Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Think you mean Chadwick mate? I agree though I was on Taajub too. He seemed to drop his hands and stop riding about 8 strides before the line allowing Desert Law to get up. Should be slapped on the wrists for that.
Nah Take was on Ahtoug. Should have made it clearer as he was 3rd but still beaten a short head and a neck. I know he has some sort of superstar reputation and that, but I'm sure Fallon/Dettori etc would have got him home. Just thought it was weak. Wasn't really paying attention to your pick mate so not sure on that.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I dunno. I usually try to stay neutral on rides because I don't know what gets the best out of horses but I remember Willie Carson saying that you shouldn't go for the stick too soon and Take didn't give the horse any time to respond really. I dunno, just disappointing I guess and when you get a rider with a bit of an ungainly style and go down by a narrow margin it's easy to lay the blame.

Ah apologies. Looks like we're both unhappy with the rides there then!
Given that the idea of this meeting is to attract new patrons to the sport, the riding has been somewhat shocking!! I haven't seen Chantel add any force behind the saddle as yet and the other isn't much better either!!! Mind u - I'd forgive Chantel quite a bit!!!:loon

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Aye Chantal for all she's a bit tidy, doesn't seem to have much ability on top. Going back to the ride from Chadwick, I'm still dismayed that he just seemed to ride it out hands and heels in the final strides when he got his head in front and Desert Law got back up at the line.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Sun Central was by far the best horse in that race. I can't fault either of Yutaka's last two rides, he tracked Sun Central all the way but just didn't have the accelaration of the winner. In the race before that, he gave the horse a good ride too, but just didn't get up. You can say if Frankie was riding he may have got up, but we will never know that. Watching from a neutral perspective, i couldn't fault him.

Sun Central was by far the best horse in that race. I can't fault either of Yutaka's last two rides' date=' he tracked Sun Central all the way but just didn't have the accelaration of the winner. In the race before that, he gave the horse a good ride too, but just didn't get up. You can say if Frankie was riding he may have got up, but we will never know that. Watching from a neutral perspective, i couldn't fault him.[/quote'] Nah I was joking in this one but he looked weak on Ahtoug imo.

Bloody knew it. Right horse. Wrong jockey. Beaten a head/neck. Yutaka Take is pretty weak. Hope he's better in the next!! (Sour grapes). Serves me right for punting on this card, it's a bit of a nightmare. He just reminds me of an inexperienced jockey who just stands up and smacks the horse.
Give the guy a break , he's had very few rides in this country , you sound just like P Chappel Hyam after his 1994 ride on White Muzzle.

They've had since the late 90s to sort out the jockeys silks in the Shergar Cup ' date=' its still very hard to distinguish which horse is which.[/quote'] It is a bit odd. Could they not just have normal silks but with different caps? Ie. Different shades of blue for one team, different shades of green for another, red etc? Or just all green caps with spots, stripes on them etc for one team?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Who bloo-dy selected J Doyle to represent GB and Ireland ? I don't think he's even won a domestic Group 1 !! They must be laughing at us , having such a under decorated jockey to represent us against the Worlds top jockeys . Remember last year we were captained by another jockey who hadn't won a domestic race at the highest level. Embaressing .

Who bloo-dy selected J Doyle to represent GB and Ireland ? I don't think he's even won a domestic Group 1 !! They must be laughing at us , having such a under decorated jockey to represent us against the Worlds top jockeys . Remember last year we were captained by another jockey who hadn't won a domestic race at the highest level. Embaressing .
World's top jockeys rather than world' best though? Doyle might not be as famous as some of these but he's a lot better than most imo. Surely some of our bigger jockeys would rather ride for connections elsewhere on horses with typically good chances rather than being raffled around potentially to sit on some no-hopers.

It is a bit odd. Could they not just have normal silks but with different caps? Ie. Different shades of blue for one team' date=' different shades of green for another, red etc? Or just all green caps with spots, stripes on them etc for one team?[/quote'] They have tried that along with different team formats and celebrity team captains , you'd have thought they would have come up with a decent format after all these years. Thank god its only once a year.

Who bloo-dy selected J Doyle to represent GB and Ireland ? I don't think he's even won a domestic Group 1 !! They must be laughing at us , having such a under decorated jockey to represent us against the Worlds top jockeys . Remember last year we were captained by another jockey who hadn't won a domestic race at the highest level. Embaressing .
The world's top jockeys? That Japanese bloke is bog standard, that American lady ain't worth a curse on a horse... James Doyle may be no wonder, but he is a very good jockey in his own right, and he gave Sun Central a very good ride to WIN! Also, didn't GB and Ireland win last year? Hardly embarrasing...

The world's top jockeys? That Japanese bloke is bog standard' date=' that American lady ain't worth a curse on a horse... James Doyle may be no wonder, but he is a very good jockey in his own right, and he gave Sun Central a very good ride to WIN! Also, didn't GB and Ireland win last year? Hardly embarrasing...[/quote'] All I'm saying is if you are going to pick a team to represent this GB and Ireland pick the best available. Why no Daryll Holland or Michael Hills ?? That Japanese bloke has won bucket loads of top races , even for top trainer SB Suroor. He even won the Group 1 July Cup many years ago .

All I'm saying is if you are going to pick a team to represent this GB and Ireland pick the best available. Why no Daryll Holland or Michael Hills ?? That Japanese bloke has won bucket loads of top races , even for top trainer SB Suroor. He even won the Group 1 July Cup many years ago .
James Doyle has won a Group 1 too, doesn't matter where, he is still a Group 1 winner. Why didn't the GB Olympic football team pick the best team available? Because they weren't able to.. Jockeys have responsibilities to other trainers, and to be quite honest, i thought the day at Ascot today was the most boring, uninteresting, crap racing i have ever seen in my entire life, anyone in their right frame of mind would want to stay away from it.

James Doyle has won a Group 1 too, doesn't matter where, he is still a Group 1 winner. Why didn't the GB Olympic football team pick the best team available? Because they weren't able to.. Jockeys have responsibilities to other trainers, and to be quite honest, i thought the day at Ascot today was the most boring, uninteresting, crap racing i have ever seen in my entire life, anyone in their right frame of mind would want to stay away from it.
Yes you are correct Aidymac , J Dolyle has infact won an overseas Group 1 , if I recall correctly it was because multiple Group 1 winning jockey Steve Drowne had to have a mandatory year off. To be honest I disagree with your view on the Ascot card , although i dislike the way the Shergar Cup is executed , I did like the size of the fields , the competitiveness of the card which made it decent for punting.

All I'm saying is if you are going to pick a team to represent this GB and Ireland pick the best available. Why no Daryll Holland or Michael Hills?
You can't be serious? :lol Doyle is an excellent up-and-coming pilot. His current abilities are far superior to those of both Holland and Hills, with the latter being quite hilarious to watch in the saddle nowadays. The former is not much better either.

It is a bit odd. Could they not just have normal silks but with different caps? Ie. Different shades of blue for one team' date=' different shades of green for another, red etc? Or just all green caps with spots, stripes on them etc for one team?[/quote'] Thats what I thought... or maybe team colours but different colour caps? Something has got to be better than what they did yesterday.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread English racing is in dire straights in my opinion, can someone tell me why we need 3 AW meetings in the middle of the Summer?? Its just going downhill fast, i know the AW racing has its place in the calendar and does come in useful on wet, snowy monday in January but come on even the most ardent sand fans must think this is bonkers. I know the bookmakers are behind putting these fixtures on etc.... but for me one look at the Racing Post today just drives me away from another days racing. Its about time we sorted this out, we need less average meetings and something in the week for the racing fans not just fodder for those who have to have 83 races a day to have a bet in. In my opinion it should be mandatory to have a class 2 race minimum on each days racing. They could drop a fixture and use all the prize money from that to fund a decent race each day, or something like that. I know we have the likes of York coming up but i mean we should have all meetings trying to put on some quality in amongst the dross that is on the 6 cards today! Its embarrassing.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Last Friday (for a Friday) was terrible I definately think a meeting like the Shergar Cup has it's place. I went last year with a lot of non racing people and they all had a great day out and it raised their interest in the sport and they have definately taken more interest since Today is terrible though, not much worse than an average Monday but 3 AW cards is excessive. Still though, from a punting perspective just leave it. Some people (not referring to you BH) for some reason need to bet everyday. If turnover on these cards was poor then bookies would soon be asking questions

Praying the result at Ffos Las is turned round. Shabak Hom (2pts @ 18/1) beaten a head and did seem to be badly bumped into by the winner. If it was a short-head I'd think he might but doubt it now :cry
I hope it doesn't get turned round!