** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Pennetta > Peng. 2.11 @ Pinnacle (7/10) :ok Del Potro vs Simon. > 35.5 games. 1.88 @ Bwin (6/10) :ok Murray -6 vs Lopez. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :ok Chela > Young. 2.20 @ Bet365 (7/10) :wall Niculescu > Kerber. 2.46 @ Pinnacle (3/10) :wall Lisicki vs Zvonareva. > 21.5 games. 1.76 @ Bwin (5/10) :wall +/-

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 been considering Ferrero +4.5, outright Pavly > Cesca, or Williams to kill Ivanovic under 18, but did choose this one for today: Djokovic vs Dolgopolov over 27.5 games @2.00 Pinnacle These two have never met so far, and the king status of Djokovic is responsible for this outrageous line. OK, Djoker IS a king, and he most probably win this match and US Open 2011 as well, but why on earth should Dolgo play a sheep in this match? I was hesitating to back him against Karlovic, but namely against Karlovic Dolgo proved again his superb skills on return. He is one of the most talented and versatile players on the tour, has all the skills he needs and he made it to QF in Australian Open this year, beating Tsonga there and pushed Andy Murray in a pretty tight QF 4-setter. He had couple of bad results in clay and grass season, but he seems to be in good shape here, and I do not expect him to collapse in three easy sets.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Hi guys, 2 more picks for the US Open: WTA 4TH ROUND WOZNIACKI TO DEFEAT KUZNETSOVA @ 1.33 on unibet WTA QUARTERFINALS PENNETTA TO DEFEAT KERBER @ 1.4 on stanjames Wozniacki after a conflict with her father had a poor month or so but now she proved her form last week winning a title and after 3 easy wins this week. Kuznetsova would need to hit so many winners to be able to pass an in-form Wozniacki. Pennetta after great win over Sharapova played another great match against Peng. I saw Pennetta destroying Kerber one month ago in Bastad and in such a great form with great consistency from the baseline and very few unforced errors she is a favorite to go to the semifinals.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

Hi guys, 2 more picks for the US Open: WTA 4TH ROUND WOZNIACKI TO DEFEAT KUZNETSOVA @ 1.33 on unibet WTA QUARTERFINALS PENNETTA TO DEFEAT KERBER @ 1.4 on stanjames Wozniacki after a conflict with her father had a poor month or so but now she proved her form last week winning a title and after 3 easy wins this week. Kuznetsova would need to hit so many winners to be able to pass an in-form Wozniacki. Pennetta after great win over Sharapova played another great match against Peng. I saw Pennetta destroying Kerber one month ago in Bastad and in such a great form with great consistency from the baseline and very few unforced errors she is a favorite to go to the semifinals.
Suarez Navarro and Kerber are the only two unseeded players left in. Kerber is the only left handed player left in from the 11 who started, and has improved well this past week. Dulgheru beat Petra Kvitova 2-0, then she was beaten by Niculescu 2-0. Niculescu then beat the 27 seed Safarova 2-0, and Angelique Kerber beat her 2-0. It's not that bad a form line really, and I think there may be some good trading opportunites in the final stages of each set.

Suarez Navarro and Kerber are the only two unseeded players left in. Kerber is the only left handed player left in from the 11 who started, and has improved well this past week. Dulgheru beat Petra Kvitova 2-0, then she was beaten by Niculescu 2-0. Niculescu then beat the 27 seed Safarova 2-0, and Angelique Kerber beat her 2-0. It's not that bad a form line really, and I think there may be some good trading opportunites in the final stages of each set.
Well, Kvitova is a known choker that never achieved anything on hard US Open series after Wimbledon. Besides she was apparently influenced by some kind of virosis. After beating Kvitova, Dulgheru was bound to lose the next match as this is the normal scenario with weaker players. Niculescu did the job, and she then had luck to catch Safarova in one of her weak days when she was that much willing to win so that she simply UEd herself into death. Not that Niculescu chpped forehands did not help her to do so :lol Now the next head on the plate was Niculescu, because the match after beating a fav scheme worked again. Besides that, Monica started to feel her abdominal muscle injury acquired couple of weeks ago, because this had to come up after playing that much matches. Kerber had her head on a silver plate. The bottom line is that NO WAY Kerber defeats Pennetta. The only way she can do it is that Flavia becomes drunk, or she will be seriously ill. But if you want to throw money away, this money is yours ...

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 My outrights are doing well enough, so I am going to throw in some match bets as well. Just one for today though. (3/10) J.C.Ferrero/J.Tipsarevic - Over 36.5 games @ 1.73 with Eurobet Yes, the price is quite low, but the line is ridiculous imo. I cannot see this being over in straight sets unless they will be pretty tight, as both can grind their way back to the match and I think we might be in for a good show. The Spaniard is underrated here and I considered him on the handicap, but this seems like the safer bet (having said that, he is probably going to win 3-0 ;))

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Schiavone > Pavlyuchenkova. 2.43 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Pavlyuchenkova failed out to beat Schiavone whilst leading 6-1, 4-1 in this year's French Open. That was a shocker. She was heading towards comfortable victory but nerves got better of her. She has found it very tough playing against the Italian who can defend very well and chases down every single ball. On the other hand, Pavlyuchenkova has serve issues, too many double faults once again and that will one area where she can lose this match today. Other is H2H (1-3) which of course will be on her mind. 2.43 for Schiavone is way too much. Williams -6 vs Ivanovic. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Serena Williams is on a mission here and I can't see anybody who can stop here other than injury. Ivanovic will be badly beaten today. I prefer handicap over unders in case Williams has one poor set which can happen. Suarez Navarro +5.5 vs Petkovic. 1.85 @ Bwin Petkovic won't have everything her own way today. Navarro is very scrappy player and won't give in. She's finaly got rid of her injuries and is ready to get back where she belongs. Navarro beat Petkovic in straight sets in Aussie Open last year and she was in no better form back then. The least she can do today is avoid hammering. 5.5 games looks too big of a task for the German. Ferrero > Tipsarevic. 2.94 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Tipsa overrated, not having that. Ferrero started with couple 5-setter but had walkover in his previous round playing just set and a half against Granollers, so he'll be fresh which is the main thing concerning the Spaniard. Tipsarevic has played just about the same ammount of tennis, so both will be on equal terms. Tipsarevic better server but in best of five sets there will be a point when his serve will break down and that is where Ferrero can make some profit. He's beaten Tipsarevic both times they've played, both matches were in Slams actually and I can't agree with JCF being an underdog here.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Fish today

Sport Tennis
Event Mardy Fish - Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Selection Mardy Fish
Strength 10/10
Date 05/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10
Reasoning I'll favour Mardy Fish here today. Kevin Andersson was in great form before the 3rd round match against him but he simply didn't stand a chance against him as he lost in straight sets. Power hitting isn't really that effective against him, as he is extremelly solid from the baseline nowadays and Tsonga showed in his match-up against Verdasco he can produce quite a couple of unforced errors. Fish is playing on homesoil, he had excellent results in Montreal and Cincinatti prior to this tournament, beating the likes of Nadal while also getting a set out of Djokovic. Tsonga lost to Bogomolov for example, who played solid tennis from the baseline. I believe it's not right to place Tsonga slight favorite here, as Fish has what it takes to get past him.

Sport Tennis
Event Gilles Muller - Rafael Nadal
Selection Gilles Muller
Strength 3/10
Date 06/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 9.00
Reasoning Rafael Nadal had health problems yesterday. He is without big shape, too. In my opinion Gilles Muller can defeat Rafa. They played four times and Rafael Nadal leads 3-1 in head-to-head series. We can see that Gilles Muller defeated Rafa. It was 6 years ago on grass at Wimbledon. Muller won after four sets. They played the last match at Wimbledon in this year and Rafa won in three sets but had big problems. If I remember correctly Gilles had set points in the first set. He has strong, powerfull service - he can't lose to many service games. He is left-handed. Muller won against Ernests Gulbis in the second round. Gulbis is in good shape so it was nice win. The match lasted 228 minutes. I think that Gilles Muller will win. He is in great shape, Nadal is without good shape and has problems. Gilles Muller's service is really strong, he is left-handed so he will be very difficult opponent for Rafa. Odd at bwin is fantastic for me!

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 One early for tomorrow. (4/10) D.Ferrer (-3) to beat A.Roddick @ 1.95 with Pinnacle I cannot see past Ferrer here. He is much better than Roddick at the moment and I would be really surprised if Roddick wins this. The serve is not unbeatable anymore and his shots are pretty bad. Saw his match against Benneteau and did not like Roddick much, way too passive. Small handicap imo, Ferrer the fitter guy and he can cover this even in five (with some luck obviously).

The bottom line is that NO WAY Kerber defeats Pennetta. The only way she can do it is that Flavia becomes drunk, or she will be seriously ill. But if you want to throw money away, this money is yours ...
I didn't say I was going to back her, I said there could be trading opportunites at the end of the match or at the end of a set, as with most matches. Each price obviously changes after a ball is played and each winning stroke sees the price shorten by a general .04 to .05 of a point. The knack is to judge when to 'dive in' as odds move really fast in running. Betting in play, I never bet against a server, I never bet when it's deuce, and I never back under 1.12. The official U.S. Open website gives the match stats after each ball, so you can see who has the best % of first serves in, second serves in, plus %ages for anything else you need to know. Even if you join the match after missing the first set. I don't get greedy, which is where lots of tennis punters come unstuck, they'd rather chance it and let a bet run for just too long, than trade out for a definite profit. Once the price starts to drift you have to have a figure you are prepared tolose before you trade out. The odds can move so quickly that you face a big hit if you stay in for one serve too many. Wozniacki, playng now, was 1.33 before the match started. She has been as high as 1.8 and as low as 1.13, and Kuznetzova has been as low as 2.2 and as high as 7.8, yet the scores are level as they head into the tie break in the first set. Kuznetzova has just won the first set and gone odds-on to 1.9

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Nadal - Muller NY is a very special place for Muller. As a qualifier back in 08 he reached 1/4 final and he was former jounier champion here. Last meeting between these two was at Wimbledon and after two very tight sets in the last one Muller dropped and lost 7-6; 7-6; 6-0. Pretty close IMO. Muller was very close to win at least a set, but no luck. I saw the weather prediction and it is going to be reiny. Possible the mach to be interuped, and this will be + for Muller. Nadal didnt impress against Nalbo and Mullers serv in wet condition could be the key for his game tonight. IMO Muller is tougher than in England and Nadal is Nadal - trying to win without 100% play (he need only one break more then the opponent, but this is hard these days). Tight match and over. over 29.5 games @ 1.66, 4/10 bet365 :ok

I didn't say I was going to back her, I said there could be trading opportunites at the end of the match or at the end of a set, as with most matches. Each price obviously changes after a ball is played and each winning stroke sees the price shorten by a general .04 to .05 of a point. The knack is to judge when to 'dive in' as odds move really fast in running. Betting in play, I never bet against a server, I never bet when it's deuce, and I never back under 1.12. The official U.S. Open website gives the match stats after each ball, so you can see who has the best % of first serves in, second serves in, plus %ages for anything else you need to know. Even if you join the match after missing the first set. I don't get greedy, which is where lots of tennis punters come unstuck, they'd rather chance it and let a bet run for just too long, than trade out for a definite profit. Once the price starts to drift you have to have a figure you are prepared tolose before you trade out. The odds can move so quickly that you face a big hit if you stay in for one serve too many. Wozniacki, playng now, was 1.33 before the match started. She has been as high as 1.8 and as low as 1.13, and Kuznetzova has been as low as 2.2 and as high as 7.8, yet the scores are level as they head into the tie break in the first set. Kuznetzova has just won the first set and gone odds-on to 1.9
I have been loving this in play betting, especially when you are watching the games at the same time. Like last night in the Tsonga vs Fish game,when tsonga won the 1st set I bet on Fish to level, and when Fish took the next 2 sets and started tiring I bet on Tsonga to win the match. The minimum odds I was going for were 3.3 but I would wadger low stakes each time. It works like a charm when you are confident about a certain player then they lose the 1set, you then lump on them to win the game and the profits are huge. I can confidently do it without watching a game for players like Nadal,Djoko,Serena, players you know will always win doesnt matter how bad the start especially if they are playing mental midgets. I want to do it for live televised football games especially when reliable teams like barca,Real,Man utd fall behind or havent scored at half time. Its pure value

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Feel obliged to say this as a warning (because somebody needs to). The Tennis forum does have a certain amount of good info, some nice gems from nice people, but the vast majority of info is from inexperienced people gambling with peanuts who have a little flutter here and there, DON'T TAKE THEIR VIEWS/PICKS with anything more that a pinch of salt DYOR. Compared to other forums i.e. cricket, the Tennis forum is way behind the curve (in the main and experienced players aside).

Feel obliged to say this as a warning (because somebody needs to). The Tennis forum does have a certain amount of good info, some nice gems from nice people, but the vast majority of info is from inexperienced people gambling with peanuts who have a little flutter here and there, DON'T TAKE THEIR VIEWS/PICKS with anything more that a pinch of salt DYOR. Compared to other forums i.e. cricket, the Tennis forum is way behind the curve (in the main and experienced players aside).
What is cricket? ----------------- as to the tennis today: Been considering Simon > Isner and Muller over, but I do not feel confident enough with Simon against Isner on the home soil, and Rafa collapsed on his press conference after Nalbandian match, so who knows how this match will look like. So I decided to go for a shot at small stakes today as already suggested by Crack, and namely Muller to bt Nadal @11.5 Pinnacle Muller really big hitter and Nadal's fitness in question. Could go through. We have seen Nadal to lose to Dodig in Montreal couple of weeks ago, and Nadal lost in three straight sets to Ferrer at AO this year when he was not feeling well. Definitely small stakes - 20% of the usual amount.

Schiavone > Pavlyuchenkova. 2.43 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Williams -6 vs Ivanovic. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Suarez Navarro +5.5 vs Petkovic. 1.85 @ Bwin (4/10) Ferrero > Tipsarevic. 2.94 @ Pinnacle (4/10)
Lousy day with not even a single winner :@ Schiavone and Williams definitely should have won. Cesca with billion unforced errors and Williams donated 3 or 4 games which ruined the handicap. Ferrero should have gone 2-1 up but was not willing to attack and then gave up.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Sport Tennis Event David Ferrer vs Andy Roddick Selection Over 38.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 07/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.83 Reasoning David Ferrer has a win-loss of 43-12 for the current season and recent losses to players such as Simon, Soderling and Monfils suggest that he could perhaps be playing a tad better. In comparison, Andy Roddick has emerged from the worst period of his career and is injury free for once. His performance has been alright but not great but I think he has enough in him to get at least one set from Ferrer in this fixture.

Feel obliged to say this as a warning (because somebody needs to). The Tennis forum does have a certain amount of good info, some nice gems from nice people, but the vast majority of info is from inexperienced people gambling with peanuts who have a little flutter here and there, DON'T TAKE THEIR VIEWS/PICKS with anything more that a pinch of salt DYOR. Compared to other forums i.e. cricket, the Tennis forum is way behind the curve (in the main and experienced players aside).
I'm not sure this is a very fair assessment. Why are you saying this? Who here is inexperienced and doing the forum a disservice?

The bottom line is that NO WAY Kerber defeats Pennetta. The only way she can do it is that Flavia becomes drunk, or she will be seriously ill.
Pennetta @ 1.36 Paddy This will be a lovely post to bring back up if all goes wrong!

Pennetta's odds have gone up 15 cents with my local punting agency, any reasoning why? Pennetta injured? Exhausted? Any info would be highly appreciated :unsure
I don't think either is the case here. I have been watching the odds on Bet365 and it started with 1.4 on Pennetta and then it started drifting in her favor. Yesterday it was 1.36 and now it's 1.33. So, no idea why your local bookie is rising the price on her. :unsure