** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread 2.45 Ling Jo Hughes, Paul Blockley, Tony PULHANE..wow, Annalay My Darling...What a drift pre race..3.75 - 8.0, in two mins,, in a 5 horse race Not a word said from ATR, take a look at his ride turning for home, stiff as a board in the saddle, all those place lays landed. Blockley and Pulhane,,should have never ever be allowed back into the game, corruption is deep in their blood. I did not have a penny invested, but anyone just in the game, stay away from this phoney trilogy.:ok

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

2.45 Ling Jo Hughes, Paul Blockley, Tony PULHANE..wow, Annalay My Darling...What a drift pre race..3.75 - 8.0, in two mins,, in a 5 horse race Not a word said from ATR, take a look at his ride turning for home, stiff as a board in the saddle, all those place lays landed. Blockley and Pulhane,,should have never ever be allowed back into the game, corruption is deep in their blood. I did not have a penny invested, but anyone just in the game, stay away from this phoney trilogy.:ok
Thought the same myself just watching the race, no money invested personally but put this horse into my alerts for next time because I thought Culhane had given it the softest ride possible, 3 small slaps just off the final bend and hands and heels ridden for most of the straight, never urgent on it at all.

Which courses would you guys recommend in Scotland or northern England for a good day of flat racing? Only been seriously into racing for around a year so looking to take in my first day at the races this season.
I have only been to the courses close to me which are Redcar, Thirsk, Newcastle, Ripon and York. I would definitely recommend going to York for a big meeting :ok

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Midweek, for a quiet day out, STAY AWAY FROM HAYDOCK on a friday n saturday night, chocker block with drunks.. York is very good, however weekends,mmm Chester is always packed, Ripon is very nice n laid back, I would choose at mid week meeting for my first, as you will be able to take in more

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Ayr is a great course, they have the 3 day Scottish National soon, and 3 day Western Meeting in September and plenty more in between. Train access is good and facilities are good too. Unlike other big UK meetings you can easily get access to the horses in horse parade and winners enclosure.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Recommend Perth. Nice place, small, not flashy and you'll get good weather if you go to the April meeting. Quite cheap too. While alcohol no doubt has an impact, they also have the best chips of any course. Just a nice day out. If you plan on taking a partner who doesn't share your horse enthusiasm, but likes an excuse to dress up, it's pretty good too as there's lots to do, last time I was she spent a large part of the day at the pimms tent. Made for an interesting journey home.

2.45 Ling Jo Hughes, Paul Blockley, Tony PULHANE..wow, Annalay My Darling...What a drift pre race..3.75 - 8.0, in two mins,, in a 5 horse race Not a word said from ATR, take a look at his ride turning for home, stiff as a board in the saddle, all those place lays landed. Blockley and Pulhane,,should have never ever be allowed back into the game, corruption is deep in their blood. I did not have a penny invested, but anyone just in the game, stay away from this phoney trilogy.:ok
How the HELL do they get away with it?, 2.50 kempton, 1 horse, 1 ride, Job done, 2nd fav, Tailed off after 2 f, in a 5 f ra..:puke ce ROTTEN!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Can anyone who has had an account limited explain something to me? I had a very good Cheltenham, until which id not knowingly been limited. Today though I clicked on the "max" button out of curiosity to see what theyd lay me and it was a liability to them of just 500, very low for a known high st operator. Does this mean im earmarked for closure? Should add, id quite like a bookie to turn me away. On my gambling to do list.

Can anyone who has had an account limited explain something to me? I had a very good Cheltenham' date=' until which id not knowingly been limited. Today though I clicked on the "max" button out of curiosity to see what theyd lay me and it was a liability to them of just 500, very low for a known high st operator. Does this mean im earmarked for closure? Should add, id quite like a bookie to turn me away. On my gambling to do list.[/quote'] Which firm? A liability of £500 is not limited IMHO. That's about average for weekday dross - the liability per horse would certainly be increased during Cheltenham...?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Paddy. It doesnt bother me, i rarely have enough on as hit that kind of number. But it surprises me theyd only risk losing 500 quid. The shop I work in youre looking at a liability of 2000 on any UK race for joe bloggs before we knock it back. Suppose that is just the difference between bookies. It was more a surprise as if they checked my profit and loss, they could afford to let me pick my odds haha.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Was at Haydock today, quiet but informative, The first race was the worst kept secret...So many mutterings about being against the Fav. Mr syntax in the 4.20, not a penny for it, drifted like a barge pree off, and the tack came free, during the race..MMM In the same race, Mr Moonshine, was a horse that did not really need the penalty today, He will get in the National, 41 in the list, The gun would have been put to his head today, if he needed the penalty, they did not leave the horse on the track today, He came back fairly fresh for anyone who fancies him for the National. James reavelly, was getting a bit of stick, Cold but decent day, all in all.:ok

Awesome news: Danedream scanned in foal to Frankel!!!
Saw that on ATR earlier. Amazing how that foal will be born and have no idea of the expectations placed upon it. It's a funny thing how pedigrees work in horse racing. I've tried to explain it in human terms to people at work.

Saw that on ATR earlier. Amazing how that foal will be born and have no idea of the expectations placed upon it. It's a funny thing how pedigrees work in horse racing. I've tried to explain it in human terms to people at work.
Not a pedigree expert but I think this could work quite well and I hope the foal turns out to be a lovely 10f+ filly or colt. It will be interesting to see what Frankel can achieve at stud anyway, but I'm also quite hopeful that Danedream will be a successful dam.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm surprised Young Joseph is still number 1 at Ballydoyle , I'm not saying he's a bad jockey but he lacks the experience in top races. Given how a split second mistake could massively have an impact on stud fees, I'm surprised Mr Magnier and co have not swooped for an experienced Senior jockey like they have in past seasons.

I'm surprised Young Joseph is still number 1 at Ballydoyle ' date=' I'm not saying he's a bad jockey but he lacks the experience in top races. Given how a split second mistake could massively have an impact on stud fees, I'm surprised Mr Magnier and co have not swooped for an experienced Senior jockey like they have in past seasons.[/quote'] Might have something to do with the fact daddy is the trainer. Not sure how you can say he lacks experience in top races, that is complete nonsense. Won the Irish 2,000 Guineas twice, Moyglare Stud Stakes, Tattersalls Gold Cup, Irish Derby on Camelot, Grand Prix Des Paris, 2,000 Guineas on Camelot, Coronation Cup, The Derby, Prince Of Wales, Queen Elizabeth, Racing Post Trophy, and even won at the Breeders Cup. How on earth does he lack experience in top races? For a 19 year old, he is massively experienced.

Lingfield 3.10 Can't believe I've lost a bet on Elusive Hawk for a damn lose horse. He pushed EH and Kirby virtually out of the track. Unbelievable.
Very unlucky m8, best horse was 3rd. The jockey could have been a bit brighter to the situation, prior to the bend IMO.:eyes

Lingfield 3.10 Can't believe I've lost a bet on Elusive Hawk for a damn lose horse. He pushed EH and Kirby virtually out of the track. Unbelievable.
Very Harsh Fed - Probably no help but take some solace in the fact you picked the right horse. I know that doesn't pay but you made the right call bet wise...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Kirby could definitely have taken a slight pull before the bend to ensure EH was on the inside of the loose one. Always a huge risk of that happening. Wont be much of a price nto but in the same kind of race will be all the rage. For me that means trying to find one against it at a price instead of backing EH regardless of opposition.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread As we relax in our armchairs it's easy to say Kirby should have taken a pull at the bend, but in the spur of the moment I doubt Kirby had much time to react. He did look quite glum in the interview afterwards!Elusive Hawk has a further entry in the coming days.