** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Not read the thread, apologies if it's already been mentioned. I have heard that there is some sort of serious virus broken out in Germany. German trained horses will be stopped from travelling outside the country, so if you fancy one for the Arc, or any other race on the card, or elsewhere, save your money. The word is that any horse who contracts this virus will be put down. Don't shoot the messenger.
The Cologne race track and stables are in Quarantine. That means all horses that are in the stalls within the radius of one kilometre are not allowed to leave the property for 3 months. All that because one horse in this stable was found with equine infectious anemia. Sad that Danedream stands in this stable.

Frankie got a boll-ocking for winning the St Ledger on Coolmores Scorpion a few years back when the Coolmore / Maktoum war still burning strong. Would love to see multiple Group 1 winning jockey Seamie Heffernan get a chance. Now young Joseph has been kicked off , Camelot looks more of a betting proposition regardless of who is riding.
It seems the feud between the 2 sides has been less intense in recent years with Coolmore sending horses to the Dubai World Cup meeting and Godolphin reciprocating the gesture by allowing Frankie to ride for them.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Camelot had a tough race last time out and i cant see him winning an Arc, he's simply not had enough time for recover, he's showing 11/4 and 3/1 for the race, don't think id back him if he was treble that. Its Sea Moon & Masterstrokes race for the taking, Just my opinion of-course.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Camelot will go off a ridiculous price, whether or not it wins, you really do have to be mad to be taking 11/4ish on a horse with essentially poor form, considering this 'Classic Generation' have proved to be a pretty poor bunch in the UK and Ireland.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The first weekend on October is always the Arc meeting at Longchamp , together with Ascot and Newmarket its busy weekend for Godolphin , yet Frankie is not riding for them till Sunday , tonight he is riding in the USA tonight a couple of mounts for Paul Reddam who together tasted Breeders Cup glory a few years ago with Red Rocks. Barzalona and SDS are taking most of the mounts. In past years Frankie has always been at Longchamp on the Saturday and Sunday for Godolphin / Sheikh Mohammed and is normally fully booked with outside rides too. Will he still be Godolphins No1 next season ? He's on Camalot in the Arc for AP O'Brien a move which nearly got him sacked 7 years ago despite Godolphin having a runner . Interesting to see Paddy Pow-er offering odds for him to be Coolmore's No1 next year.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The Prix D'Labbaye, Europes premier sprint race where UK/Ireland always do well is held in the car park !! The BBCs camera coverage of this race year after year is bl-oody awful. I know its held in the car park but after a few decades why can't the TV companies give us decent pictures of the race. They're always obscure angles and you cannot follow the action at any stage of the race . I'm sure this years rendition will be just as hard to follow.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread How many chances do you give a horse before you say enough is enough? Guaranteed the time you leave them alone, they go and win. I only ask as I am having this problem with Mijhaar. I am convinced he is very talented and I thought he had a cracking chance in the Cambridgeshire but ran as if something was wrong as he finished tailed off. He is back on the racecourse on Friday at York in a conditions race

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm in same situation with Xinbama today. BBOTD him about 4 runs ago but the ground went against him, since then he's had 3 more runs and failed yet ran as if he's about to go in each time. Today I will leave him because todays race looks stronger than some of the ones he couldn't win, he's drawn wide(made that mistake before on backing a few wide drawn runners) and also up in trip. Watch him hose in!! I had 3 bets yesterday and had a concern about each one, two being ground and one a jockey. They all got beat and in hindsight i shouldn't have bet them at all because of those concerns.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Heard in the ATR News just the minute: No Ascot for Orfevre but Dandeream will race on in 2013... Hoped to see Orfevre in the Champions Stakes against Frankel. Would have been really interesting. But he'll go back to race in the Japan Cup now apparently. Danedream kept in training for next year is good news I suppose. Happy to see out German darling again at the track. She deserves to get the chance. Really bad with what happened over in Germany recently.

The first weekend on October is always the Arc meeting at Longchamp , together with Ascot and Newmarket its busy weekend for Godolphin , yet Frankie is not riding for them till Sunday , tonight he is riding in the USA tonight a couple of mounts for Paul Reddam who together tasted Breeders Cup glory a few years ago with Red Rocks. Barzalona and SDS are taking most of the mounts. In past years Frankie has always been at Longchamp on the Saturday and Sunday for Godolphin / Sheikh Mohammed and is normally fully booked with outside rides too. Will he still be Godolphins No1 next season ? He's on Camalot in the Arc for AP O'Brien a move which nearly got him sacked 7 years ago despite Godolphin having a runner . Interesting to see Paddy Pow-er offering odds for him to be Coolmore's No1 next year.
Upon further reading , it transpires that Frankie informed Godolphin that he was riding Camalot via text message. If this is true then it looks like after 2 decades of service Frankie wants out of Godolphin . Taking the Camalot ride would most likely have rattled Sheikh Mohammed's cage. Maybe losing a few high profile Godolphin rides including St Ledger winner Encke to his younger team mates has caused him to take this action . As a betting man I'd say its 7/4 that he'll not be riding for Godolphin next year.Anyone willing to take my £5 ?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Betfred are about to increase their deduction on their Tote win from 13.5% to 16.5% !! They are suggesting the bigger take will be better for the punters !!! Work that one out . The Tote pools are poorly performing as it is with 30% for some of their more exotic bets , a bigger take will see less punters prepared to use this option. We're being Done over

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The theory is other countries will no co-mingle becuase the take out is lower than their pools so there is no point, so the raise will help incentivise other countries to join out pool which will lead to bigger liquidites. Having said that with the take out lower it's hard to see how this will be of benefit to punters

The theory is other countries will no co-mingle becuase the take out is lower than their pools so there is no point' date=' so the raise will help incentivise other countries to join out pool which will lead to bigger liquidites. Having said that with the take out lower it's hard to see how this will be of benefit to punters[/quote'] You are correct in that other countries contributing into the pools will increase the liquidity , which it is in dire need of , however that is simply an excuse for them to increase the take , who knows whether other countries are skeptical about joining purely based on the % take. At time of acquisition last year Fred did say he'd look at the possibility of reducing the take even further , now its in private hands he's gone the opposite way. Under certain conditions the Tote win is an attractive proposition , now not so as it currently stands.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread taken from racing post [h=1]Camelot undergoes surgery for colic[/h] COOLMORE on Thursday night revealed three-time Classic winner Camelot has undergone surgery for colic. The Aidan O'Brien-trained colt, who missed out on Triple Crown glory when he was beaten in the St Leger, was last seen finishing seventh in Sunday's Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. A tweet from Coolmore read: "Triple Classic winner Camelot was admitted to Fethard Veterinary Hospital this evening and underwent exploratory colic surgery. Obviously it's still very early days but a further bulletin will be released in the morning." Camelot, who began his season with victory in the 2,000 Guineas, added the Derby and Irish Derby to that triumph, but suffered a shock reverse behind Encke in the St Leger. He races in the purple colours of Coolmore partner Derrick Smith, who owns the son of Montjeu with John Magnier and Michael Tabor. hope he makes it, good luck

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I am already looking forward to seeing this "Hydrogen" on the track. Bought today and became one of the most expensive yearlings ever in Europe. Think it's a great name... wonder what odds I could get on him winning the Derby haha

taken from racing post Camelot undergoes surgery for colic COOLMORE on Thursday night revealed three-time Classic winner Camelot has undergone surgery for colic. The Aidan O'Brien-trained colt, who missed out on Triple Crown glory when he was beaten in the St Leger, was last seen finishing seventh in Sunday's Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. A tweet from Coolmore read: "Triple Classic winner Camelot was admitted to Fethard Veterinary Hospital this evening and underwent exploratory colic surgery. Obviously it's still very early days but a further bulletin will be released in the morning." Camelot, who began his season with victory in the 2,000 Guineas, added the Derby and Irish Derby to that triumph, but suffered a shock reverse behind Encke in the St Leger. He races in the purple colours of Coolmore partner Derrick Smith, who owns the son of Montjeu with John Magnier and Michael Tabor. hope he makes it, good luck
Could this be BS to salvalage his stud career ? Didn't Coolmore issue an excuse when their Canford Cliff's was beaten by Frankel ? wasn't that simply an excuse to limit the damage on his stud career ?