** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

As we relax in our armchairs it's easy to say Kirby should have taken a pull at the bend' date=' but in the spur of the moment I doubt Kirby had much time to react. He did look quite glum in the interview afterwards!Elusive Hawk has a further entry in the coming days.[/quote'] i know what u r saying. at 35mph..But he had alot of time to plan his move...5 furlongs in fact, thats enough time...he had 3 choices..and the worst 1 he chose. But its poor fayre(AW), with average jockeys on the whole. I know plenty wont agree, but its all opinions. :ok

As we relax in our armchairs it's easy to say Kirby should have taken a pull at the bend' date=' but in the spur of the moment I doubt Kirby had much time to react. He did look quite glum in the interview afterwards!Elusive Hawk has a further entry in the coming days.[/quote'] He had more than enough time to take a pull long before the bend. It's not as if the horse became loose just before the bend. Imo he should have taken a pull as soon as he became aware of the horse becoming loose. A couple of the other jocks were clearly trying to do the same so the room may not have been there right away but it's not exactly difficult to envisage a horse running wide off the final bend without a jockey on board. A young apprentice could be forgiven for not acting upon what had happened but Morris knows his way around Lingfield blindfolded so he could have helped his cause no end imo.

i know what u r saying. at 35mph..But he had alot of time to plan his move...5 furlongs in fact, thats enough time...he had 3 choices..and the worst 1 he chose. But its poor fayre(AW), with average jockeys on the whole. I know plenty wont agree, but its all opinions. :ok
Not sure l agree about the average jockeys comment. It was the only flat meeting in the country today and whilst there were no Buicks, Moores, Hanaghans etc, the lads and lasses there today are right at the top of the game in this country. Hughes, Turner, Fanning and Crowley. Poor horses yes and an error of judgement from Morris but that could happen at any track.

Not sure l agree about the average jockeys comment. It was the only flat meeting in the country today and whilst there were no Buicks, Moores, Hanaghans etc, the lads and lasses there today are right at the top of the game in this country. Hughes, Turner, Fanning and Crowley. Poor horses yes and an error of judgement from Morris but that could happen at any track.
Hughes aside, premier jock, Fanning, just about in that division(however gets enough tries), the rest struggle to break 50 on the turf.. For me it has to be the strike rate on turf. high teens in percentage, says were your at in this game. Just my opinion.:D

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Kirby makes a mistake, bah humbug. Pity he doesn't get this much attention for banging winners left, right and centre for the past year or so. Definately in my opinion the best all weather jockey out there at the moment. Could he have done better on Elusive Hawk? Yes is the answer. He is human.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Aidy, Very good point regarding the AW, Top 3 no doubt. And to be fair he does receive recognition for that. And in this game the better you are , the more you become under the microscope, just as a centre forward, or goalkeeper in football, your carear is all about stats. And people(its human nature) will emphasise the miss'es. But averaging 35 on Grass over a season, 1 a week, puts him on the average list for me. Just my opinion.:D

Aidy, Very good point regarding the AW, Top 3 no doubt. And to be fair he does receive recognition for that. And in this game the better you are , the more you become under the microscope, just as a centre forward, or goalkeeper in football, your carear is all about stats. And people(its human nature) will emphasise the miss'es. But averaging 35 on Grass over a season, 1 a week, puts him on the average list for me. Just my opinion.:D
I never mentioned grass. I said all-weather! On grass, there is nobody more talented than Buick.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Does anyone on here remember watching Coastal Bluff dead heat in the Nunthorpe? Just reading that the bit broke after just a furlong and Kevin Darley had to hang on to the mane for the whole race. Pretty amazing that he still managed to dead heat for the win.

Does anyone on here remember watching Coastal Bluff dead heat in the Nunthorpe? Just reading that the bit broke after just a furlong and Kevin Darley had to hang on to the mane for the whole race. Pretty amazing that he still managed to dead heat for the win.
I recall backing it for the Stewards Cup and Ayr Gold Cup the previous season, didn't back it the following season thinking it wasn't a Gr1 horse.Think it got beat in one of the early season Gr1 sprints before DH, think it was Alex Greaves ( D Nicholls wife) who became first lady to win a Gr1. The Horse was rubbish after that and was quickly retired by connections only for new connections bringing out of retirement and doing a "The Tatling"

2.45 Ling Jo Hughes, Paul Blockley, Tony PULHANE..wow, Annalay My Darling...What a drift pre race..3.75 - 8.0, in two mins,, in a 5 horse race Not a word said from ATR, take a look at his ride turning for home, stiff as a board in the saddle, all those place lays landed. Blockley and Pulhane,,should have never ever be allowed back into the game, corruption is deep in their blood. I did not have a penny invested, but anyone just in the game, stay away from this phoney trilogy.:ok
Thet are making HAY with this 1,,,4 runners ODDS on, 1/10 on the place market, on Betfair, first two count, 1 nr...Finished 3rd. Dont you just love this trilogy ..2 of them confirmed cheats, and let back into the game. :welcome

Thet are making HAY with this 1,,,4 runners ODDS on, 1/10 on the place market, on Betfair, first two count, 1 nr...Finished 3rd. Dont you just love this trilogy ..2 of them confirmed cheats, and let back into the game. :welcome
Just got back from town, was gonna say almost the same. I had a feeling because it was odds on it was going to lose, I didn't have the balls to back the winner though. A Culhane looked like he was suffering from arthritis the way he finished. At odds on its not a gambling proposition, when it's between 5/1 and 10/1 is when they'll strike because there will be plenty of liquidity and you can pile on with ease.

Nice ride by hoban and thanks to the exchanges got a great price for the winner:ok I guess posted a bit nearer race time and not many would have seen it lol.
nice winner mate, but its the daily flat thread you need for the daily selections, this thread is just about chat etc

Just got back from town, was gonna say almost the same. I had a feeling because it was odds on it was going to lose, I didn't have the balls to back the winner though. A Culhane looked like he was suffering from arthritis the way he finished. At odds on its not a gambling proposition, when it's between 5/1 and 10/1 is when they'll strike because there will be plenty of liquidity and you can pile on with ease.
im no vet, but to me it looked lame. see tomorrow if the stewards publish anything.