea last weekend. Leicester's situation is a mess and Millwall has already beaten two premier league teams on FA Cup 16/17, so that's why Millwall's victory with those odds looks tempting. But I think I will have to wait for the starting XIs.

Edited by Judeksi

19 hours ago, sajtion said:

i had a look through the set of fixtures and i've settled on these.

cambridge. plymouth, blackpool, wycombe, mansfield, southend, sheff utd, shrewsbury,

£30 returns £10.000

if anyone has an opinion why i shouldn't include any team above reply why

I think most people are more interested in hearing why you've settled for them?

1 hour ago, Petersson1984 said:

I think most people are more interested in hearing why you've settled for them?

isn't it obvious i'm going for the most reliable team on form. i haven't bet on them yet and since you didn't give me any opinion i have no reason to change my mind. 

22 hours ago, Judeksi said:

First time poster here. That Millwall-Leicester FA Cup match looks definitely interesting, I would also like to get more feedback on that match.

I believe Millwall will go with their best possible starting XI. Leicester has very important CL match against Sevilla next wednesday, so I strongly believe there will be rotation. CL has to be Leicester's main motivation at the moment, even though the situation in PL looks tough.

All in all Leicester looked like a team which lacks self confidence when they lost against Swansea last weekend. Leicester's situation is a mess and Millwall has already beaten two premier league teams on FA Cup 16/17, so that's why Millwall's victory with those odds looks tempting. But I think I will have to wait for the starting XIs.

Welcome, Judeski! Hope you enjoyed popping your poster cherry!

Some interesting views. Definitely agree about the Millwall versus Leicester.

From a Cardiff City perspective, that I offer every week with mixed results, I can see us making hard work of our game with Rotherham but fully expect us to get a solid win in the end. I'd back a -1 handicap for us. The Millers are struggling but will be keen to get one over on former manager Warnock. On the flip side, as a proud Sheffield man, Warnock's results against the Yorkshire sides is decent and he'll be determined to get the 3 points here against his former club.

Just now, stanleybright said:

@StevieDay1983 Hello. Yes, I wasn't expecting that scoreline at Aberdeen but It really was a good odd. I have 4 selections for today and I want to know where can I post them as a parlay. The total odd is 3,86. Thank you and looking forward to your response.

Hi stanleybright. Can you DM me your parlay bet so I can figure out the best place for you to post it please? Most likely in the General Footy section but let me see what you've got lined up.

Southend v Northampton 

Both teams meet during a run of form. Southend have lost twice since october, and only one of those at home (v sheff utd). Since september their home record is - W8 D4 L1, scoring 26, conceding 13 ( 4 of those v sheff utd) an average of 2 goals scored per game, a run that has put them within a point of the play-offs. Manager Phil Brown has no injury concerns and has plenty of competition for places, especially strikers, stating - 

"It’s a lovely position to be in as a manager when you’ve got the firepower and a strike force that six or seven on any given day can, not just get one, but get hat-tricks. They can get goals.

Northampton have won 3 of the last 4 matches, (which i think is why the bookies have them too short), however, they were all at home against Swindon, Chesterfield and Coventry - the bottom 3 teams in the division!  Before these 4 games their form since Oct 12 is W1 D0 L10, and they lost 5 in a row before the win over Coventry. They are a shaky side and have a couple of good players returning from injuries, but Southend have too much firepower, and if they (Southend) score first, they may go on to score a hatful.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/preview-this-is-my-best-strikeforce-says-brown-3579741.aspx - southend preview

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/ - northampton preview

Southend @ 2.05 

Southend & over 2.5 goals @ 3.00

I have dragged myself off my sickbed to post! Actually it's bliss being off work and having time to study the fixtures in more depth!

After an early scan & some research, here are my thoughts.

FA CUP 5th RND

Huddersfield v Citeh

This game screams goals to me. I have been very impressed with the home side, especially the way they thumped Brighton, and now are chasing the automatic promotion spots. Wagner has added a raft of German talent recently, and this will only mean more pace & power. I can 't believe that either team will field really weak sides, although City obviously have their CL games coming up. It's Germany V Spain for me, & I fancy BTTS & O2.5 GOALS - 2.1 B365

BORO V OXFORD

Here is a potential Champioship fixture for next season?

Whilst it's a game Boro won't want to lose, their focus will be on safety this season. Oxford on the other hand are flying both in the league & are one game away from Wembley in the EFL Cup. I can't see Oxford getting thrashed here, so will be backing them on the AH

OXFORD +1 AH 2.3

LIONS V FOXES

Lord Attenborough once said to me "Look, Tiffy old bean, if you put a fox in a cage against a lion, the lion wins every time"!

And of course he is right. Leicester have bigger fish to fry at the moment. They area battling relegation, and have a tough game coming up in the CL next week. Whilst on paper they should win, the game won't be played an paper, it will be played at the Lions Den, one of the most intimidating grounds in the country. Neil Harris will field a strong team, as he doesn't have a big squad, and I am sure that he will have them pumped up, at home, to knock the champions out of the cup. It will be history making for them, and a feather in his cap. Don't forget, Milwall are a pretty decent cup side who have caused a few upsets in the past. The only problem will be, do MILWALL have the quality to break them down?

MILWALL AH +0.5 - 1.77

I also like the look of

CARDIFF V ROTHERHAM & BTTS @StevieDay1983

BARROW V TORQUAY

HALIFAX & BILLERICAY DBL  @addpea

Any comments welcome

Good luck one & all!

BTTS is a tough one for our game. Rotherham had gone four games without scoring before hitting three in their last two matches. Rotherham have only scored 10 in 16 away games this season but our defence is far from water tight and we've conceded 19 goals in 16 home games. I would be amazed if we didn't score so I think you're only needing to consider if Rotherham can hit the net. I would probably be more inclined to bet that we'll win with a clean sheet but maybe I'm being naive.

Wolverhampton v Chelsea FC

Wolverhampton: Jack Price (15/0 m, probably in), Nouha Dicko (18/0 f, doubtful), Joe Mason (17/3 f), Ivan Cavaleiro (22/4 f), Michal Żyro (0/0 m), Jordan Graham (0/0 m), Sílvio (2/0 d)

Chelsea FC: David Luiz (21/1 d), Marcos Alonso (20/4 d)(both probably out)

Huddersfield v Manchester City

Huddersfield: Aaron Mooy (30/2 m, on loan from Manchester City), Jonathan Hogg (26/1 m), Kasey Palmer (24/4 m), Sean Scannell (11/0 f)

Manchester City: Gabriel Jesus (4/3 f), Ilkay Gündoğan (10/3 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 2/16/2017, 10:42:50, StevieDay1983 said:

hibs, another victim of Mansfield! :lol If they are not careful they will become public enemy number one around here. Fancying your lads for the win this weekend? What about the other games in your division?

Only one bet for me this weekend Stevie, i'm still travelling round SE Asia so internet is really patchy/non existant in places. I've got a large stake on Hibs at 1/2, Raith are sh#t, we'll win easy. :loon

Hibs are the better team by far Allyhibs but Raith have appointed John Huges as manager which will have a positive effect. He is a decent manager. I still expect Hibs to win but even the bookies think they are less of a nap with huges on charge. Hibs were 2/7 before Huges was appointed and they are now 1/2  

I still expect Burnley to cover the -1 handicap. I just think they will have too much for lincoln

Have followed for a while and picked up some good tips from this forum and making a profit so thought I would join the action. My bet for this weekend.

Cardiff 4/7
Norwich or draw 2/7
Southend 1/1
Burnley 3/10

£50 pays £262.64

Cardiff came off the back of a good win against Derby, results don't show but they have some quality and experience in the side and Cardiff will be looking for win at home to maintain momentum and warnock can motivate and knows Rotherham well.

Norwich double chance, they have to much for a hardworking Burton side lacking quality and depth. Burton don't lack heart however and covering the draw, just in case.

Southend have the fire power up front and have almost a fully fit squad at home. Northampton have generally faired poorly but had a mini run of good results lately but against weaker sides. A much more difficult proposition with a trip down to the south coast today.

Burnley to win, Lincoln have had a great run but all good things... there is a huge quality gap here and on a tight pitch with a home crowd it's Burnley all day for me. Even with a few changes there are no big time Charlie's at Burnley and players will always play for Dyche.

Good luck everyone.

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze1 said:

Have followed for a while and picked up some good tips from this forum and making a profit so thought I would join the action. My bet for this weekend.

Cardiff 4/7
Norwich or draw 2/7
Southend 1/1
Burnley 3/10

£50 pays £262.64

Cardiff came off the back of a good win against Derby, results don't show but they have some quality and experience in the side and Cardiff will be looking for win at home to maintain momentum and warnock can motivate and knows Rotherham well.

Norwich double chance, they have to much for a hardworking Burton side lacking quality and depth. Burton don't lack heart however and covering the draw, just in case.

Southend have the fire power up front and have almost a fully fit squad at home. Northampton have generally faired poorly but had a mini run of good results lately but against weaker sides. A much more difficult proposition with a trip down to the south coast today.

Burnley to win, Lincoln have had a great run but all good things... there is a huge quality gap here and on a tight pitch with a home crowd it's Burnley all day for me. Even with a few changes there are no big time Charlie's at Burnley and players will always play for Dyche.

Good luck everyone.

Always a welcome sight to see a lurker posting. Those are decent odds for a four fold like that mate. I'm going to be watching with interest to see how the games finish. That will be one hell of a bet if it comes in. Massive stake but the odds mean it works for a range of stakes as well.

Right onto today, first off Sheffield Wednesday 13/10 against Forest. Forest have won their last 3 home games but Wednesday will be looking to consolidate their play off place and keep the chasers at arms length.

Next selection the ever reliable Plymouth Argyle evs  away from home at Hartlepool. Pools are gash, 3 points for Plymouth.

Norwich 11/10 at Burton, say no more.

That treble pays 8/1.

6 minutes ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Right onto today, first off Sheffield Wednesday 13/10 against Forest. Forest have won their last 3 home games but Wednesday will be looking to consolidate their play off place and keep the chasers at arms length.

Next selection the ever reliable Plymouth Argyle evs  away from home at Hartlepool. Pools are gash, 3 points for Plymouth.

Norwich 11/10 at Burton, say no more.

That treble pays 8/1.

That Forest versus Wednesday game is one that I am not touching with a barge pole. Forest seem to be picking up again at home lately but you just don't know what Wednesday will do against teams in form on their own patch. I think a draw would be my selection if pushed. Agree on Plymouth. How many times have we spoke of how under-valued they always are and how over-priced Portsmouth are! Plymouth have been good servants for this forum so understand that. Norwich were struggling but Neil has turned it around for them recently. Unbeaten in their last six matches including four wins. Burton will be on their arse after that 4-1 loss against Brighton. As close to a banker as you'll get this weekend I think.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

That Forest versus Wednesday game is one that I am not touching with a barge pole. Forest seem to be picking up again at home lately but you just don't know what Wednesday will do against teams in form on their own patch. I think a draw would be my selection if pushed. Agree on Plymouth. How many times have we spoke of how under-valued they always are and how over-priced Portsmouth are! Plymouth have been good servants for this forum so understand that. Norwich were struggling but Neil has turned it around for them recently. Unbeaten in their last six matches including four wins. Burton will be on their arse after that 4-1 loss against Brighton. As close to a banker as you'll get this weekend I think.

Forest have won their last 3 home games but they beat Bristol City, Rotherham United and Villa....all 3 of them are a total bag of spanners and most team would fancy their chances against them 3.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

BARNSLEY V BRIGHTON
-Barnsley have failed to score in their last two league games against Brighton (D1 L1).
-Brighton won the reverse of this fixture 2-0 in September - they have not done a league double over Barnsley since the 1991-92 campaign.
-Barnsley have scored a league-high 15 headed goals in the Championship this season.
-Brighton have conceded a league-high proportion of their goals from opposition headers (35%).
- Hemed has scored in each of his last five league appearances for Brighton (six goals) - this despite attempting just seven shots on target during this run.

-Brighton boss Chris Hughton oversees his 100th league game in charge of the Seagulls - his record from his first 99 Championship games reads; won 49, drew 31 and lost 19.

20 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

BTTS is a tough one for our game. Rotherham had gone four games without scoring before hitting three in their last two matches. Rotherham have only scored 10 in 16 away games this season but our defence is far from water tight and we've conceded 19 goals in 16 home games. I would be amazed if we didn't score so I think you're only needing to consider if Rotherham can hit the net. I would probably be more inclined to bet that we'll win with a clean sheet but maybe I'm being naive

Thanks Stevie, well said, but I will follow my gut!! (Maybe best not to this week, hahah)