** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Yesterday Jie Zheng +4 to beat Andrea Petkovic :) Shahar Peer -4.5 to beat Sloane Stephens :( Gisela Dulko +6.5 to beat Victoria Azarenka :) Zheng and Dulko both stuck close enough to their higher ranked opponents to bring the handicaps in, but Peer was really poor against Stephens, who played pretty well in the end. Got the four bets that I posted last night, but one final one for today as well: Andy Murray -7.5 to beat Robin Haase. 2.18 @ Pinnacle Andy Murray is one of the strong favourites to take this title and it would be a major shock if he were not to come through this one with relative ease. After a nervy start against Devvarman, he was playing some very good tennis toward the end and will be full of confidence after his win in Cincinnati. Haase has also been in good form recently, but none of the players he has played against have been anywhere near the calibre of Murray. As Fishy alluded to earlier, he tends to throw in one or two easy sets against the best players, so even if he can keep it tight for a set or two, there is a strong chance that Murray could clear this handicap and at these odds, it is worth a flutter.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

Pennetta Sharapova OVER 18.5 games @ 1.80 (Bwin) The price has since lowered on this. Pennetta hasnt been at her best over the US hardcourt season, she said she has had some injury issues which is believable as she usually does well over these months in previous years. But she has looked comfortable here at the US so far, easily beating Rezai and Oprandi. Sharapova is another step up but you never know what you'll get from her, Watson caused her loads of problems while she killed Yakimova who is crap. Pennetta has always played tough matches with Maria and now that she's finding some form again, I think she can be competitive tonight aswell.
totally agree, Pennetta is showing great form on the court lately, I really think that she is able to win at least 7 games... anyway I took Penetta +5.5 games, so even in canse Sharapova win with 6:3,6:4, my pick is winning Pennetta + 5.5 games 1.91 @ Eurobet

Julien Benneteau - Denis IStomin | Benneteau -5 1.9@bet365 7/10! Sorry little bit late, , just wok eup and picked benneteau insteadly here. Julien is in superb form, he has enormous run in Winston Salem, and overplayed Almagro very easily, Almagro is one of thouse eratic players, who have mental problems. Nothing really to add just easy win for Benneteau here. :hope
6:4 6:4 6:4 :nana

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Took one earlier for tomorrow, the price has moved alot since unsurprisingly, and I think Ivo is fave now. Karlovic to bt Dolgopolov @ 2.20 (Stan James) They have him closer to 1.8-1.9 now which seems more realistic IMO, but I thought getting Ivo as a dog in this match-up was a value bet. Usually I want to fade the big man in slams, especially when he starts as a significant favourite like vs Kubot at Wimbledon, but I do think Dolgo is gonna struggle against him tomorrow. The Ukrainian has all the shots but he's far too inconsistent, goes from great to utter crap, even a few times a set. Went 5 sets with Cipolla yesterday and generally looks underwhelming when I watch him bar a couple of performances earlier this year. Ivo took out Gasquet in 4 last round, great result, big serving as usual but his ground game looked OK too. If he keeps that level it will take a patient, mentally tough player to take him out in my view, I don't think current Dolgopolov is that.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 David Ferrer vs James Blake ferrer to win 3-1 5/2 skybet this match might go all the way or it either be four sets which i think ferrer will come through in which the sets will be tight Andy Roddick vs Jack Sock roddick to win 3-1 13/5 skybet i think four sets should be one here roddick lost a set in his first match and he will lose a set here

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Really hilarious the way Wawrinka threw away that match against Young :lol Anyway, having couple early selections for Saturday Djokovic -9.5 vs Davydenko. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Djokovic has droped just 3 games in first two matches and looks devastating. He has played couple losers but still you have to win that good. My worry for Davydenko here is not having serve. He's been serving poorly and has not faced that much of threat in opening two rounds. He failed to win a set against Djokovic leading by a double break in their last match in Montreal and lost by 7 games over two sets. I think Djoko will take care of him with ease. Don't rate Davydenko as a Grand Slam level player, he has been poor historically and has not looked good enough this week either. Ferrero > Granollers. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (3/10) I know Ferrero has played five sets in each of his 2 rounds but he really looks good. He has had a day of rest and if he doesn't mess around like he did against Monfils and is in the mood to win in straight sets, he'll do that. Granollers more like a clay courter besides sucks against Ferrero having lost all three matches against him including 6-4, 6-3 hammering in Stuttgart this year. 1.95 is odds I won't miss only because this offer is too good to miss!

Mayer -7.5 vs Lisnard. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :ok Benneteau -5.5 vs Istomin. 2.04 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :ok Penneta vs Sharapova. > 18.5 games. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (4/10) :ok Wawrinka -6 vs Young. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) :spank Blake +6.5 vs Ferrer. 1.85 @ Bwin (3/10) :spank Garrigues vs Zvonareva. Definitely should have been couple more winners. Wawrinka totally bottled the match he should have won comfortably. The idiot was couple times up a break in the decider. Blake was as bad throwing away 2nd and 3rd set from break up. WTA stuff

Sport Tennis
Event Player To Win US Open
Selection Samantha Stosur
Strength 2/10
Date 11/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 31.05
Reasoning Serena Williams is a big favorite to win US Open. Who can defeat her? In my opinion Samantha Stosur. Odd for Serena Williams' win is not good but we can see fantastic odd at pinnacle sports for Stosur's win - 31.05! For example odd at bet365 is 13.00. Serena Williams leads 4-2 in head-to-head series so she doesn't like play against Samantha. Stosur has powerfull service, her kick-serve is really good, too. Samantha's service is really hard to break. Stosur hits very strong. Her favourite surface is hardcourt. She won US Open in doubles 6 years ago! I see very nice way to the final. In the next round she will play against Maria Kirilenko. She leads 3-2 in head-to-head series. I must admit that odd like 31.05 at pinnacle sports is great for me and I see big value here!

Sport Tennis
Event Player To Win 3rd Quarter
Selection Flavia Pennetta
Strength 10/10
Date 11/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75
Reasoning I think that Flavia Pennetta will win 3rd Quarter. She defeated Maria Sharapova in the last match. She showed really nice tennis. Pennetta possesses good service, she plays fantastic in rallies. She will play against Shuai Peng in the next round and I think she will beat her. Flavia Pennetta leads 3-0 in head-to-head series so she likes play against Shuai. Next she will play probably against Angelique Kerber. Kerber is in good shape but Pennetta should beat her. I must admit that we can see very nice odd at bet365, for example odd at pinnacle sports is 2.65. Pennetta plays great at US Open - she has played two times in quarterfinal - in 2008 (she lost against Dinara Safina) and in 2009 (she lost against Serena Williams).
Sport Tennis
Event Player To Win 4th Quarter
Selection Samantha Stosur
Strength 10/10
Date 11/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.41
Reasoning Vera Zvonareva, Samantha Stosur, Sabine Lisicki, Maria Kirilenko. I think that Samantha Stosur will win 4th Quarter. She will play against Maria Kirilenko in the next round - she is a favorite. Next against Vera Zvonareva or Sabine Lisicki. Stosur can beat Vera Zvonareva without any problems - she leads 7-1 in head-to-head series. Samantha can beat Sabine Lisicki, too. She leads 4-1 in head-to-head series. I give her the best chance to win 4th Quarter. She is in great shape - played in the final at WTA Toronto (lost against Serena Williams in the final), played in quarterfinal at WTA Cincinnati. I have to say that odd like 4.41 at pinnacle sports is fantastic for me and I take it!

Niculescu +3.5 games vs Safarova @ 1.72 (PPower) Pennetta Sharapova OVER 18.5 games @ 1.80 (Bwin)
Good day yesterday with 2/2, Pennetta overs was comfortable and Niculescu crushed Safarova. Not liking much of today's card but agree with Crack that Stosur is worth a shot to win her quarter. Stosur to win 4th quarter @ 4.50 (Bet365:2/10) Firstly, I dont like Stosur but at this price, it screams value in my view. She is just shy of 1.50 to beat Kirilenko which seems fair, she is a superior player to the Russian and although you never quite know with her, she should come through that one if she serves decently. And if she does she'll face either Zvonareva or Lisicki and at this price you are getting roughly 3.00 on Stosur winning against either, that is value, I would have her at worst between 2.00-2.50 in matches against either player. No doubt she would rather play Zvonareva if she gets through who she kills in the h2h 7-1, Vera playing quite passive stuff this week and has match-up issues in this one. Stosur also has a winning h2h against Lisicki but I guess that match might prove tougher. However looks worth a small value play at this price. Bookies have price up most matches quite well for today I think. tomorrow's card looks more interesting betting-wise. Although I am looking forward to watching Tsonga/Verdasco.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Adding couple WTA matches. Suarez Navarro > Soler-Espinosa. 1.80 @ Pinnacle (4/10) 1.80 for Navarro obviously is more than I would expect. Not more than 1.60 and that is one reason why I'm playing this. Navarro is more experienced at this level, can play a bit on hard courts as well and has beaten couple players who are way better than Espinosa. She's a Challenger circuit level player and has qualified for this tournament, so has already played 5 matches. Fatigue has to be a factor for here. Besides she has lost both matches she's played against Navarro and has not managed even to take a single set from her compatriot. Wozniacki vs King.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Berdych - Tipsarevic I see big class difference here, as I rate Berdych as top 10 player and in my oppinion Tipsa could never be qual to him, his skills and his ranking position. Tipsa is far away from a top player, he is making too many unforced errors and got many times down moments, which makes him quite unstable player,especially in such big moments and games as will be this one. On the other side Berdych is really amazing last months, he managed to beat Federer at Cincinati, smashing him in 2 sets, and really dominating on the court. Also Berdych started here quite stable winning both of his games in 2 sets, even in his 2nd game against Italian Foggini, Berdych made 14 straight games winning , 7:5, 6:0,6:0, which is quite impressive and will give him the confidence he need. Tipsa also improved his tennis but showed some reability in last game against Petzschner losing a set. I expect Berdych to win 3:1 or 3:0 Berdych(-1.5)sets 1.95 @ Unibet

Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams - Victoria Azarenka
Selection Serena Williams(-1.5) set handicap
Strength 2/10
Date 03/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 1.54
Reasoning Victoria Azarenka isn't really in the best of form coming into this game. Before US Open she lost at Stanford in the 1st round to Erakovic in 3 sets, while in Toronto she met Serena in the semi-finals, and despite a perfect tournament till than she bowed down in 2 sets. Serena is finally looking to be in top gear. She won at Toronto and Stanford beating top quality opponents with ease. Her serve is a monster, her baseline shots are like in the good old days. She dismantled Jovanovski and Krajicek in the first 2 rounds, only losing 3 games. Azarenka simply doesn't have the serve to match Serena here. Even at the top of her game she would have an impossible job of winning this match-up with Serena in current form. 2 sets win for the champ.

Berdych - Tipsarevic I see big class difference here, as I rate Berdych as top 10 player and in my oppinion Tipsa could never be qual to him, his skills and his ranking position. Tipsa is far away from a top player, he is making too many unforced errors and got many times down moments, which makes him quite unstable player,especially in such big moments and games as will be this one. On the other side Berdych is really amazing last months, he managed to beat Federer at Cincinati, smashing him in 2 sets, and really dominating on the court. Also Berdych started here quite stable winning both of his games in 2 sets, even in his 2nd game against Italian Foggini, Berdych made 14 straight games winning , 7:5, 6:0,6:0, which is quite impressive and will give him the confidence he need. Tipsa also improved his tennis but showed some reability in last game against Petzschner losing a set. I expect Berdych to win 3:1 or 3:0 Berdych(-1.5)sets 1.95 @ Unibet
Hmmm, yet this far away from a top player Tipsa managed to beat Berdy in straights three weeks ago on Montreal hard and overplayed him in the Davis Cup semifinal last year. Also, I would not overrate Berdy win over mental midget Fognini. Fognini just collapsed in the second and third set - it was not that Berdy played that good. And Berdy is complaining about shoulder injury that needs to be treated after every match. Well, actually I am going for Tipsa to win this one at odds around 3.00 at Pinny ;), though I would better not advise anyone to follow, because I just suck in the past couple of days :-) Anyway, BOL to your play!

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Three retirements this year from Berdy. All to Serbian players :D edit: All to Serbian players in the second set. I think there is a pattern developping LOL. edit2: decided to throw a portion of what I just earned on Anderson +5.5 games > Fish @ 1.87 Pinnacle Kevin producing about a dozen of aces and ONLY 1 UE per match in first two rounds. I think Mardy will have troubles to break this man.

Sport Tennis
Event Dolgopolov - Karlovic
Selection Karlovic - 2.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 6/10
Date 03/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 4.58
Reasoning After some poor form the croatian giant have hit some nice form. His game is all about serve, and now when its working his a real pain in the ***, for most players. Dolgopolov have been a up and coming player the recent years, and he too have been in nice form lately. With some stronmg hitting and a relatively good serve, he have good potential as he is still young, but in order to develope he need to control his temper and not go "Safin". In USO he met two mediocer - for the surface - players in Gil, and Cipolla, and he struggled in both matches. Karlovic have been serving his opponents off the court so far, and agaisnt much stronger opposition as well. IMHO, only nerve can get Ivo not to take this match in three sets. If his serve goes from start, and the dont mess up the first set, im pretty sure with my knowledge from Dolgopolov, who lacks patience and coolness, he will self destruct. Its mentally tough to meet a guy who just put in aces, not to mention boring. I think Dolgos temper will get the best of him in this match up as Karlo is serving at his best. Thoes who dont like to riskt so much, can go with safer options on -1.5 sets @ around 2, or similar as one set can be lost in various unlucky fashions. But the value is here and i trust my analysis on these two guys. GL
Close Window

Sport Tennis
Event Tsonga - Verdasco
Selection Verdasco +4 games (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning Hard for me to see Tsonga winning to easy against Verdasco. The spaniard is another great player who struggling in a slump lately, but who look to have hit some good form in prior to USO. H2H is 2-0 in favour of Verdasco 2010 and 2009, hardcourt. Tsonga is expected to get better and better ofc, but he is up and down, and his level of play is not always the same in a match. Verdasco got the motivation and experience to match up with Tsonga, and maybe, if he can play at his higher levels, he can even win. I expect an even match. Verdasco have the confidence with two good matches so far and also having beaten Tsonga twice. As an underdog I think he will enjoy this one even more so.

Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams - Victoria Azarenka
Selection Serena Williams(-1.5) set handicap
Strength 2/10
Date 03/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 1.54
Reasoning Victoria Azarenka isn't really in the best of form coming into this game. Before US Open she lost at Stanford in the 1st round to Erakovic in 3 sets, while in Toronto she met Serena in the semi-finals, and despite a perfect tournament till than she bowed down in 2 sets. Serena is finally looking to be in top gear. She won at Toronto and Stanford beating top quality opponents with ease. Her serve is a monster, her baseline shots are like in the good old days. She dismantled Jovanovski and Krajicek in the first 2 rounds, only losing 3 games. Azarenka simply doesn't have the serve to match Serena here. Even at the top of her game she would have an impossible job of winning this match-up with Serena in current form. 2 sets win for the champ.
Serena is an interesting bet indeed. I am a bit surprised that her odds rise from 1.2 to around 1.34. Is there any information on why that is happening?

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Have some early selections for Sunday. Chela > Young. 2.20 @ Bet365 (7/10) How on earth can Donald Young be favorite in this match, I have absolutely no idea. Breating Wawrinka sounds good but he should have lost that match. Wawrinka had like billion chances to win it but blew it. Young inconsistent on serve, can't play netplay skills are not there etc. Chela will be really fresh for this one as he has played 3.5 sets in two rounds and if we look at a bigger picture, he's got more variety to his game. In a match where neither guy is serve bomber, baseline rallies will be huge and Chela should outsmart Young. He's beaten him last year on hard, so looks good in every aspect. Not having Young as a favorite in this one! Del Potro vs Simon. > 35.5 games. 1.88 @ Bwin (6/10) Purely from the stats point of view his has to be overs. They have played three times and it has been overs on every single occassion. The last match was in Wimbledon, Delpo won 7-6, 7-6, 7-5 and should have lost at least on of the sets. Del Potro has not been that impressive to feel like he will rollover Simon. The Frenchman plays a style which is hated by his opponents and he will make Del Potro work really hard. Handicap quite good as well but 5.5 games is half a game short of what I was looking for. Anyways, there's no need for 4 set for 35.5 games to be covered. Though, I feel this match won't be decided in straight sets. They played a 5-setter at US Open in 2008. Pennetta > Peng. 2.11 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Pennetta is 4-0 against Peng and that should be enough to back here, especially at price like this. She has been poor all year long but seems like she's finally got some form. Beating Sharapova will be massive confidence booster for the Italian. Pennetta has beaten Peng twice in US Open - in 07 and 08 and should get a hat trick of wins against the Chinese player @ Flushing Meadows. Odds should be the other way round here. Niculescu > Kerber. 2.46 @ Pinnacle (3/10) Niculescu has been killing people this week for fun. The draw has been really good, yet you have be doing something right to lose just 10 games in 3 matches. That's really impressive. Kerber is very good at keeping the ball in play for a very long time but she lacks attacking mindset and is error prone. Niculescu has beaten her in their only match in Krakow in 2008, that was also on hard courts, and I naturally feel strong about her chances in this match as well. 2.46 looks overpriced for sure.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Pavlyuchenkova > Jankovic. 2.10 @ Bwin (6/10) :ok Ferrero > Granollers. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (3/10) :ok Suarez Navarro > Soler-Espinosa. 1.80 @ Pinnacle (4/10) :ok Djokovic -9.5 vs Davydenko. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :wall Wozniacki vs King.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Bennetau to beat Roddick. 3.30 at Pinnacle This is in fact my pick of the day and i see a really solid value here as Roddick just cannot be a 1.40.-something favourite against a guy who is obviously reaching his lifeform and plays every match like its his last. If someone watched him against Almagro he could see with how much confidence does Bennetau played and beside Almagro helping him a lot in that, Bennetau had the entire match under control. Roddick serve is not as consistent as it used to be, couple of times lately he got betrayed by his service and Bennetau will surely punish him if that happens today. In any case, value on Julien which i'll gladly take. Nalbandian +7.5 vs Nadal. 2.02 at Pinnacle Although Nadal should be fresh for this one as he didnt played that much prior to this match, im convinced that Bandy will make him run for his money. A lot. We cant say Nalbandian is in some incredible for of late, but neither is Nadal who struggled a lot recently in Montreal(lost do Dodig) and Cinci(barely beat Verdasco and lost to Fish). Nalbandian has the weapons for Nadal, he's almost equally good from both wings and although his movement isnt on highest level he usually manages to cover that with his excellent strokes and undoubted tennis intelligence. Rafa will struggle tonight, and i wouldnt bet that he'll win this one at all. Delpo -6 to beat Simon. 2.16 at Pinnacle This one has only two possible scenarios: either will Delpo sweep Simon off the court or will Simon give him a reall battle and take off a set of maybe two. Somehow i believe we'll see the first scenario. Why? Well, this is after all Delpotro's favourite GS and the surface which suits the most to his attributes. He didnt had any problems beating Volandri and Junqueira, two claycourters on challengers level. On the other hand Simon had to play five sets against Mello(who is similar to those two Delpo played) and four sets against out-of-form GGL. To me it looks like a bad form of Simon cause i doubt he wanted to stay that long on the court considering his consistent fatigue issues. Delpotro will grow from match to match, these two matches are surely not enough for us to know where is he now but he's fit and fresh enough to play a good match tonight. Chela to beat Young. 2.10 at Ladbrokes Agree with Chela backers, gambler87 said it all imo, i can only confirm that i also wasnt impress with Young despite the win over Wawrinka. Swiss beat himself that day and Young just allow him to selfdestruct with not taking too much initiative. Its really an average player whos mentally not quite solid and unlike most of US players his service isnt that good. Imho, it will be a real struggle, probably even a five setter and experience of Chela and better handling in long ralies should prevail and decide the winner. Odds should be other way around.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Was considering Chela over Young, but I see Chela's inconsistency big factor, so I decided to go for the other Argentinian here, and namely Nalbandian vs Nadal over 30.5 games @1.80 Pinnacle Nalby once again coming out of injury, and it seems that he really enjoys playing at US Open 2011. I saw his interview with Mats Wilander, and he looked fit and sounded quite confident before the match with Nadal. In the past, these two had quite tough tight battles, so I trust Nalby to make the life hard for Rafa once again. Chosing over instead of handicap, because I expect one tight tie-break set won by Nalby, after which he often tanks in the following set, and this would ruin the hcp.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Murray -6.5 vs Lopez. 1.93 at Pinnacle I hardly see any surprises here. Murray is in great form of late altough he needed five sets to defeat Haase who take the first two. Anyway, it had to be only a bad period cause Murray easily won other 3 sets. Lopez first won japanese Ito and after that Pospisil made lots of problems to him in four sets. Before that Lopez lost to Kohli in Cincinatti. Lopez's shaky serve will be seriously tested here against probably the best returner on tour. Also, Murray will dominate in rallies so anything but a win for the brittish in straight sets will be a surprise for me.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Have chosen couple matches in the night session @ Flushing Meadows. Murray -6 vs Lopez. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Murray had a nightmare match against Haase playing five sets in the previous round. Expect him to be smoother this time around. Lopez has got tennis which is very vulnerable against Murray. He will be punished with passing shots a lot today and I can't see him getting anything out of this match. One set on a tie-break maybe, not more than that. Lisicki vs Zvonareva. > 21.5 games. 1.76 @ Bwin (5/10) They have had couple 3-setter this year and it should not be less this time either. I like Lisicki's chances in terms of her being more consistent but she has had trouble closing out matches against Zvonareva, the best example of this is in French Open this year. Should be very tight match and would not rule out 3 sets. Definitely overs here.

Sabine Lisicki and Vera Zvonareva playing at 2-00 a.m. Lisickis opponent, Vera Zvonareva has pulled out of the womens doubles tournament. I haven't found out why, but players have been dropping like flies this week with sickness. Earlier this evening Flavia Pennetta was 1.03 and about to serve for the match when she chucked up. (According to U.S live radio) She drifted to well odds against but still won. If Zvonareva has the same illness, let's hope it's not too trivial. :rollin I backed Sabine Lisikci at big prices a few weeks ago, but due to Serena Williiams playing like a woman possessed she has gone odds to win the tournament, and all the prices have drifted again on the others. Lisickie was 8 on Tuesday, she's 14 now. Come on Sabine !!! :ok