** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread There was some outstanding racing at Turffontein today, on SA Classic day, with three hot Grade 1's on the card. Promising filly Cherry On The Top completeted the fillies Guineas/SA Classic double today and is now only one win away from the triple crown! She trashed the field once more today. Unfortunately I couldn't find a replay of this race yet. The main race in contrast, the SA Classic, was a real thriller, with a very wild and dramatic finish! 22/1 shocker Love Struck denied Tellina by the narrowest of all possible margins to complete the Guineas/Classic double. On the naked eye it looked for me as if Tallina got up to LS on the line, but the photo proved different. Nonetheless Tellina confirmed all the promise and I assume he'll be a machine if finally stepping up further in trip. The third G1 race on the card, the Oppenheimer Horse Chestnut Stakes, have been won by last years SA Classic winner Slumdogmillionaire in an equally dramatic finish. Have to say that's what I love in South African racing, just from a pure excitement factor. These tight and wild finishes are simply different class! SA Classic:

Also highly recommended to watch: Slumdogmillionaire wins the Oppenheimer Horse Chestnut Stakes:

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Flat meets Saturday to Monday, and then not another till Friday, instead we're stuck with the all weather which we've had for feckin months. Who seriously plans this sh*t? Flat season is back up and running so straight away they have 3 days without a meet, so f*cking stupid it's unreal.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Flat meets Saturday to Monday, and then not another till Friday, instead we're stuck with the all weather which we've had for feckin months. Who seriously plans this sh*t? Flat season is back up and running so straight away they have 3 days without a meet, so f*cking stupid it's unreal.
Couldnt agree more. Its a bit of a farce tbh.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I was very close to backing Bajan Story today in the 4.30 at Kempton when I saw 40s. Finished a close 2nd. Relieved is an understatement! On another note, bit of a shame the better ground has come so late in the season but I reckon there's plenty of value to be found now with horses forced to run on unsuitable soft this season now getting their surface.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Don't know how many of you saw the first at Southwell today but imo Far Gaze was mugged of the race by firstly the Mcabe horse and then, more importantly the stewards. On more than 2 occasions the eventual winner came across far gaze and denied him a clear run up the nearside rail. Now admittedly im talking out of my pocket here (look in the bbotd thread for confirmation if you wish) but everyone at the track was of the same opinion that the race should have been awarded to Far Gaze. The rails bookie l spoke to after the last said that there was an objection raised by the 2nd horse but it was thrown out on regards that these are lightly/unraced 2 yr olds. Im sorry but that is completely unfair in my eyes. Just because interference is more likely to occur in these races does not make it more excusable or give the stewards more scope to throw out legitimate objections. l couldn't believe my ears when l never heard the bell go for a stewards in all honesty. RANT OVER!!!

Don't know how many of you saw the first at Southwell today but imo Far Gaze was mugged of the race by firstly the Mcabe horse and then' date=' more importantly the stewards. On more than 2 occasions the eventual winner came across far gaze and denied him a clear run up the nearside rail. Now admittedly im talking out of my pocket here (look in the bbotd thread for confirmation if you wish) but everyone at the track was of the same opinion that the race should have been awarded to Far Gaze. The rails bookie l spoke to after the last said that there was an objection raised by the 2nd horse but it was thrown out on regards that these are lightly/unraced 2 yr olds. Im sorry but that is completely unfair in my eyes. Just because interference is more likely to occur in these races does not make it more excusable or give the stewards more scope to throw out legitimate objections. l couldn't believe my ears when l never heard the bell go for a stewards in all honesty. RANT OVER!!![/quote'] Again 100% right, the well backed winner was never going to be thrown out, IMO the stewards were all on..Your horse was done over for about 100 yards, and its an absolute disgrace. How anyone could say the result was not affected. Beggars F beleif,,,Amatures sitting on a fence, :wall

Again 100% right' date=' the well backed winner was never going to be thrown out, IMO the stewards were all on..Your horse was done over for about 100 yards, and its an absolute disgrace. How anyone could say the result was not affected. Beggars F beleif,,,Amatures sitting on a fence, :wall[/quote'] 'the stewards were all on' :rollin:rollin

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Battlefront perished on the course. Real shame but above all else what we as lovers of the sport didn't want to see when the RSPCA and the daily mail crew are just waiting to pounce on any fatality. Id have given up every penny l may win this week for there to be no horse casualties so as to say "up yours" to the do gooders out there.

Battlefront perished on the course. Real shame but above all else what we as lovers of the sport didn't want to see when the RSPCA and the daily mail crew are just waiting to pounce on any fatality. Id have given up every penny l may win this week for there to be no horse casualties so as to say "up yours" to the do gooders out there.
Its part n parcel of the game, these people have F all else to do.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Nick Luck, Cunningham and Mcgrath all roundly slagging the attendees of Aintree. Pretty bad form imo. I know that the ladies of Liverpool and the surrounding areas often don't do themselves any favours but they're paying money (possibly counterfeit admittedly :P) to have a good day out today and just because it may not fit with the above 3's mentioned idea of a good day out doesn't mean they should feel the need to ridicule them constantly. Be best off concentrating on the racing and let the goings on in the stands take care of themselves.

Inept bookmaking at it's best today and yesterday! Yesterday, The New One puts in a great display against SEASONED champion hurdle horses, only going down to a horse who now looks like he wants further and gets pushed out for next years champion hurdle! Today My Tent Or Yours beats 3 NOVICES who didn't really have a chance before the race which was reflected by his price of 4-11 and when he wins like expected, he's cut across the boards for next years champion hurdle! No wonder bookies ban and restricted anybody who's smart enough to make a few quid off of their stupid odds compilers prices, here's an idea why not employ better compilers that know how to set a line , profits will go up and you won't need to ban everyone in the process you bean counting pricks!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just had a £2.50 e/w on bennys mist with PP, and it gave me a free £5 bet so I did £2.50 e/w on Trilo Dalene, happy days :nana [TABLE=class: tabular mtop]

[TR=class: settled] [TD]05/04/2013 14:56[/TD] [TD]Bet Stake[/TD] [TD]15:40 TOPHAM CHASE (GRADE 3) 2m 5f 110y - Triolo Dalene @ 20/1 (GP)[/TD] [TD]£5.00 Freebet Used £5.00 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] 15:40 TOPHAM CHASE (GRADE 3) 2m 5f 110y - Triolo Dalene @ 20/1 (GP) (Win)£62.50