** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Megalala won at Windsor tonight. What a legend he is, 11 years old and achieving a career highest! WOW! Just so wonderful to see a racehorse running with joy and enthusiasm still at that age. He's definitely one of my favourites. Didn't back him tonight but on many occasions the the years when he won often enough at tasty odds. Saw him last December at Kempton finally with my own eyes live in action and he is certainly a wonderful looking animal.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread HOW much flat racing on tomorrow?!??! I've got no time to look into stats etc and it would be a completely futile exercise anyway as me posting on here won't make a blind bit of difference.... I understand why the weekends are obviously going to be busier fixture wise but I'm not sure I can see any reason why Monday to Friday cannot contain a more even spread. Sometimes there are even 3 race meetings in the North and none in the South... I dunno - Maybe there is a reason but the fixture list leaves a bit to be desired in my admitedly reactionary opinion!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just a thought for people thinking of having bets for Royal Ascot. Last year when the ground was soft there seemed to be a very strong bias for those drawn high. So when looking at the big handicaps, I would wait for the draw as it looks as though its going to be soft next week

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Cant remember a year where I've been so unexcited about Ascot. Can only put this down to the weather and the fact that we probably haven't seen a lot of good 2 year old's yet. Compared to last year I took a sneaky day off work, didn't even tell the missus and spent the day in a paddy power shop watching Goldikova vs Canford Cliffs, Frankel, Power, Frederick Engels vs Casper Netschar, Prohibit, etc. That was a proper days racing.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Did you read Ryan Moore's Betfair column today? http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/ryan-moore/industry-view/ryan-moore-im-full-up-from-too-much-black-caviar-150612-368.html I think he's talking rubbish. He feels that all the coverage about Black Caviar is "boring people to death" "and it is overkill". Personally I can't get enough of her and i don't have the feeling that the majority of people is bored about BC. It's a gift to have her over for Royal Ascot and it's a gift that we are able to witness this wonderful horse. We should be happy about all this coverage, positive headlines for racing! It can't never be enough positive coverage for racing. Black Caviar draws the attention to our beloved sport... that's all that matters. I can't see anything wrong with that. Far from it. And if Ryan does not care, or doesn't want to read about it, well, nobody forces him to do so. I thought actually that he would have already enough to do with his own job anyway: riding race horses...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Lads, need a bit of help. I didn't think this merited its own thread so thought I'd just post in here. I struck a bet in the betting ring on course yesterday. Don't rememver much but woke up this morning with a slip which turned out to be a winner. Can I still claim the winnings even though I didn't collect on course? Don't ask how I didn't collect it. I think the sore head this morning explains a lot.....

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Lads, need a bit of help. I didn't think this merited its own thread so thought I'd just post in here. I struck a bet in the betting ring on course yesterday. Don't rememver much but woke up this morning with a slip which turned out to be a winner. Can I still claim the winnings even though I didn't collect on course? Don't ask how I didn't collect it. I think the sore head this morning explains a lot.....
I think most tickets have the bookies details on the back and you can usually send off your slip in the post as far as I'm aware. If not there is some way to claim as last week a punter was looking for a bookie at Donny that had already packed up and gone and he had to go to some office on course. A bit different if you've left the course but you're still entitled to your winnings. :ok

I think most tickets have the bookies details on the back and you can usually send off your slip in the post as far as I'm aware. If not there is some way to claim as last week a punter was looking for a bookie at Donny that had already packed up and gone and he had to go to some office on course. A bit different if you've left the course but you're still entitled to your winnings. :ok
Thanks Mowgli. Tried phoning the details on the back but no answer today. One for Monday morning i think. Cheers.

Did you read Ryan Moore's Betfair column today? http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/ryan-moore/industry-view/ryan-moore-im-full-up-from-too-much-black-caviar-150612-368.html I think he's talking rubbish. He feels that all the coverage about Black Caviar is "boring people to death" "and it is overkill". Personally I can't get enough of her and i don't have the feeling that the majority of people is bored about BC. It's a gift to have her over for Royal Ascot and it's a gift that we are able to witness this wonderful horse. We should be happy about all this coverage, positive headlines for racing! It can't never be enough positive coverage for racing. Black Caviar draws the attention to our beloved sport... that's all that matters. I can't see anything wrong with that. Far from it. And if Ryan does not care, or doesn't want to read about it, well, nobody forces him to do so. I thought actually that he would have already enough to do with his own job anyway: riding race horses...
I'm with you............I'm more excited about this race than any other in recent times I've been following BC on YouTube and I think it's going to be fantastic to have her running here. I've also caught a few of Matt Chapman's interviews with Peter Moody and he seems like a great character !

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I haven't been too excited for Royal Ascot this year but I have to admit I am getting rather excited about it now. I think its the looking through all of the quality cards. Frankel tomorrow will hopefully put up another demolition job and I am hoping for a couple of French winners. Looking forward to Planteur in the Prince of Wales and Captain Bertie in the Hunt Cup. I am without doubt looking most forward to seeing Black Caviar strut her stuff. I hope she wins and wins by a wide margin.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Peter Moody with Matt chapman today was saying that his horse would demolish the other Aussie sprinters that have come over and won the Royal Ascot sprints in the last few years She'd pick them up and carry them I was amazed to hear the other day that BC weighs more than Denman..........:unsure

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I think the best chance the others have of beating her is if the ground comes up soft. Not because Black Caviar won't handle it but because the likes of Moonlight Cloud and Society Rock are better on soft ground. I still don't expect them to get within a few lengths of her

I can't say I understand Overround's but I am guessing the bookies are having our eyes out?? I am a little nervous for Frankel here... hope he demolishes this field and Excelebration follows him home
They are just protecting themselves from EW thieves in that one... Wankers!!:lol It's still a little naughty though - I mean just go 'win only'?! Bygones - Amazing performance - don't think his 2,000 Gns will ever be beaten for sheer spectacle but amazing none the less. Gotta feel for poor old Excelebration!!!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I've been watching racing for about 16 years and not sure I've ever seen a better miler. There will be plenty on here that have watched racing for longer than me, how does that compare with other milers from yesteryear? I thought he might have gone too early at the 3f marker but it just drew away like it was doing a piece of work on the gallops. Amazing performance.