** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Fantastic to see M Al Zarooni win another classic , I think he's one of the best trainers , He's only been training just a few years what an achievement , I can see him winning a Trainers championship in the very near future. Very disappointed with the reaction of the crowd when he went to collect his trophey , or the lack of it. Have to also say that I think M Barzalona is absolutly top class , another Group 1 in such a short amount of time , Epsom Derby , Dubai World Cup amongst others and now this , fantastic.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Oh dear Joseph
This has to be the final nail in the coffin......tactically inept,doent have good hands,a poor judge of pace nor do i think he is the strongest in a finish either.....yes.....CAMELOT may have been a little under par.........but those on here who have defended J O BRIEN and said the horse didnt stay seriously need their heads examined or need to see the race again........he waited far too long to ask the horse the question[was still cantering a good while after BARCALONA had given the winner the office] and his positioning of the horse on the rail was naive to say the least........ Have seem him get beat on a few jollys in ireland in which the rides can be described as less than judicious....and he has given ST NIC at least 3 shocking rides this season:$......surely MAGNIER and TABOR must find a PROPER jockey to replace this CLOWN........and yes the phrase is correct......

This has to be the final nail in the coffin......tactically inept' date='doent have good hands,a poor judge of pace nor do i think he is the strongest in a finish either.....yes.....CAMELOT may have been a little under par.........but those on here who have defended J O BRIEN and said the horse didnt stay seriously need their heads examined or need to see the race again........he waited far too long to ask the horse the question[was still cantering a good while after BARCALONA had given the winner the office'] and his positioning of the horse on the rail was naive to say the least........ Have seem him get beat on a few jollys in ireland in which the rides can be described as less than judicious....and he has given ST NIC at least 3 shocking rides this season:$......surely MAGNIER and TABOR must find a PROPER jockey to replace this CLOWN........and yes the phrase is correct......
Totally agree with you Bags is Bent , Camelot was the best horse but wasn't given the best ride . I think its a bit harsh to call young Joseph a clown , he's only a kid with only 3 years riding experience. I think Aiden has to shoulder more of the blame for a number of reasons . His insistance of using young Joseph rather than a proper jockey . His arogance in thinking the horse was good enough and not to have the ususal 2 pace makers as we often see in the big races. Probably his instructions to young Joseph to sit and wait and wait. I said this earlier in the season that Magnier and Tabor will not tolerate too many mistakes and this one may be the final straw. Kinane , Spencer , Fallon and Murtagh have been dispensed with for unknown public reasons and I can see young Joseph collecting his P45 come November. Maybe they'll say something like he's having weight problems as a cover up.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Francome and McGraph came up with every possible excuse without blaming young Joseph or Aiden . They never have anything bad to say about jockeys or trainers , its like a secret club. Whereas John McCririck was the opposite and spoke his mind , posssibly the same as most of the public that it was the poor ride that prevented us from seeing a triple crown winner.A A lot of people claim to dislike Big Mac but at least you get an honest opinion rather than some brown nose comments.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Some very good write ups in the horse racing selection thread today with some nice winners.:) Good to be here and hopefully find a winner or 2 myself. Sorry my writeups are not at the same standard. But i do put in the hard graft trying to find a punt. All the best to you all and roll on tommorrow

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I wouldn't have been happy had I backed Tiger Club there. The vet was looking at something in the horses mouth before the race which the commentators never even mentioned and the horse ran to me as if something was wrong with the horse

In Yarmouth 3.15 race the winner is a 125/1 horse and by 5l!!! Didn't see such a price (especially in a 10f 13 run race) in a long time... Quite unbelievable.
Clive Brittain one of my favorite trainers , absolutely fantastic. Punters often dismiss his horses like his Derby second , Terimon at 500/1 !!

In Yarmouth 3.15 race the winner is a 125/1 horse and by 5l!!! Didn't see such a price (especially in a 10f 13 run race) in a long time... Quite unbelievable.
Well, step up in trip from 7f to 10f worked wonders for this filly apparently.^^ Second and third paid quite nice each-way prices as well (SP 20/1 & 66/1)...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm still having a problem on the racing post site......... It's the racecard sort features by which you can sort the horses by Draw, Age, Weight, RPR, Best Odds etc by clicking on the buttons at the top of the racecard I was looking at kempton tonight without logging in and the sorts were working..........I then logged in to check my stored speed figs and the sorts were not working.......:@

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It's about time I had a moan about the sporting Life site Since they've had their re-launch it's useless.......though I sometimes wonmder if I'm looking at the right thing because surely there'd be an avalanche of complaints if everyone else is seeing the same as me.......... For example here's what I'm looking at for the racecard for the 3.20 at Hamilton today http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/23-09-2012/hamilton-park/racecard/525525/bet-totequadpot-text-tote-to-89660-e-b-f-conditions-stakes So...........where are the form figurees, the jockey, the trainer, the weight ?...........days since last run, ie the normal things that you would expect to see on a racecard ? Is everybody else clicking on a racecard and just getting a list of horses names and not much else ?.........or am I not looking at what everybody else is looking at ? If what I'm looking at is what they think of as a racecard then there's no point looking at it.....

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Hmm...........that's strange.......I just clicked on my own link above and all those missing things now appear on the racecard....... I can't understand what's going on with this site and i've pretty much just stopped using it except for Fast results which get the result and SP up quicker than the TV channel that's showing the race