** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Nicholls really is struggling now isn't he, ive been thinking what horses does he have in the stable that are any good going forward? Henderson has a much stronger string as does Mullins. Nicholls has lost both HArry Fry and also DAn Skelton will leave in May to pursue a training career. Fry took a number of owners with him,i wonder how many fell out with Nicholls as Clive Smith did. The story i have heard about Smith / Nicholls is that the guy is egotistical and doesnt suffer anyone else's opinion other than his own. Its a shame as i cant see what he has in the locker for next year.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Nicholls really is struggling now isn't he, ive been thinking what horses does he have in the stable that are any good going forward? Henderson has a much stronger string as does Mullins. Nicholls has lost both HArry Fry and also DAn Skelton will leave in May to pursue a training career. Fry took a number of owners with him,i wonder how many fell out with Nicholls as Clive Smith did. The story i have heard about Smith / Nicholls is that the guy is egotistical and doesnt suffer anyone else's opinion other than his own. Its a shame as i cant see what he has in the locker for next year.
Not knowing Nicholls personally I won't comment but in regards to his horses I fully agree, and the loss of his 2 right hand men within 2 seasons must hurt. He hasn't really fired them in like he normally always does and it will be interesting to see how he goes next year considering Dan Skelton is leaving now too. Henderson on the other hand has so many top class prospects, as does Mullins.

Nicholls really is struggling now isn't he, ive been thinking what horses does he have in the stable that are any good going forward? Henderson has a much stronger string as does Mullins. Nicholls has lost both HArry Fry and also DAn Skelton will leave in May to pursue a training career. Fry took a number of owners with him,i wonder how many fell out with Nicholls as Clive Smith did. The story i have heard about Smith / Nicholls is that the guy is egotistical and doesnt suffer anyone else's opinion other than his own. Its a shame as i cant see what he has in the locker for next year.
I was talking to Whoneedsrio about Nicholls the other week and said the same. Maybe a lot of success was due to what went on behind the scenes with Fry and Skelton and Nicholls might get found out now. Also as you say if he's upset an owner or two they'll be keen to shift their horses elsewhere. Going into Cheltenham he didn't really have a strong lineup did he? Kauto retired and Big Bucks out left him with Silviniaco Conti as his main hope. Never really liked Dodging Bullets so didn't fancy that and Kauto Stone looks overrated. I'm interested to see how he gets on for the next 2-3 years.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Let's shine the spotlight on.....................Almaty Expresss ! When he won a class 6 handicap at Wolves on saturday he achieved what must be a very rare record of having won at least one race in each of 10 consecutive years Surely there can't be many racehorses who have achieved that ! 21 wins in total of which no less than 18 have come at Wolverhampton - I wonder if that might be something of a record as well ?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread 4 flat turf meetings over the next 7 days in the UK. Over double on the AW. The bookies love it, :cow From the 15th April, cards improve to level the balance...at least. Big Newbury meeting & Scottish National day at the end of that week, its all a bit average until then.:(

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The Willie Mullins trained Blackstairmountain won the Nakayama Grand Jump in Japan! He was a generous 25/1 chance but won well with Ruby in the saddle eventually to land the 124 million yen (£822,000) contest. Great stuff!

Bubbles will always burst.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Mirco Demuro won another important Grade 1 at Japan today: The Satsuki Sho, Japanese 2000 Guineas (皐月賞) on the colt Logotype. They run this race over 2.000m btw. Absolute love how the Japanese celebrate their racing. The people in the stand always going absolute bananas. Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPulBiAou2o

Does anyone know where you can find out about sales and how much was paid for certain horses?
If the horse is already named, thru RP, click on dam, progeny sales. However if its unamed, you will need to know which sales ring it went thru.

Really enjoy these days where ATR just has 2 flat meets on' date=' no Irish sh*t getting in the way (not for a couple of hours anyway), no jump meets getting in the way. A lot of handicaps to enjoy, good day.[/quote'] The Windsor card today is certainly my type of card. Plenty of decent size field handicaps :D

Why in the name of all that is holy is Derek Thompson allowed to provide horse racing commentary? Jesus that man boils my blood. He needs put down.
Come on Irish!!! He's fighting Cancer for goodness sake!!! Not that it excuses some appalling calls I know. Genuine thought though - and I've read this in many places - tis possibly best to watch a race without the commentery in order that you aren't influenced by the commentator and his thoughts on the race in-running. No doubt you are listening on Timeform Radio!! :lol