Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Can someone tell me the point in the twat that is Rory Jewani? He travels round from track to track, day to day appearing on your telly at will to tell us what prices Stan James are offering on certain horses and any offers they have on on horses they feel they can get beat. He's probably on 40k plus a year for reading from notes he's been e-mailed 5 minutes previously for about 3 minutes a time on ATR every day. Prick, talks baba, incoherent tripe and if his e-mail ever failed him one day he'd bubble his way through his talks with Mappletoft like one of those crazies you see in town every weekend screaming all manner of complete babble.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Can someone tell me the point in the twat that is Rory Jewani? He travels round from track to track, day to day appearing on your telly at will to tell us what prices Stan James are offering on certain horses and any offers they have on on horses they feel they can get beat. He's probably on 40k plus a year for reading from notes he's been e-mailed 5 minutes previously for about 3 minutes a time on ATR every day. Prick, talks baba, incoherent tripe and if his e-mail ever failed him one day he'd bubble his way through his talks with Mappletoft like one of those crazies you see in town every weekend screaming all manner of complete babble.
I'd love his job though. Going to racing every day talking b*llocks, blokes living the dream.

I'd love his job though. Going to racing every day talking b*llocks, blokes living the dream.
Yeah, l forgot to add im only venting my frustration due to being green with envy at the job he has. Difference being though, me and you know one end of a horse from the other. He's been flown over to Punchestown today (courtesy of gigginstown no doubt) spoke to Gary o' Brien for two minutes and is now probably in the hospitality tent giving himself a tug in the bogs with Hayley o' Connors knickers over his head deeply inhaling the scent of her love tunnel with every breath.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Cracking racing today but two finishes that fully deserve a mention are.... Amy Baker in the 2:55 at Wolves on Jake the Snake, she sat at the back and watched, then pounced, more jockeys should take note, cracking ride. But the ride of the day goes to Sir Ryan Moore riding at Lingfield Pk, his ride in the 5:55 was different class, came with a wet sail and nailed Spencer right on the line, just perfection.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread tomorrow is the return of Igugu. She will be running in the QE2 Cup in Hong Kong. At first I thought that she was a hype horse in Dubai. But after I saw what she achieved in SA I changed my opinion. This horse is something special. She wasn't in her best form in Dubai. She was in season four times and had a bad quarantine-process. Mike de Kock said she was screaming in her stable. She clearly didn't like the environment. But now she is in top form again, according to de Kock. http://blog.summerhill.co.za/blog/tag/igugu And the race tomorrow will be run at her best distance (10f) and at a right handed track. She won 7 from 8 races at an right handed track and she won every time when she ran over 10f or more. I am very excited to see her tomorrow against the HK-stars Ambitious Dragon and California Memory. I think she should not be underestimated and she can turn the tables with Sajjhaa tomorrow. I backed her at 14/1 and I am looking forward to see that cracking race. The pace isn't that strong, maybe she can go away from the front like in this video:

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread As far as they go, a great jumps season came to an end today. Highlight for me was Hurricane Fly regaining his Champion Hurdle crown which lended a much needed boost to the finances. Selfishly, I'm glad it's all over and am very much looking forward to the long, long flat season and some decent weather!! Let's see what's on offer tomorrow..... 3 JUMPS MEETINGS & NONE ON THE LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :wall:sad:cry:rollin Imposed light day then..... Been said a million times and nothing I say will make a jot of difference but I do feel the Racing Calender could be improved - alot!!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Cherry On The Top completed the Fillies Triple Crown on Saturday after winning the the South African Oaks! She became only the second filly in history to win all three legs of the triple crown (Gauteng Fillies Guineas-1.600m; SA Fillies Classic-1.800m; South African Oaks-2.450m), following in the footsteps of Igugu who was the first filly achieving this incredible thing! She went off the 1/4 favourite, but had to work slightly harder than in her two starts before. Nonetheless a fine performance winning with a bit of authority. What an exciting filly!

Two more Grade 1 races have been contested at Turffontein yesterday: What A Winter won another high class sprint, confirming that there is a reason why he's the highest rated horse in South African... he's probably even the best sprinter on the planet at the moment. Even over the sharp 5f trip, a distance which is slightly too short actually, as he's better over 6f, and despite facing a bit of trouble 1f out, he just finished things off with an amazing turn of foot to win easily!
Wylie Hall won the South African Derby, taking advantage from his very good draw, racing not too far off the pace, always in a handy position and won the race in a wild finish eventually on the line. Favourite Tellina was the unlucky horse. He had the widest draw to overcome, had to turn very wide and had to make up loads of ground in the home straight, made then headway in eye-catching fashion on the outside but was hampered 150m out which cost a better finish in the end. He finished a credible 4th eventually and is clearly a horse with a bright future (won the Guineas and 2nd narrowly denied in a photo in the SA Classic).

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm going for a nice day out to Huntingdon today Saint, nice bit of jumping action:lol (its an extra meeting for those they lost with the weather by the way) Totally agree about the calendar though, its a disgrace and always has been. I'm not that bothered about the flat, well not yet anyway as you know but that will get into full flow from next week i'm sure. The thing that wrangles with me is the location of the racing sometimes, doesnt anyone ever look at where the races take place? Or is all about the stay at home punters these days. I'm sure on one weekend we have racing at York, Chester and Haydock and nothing in the midlands for example, its barmy and i'm sure the trainers and jockeys would like it spread around a bit more. The industry is dyeing on its feet and dont get me started on prize money when we just hear that flipping Tennis has just increased theirs by 40%. Anyway, off for some snaps of Billie Magern and co............Only trouble is its a sunday and the kids will be everywhere! Now i do sound like a moaning old git!! :ok

I'm going for a nice day out to Huntingdon today Saint, nice bit of jumping action:lol (its an extra meeting for those they lost with the weather by the way) Totally agree about the calendar though, its a disgrace and always has been. I'm not that bothered about the flat, well not yet anyway as you know but that will get into full flow from next week i'm sure. The thing that wrangles with me is the location of the racing sometimes, doesnt anyone ever look at where the races take place? Or is all about the stay at home punters these days. I'm sure on one weekend we have racing at York, Chester and Haydock and nothing in the midlands for example, its barmy and i'm sure the trainers and jockeys would like it spread around a bit more. The industry is dyeing on its feet and dont get me started on prize money when we just hear that flipping Tennis has just increased theirs by 40%. Anyway, off for some snaps of Billie Magern and co............Only trouble is its a sunday and the kids will be everywhere! Now i do sound like a moaning old git!! :ok
I'm off to Wetherby with Whoneedsrio, camera in tow. Hope to get some decent shots at that last fence. Not too bothered from a betting perspective, some poor races today. Had a few win singles but nothing daft. Hope the weather holds out.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread anyone saw the 3:10 at Kelso today and tell me how Artic Court won the race, my first impression was Scottswell had won but then it was announced Artic Court had got there, but they then showed the photo and still looked to me that Scottswell was infront. Was watching on a bookmaker site and the feed cut off after that, would like to see the photo again.

I haven't personally but someone must have as pricewise tips are up on twitter already!
Thanks E - got to 5% and then it gave up - just getting error messages now :@ Don't really want PWise but do want ot know what prices I can get in the morning before I take any now!!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Yet again Clare Balding makes another mistake when doing the post race interview with Sheikh Mohammed, rather than concentrating on the 2000 Guineas Winning horse she mentions the BHA and he immediately terminates the interview and storms off. I have never liked her rudeness, many viewers complained when she ruined the post race interview of the Grand National a few years back, I hope they do so again.

Yet again Clare Balding makes another mistake when doing the post race interview with Sheikh Mohammed, rather than concentrating on the 2000 Guineas Winning horse she mentions the BHA and he immediately terminates the interview and storms off. I have never liked her rudeness, many viewers complained when she ruined the post race interview of the Grand National a few years back, I hope they do so again.
Personally, I very much hope she apologised privately later. Just my opinion but Racing would be alot poorer without the Sheikh's influence.

Yet again Clare Balding makes another mistake when doing the post race interview with Sheikh Mohammed, rather than concentrating on the 2000 Guineas Winning horse she mentions the BHA and he immediately terminates the interview and storms off. I have never liked her rudeness, many viewers complained when she ruined the post race interview of the Grand National a few years back, I hope they do so again.
I fully agree. IMO, the woman is a pig. Even looks like one.