** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It happens in every race, every day. 50% of fields don't try, especially in maidens. A horse like Ballabriggs who everybody knows is being aimed at the national is one to stay away from, as it is obvious the horse would not be given a hard time. If you as a punter can't latch onto that information, i think it's your own tough poo-poo.. It is like Burton Port lto against Long Run, it was minded in the last part of the race. Can you blame them? No. Horses aren't machines, they can't give 100% every time they run.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread not every horse can win every race, not every horse will be run to its ability, thats racing, none of us are fooled, we are too long in the tooth Russ once said to me that he hates the junps as its all a trial geared towards 1 week - Cheltenham. I tend to agree but weekend races are competitive and trainers chase the money The same goes for the National which is still 6 weeks away so today wasnt a betting proposition for me. i left the race well alone

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

It happens in every race' date=' every day. 50% of fields don't try, especially in maidens. A horse like Ballabriggs who everybody knows is being aimed at the national is one to stay away from, as it is obvious the horse would not be given a hard time. If you as a punter can't latch onto that information, i think it's your own tough poo-poo.. It is like Burton Port lto against Long Run, it was minded in the last part of the race. Can you blame them? No. Horses aren't machines, they can't give 100% every time they run.[/quote'] Why should lesser trainers/jockeys get done with the non triers rule or done for public schooling when Ballybriggs was blatently not trained / ridden to win . Because the horse has a bigger target for later in the season does that make the connections immune from the stewards ?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Although I agree with Erhaab to an extent, I didn't see anything wrong with the ride given to Balla yesterday. I thought he was given every chance and took it up just after the last fence only to fade away in the final furlong. It's not as though he was held up miles off the pace and given no chance of getting involved. I suppose your arguing the fact that he was not 100% fit for the race which is why he didn't go through with his effort. It's common knowledge that the National is his target so why would the trainer him him spot on for now when his main target is 6 weeks away. Like many have said already, horses are not machines and they are all different. Some are easier to train and maybe don't take as long to get 100% right whereas others may take much longer. Some can have several runs a season whereas some can only have 1 or 2. For the betting shop punter, they will have watched that race yesterday and seen that the favourite won and wouldn't have even thought for 1 second about why Balla didn't get much closer or why he faded away in the final furlong. For people thinking of having a serious bet in the race or for people that are professional gamblers then they would have known that there was a strong chance of Balla not being 100% right for that race. Therefore it was either a non-bet race or a race in which to take on the McCain horse.

Jesus that was even more impressive today!
Kicking myself for this one. Had already made a note of it and then with form getting franked at the weekend wanted to be on it even more but actually expected it to go for an alternative race and the top weight put me off but it was class. What a horse and what a trainer to just keep laughing at the handicapper every time he puts it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Does anybody knows why Timmy Murphy was not booked to ride the David Johnson owned Chapoturgeon in the 325 Aintree ? Even when Ruby Walsh was not going to take the ride , it was given to Paddy Brennan ,even though Timmy is due to have a ride the National again not for Davis Johnson. I know in the past David Johnson had probably around 100 horses but this season I've only noticed a handful in his colours maybe no more than a dozen . Have they ended their partnership.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread This is the first Aintree I can remember for many many years where the form at the Cheltenham Festival has stood up in almost every race at Aintree . Traditionally punters would get shafted at this meeting if they backed Cheltenham horses ,most years whatever profit I made in March goes down the Aintree drain. This year being a bit more cautious I scaled down my betting but if I placed my normal sized bets I'd have paid for summer holidays. I think this year the long break between the two meetings is a major reason for this . I know it is determined by when Easter falls , but I think it would be better if Aintree was held in the middle of April each year. Doing this would potentially see many Champions being considered for this meeting , like Synchronised . If the National was held 2 weeks after Cheltenham then we would have been denied the chance of seeing him attempt the double.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Have read that Synchronised may have been put down... Hopefully not... would be terrible. Edit: RP confirmed via Twitter: "Sadly, Gold Cup hero Synchronised and According To Pete are reported fatalities in the Grand National." :(

Have read that Synchronised may have been put down... Hopefully not... would be terrible. Edit: RP confirmed via Twitter: "Sadly, Gold Cup hero Synchronised and According To Pete are reported fatalities in the Grand National." :(
:puke Synchronised should never have been in the race as it was too soon after the Gold Cup IMO and also the shenanigans that happened before the race.

:puke Synchronised should never have been in the race as it was too soon after the Gold Cup IMO and also the shenanigans that happened before the race.
Yeah you prob know more than Jonjo, ap and the vets etc fair point. Happens every week not just in the national.

Yeah you prob know more than Jonjo' date=' ap and the vets etc fair point. Happens every week not just in the national.[/quote'] Smart Arse. Every year horses die in the national it not your ordinary every day chase race as i said it was IMO if thats ok with you ffs.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread A big 'well done' to the BHA, Ascot and Kempton, media companies, trainers etc, sponsors, levy board etc for their magificent response to the abandonment of Wednesday's meeting at Ascot..........the whole meeting has been transferred to Kempton with free entry for racegoers and simulcasting on RUK and ATR :clap

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Emma Spencer was on duty at Haydock today and the last thing she wanted was to see Jamie Spencer have a winner on a televised race. What happens............. he wins the 2.30. She had to interview him with gritted teeth , I wonder why the Cat didn't step and do the interview as he normally does in this situation , maybe he realises his years of sniffing is getting him nowhere.

Emma Spencer was on duty at Haydock today and the last thing she wanted was to see Jamie Spencer have a winner on a televised race. What happens............. he wins the 2.30. She had to interview him with gritted teeth , I wonder why the Cat didn't step and do the interview as he normally does in this situation , maybe he realises his years of sniffing is getting him nowhere.
I saw that yesterday and thought the same as you. Has she had to interview Hayley on a winner yet? I can't recall if I have seen her interview the woman her hubby has allegedly been banging.

I saw that yesterday and thought the same as you. Has she had to interview Hayley on a winner yet? I can't recall if I have seen her interview the woman her hubby has allegedly been banging.
Emma last year interviewed Hayley last year , I think after her Gr1 winner , Emma probably threw up as soon as they cut the camera. Incidently she was a very very profitable jockey when she used to ride , probably one of the best in that sphere , used to back her blind.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Carson adds nothing. He detracts from the presentation. When Balding throws him a bone he states the bleedin' obvious and offers no insight whatsoever. Then when he's bored because he's not getting to say his piece he butts in with some bizzare banal banter. Get rid...

Carson adds nothing. He detracts from the presentation. When Balding throws him a bone he states the bleedin' obvious and offers no insight whatsoever. Then when he's bored because he's not getting to say his piece he butts in with some bizzare banal banter. Get rid...
Thankfully we won't have to put up with him much longer as racing goes over to Channel 4. I just hope they get rid of their muppets too. I can't stand Carson, gets all the horses names wrong, witters on about stuff that isn't important. That time he wastes could be showing previous runs of the horses in the upcoming races. BBC has a snooker player (Parrot) on the show and then 2 token blacks doing the most pointless interviews ever (and I say that without wanting to sound racist) but surely you must cringe when Rishi is interviewing trainers/jockeys. The woman interviewing Jimmy Fortune's family a while back was bloody awful.