** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Bloody nightmare for form study isn't it? You spend hours going through the racing and then it gets abandoned.
Yes, it's a right pain.........fortunately I suspected Kempton would be off today so i had a night off from form study and watched telly instead Made a big mistake though - I watched that stupid film about actors in Vietnam which was a load of rubbish. Even worse I started flicking to Brighton Rock on beeb 2 after about 45 minutes and that looked really good - I wish I'd watched that instead Anyway..........it's a bummer for us when the racing gets called off but think about some poor sod who's driven a horse box from the south of England up to Edinburgh on Saturday and now has to drive back today...............:loon

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread In the most unsurprising turn of events ever, there is, surprise, surprise, a non-runner in the 525 @ Kempton!!:wall 1/10 fav, 8 declared - 2nd and 3rd fav clear of the remainder on form.... COULD YOU BE ANY MORE PREDICTABLE!!!!!!:@ Hope the connections of Flat Cap Thursday enjoy the bookmakers money!!:$

In the most unsurprising turn of events ever, there is, surprise, surprise, a non-runner in the 525 @ Kempton!!:wall 1/10 fav, 8 declared - 2nd and 3rd fav clear of the remainder on form.... COULD YOU BE ANY MORE PREDICTABLE!!!!!!:@ Hope the connections of Flat Cap Thursday enjoy the bookmakers money!!:$
Yep, bookies don't want to be paying out on 3 places when theres a short price fav because they might get stung if a big price horse makes the frame. I knew a guy whos speciality was 16+ runner handicaps. He was great at picking a big price horse to place, occasionally winning, and he made good profits. He eventually gave it up because too many of those races ended up with 15 running. Too many brown envelopes - but the system is exploitable and theres no way of stopping it - and everyone knows it. Just something we have to live with. If you play e/w in these races then half the battle is not only predicting the race, but predicting which races the bookies will throw a brown envelope at.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread there are so many amateurs in racing still though, on Tuesday they were optimistic about it being on!!! How can you say that when the forecast showed a big band of snow landing directly on the course for thursday night do tey actually invest any time in checking the forecasts, you would think they would have a decent link to the met office for detailed forecasts to plan this meeting was never going to be on unless the snow didnt materialise which is unusual once they forecast it it normally arrives"! just annoys me

In the most unsurprising turn of events ever, there is, surprise, surprise, a non-runner in the 525 @ Kempton!!:wall 1/10 fav, 8 declared - 2nd and 3rd fav clear of the remainder on form.... COULD YOU BE ANY MORE PREDICTABLE!!!!!!:@ Hope the connections of Flat Cap Thursday enjoy the bookmakers money!!:$
Yeah, this was my race for the Osesame DRC but I was holding back posting in the full expectation of a non runner Another surprise - it's a self cert (not eaten up)..............:unsure

Yeah, this was my race for the Osesame DRC but I was holding back posting in the full expectation of a non runner Another surprise - it's a self cert (not eaten up)..............:unsure
Why are there so many in that competition who do not play BBOTD or post much on ATR? I might be wrong but that's just the impression I've got. Admitedly, the comp didn't seem to have as much to do with thought out selections - more the shape of the market given the scoring structure.... Just a thought - would be great to get more opinions on the races - even if it was just to disagree with them!;)

Why are there so many in that competition who do not play BBOTD or post much on ATR? I might be wrong but that's just the impression I've got. Admitedly, the comp didn't seem to have as much to do with thought out selections - more the shape of the market given the scoring structure.... Just a thought - would be great to get more opinions on the races - even if it was just to disagree with them!;)
Don't know why some people play one comp and not the other - I was here for a couple of years before I joined in the DRC I like it because I don't think too much about it or spend hours studying form for it - quick selections after scanning the cards and gives a bit of interest in the afternoon's races

I went for the Oscar Whisky race in the DRC, and Flat Cap Thursday was one of them. Was hoping a huge price would nick 3rd.. It is ridiculous now, imagine backing Milglen Bay with a very big e/w bet this morning @ 12/1 and it finished 3rd? I would lose my banana's.. Why don't the UK do what the Irish do and have 3 reserves in big fields? I don't undertstand it

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Back home from Leopardstown and the Hennessy Gold Cup Day. Big crowd turned up... guess the lovely spring sun helped allot to bring in the people. Was a nice day anyway with some quality racing. I really enjoyed it, though I didn't have the best day in terms of betting. But well, I'm just a man for the flat so no problem at all. I was there for the sport itself. Here are some of my photos: scaled.php?server=205&filename=bild4396.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=7&filename=bild4406.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=853&filename=bild4414.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=594&filename=bild4433.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=851&filename=bild4441.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=210&filename=bild4408.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=94&filename=bild4424.jpg&res=mediumscaled.php?server=221&filename=bild4443.jpg&res=medium

Yes' date=' was a good atmosphere, Edberg. The place was packed. And €20 entrance fee for 8 races and five hours on the track is great value for money indeed.[/quote'] We're planning to move to Dublin (my gf lived there 6 years) so I hope I'm gonna enjoy that atmosphere live soon ;)

Well today is nice' date=' isn't it! Hope Sprinter Sacre is impressive here.[/quote'] Very impressive, best jumper of a fence I've seen in a while. With a decent pace to chase he'll be a sure thing in the arkle.

I would expect Long Run to beat Burton Port much easier at Cheltenham
Obviously the weight swing would make you think so, but I'll take my chance at 33s e/w with Burton Port. The test will suit him better than today. Geraghty wasn't tough on him either. Agree that Long Run will perhaps enjoy the test there too, but he's probably a bit too short. Either way, BP must have a good each-way chance if he jumps okay.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Much better jumping from Long Run but you'd still have to worry if Kauto gets him at it again in the Gold Cup. A positive that his jumping was good in the home straight when they quickened though, particularly at the last.