** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

English racing is in dire straights in my opinion, can someone tell me why we need 3 AW meetings in the middle of the Summer?? Its just going downhill fast, i know the AW racing has its place in the calendar and does come in useful on wet, snowy monday in January but come on even the most ardent sand fans must think this is bonkers. I know the bookmakers are behind putting these fixtures on etc.... but for me one look at the Racing Post today just drives me away from another days racing. Its about time we sorted this out, we need less average meetings and something in the week for the racing fans not just fodder for those who have to have 83 races a day to have a bet in. In my opinion it should be mandatory to have a class 2 race minimum on each days racing. They could drop a fixture and use all the prize money from that to fund a decent race each day, or something like that. I know we have the likes of York coming up but i mean we should have all meetings trying to put on some quality in amongst the dross that is on the 6 cards today! Its embarrassing.
I couldnt agree with you more... The fixture list is organised so backwards at the moment its unreal. Way too many fixtures, poor prize money, really poor low class races with horses that are more suitable for the glue factory that the racecourse. I also dont understand why we only ever have decent racing on one day of the weekend in England? Why cram in 2-4 big meetings wth group races & big handicaps at each on the Saturday and leave Sunday for a couple of smaller tracks to contest some c4-6 handicaps and sellers? Surely the racecourses are going to have more chance of pulling in big crowds on a Sunday rather than on a midweek? I always wonder who controls the quality of the racing that is being put out? Is it the BHA who orchestrate it when the fixture list comes out or is it down to the courses and to how much money they can raise in sponsorship to put up for prize money? Do the courses get any say in when they can have certain fixtures or how many they can have or is that also down to the BHA?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just dipping in and out of the evening racing on RUK and caught Stewart Machin (I think) complaining about the dozens of non runners at Newmarket tonight. He appeared to be saying that it was connected to Jessie J being in concert after racing He mentionned that she was appearing at Newbury tomorrow and expected lots of non runners there For the life of me I can't figure out what he was getting at ? How would the number of non runners be connected in any way to who was appearing in concert after racing ? Was he suggesting that owners entered their horses to get owners passes and had no intention of running ?...............or that horses were being withdrawn because there was a big crowd ? I've only become aware of Miss J in the last few days because of the Closing Ceremony and I was rather smitten with her so I'd hate to think she was the cause of mass non runner defections.............:loon ps......Thommo was back commentating................:)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread So........there were 30 non runners at Newmarket last night Someone on another forum has posted that owners were entering horses because it was so much cheaper than buying tickets to see Jessie J..........they were turning up, getting their badges, then declaring their horse a non runner............that's why so many horses were pulled out late even though there was no change in the going If this is true this is a ridiculous state of affairs..................:unsure

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I think tickets were sold out for it a long time ago so maybe it was the only way they could get in? Anyone finding the RP site really slugish the last two days? not sure if its my laptop or the site as other websites seem to load quickly as normal.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Continental Europe's oldest racetrack is holding its annual 4 day long race meeting at the moment at the racetrack Bad Doberan and staged the most important race of the whole meeting today, a valuable Handicap. As I'm originally from Rostock I know the racetrack Bad Doberan quite well as I used to life not far away from the track and therefore it was basically my local track. The meeting was usually the highlight of my summer which brought me eventually to the point to develop a serious interest in horse racing some years ago before I moved to Ireland. It's a lovely racetrack, usually a great atmosphere at the meeting even though the racing is mainly low grade. But the Lübzer Pils Ostseepreis, as I said the most important race of the meeting, something similar to a class 2 Handicap I suppose, with price money of about €15.000, was held today and won by 57/10 chance Kahoon. Replay of the race here: http://youtu.be/boJPE2crhQk

Continental Europe's oldest racetrack is holding its annual 4 day long race meeting at the moment at the racetrack Bad Doberan and staged the most important race of the whole meeting today' date=' a valuable Handicap. As I'm originally from Rostock I know the racetrack Bad Doberan quite well as I used to life not far away from the track and therefore it was basically my local track. The meeting was usually the highlight of my summer which brought me eventually to the point to develop a serious interest in horse racing some years ago before I moved to Ireland. It's a lovely racetrack, usually a great atmosphere at the meeting even though the racing is mainly low grade. But the Lübzer Pils Ostseepreis, as I said the most important race of the meeting, something similar to a class 2 Handicap I suppose, with price money of about €15.000, was held today and won by 57/10 chance Kahoon. Replay of the race here: [url']

I see that the speaker of the German racing is always the same (forgot his name). Never been at Bad Doberan but I know pretty well the Ostseestadion. I would have never said we had a Piefke in our Forum :)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Haha... yeah my beloved Ostseestadion... haven't been there for a while now unfortunately. Used to be a season ticket holder at FC Hansa some years ago. I guess you mean Manfred Chappmann... he's the voice of German racing indeed, though it's not him at Bad Doberan this year.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Oh St. Pauli, our arch rival! :@ Well, I have nothing against St. Pauli actually, I don't get this hate stuff. For me it's just another football team, no more no less. However Union Berlin is one of my few favourite teams beside Hansa. I have connections to the city due to my family as my father and aunt living there and when I'm there for vacation I usually go to Union for a game. It's a lovely football club.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Did anyone watch the first at Perth today? I was impressed by the difference in size between Anitopia and Emrani (both front runners so very close to each other all the way). Gotta find a picture (BH we need your help in this) as it was really impressive :)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Having been at York on that infamous day 40 years ago that Brigadier Gerard lost his only race, and aware that this race has been the graveyard for a number of other short-priced favourites since then, am I completely barmy in thinking of laying Frankel tomorrow? Running over this quirky course for the first time and, more importantly, over 2f 88yd further than he has run before, I can see this being another hotshot being brought down to earth. I don't want him to lose, but is anyone else thinking the unthinkable?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I can't believe anyone has any stamina doubts really. Indeed he has never run over the trip, but to win on very soft ground on the bridle as a two-year old over a mile...like hell he won't stay the trip, or further. I reckon he'll top his TF rating of 147 tomorrow because if Queally sends him on like he did in the QA, his speed will just murder them. They've said they will not ride him as if the trip is an issue which is absolutely correct. Just hope Queally doesn't sh*t himself and we get a repeat of the SJP.

Having been at York on that infamous day 40 years ago that Brigadier Gerard lost his only race, and aware that this race has been the graveyard for a number of other short-priced favourites since then, am I completely barmy in thinking of laying Frankel tomorrow? Running over this quirky course for the first time and, more importantly, over 2f 88yd further than he has run before, I can see this being another hotshot being brought down to earth. I don't want him to lose, but is anyone else thinking the unthinkable?
I can see one of O'Brien's going off like a scalded cat, setting a very quick pace (possibly Robin Hood or whatever its called) and trying to run the stamina out of Frankel if there are genuine doubts about it getting 10f. St Nick will definitely get the trip but it has so far looked impossible to get Frankel off the bridle, the only time it looked a concern when Queally went off too early at Ascot v Zoffany. A race to watch for me and might take the St Nick at evens w/o Frankel. I actually think the course should suit Frankel, if allowed to gallop on at around the 2f/1f pole they won't reel it in.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Looks to me like he is only getting into his stride at a mile, he always seems to have plenty in the tank after recent runnings. Couldn't lay it.. Even if the trip doesn't suit, he still wins, he has too much class and power. Turn of foot is too much for anything else.

Looks to me like he is only getting into his stride at a mile' date=' he always seems to have plenty in the tank after recent runnings. Couldn't lay it.. Even if the trip doesn't suit, he still wins, he has too much class and power. Turn of foot is too much for anything else.[/quote'] Was only going further and further away in the Queen Anne, way he won the Guineas as a weaker, fresher horse etc just convinces me that he's a big price here. If he doesn't get the 1m2f at York easily I'll be amazed. But I've been wrong before!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Why have they reshuffled the Ebor meeting from Tues / Thurs to Weds / Sat . I much prefer having top races during mid week including the Derby , used to enjoy going to the Ebor on a Wednesday. Its becoming like the jumps , mediocre racing throughout the week with only Saturday as the highlight. Isn't there enough sporting highlights at the weekend already such as soccer , rugby , F1 , wrestling etc .........

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Whats the reason that former champion jockey and multiple Gr1 winner Seb Sanders isn't riding as much for Sir M Prescott ? I can only remember seeing him ride for Sir MP twice this season , the reason given last year was that Sir MP doesn't have enough horses to justify a retainer but it must be something else because L Morris and C Catlin are getting plety of rides.